The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2021, 12:25 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post
I see. This all is very confusing, because when Archie was born they clearly said that they wanted their son to be a private citizen. They are contradicting themselves. So it seems Meghan wanted Archie to be HRH Prince but it was not possible, then why didn't they let their son be titled son of a Duke? Is it really if "I don't have the cake but only a slice, then I don't want anything at all?".
The Duke of Sussex title is hereditary and therefore Archie will inherent that title when Harry passes. In the meantime, he is entitled to use the secondary title of Earl of Dumbarton, therefore, he isn’t being cheated of a title or being discriminated against due to his ethnicity.

What I find so infuriating and sad is Meghan and Harry are using their son in their war against the BRF. This little boy will grow up believing he was cheated out of his Royal heritage, title and security due to his ethnic DNA just so his parents can get their way. That is inexcusable,

The more you see what the long term affects of what Meghan and Harry have started, the more disturbing it is.

Old 03-15-2021, 02:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin9 View Post
Why We Care About the Royal Family Feud
The British monarchy has endured for more than a millennium, and the queen is a symbol of stability.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj...ud-11615507719

I though this opinion column in the Wall Street Journal by Peggy Noonan was quite interesting.

IMO- she nailed how Meghan sees herself: as a moral instructor and ethical leader.

This was an interesting point about the damage done when he painted the family as frightened:

“Harry and Meghan famously leveled two big charges, that the House of Windsor is racist and that it is weak. Previous incarnations of criticism painted it as invincible—the sharp-elbowed courtiers, the coldhearted family, they can crush you like a bug. No, Harry said, they are the bugs, trapped in fear of the tabloids that control whether they’ll keep the throne. “There is a level of control by fear that has existed for generations. I mean generations,” he said. “My father and my brother”—Prince Charles and Prince William —“they are trapped. They don’t get to leave. And I have huge compassion for that.” That must be a comfort to them.

No immediate-family heir to the British throne has ever talked like this. You are made quite vulnerable when people suddenly see you as weak. What remains of your mystique is lessened when you’re seen as just another group of frightened persons.”
The bolded part imo is spot on, and can actually be found on the Archewell website
https://archewell.com/about

"At Archewell, we unleash the power of compassion to drive systemic cultural change."

My feeling is that the intention with the Oprah interview was that M&H were going for systemic cultural change, starting with the BRF and how they were obstructed doing it
(if i'm cynical i might say, that i felt more of the 'unleashing' in the interview than the 'compassion' but that's just imo)

I just wish there was more news about them moving on, and actually showing the 'compassion thing' (my words) in practice.
Even our discussion here would probably have died down by now (or at least gotten less) if there had been one or two new Archewell activities in the last week..

Old 03-15-2021, 02:55 AM
Aristocracy

A friend sent me this.
It's DM, but it's quite a good read.

The parallels are striking - a stunning Californian who fell for an aristocrat. Here, she says: I'm an African American who married into the British upper-class and made it work. It's sad Meghan couldn't, too

Quote:
(...)

Like Meghan, Rose was also an independent, dynamic, successful and beautiful African-American thirtysomething woman who fell for a thoroughly blue-blooded Brit.

The year before the Royal Wedding, Rose — CEO and founder of ScreenHits TV — had married into the British aristocracy; and the wedding was an elegantly grand affair which featured in the pages of society bible Tatler magazine.

(...)

A former figure-skater, accomplished youth classical musician and studio executive, she credits her parents for her strong ‘self-worth’ and refusal to live ‘in the shadows of victimhood’.

‘At home, they closed out the noise of negativity from the world. We were made to feel as though we could do anything,’ says Rose, whose parents have been married for more than 50 years.

‘That gave me the backbone to let certain comments not affect me. I remember someone once called me a very derogatory word in front of a friend. I was so embarrassed and ashamed, but when I told my mother and father, they said: “Don’t pay any mind to meaningless words from meaningless people. Surround yourself with those who will support and love you and you will amount to great things.”’

(...)

‘There was the odd remark or snobbery shown towards me, but I chose to take the higher ground and give these people an opportunity to truly get to know me so they could shape their opinions on fact, versus preconceived notions.

‘Racism is a global problem: there is no escaping the reality of it. I’ve had a few shocking experiences, but they do not reflect the majority of people I’ve met here. Sometimes it just comes down to someone not liking you for something that has nothing to do with your skin colour.’

(...)

While she understands the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s upset over questions that were raised about the colour of their unborn children’s skin, she says: ‘I think there’s a big difference between racism and ignorance. I also think there is a big difference between racism and “concerns”.

‘What I remember from my own experiences is a valid concern that people had regarding a future member of our family and how racism would affect them if the child came out more like me — which is a beautiful, deep-brown, cinnamon colour.

