The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #661  
Old 03-15-2021, 12:28 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 7,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison H View Post

There's been a great deal of talk in the last year, as a result of the Black Lives Matter protests, about racial inequality in various areas of society, and many genuine concerns have been raised. But no-one ever suggested that there was any connection between racism and Archie's style and title. That's because there isn't. And, in claiming that there is, Meghan does nothing to help people who have been the victims of genuine racism.


Until Meghan made that claim, had it ever occurred to anyone here that Archie wasn't a prince or HRH because of his ethnicity? Or had anyone ever heard anyone else make that suggestion?

The rules on the use of royal titles and styles in the UK, despite discriminating on the basis of gender, never discriminated on the basis of race. Even if the rules were changed in the next reign to restrict the HRH to children of the heir, I doubt anyone would have associated that to race or a casuistic move to target Meghan's children specifically.
__________________

  #662  
Old 03-15-2021, 12:32 PM
MissByrd's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Ashburn, United States
Posts: 238
Have never watched oprah

Quote:
Originally Posted by leene View Post
I just wonder what the Americans think of Oprah Winfrey. I don't know her to be honest, i heard from her but never saw her on television. Why did Harry and Meghan choose her, Because she is a friend? or the most famous one of all?
I found this a very bad interview ( from Oprah perspective) Not one critical question..not one.
On the long run this can not be good for Harry and Meghan. Is she perceived as a good interviewer or is she more of a showmaster who gave Harry and Meghan the chance to say whatever they wanted?
What does this do to her reputation or is she so big that she is above "the law"
This is bad journalism or am I wrong??
Dear Leene: Iíve never seen the Oprah show and I donít know anyone who watches her. Her show was on in the daytime and most people are at work and/or too busy for daytime TV. I only knew about this interview because of The Royal Forums.
I canít speak to her abilities. But, in this interview, she doesnít seem to be that strong of an interviewer.
__________________

__________________
"...and we can most truly say that they all lived happily ever after. But for them it was only the beginning of the real story." C.S. Lewis (The Chronicles of Narnia)
  #663  
Old 03-15-2021, 12:39 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
The rules on the use of royal titles and styles in the UK, despite discriminating on the basis of gender, never discriminated on the basis of race. Even if the rules were changed in the next reign to restrict the HRH to children of the heir, I doubt anyone would have associated that to race or a casuistic move to target Meghan's children specifically.
Itís interesting that Meghan and Harry are so very offended by the imagined racism of the BRF, but have never mentioned the factual, institutionalized gender discrimination baked into the DNA of royal titles and the British peerage, and indeed seem quite happy to be beneficiaries of it.
  #664  
Old 03-15-2021, 12:44 PM
Excalibur's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Jacksonville, Florida, United States
Posts: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinsara View Post
Right, they haven't killed anyone but they've damaged trust (and on a global level), which is about the next worst thing you can do. "Love you but don't/can't trust you" is very hard.
A good friend once said to me, when speaking about a mutual acquaintance, "I only tell her what I want the world to know." If/when a reconciliation takes place between H&M and the rest of the BRF, I imagine this will be the approach. Sad, but necessary IMO.
  #665  
Old 03-15-2021, 01:07 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 9,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by camelot23ca View Post
Itís interesting that Meghan and Harry are so very offended by the imagined racism of the BRF, but have never mentioned the factual, institutionalized gender discrimination baked into the DNA of royal titles and the British peerage, and indeed seem quite happy to be beneficiaries of it.
What I find odd is their apparent horror at teh racism that they say they found in the RF - and yet they moved back to the US where only a short time after they arrived there, a man was killed by a police officer....
  #666  
Old 03-15-2021, 01:39 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: N/A, Bulgaria
Posts: 369
I wouldn't be surprised if right now, repairing the relationship with Harry isn't the RF deepest desire, no matter what journalists see. He might not be blackballed forever but he put forth a good effort into bringing them down and condescending on them from his self-made throne of Holy Conversion.



