The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #41  
Old 03-12-2021, 11:49 AM
Estel's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Somewhere, India
Posts: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
I agree to an extent that I would have asked alot more questions about her mental health- especially since she made a big deal about suicidal and not getting the help she needed at that time. I wanted to know how did she get help? Is she in therapy?..etc..etc.

I disagree about the spirit of Archewell being at odds with the couple's. I don't believe they're bad people with no good intentions and as such cannot have a philanthropic foundation.
I believe they felt terribly disappointed and hurt at the treatment they received being senior members of the royal family. They never threw anyone under the bus- they simply explained how they felt and their version of the events- their "truths".
They've thrown the entire family under the bus with the skin tone comment. Firstly, if they knew it would be very damaging, why bring it up at all? Now when they have neither given the context nor named anyone, the public would look at everyone with suspicion, except for Queen and Prince Philip. Harry said that he did not want anyone to suspect the Queen or Prince Philip, does that mean it's okay for them to suspect his father and brother even though they might not have been the ones who said it?

Even if I accept for a second that they didn't throw anyone under the bus with the skin tone comment, she DEFINITELY did throw Kate under the bus well knowing that she wouldn't respond. Is it really that important to her? It is SO petty. So kindergarten.
__________________

  #42  
Old 03-12-2021, 11:50 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 8,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I don't see that happening at all. If things did get really dire and everything falls apart for the Sussexes, I can see Charles stepping in but with very stringent conditions such as returning to the UK and living relatively like Andrew is at Frogmore Cottage. Stay out of sight and out of the public eye and I'll provide you with the necessities kind of thing. Anything related to the monarchy would be totally out for the couple.

Somehow though, I don't see Harry and Meghan meekly accepting those kind of terms at all. Harry may want to but I don't think Meghan would.

Let's just hope that this couple does go on to be self sustainable and make their own way in the world nicely and raise their family happily in California with no further mud slinging about the way things were. They've done enough in that vein.
but clearly Harry did think that Dad would keep on coughing up.. and it was only when he didn't that he, Harry, signed the netflix deal. so to me that doesn't seem to say that Harry is fully committed to the deal and eager to turn in ideas to make money from it and to go on with more deals in the same vein. I think that if things do go pear shaped Charles will offer help but in terms of yes something like coming back ot the UK and living quietly on an allowance...
__________________

  #43  
Old 03-12-2021, 12:02 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Somewhere, United States
Posts: 1,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallo girl View Post
There has been speculation for some time in various media forums / press with regards the relationship between the 2 couples.

It varies between, one lot was jealous of the others popularity or one lot was jealous of the others position in the family. Nobody really knew if there was any truth in any of it. Last year at the abbey was the first sign, but it is perfectly clear now that the two women did not get on for whatever reason.

Unfortunately Meghan appears to still hold negative thoughts about the situation and despite her promotion of kindness and compassion it does not stretch to the Cambridges.



Will this have an effect on their brand of kindness and compassion which she clearly fails to demonstrate herself. According to Meghan , Kate sent flowers and a note but she does not appear to want to accept this , it was mentioned in the interview and now the e mails. After 3 years I find this an unhealthy obsession.


When I read the email yesterday that the Sussexes wanted released....I wondered what the value add was supposed to be.

IA- it makes Meghan look obsessed on the subject. I mean- she’s emailing staff about an article from years ago? Move on. What an effective use of time. (While this doesn’t come across as bullying, it says something about what working for her must have been like. Not good IMO.)

She comes across as obsessive about her image. And IMO it really looks like she just wants to make Catherine look bad- despite Catherine’s- in Meghan’s own words- kind overtures.

I would agree, it certainly does further damage to the kindness and compassion brand. She isn’t showing it.
  #44  
Old 03-12-2021, 12:04 PM
Alisa's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: , United States
Posts: 2,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
They've thrown the entire family under the bus with the skin tone comment. Firstly, if they knew it would be very damaging, why bring it up at all? Now when they have neither given the context nor named anyone, the public would look at everyone with suspicion, except for Queen and Prince Philip. Harry said that he did not want anyone to suspect the Queen or Prince Philip, does that mean it's okay for them to suspect his father and brother even though they might not have been the ones who said it?

Even if I accept for a second that they didn't throw anyone under the bus with the skin tone comment, she DEFINITELY did throw Kate under the bus well knowing that she wouldn't respond. Is it really that important to her? It is SO petty. So kindergarten.
The skin tone comment was reportedly said by *one individual*. Only had that person been named could one make an argument that the particular individual was thrown under the bus- but no name was given. On the other hand, if such a racist comment with bad intentions that individual deserved to be thrown under the bus.