‘The questions asked were, “How will they be perceived? How will they be treated? What will people say? How will you protect them from this unfair world we live in?”

‘Now is that racist or is that someone who is concerned for the wellbeing of a future family member? For someone who has never experienced racism, they may have concerns on how this will affect the young child’s life, and what they could do to protect them.

‘I’d be more concerned if they didn’t ask these questions, because they would not be prepared for what to expect.’

Rose adds: ‘There’s no point not talking about the elephant in the room and hiding behind politically correct statements.

‘We all know that the world treats people differently based on their skin tones, and in the privacy of one’s home, people have the right to bring up their concerns for what to expect.

(...)
This lady surely has a good insight and wisdom.
Old 03-15-2021, 02:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Maybe some good would come of deflecting Meghan's attention from the HRH Prince issue and to the fact that as things stand Archie will one day be a peer and his status will then rise above that of mere commoner. In the meantime he is entitled to use his father's secondary title as a courtesy title. Without a peerage to inherit, he would forever remain a commoner even if he became HRH Prince Archie. An HRH Princess - such as Beatrice, Eugenie & Anne - is still a commoner and will always be a commoner, and so is a Prince without a peerage, such as Prince Michael of Kent. So Meghan and Harry ought to tread lightly and not upset any more applecarts, for Archie's sake. If Harry's peerage is removed, Archie won't have one to inherit.

I don't know what Meghan and Harry really want... and I'm not sure they do, either.
Old 03-15-2021, 03:41 AM
Majesty

News on Archewell links to UK charities.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal...ll-charity-evg
Old 03-15-2021, 05:09 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by texankitcat View Post
It’s difficult to make the argument that Harry is as ignorant as Meghan pretends to be since he was born into it and raised within its protocols, rules and history. There is just no way he doesn’t know how things work and there is no way she is truly ignorant since these rules either considering the special team that was put in place to educate her on all areas of being a Royal duchess.

her happy. Either way, Harry’s complicity in these deceptions is inexcusable.
I agree that he should NOT be ignorant.. but either he is, or he pretended to be. Like when he said that he "never thought that they'd cut off his secuirty". He MUST Have known that many of the working royals only get security when they are working.. so why would he think that he'd get it, when he had decided to give up working?
Honestly, watching part of the interview. I don't know which of the 3 of them was more fake sounding. Meghan sounded fake. Oprah sounded fake.. with her ""oh my God" face.. and Harry must have known perfectly well that Archie would not be a Prince and that security is not tied to have the rank of Prince... and that if he was a working prince he'd get security. if he wasnt.. then the taxpayer is not going to pay his security...
and clearly Charles felt that he should not be asked to pay either....
Old 03-15-2021, 05:13 AM
Aristocracy

I don't know If this has been linked already, but The Behavior Panel analyzed parts of the interview in the latest episode.

https://youtu.be/AYyEx20DiKU

I think they are overanalyzing occasionally, but they make some interesting points, like the one of shuffling all responsibility off everything on someone else (Meghan even on Harry, If not squarely, then backhandedly).
Old 03-15-2021, 05:38 AM
Serene Highness

Until Meghan claimed - entirely falsely - that Archie was not given the style of HRH and the title of prince because of his ethnicity, I had not heard even one person come anywhere close to suggesting that that was the case.

Some radical republican groups will level all sorts of false claims at the monarchy, and some people will claim that racism exists where it doesn't in order to try to discredit someone, or are so sensitive on matters of race that they will genuinely believe that something is intended in a racist way when it isn't, but I had never heard even one person suggest that, because it's just so far from the truth that no-one would think it.

There's been a great deal of talk in the last year, as a result of the Black Lives Matter protests, about racial inequality in various areas of society, and many genuine concerns have been raised. But no-one ever suggested that there was any connection between racism and Archie's style and title. That's because there isn't. And, in claiming that there is, Meghan does nothing to help people who have been the victims of genuine racism.

Until Meghan made that claim, had it ever occurred to anyone here that Archie wasn't a prince or HRH because of his ethnicity? Or had anyone ever heard anyone else make that suggestion?
Old 03-15-2021, 05:40 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minea View Post
I don't know If this has been linked already, but The Behavior Panel analyzed parts of the interview in the latest episode.

https://youtu.be/AYyEx20DiKU

I think they are overanalyzing occasionally, but they make some interesting points, like the one of shuffling all responsibility off everything on someone else (Meghan even on Harry, If not squarely, then backhandedly).
Thanks, I'm watching it.