It might be - just might be - that with Prince Philip still in hospital, the pandemic far from dealt with and so on, soothing Harry's feelings isn't their first priority. They might actually not be eager to give him more ammunition to use against them the moment he stopped his last mud-flinging.



Imagine this.
  #667  
Old 03-15-2021, 01:44 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Thanks, I'm watching it.

I was going through the comments and came across one that says the Queen Mother left Harry $10 million, is this true?
"But according to a Forbes report published in February this year, Harry didn't get any inheritance from his great-grandmother."
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/new...harry-19979853
  #668  
Old 03-15-2021, 01:46 PM
Excalibur's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Jacksonville, Florida, United States
Posts: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fijiro View Post
But according to a Forbes report published in February this year, Harry didn't get any inheritance from his great-grandmother.
The QM set up trust funds for each of her great-grandchildren, with the possible exception of William, before she died. The only ones who wouldn't have been included would have been those not yet born, Louise and James.
  #669  
Old 03-15-2021, 01:47 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher View Post
I think the Queen, Charles, and William are truly interested in mending the rift because they love Harry, Archie and Meghan. Family is family. Harry and Meghan haven't killed anyone and according to the yougov poll, the family's popularity as a whole is strong. Regardless, it will be hard for anyone in the family to truly trust Harry and Meghan.
I think the history might repeat itself when the Duke of Windsor was invited to attend HM wedding without Wallis and he refused. The same might happen here, Harry might be welcomed with Archie, but not Meghan, then Harry will have to choose, and he will choose Meghan.
  #670  
Old 03-15-2021, 02:40 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 16,556
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moran View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if right now, repairing the relationship with Harry isn't the RF deepest desire, no matter what journalists see. He might not be blackballed forever but he put forth a good effort into bringing them down and condescending on them from his self-made throne of Holy Conversion.



It might be - just might be - that with Prince Philip still in hospital, the pandemic far from dealt with and so on, soothing Harry's feelings isn't their first priority. They might actually not be eager to give him more ammunition to use against them the moment he stopped his last mud-flinging.



Imagine this.
I really don't think we can come to close to knowing what is actually going on in the family behind the scenes these days. The official statement pointed to that they're going to handle it privately which told the world, "None of your business here. It's family". That effectively stopped back and forth silly reindeer games in the court of public opinion.

Family is always and forever family but there are times when its OK to actually have the attitude that "We love you very, very much but we really don't like you much right now at all and space is a good idea". In other words they may love Harry, Meghan and Archie dearly but totally condemn their words and actions they've presented.
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
  #671  
Old 03-15-2021, 03:09 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 9,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I really don't think we can come to close to knowing what is actually going on in the family behind the scenes these days. The official statement pointed to that they're going to handle it privately which told the world, "None of your business here. It's family". That effectively stopped back and forth silly reindeer games in the court of public opinion.

Family is always and forever family but there are times when its OK to actually have the attitude that "We love you very, very much but we really don't like you much right now at all and space is a good idea". In other words they may love Harry, Meghan and Archie dearly but totally condemn their words and actions they've presented.
Tehy may love Harry but I doubt if Meghan is loved by the RF now. She'll be tolerated for his sake and even with him, I think they are definitely pretty fed up with him... and its not likely that he'll be treated as best friend for some time.
  #672  
Old 03-15-2021, 03:45 PM
tihkon2's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Stafford, United States
Posts: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher View Post
I think the Queen, Charles, and William are truly interested in mending the rift because they love Harry, Archie and Meghan. Family is family..
I have no doubt they love Harry and Archie.

I find it completely unlikely that any of the family "love" Meghan. They never had enough time to really get to know her. And what they've known of her the past 2 years probably hasn't inspired any feelings of love. I would guess they might have liked her at some point, but not so much now I'd imagine.

