The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2021, 05:03 PM
Nobility

The very fact that Janina Gavankar announced one of the people reporting bullying has been fired for gross misconduct points at the gross imbalance in Meghan's favour.

So, employees are gagged with NDAs while HRH The Duchess of Sussex can badmouth them to every friend she feels like complaining to, who, in turn, feels free to announce it in the media?

I won't be surprised if Meghan's team *did* demand this information. She *is* this entitled.

Old 03-15-2021, 05:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
The people who reported being bullied deserve their stories being treated with respect. If their experiences are handed over to a third party they didn't intend to report it to, this will be violating their trust.

That's why it's a good thing this is being looked into by an independent party, to work out what happened and if and/or what measures need to be taken in the royal household to make it a safe place to work for everybody.

I hope that the 'demand' for this information to handed to Meghan's team is just an exaggaration by the media, and not stated as such by her team, because in actual fact *this* is exactly why people would hesitate to report their experiences..
This. In fact, I just logged in here again as the same thought popped through my mind.

In order to really get to the core of the issues, people that were involved deserve complete assurance that whatever they relate to the independent investigators remain confidential. It's a security blanket that protects them knowing that what they relate will not be revealed other than a conclusion drawn up at the end of the investigation to what they found and suggestions on how to handle things going forward.

I do really hope we never hear one story that someone had related about their experiences during this investigation. I know I wouldn't be overly eager to relate my story if I had a glimmer of a thought it'd be front page in the tabloids the next day.

Old 03-15-2021, 05:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moran View Post
The very fact that Janina Gavankar announced one of the people reporting bullying has been fired for gross misconduct points at the gross imbalance in Meghan's favour.

So, employees are gagged with NDAs while HRH The Duchess of Sussex can badmouth them to every friend she feels like complaining to, who, in turn, feels free to announce it in the media?

I won't be surprised if Meghan's team *did* demand this information. She *is* this entitled.
I don't see any grounds where Meghan's legal team has the right to demand the information. If it was a lawsuit where Meghan was named as the defendent, yes, because she would have the right to tell her side of the story. For a independent investigation into the internal workings of a corporation/"Firm" that Meghan is no longer part of, Meghan may have been a *cause* of an incident but no one is looking to prosecute Meghan for any wrongdoings, personally, at this time.
Old 03-15-2021, 05:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighGoalHighDreams View Post

I will say that it must be incredibly difficult to maintain any semblance of a relationship with a family member with whom I cannot imagine any member of this family would communicate in written form. Posts here indicate I was not alone in thinking that her reference to the many letters she wrote to members of the family were a veiled threat coming from someone about whom it is known that she keeps meticulous, handwritten copies of her personal correspondence. Within 48 hours that was all but confirmed by her seemingly releasing an email to a journalist and then authorizing a friend to say in an interview that she has kept correspondence to back up her version of events.

But what did that email prove anyway?
It's still "Meghan's truth."

Perhaps all the correspondence is the same.
Old 03-15-2021, 05:32 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
But what did that email prove anyway?
It's still "Meghan's truth."

Perhaps all the correspondence is the same.
I saw a headline "Leaked email confirms Meghan's claims" - and no, it didn't. But in the court of public opinion, especially in US where Harry and Meghan aim to spread their branch, it's going to be seen more favourably and the veracity of it less questioned.
Old 03-15-2021, 05:54 PM
Heir Apparent

It would be interesting to see how, if at all, any communication from Meghan changed over time once it became clear H&M were going to leave the RF behind.
Old 03-15-2021, 06:06 PM
Majesty

Quote:

I remember it being reported in the Press shortly after Archie’s birth that a temporary nanny had been fired at Frogmore Cottage and that this firing had occurred in the middle of the night due to ‘gross misconduct’. Can anybody else remember that report? I believe that nanny had been hired from a well respected nursing agency. This may be it. I’ll try and find a report from that time.
Old 03-15-2021, 06:10 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
I remember it being reported in the Press shortly after Archie’s birth that a temporary nanny had been fired at Frogmore Cottage and that this firing had occurred in the middle of the night due to ‘gross misconduct’. Can anybody else remember that report? I believe that nanny had been hired from a well respected nursing agency. This may be it. I’ll try and find a report from that time.
That would be this story, which was apparently reported in 'Finding Freedom':

https://www.marieclaire.com/celebrit...archies-nanny/
Old 03-15-2021, 06:14 PM
Serene Highness

Michelle Obama did an interview (or chat) with Access Hollywood's Mario Lopez and was asked about Harry & Meghan, particularly on the aftermath of the Oprah's interview. In her response, she pray there is forgiveness and resolution within the family relationship and mentioned on the importance of family

Quote:
Mario noted Michelle’s connection to Meghan Markle and asked her thoughts on the fallout of Meghan and Prince Harry’s bombshell interview with Oprah Winfrey, in which the couple made troubling claims about their time as senior royals. Michelle, who Meghan interviewed for British Vogue in 2019, sent well wishes for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex to find closure that works best for them and their future as they continue navigating their rift with the monarchy.