I was going through the comments and came across one that says the Queen Mother left Harry $10 million, is this true?
Old 03-15-2021, 05:48 AM
Majesty

not sure how much the QM left him but she did leave him some money, probably a few million. He also had half of Diana's fortune.. so he should have enough to live in comfort...His father also gave him a Large amount to start up life abroad, but it seems that it is not enough for H and he wants Charles to sub him for the rest of his life. It seems according to him, that he ONLY did the Netflix deal to provide money when Charles cut off funds.. so what did he think he'd live on when he moved away? Was he not planning on doing anything to earn a living in the US?
Old 03-15-2021, 05:50 AM
Aristocracy

The family of the Army officer that was called a racial slur by Harry back in 2009 has spoken up defending the royals.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/143377...-after-p-word/

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...led-p-23719408
Old 03-15-2021, 05:51 AM
Serene Highness

While she understands the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s upset over questions that were raised about the colour of their unborn children’s skin, she says: ‘I think there’s a big difference between racism and ignorance. I also think there is a big difference between racism and “concerns”.

‘What I remember from my own experiences is a valid concern that people had regarding a future member of our family and how racism would affect them if the child came out more like me — which is a beautiful, deep-brown, cinnamon colour.

‘The questions asked were, “How will they be perceived? How will they be treated? What will people say? How will you protect them from this unfair world we live in?”

That's from the link Yukari posted to the Tatler article about Rose Hulse. I couldn't get the quote box to work, sorry. That's very similar to the remarks William made when asked how he would feel if one of his children were gay.

He said that he would be absolutely fine with that, but that he would have concerns about the prejudices that they might face in an unfair world. His remarks were widely welcomed by the LGBT community. No-one saw his comments about concerns as being negative in any way - they were acknowledging the issues that some people, very unfairly, have to live with, especially high profile people who get a lot of attention anyway.
Old 03-15-2021, 06:24 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison H View Post

That's from the link Yukari posted to the Tatler article about Rose Hulse. I couldn't get the quote box to work, sorry. That's very similar to the remarks William made when asked how he would feel if one of his children were gay.

He said that he would be absolutely fine with that, but that he would have concerns about the prejudices that they might face in an unfair world. His remarks were widely welcomed by the LGBT community. No-one saw his comments about concerns as being negative in any way - they were acknowledging the issues that some people, very unfairly, have to live with, especially high profile people who get a lot of attention anyway.
I think you raised some very good points on genuine concerns and racism. I found the interview with Rose Hulse very insightful by reading her perspective and experience in an aristocratic family.

Thank you yukari for sharing the article

Without going off topic, for the quote box, the starting prefix is quote in capital letters with square brackets on both ends (e.g. [QUOTE]). The ending is also quote in capital letters with square brackets on both ends, but a forward slash (/) is added between the open square bracket ([) and Q (of QUOTE). For your example, unfortunately, I cannot show you the input of the quote box

Quote:
‘I think there’s a big difference between racism and ignorance. I also think there is a big difference between racism and “concerns”.

Old 03-15-2021, 06:28 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by texankitcat View Post
The Duke of Sussex title is hereditary and therefore Archie will inherent that title when Harry passes. In the meantime, he is entitled to use the secondary title of Earl of Dumbarton, therefore, he isn’t being cheated of a title or being discriminated against due to his ethnicity.

What I find so infuriating and sad is Meghan and Harry are using their son in their war against the BRF. This little boy will grow up believing he was cheated out of his Royal heritage, title and security due to his ethnic DNA just so his parents can get their way. That is inexcusable,

The more you see what the long term affects of what Meghan and Harry have started, the more disturbing it is.
After a week of reflection on this interview, Meghan's treatment of Archie disturbs me the most as well. She claims that she could never hurt her child the way her father hurt her. And yet, she just told the entire world (on record forever) that her son was not loved fully by his father's family.

Children need to know that they are loved by all family no matter the circumstances (this is fundamental in divorces, adoptions, etc.). Even IF what she said was true and IF Archie ever needs to be told differently, it should be behind closed doors with the greatest of care and love.
Old 03-15-2021, 06:51 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
The bolded part imo is spot on, and can actually be found on the Archewell website
https://archewell.com/about

"At Archewell, we unleash the power of compassion to drive systemic cultural change."

My feeling is that the intention with the Oprah interview was that M&H were going for systemic cultural change, starting with the BRF and how they were obstructed doing it
(if i'm cynical i might say, that i felt more of the 'unleashing' in the interview than the 'compassion' but that's just imo)

I just wish there was more news about them moving on, and actually showing the 'compassion thing' (my words) in practice.
Even our discussion here would probably have died down by now (or at least gotten less) if there had been one or two new Archewell activities in the last week..

Peggy Noonan, President Reagan's former speechwriter, is giving Meghan and Harry too much credit. At -26 (or something like that) in favorability rating in the UK, I doubt many people in the UK take Meghan seriously or that she and Harry are able to effect any "systemic cultural change".