This is what I think, not necessarily fact.
  #673  
Old 03-15-2021, 04:13 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: bedford, United States
Posts: 1,658
I think they love Harry as Son, brother, grandson ETC but don’t like him as a person and are disappointed in how he turned out. What could they have done better? Did we indulge him too much? And so on must be going through their minds.
  #674  
Old 03-15-2021, 04:14 PM
HighGoalHighDreams's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Unspecified, United States
Posts: 494
I won't wade into speculation on who feels what affections for Meghan.

I will say that it must be incredibly difficult to maintain any semblance of a relationship with a family member with whom I cannot imagine any member of this family would communicate in written form. Posts here indicate I was not alone in thinking that her reference to the many letters she wrote to members of the family were a veiled threat coming from someone about whom it is known that she keeps meticulous, handwritten copies of her personal correspondence. Within 48 hours that was all but confirmed by her seemingly releasing an email to a journalist and then authorizing a friend to say in an interview that she has kept correspondence to back up her version of events.
  #675  
Old 03-15-2021, 04:23 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: N/A, Bulgaria
Posts: 369
By reading their statement, re: bullying allegations, I was left with the impression that the BP is having them investigated for the sake of learning if there has been a climate of bullying and what enabled it, not to "punish" Meghan. She isn't going to be sued or something if the allegations are found true. It's abput figuring out a mechanism to protect people from a RF member gone rogue in the future.



So, does anyone know if it enables Meghan to demand access to the evidence? This isn't a case against her, a litigation or something.
  #676  
Old 03-15-2021, 04:32 PM
kathia_sophia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South, Portugal
Posts: 2,960
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
I think they love Harry as Son, brother, grandson ETC but donít like him as a person and are disappointed in how he turned out. What could they have done better? Did we indulge him too much? And so on must be going through their minds.
I agree with you. Of course they love him as a family member, but they are most probably disappointed by his actions. We all have that family member that gives trouble from time to time (not sure about all families in the world of course, but there's no perfect family).
__________________
♫A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.♥
  #677  
Old 03-15-2021, 04:35 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 16,556
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moran View Post
By reading their statement, re: bullying allegations, I was left with the impression that the BP is having them investigated for the sake of learning if there has been a climate of bullying and what enabled it, not to "punish" Meghan. She isn't going to be sued or something if the allegations are found true. It's abput figuring out a mechanism to protect people from a RF member gone rogue in the future.



So, does anyone know if it enables Meghan to demand access to the evidence? This isn't a case against her, a litigation or something.
I believe Meghan's tenure as a working member of the "Firm" ended on March 31, 2020. It would be the date that for most people leaving an employment would have had gathered up their things and escorted by security out the front door. All rights a privileges that she may have had as a member of the Firm came to an end. She is someone that was once a member of the "Firm" with a high profile and rank.

I don't believe the investigation will be centered on Meghan, personally, but rather on incidents and events that did happen and how they were handled and what to do about those kind of situations should they ever occur again. I don't believe Meghan actually has any right to know anything about the investigation at all. She may think she does though as her actions with what she's said about emails and having a friend make comments tells me that she does perceive all this as a personal slight or threat.
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
  #678  
Old 03-15-2021, 04:52 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: N/A, Bulgaria
Posts: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I believe Meghan's tenure as a working member of the "Firm" ended on March 31, 2020. It would be the date that for most people leaving an employment would have had gathered up their things and escorted by security out the front door. All rights a privileges that she may have had as a member of the Firm came to an end. She is someone that was once a member of the "Firm" with a high profile and rank.