“My hope is that, when I think about what they’re going through, I think about the importance of family and I just pray that there is forgiveness and there is clarity and love and resolve at some point in time,” Michelle said of Meghan and Harry. “Because there’s nothing more important than family.”
Michelle Obama Reacts To Meghan Markle & Prince Harry’s Oprah Interview: ‘I Just Pray That There Is Forgiveness’
https://www.accessonline.com/article...is-forgiveness
Old 03-15-2021, 06:18 PM
Majesty

No, I read of it before that. This is the earliest reference I could find now, independent of the FF book. It’s from Sept 2019 and full of sarky comments but refers to the first nurse being sacked for being ‘unprofessional’, so that would have been several months before September 2019. I also remember discussing rumours about the supposed incident on several forums long before the book came out, when Archie was a tiny baby.

https://www.thesun.ie/fabulous/45220...ntator-claims/
Old 03-15-2021, 06:21 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC21091968 View Post

Michelle Obama Reacts To Meghan Markle & Prince Harry’s Oprah Interview: ‘I Just Pray That There Is Forgiveness’
Forgiveness for what or who though?
Old 03-15-2021, 06:22 PM
Nobility

I was left with the impression that Janina was talking of a different employee. A nanny isn't exactly a palace staff member. The people who made the complaints in Knauf's alleged leaked email did so well before Archie was born. Meghan was still in the early stage of her pregnancy.
Old 03-15-2021, 06:23 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I saw a headline "Leaked email confirms Meghan's claims" - and no, it didn't. But in the court of public opinion, especially in US where Harry and Meghan aim to spread their branch, it's going to be seen more favourably and the veracity of it less questioned.
US public opinion is what it is I guess. It will either swing back or it won't. Doesn't matter to the monarchy either way really.
Old 03-15-2021, 06:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher View Post
I think the Queen, Charles, and William are truly interested in mending the rift because they love Harry, Archie and Meghan. Family is family. Harry and Meghan haven't killed anyone and according to the yougov poll, the family's popularity as a whole is strong. Regardless, it will be hard for anyone in the family to truly trust Harry and Meghan.
I think they love Harry. They tolerate Meghan, They don't know Archie nor will they know his little sister. As for mending anything? I doubt it.
Old 03-15-2021, 06:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durham View Post
US public opinion is what it is I guess. It will either swing back or it won't. Doesn't matter to the monarchy either way really.
US public opinion is almost com.... OOOH! Look! Something new and shiny!
Old 03-15-2021, 07:28 PM
Heir Apparent

US opinion does matter but the opinion of the countries in the Commonwealth very much do...
Old 03-15-2021, 08:10 PM
Aristocracy

I don't know if this has been discussed before, but apparently Finding Freedom says that no one cried during the infamous flower girl dress incident.

https://www.the-sun.com/lifestyle/25...w-omid-scobie/

Many on here always suspected Meghan of ghostwriting that book, and she confirmed in court filings that she'd directed her friends to pass information to the author. Just from how the scene is described, I don't see who else his source could possibly have been. So why the inconsistency?
Old 03-15-2021, 08:17 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
US public opinion is almost com.... OOOH! Look! Something new and shiny!

I'd agree with that. A Kardashian can easily shove them off the front page especially with the younger crowd.
Old 03-15-2021, 08:31 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC21091968 View Post
Michelle Obama did an interview (or chat) with Access Hollywood's Mario Lopez and was asked about Harry & Meghan, particularly on the aftermath of the Oprah's interview. In her response, she pray there is forgiveness and resolution within the family relationship and mentioned on the importance of family

Cleverly worded it could fit either side.
Old 03-15-2021, 08:35 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallo girl View Post
Cleverly worded it could fit either side.
That's what I thought. Michelle is thought to have got on really well with the Queen isn't she? As well as being friendly with Harry and Meghan. So being diplomatic makes sense on all levels both personal and public.

Closed Thread