The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2021, 08:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC21091968 View Post
Michelle Obama did an interview (or chat) with Access Hollywood's Mario Lopez and was asked about Harry & Meghan, particularly on the aftermath of the Oprah's interview. In her response, she pray there is forgiveness and resolution within the family relationship and mentioned on the importance of family

Michelle Obama Reacts To Meghan Markle & Prince Harryís Oprah Interview: ĎI Just Pray That There Is Forgivenessí
https://www.accessonline.com/article...is-forgiveness
Leave it to Michelle to nail it. I LOVE her. And I agree with every word.

Family is everything important in this world.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 03-15-2021, 08:42 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyAmerican View Post
I don't know if this has been discussed before, but apparently Finding Freedom says that no one cried during the infamous flower girl dress incident.

https://www.the-sun.com/lifestyle/25...w-omid-scobie/

Many on here always suspected Meghan of ghostwriting that book, and she confirmed in court filings that she'd directed her friends to pass information to the author. Just from how the scene is described, I don't see who else his source could possibly have been. So why the inconsistency?
The most generous explanation is that she has convinced herself that Kate made her cry (it's possible Meghan cried after the encounter). The most likely explanation is that they forgot that they gave Omid a different account.

Old 03-15-2021, 08:48 PM
Majesty

Not e erything that Omid wrote in FF came from the Sussexes. He said in the book that he had consulted several sources.

And it is also possible that in the stress of the run up to a huge wedding Kate did make Meghan cry.
Old 03-15-2021, 09:11 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Not e erything that Omid wrote in FF came from the Sussexes. He said in the book that he had consulted several sources.

And it is also possible that in the stress of the run up to a huge wedding Kate did make Meghan cry.
The other woman in this situation was an extremely hormonal woman who was either heavily pregnant or had just given birth... which one is more likely to cry?
Old 03-15-2021, 09:14 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post

I don't know about FF sources but I edited my post to reflect that I meant to say that Meghan may have cried the after event (whatever it was). Kate also could have cried afterwards.
Old 03-15-2021, 10:03 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenMathilde View Post
I'd agree with that. A Kardashian can easily shove them off the front page especially with the younger crowd.
The same thing in Britain, if Beatrice announces pregnancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
US public opinion is almost com.... OOOH! Look! Something new and shiny!
So true, and H&M are a little less shiny at the moment
Old 03-15-2021, 10:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post
That's what I thought. Michelle is thought to have got on really well with the Queen isn't she? As well as being friendly with Harry and Meghan. So being diplomatic makes sense on all levels both personal and public.
Agreed. She knows both sides and will be diplomatic. I saw the video and she said she wasnít surprised about what Meghan said about race but she hoped the family could forgive. She feels itís a lesson we can all learn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post
The other woman in this situation was an extremely hormonal woman who was either heavily pregnant or had just given birth... which one is more likely to cry?
Meghan also was extremely stressed out on top of dealing with her paternal family leading up to the wedding. So honestly it is very possible they both pushed buttons. Maybe they both cried. We donít know what happened in that situation other than how the papers spun it and now how Meghan saying from her POV. And maybe Kate explains in the note...
Old 03-15-2021, 10:21 PM
Royal Highness

Not just to hear some joyful Royal news I want Beatrice to announce a pregnancy because it will take a lot of attention from Harry and Meghan.sorry not sorry. Plus what’s more effective PR than A Royal baby?
Old 03-15-2021, 10:24 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durham View Post
Forgiveness for what or who though?
I suspect she left it deliberately vague. I wish the White House had made an equally vague statement or stayed out of the discussion completely.
Old 03-15-2021, 10:25 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post

Exactly! I love Michelle, her graceful, nurturing and sympathetic nature is what we need more of in this world.
Old 03-15-2021, 10:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
Not just to hear some joyful Royal news I want Beatrice to announce a pregnancy because it will take a lot of attention from Harry and Meghan.sorry not sorry. Plus what’s more effective PR than A Royal baby?
That would be lovely news but most didn’t really seem to care about Eugenie’s pregnancy. It was passing news. I don’t see that being any great distraction. Now Kate...
Old 03-15-2021, 10:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

I am personally MUCH more interested in a Beatrice pregnancy than yet another by Kate.

Maybe I am in the minority opinion but I often am...

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 03-16-2021, 12:46 AM
Courtier

Quote:

It depends. Forgiveness on whose part? Harry and Meghan or the royal families?
Old 03-16-2021, 02:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

BOTH. The fact that both sides feel hurt by the other means it must be mutual for any healing to begin.

Old 03-16-2021, 02:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

Michelle really sees it from both sides.

Now this in my book is 'Compassion'
Old 03-16-2021, 04:21 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
That would be lovely news but most didnít really seem to care about Eugenieís pregnancy. It was passing news. I donít see that being any great distraction. Now Kate...
People are not particularly interested in the Yorks, and since they are not public figures, their pregnancies' are not all that important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawin View Post
I suspect she left it deliberately vague. I wish the White House had made an equally vague statement or stayed out of the discussion completely.
I don't know why either of them made comments, or Hillary Clinton either. Its nothing to do with candidates for the Presidency or former Presidents...
but of course this is probably what H and Meghan intended when they did the interview.. knowing that public figures in the US would start making comments.
Old 03-16-2021, 05:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
BOTH. The fact that both sides feel hurt by the other means it must be mutual for any healing to begin.
The first step, I think, is for both sides to breathe and then think "where do we go from here?". It's not going to be an easy "I forgive you" and all is unicorn and rainbows again. They need to come to some understandings of the repercussions from actions and words and events. Things just don't fall back into place where they once were. They've changed.
Old 03-16-2021, 05:57 AM
Heir Apparent

I agree. I’m on the side of both sides are hurt and did hurtful things. I know some don’t want to see it that way, but oh well. It is very possible someone said something offensive about Archie just as it’s very possible that Sussexes misunderstood things. We will never know but hopefully with time they can all finds answers and start to heal.
Old 03-16-2021, 06:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
It just doesn't do anybody any good to make private, family disputes public. That was just so wrong. I can see if there's legitimate concerns about the "Firm" as a place of business but never, ever private, family matters.
Old 03-16-2021, 06:23 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
It just doesn't do anybody any good to make private, family disputes public. That was just so wrong. I can see if there's legitimate concerns about the "Firm" as a place of business but never, ever private, family matters.
Perhaps now is the time to let the dust settle, especially after that "explosive" Oprah's interview. And yes, I know it's cliche, time is the greatest healer at this point.

Closed Thread