I don't believe the investigation will be centered on Meghan, personally, but rather on incidents and events that did happen and how they were handled and what to do about those kind of situations should they ever occur again. I don't believe Meghan actually has any right to know anything about the investigation at all. She may think she does though as her actions with what she's said about emails and having a friend make comments tells me that she does perceive all this as a personal slight or threat.
I suppose it's hard to discern the "centered on Meghan" from the "incidents and events related to Meghan" parts. In this respect, I can see why she would perceive it as a personal slight, even without her having made everything into a personal slight or threat against her and doing her best to document it, even leaving a paper trail from January 2020 to "prove" an event from 2018. I think it's logical that she has no right to know anything about the investigation but is it how she's going to play it? I don't think so. It's going to be a loss of face for her, as well as the BP, if the allegations are proven true. Indeed, it won't be as devastating as the Waringo report, not least of all because Meghan is no longer a working royal, but it can deal a serious blow on her "be kind" brand. They can't afford to lose the public opinion on this.


I think we're in for a long battle of words and interviews... even if only one-sided. And I'd like to say once again that while I struggle to figure out what the BP could have done if the allegations are true, it doesn't mean that something shouldn't have been done to protect the employees. The BP won't come out of this with a stellar look, that's for sure. But I think Harry and Meghan have more to lose and this will be reflected in their actions.


I hope she doesn't get handed the emails because people who didn't marry in the RF might do worse with public bashing than a woman left with just a couple of ten millions to fare. These are people who actually have to work and a character assassination might be a major obstacle in their lives.
  #679  
Old 03-15-2021, 04:54 PM
Lee-Z's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Heerlen, Netherlands
Posts: 3,202
The people who reported being bullied deserve their stories being treated with respect. If their experiences are handed over to a third party they didn't intend to report it to, this will be violating their trust.

That's why it's a good thing this is being looked into by an independent party, to work out what happened and if and/or what measures need to be taken in the royal household to make it a safe place to work for everybody.

I hope that the 'demand' for this information to handed to Meghan's team is just an exaggaration by the media, and not stated as such by her team, because in actual fact *this* is exactly why people would hesitate to report their experiences..
__________________
Wisdom begins in wonder - Socrates
  #680  
Old 03-15-2021, 05:00 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
The people who reported being bullied deserve their stories being treated with respect. If their experiences are handed over to a third party they didn't intend to report it to, this will be violating their trust.

That's why it's a good thing this is being looked into by an independent party, to work out what happened and if and/or what measures need to be taken in the royal household to make it a safe place to work for everybody.

I hope that the 'demand' for this information to handed to Meghan's team is just an exaggaration by the media, and not stated as such by her team, because in actual fact *this* is exactly why people would hesitate to report their experiences..
I agree. I can't see how Meghan being handed the emails or testimony so she can go on Oprah again or have Janina back on GMB and claim they're all made up lies and "prove" it using other emails or stories about the staff is actually going to sort out the problem the enquiry is about, which is how to protect staff from a bulling member of the BRF. That's kind of abusing her power right there.

To me not letting the enquiry go on without trying to disrupt it would make it much more likely (to me) that she is capable of the behaviour of which has been described.

And another way of showing that they have "their truth" but don't think anyone else is entitled to their own either.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Duke & Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 2: December 2020-March 2021 JessRulz Current Events Archive 874 03-07-2021 08:05 PM




Popular Tags
america american archie mountbatten-windsor background story baptism birth britain britannia british royal family british royals brownbitcoinqueen camilla camilla parker-bowles camilla parker bowles carolin china chinese ming dynasty asia asian emperor royalty qing commonwealth countries countess of snowdon customs daisy doge of venice doll dresses dubai duchess of sussex duke of sussex edward vii family tree general news thread george vi gradenigo gustaf vi adolf highgrove history hochberg house of windsor jack brooksbank jewellery książ castle line of succession list of rulers luxembourg meghan markle monarchy nepal nepalese royal jewels prince constantijn prince harry princess alexia (2005 -) princess catharina-amalia princess chulabhorn walailak princess of orange princess ribha queen consort queen elizabeth ii queen maxima queen victoria royal ancestry solomon j solomon spain speech sussex suthida swedish queen taiwan tradition uae customs unfinished portrait united states of america wales


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:25 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×