Besides, the interview is so full of inconsistencies and factual errors (e.g. the "wedding before the wedding", Archie's title and security) that it is now seen as questionable. Their indignation at being cut off when they were in Canada and having to pay for private security also comes across as a sense of entitlement, especially in view of the current hardship many people are suffering with the Covid pandemic.
Old 03-15-2021, 06:52 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison H View Post
Until Meghan claimed - entirely falsely - that Archie was not given the style of HRH and the title of prince because of his ethnicity, I had not heard even one person come anywhere close to suggesting that that was the case.

?
I dont think it was ever suggested by anyone. THEY said that they didn't want Archie to use any titles so it seemed reasonable to assume that they were fine with his not getting HRH til Charles was king, or perhaps never...and I dont think anhyone else thought of it as a "racial" issue.
Old 03-15-2021, 07:12 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
not sure how much the QM left him but she did leave him some money, probably a few million. He also had half of Diana's fortune.. so he should have enough to live in comfort...His father also gave him a Large amount to start up life abroad, but it seems that it is not enough for H and he wants Charles to sub him for the rest of his life. It seems according to him, that he ONLY did the Netflix deal to provide money when Charles cut off funds.. so what did he think he'd live on when he moved away? Was he not planning on doing anything to earn a living in the US?
I think Harry got 60% of Diana's money, with William getting the smaller amount because he will one day be King.
Old 03-15-2021, 07:13 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderick View Post
I think Harry got 60% of Diana's money, with William getting the smaller amount because he will one day be King.
No Diana's will divided her property equally between her 2 sons. They each got 50%
Old 03-15-2021, 07:13 AM
Serene Highness

I'm sure this has been raised before, but I found the Times article that mentions about the bullying allegation, how Meghan reportedly requested evidence from the Palace and an independent inquiry would be conducted. The article also mentioned how ITV was forced to edit parts of the Oprah's interview (more specifically on the headlines)

Quote:
The Duchess of Sussex has written to Buckingham Palace to request evidence in relation to bullying allegations against her.
The palace has instructed a law firm to handle the inquiry into the claims. The Times reported earlier this month that the duchess faced a bullying complaint from one of her closest advisers during her time at Kensington Palace.
There was the rumour that Meghan requested "documents, emails or text messages". The Palace reportedly said that the Palace will not be providing public commentary whilst the allegation are investigated. One royal source said that the worse incidences are yet to come.

Quote:
Yesterday The Mail on Sunday reported that Meghan had requested “documents, emails or text messages” relating to the case. A spokesman for the Sussexes declined to comment.

Buckingham Palace has decided the investigation will be handed to “independent” external investigators, instead of the in-house inquiry initially announced. A royal source told The Sunday Times that “the actual worst incidences haven’t come out”.

The palace declined to comment but a source said that it would “not be providing a public commentary” as the circumstances of the allegations are looked into.
There is also the editing of the newspaper headlines and how ITV is going to remove two of them.

Quote:
ITV was forced to edit part of the Oprah Winfrey interview after it included “misleading” headlines about racist media coverage.

A montage of reports was shown to illustrate allegations about the British press’s treatment of Meghan. The Mail on Sunday said that Associated Newspapers, its publisher, had complained to Viacom CBS, the broadcaster, and told ITV to remove headlines from its catch-up service. ITV said that it would remove two of them.

One example was a story quoting racist remarks made about Meghan, which did not make clear that The Mail on Sunday had described them as a “vile racist attack”.
Let’s see the evidence that I’m a bully, Meghan Markle challenges Buckingham Palace
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/b...yals-f2v5lj7wd

Archived link to the full article: https://archive.ph/9SrFN#selection-913.0-941.46

To give a context on how CBS allegedly edited the British newspaper/tabloid (not just the Daily Mail) headlines, here are some examples
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2021/03...5672936957.jpg
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2021/03...5672927826.jpg
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2021/03...5672987267.jpg
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2021/03...5672213024.jpg
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2021/03...5672217251.jpg
Old 03-15-2021, 07:44 AM
Serene Highness

BP/KP aren't actually technically alleging that Meghan is a bully to The Times. This is an enquiry into allegations that she bullied her staff members and that staff covered it up and how to deal with allegations against a member of the family in the future so it doesn't happen again. Nothing legal is going to happen to Meghan over it. Nor does it look good on The Institution that they don't have a policy of protecting employees from family members.

So it's not technically a case of anyone handing over documents to her (and the press) to "prove" that she's a bully in the court of public opinion.

It would be completely inappropriate to "hand over" anything to Meghan so that she or Janina Gavankar can go on TV and claim employee X is a liar and/or a stooge or couldn't handle Meghan being a powerful, independent woman trying to change things unlike Kate for example.

There's a difference between welcoming an enquiry that will exonerate you and trying to tear your ex employees apart on a global stage because a subsection of your fanbase will believe anything you say.

Closed Thread