Kate was definitely not thrown under the bus. Really? Her name came up as an example of the powers that be failing to correct a story and perpetuating a story that made Meghan out to be villain. If anything Meghan showed how genuine, kind, and a what a real class act Kate is by mentioning how she apologized and sent her flowers after incident.
  #45  
Old 03-12-2021, 12:15 PM
Estel's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Somewhere, India
Posts: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
The skin tone comment was reportedly said by *one individual*. Only had that person been named could one make an argument that the particular individual was thrown under the bus- but no name was given. On the other hand, if such a racist comment with bad intentions that individual deserved to be thrown under the bus.

Kate was definitely not thrown under the bus. Really? Her name came up as an example of the powers that be failing to correct a story and perpetuating a story that made Meghan out to be villain. If anything Meghan showed how genuine, kind, and a what a real class act Kate is by mentioning how she apologized and sent her flowers after incident.
That one person could have been anyone apart from Queen and Prince Philip. So yes, by bringing it up and not naming them, the entire family has been thrown under the bus because of an individual's comment, racist or not.

Meghan didn't have to bring it up at all coz it was long forgotten. N Kate's name didn't come up as an example, it was well planned. Mails have been leaked regarding that, what's the obsession? N even now people swear by the fact that Kate was the one who cried because of Meghan's behaviour towards her staff, and I believe that. How do we know that there couldn't have been another incident where Kate did cry? So, she did throw Kate under the bus.
  #46  
Old 03-12-2021, 12:24 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Washington, United States
Posts: 1,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
The skin tone comment was reportedly said by *one individual*. Only had that person been named could one make an argument that the particular individual was thrown under the bus- but no name was given. On the other hand, if such a racist comment with bad intentions that individual deserved to be thrown under the bus.

Kate was definitely not thrown under the bus. Really? Her name came up as an example of the powers that be failing to correct a story and perpetuating a story that made Meghan out to be villain. If anything Meghan showed how genuine, kind, and a what a real class act Kate is by mentioning how she apologized and sent her flowers after incident.
With respect to the comments about the way a child would look, I think we only have to listen to the question to Prince William about whether the royal family is racist. This would be similar to a situation in which there is a public claim that someone in your family said something racist, but they wouldn't give a name. You, along with everyone else in your family, would be suspected. Moreover, you admit that it would make a difference if the comment was made with bad intentions, but we don't know whether it was because they refused to provide the context.

Regarding the Meghan made Kate cry story, Meghan could have just said it wasn't true but she insisted on trying to make Catherine look bad. Perhaps that is why the media office didn't want to respond. Actually, I really doubt Meghan's version of events. If Kate made her cry, why wasn't that revealed in Finding Freedom? Apparently, if Finding Freedom, they were more concerned about who leaked the story. Calling it a "leak" implies that the original story was accurate. If the story hadn't been true, why didn't Finding Freedom explain that they concerned about who was spreading false stories about Meghan.
  #47  
Old 03-12-2021, 12:27 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
They've thrown the entire family under the bus with the skin tone comment. Firstly, if they knew it would be very damaging, why bring it up at all? Now when they have neither given the context nor named anyone, the public would look at everyone with suspicion, except for Queen and Prince Philip. Harry said that he did not want anyone to suspect the Queen or Prince Philip, does that mean it's okay for them to suspect his father and brother even though they might not have been the ones who said it?

Even if I accept for a second that they didn't throw anyone under the bus with the skin tone comment, she DEFINITELY did throw Kate under the bus well knowing that she wouldn't respond. Is it really that important to her? It is SO petty. So kindergarten.

I think they threw everyone under the bus.
  #48  
Old 03-12-2021, 12:37 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Gulfport, United States
Posts: 5
The Queen has had it right for all these years: do whatever possible to keep up the mystery. Letting people see behind the royal curtain chips away at the fascination. It's never more true than today. It takes very little to undermine that mystique, with social media and round the clock blogging that dissects every move. H & M may remember this interview and their behavior afterwards as the moment that they became celebrities and not royalty. Which is fine, if that's what they want. I'm not sure they do.

If they want to make money, and lots of it, it's time to bring back the Tig and go full California. Use Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop as a model. Yes, Gwyneth gets roasted for it and the site has many ridiculous elements, but it's been an enormous success and continues to expand into new areas. Help the individual, not the world. That's going to pay for their house.
  #49  
Old 03-12-2021, 12:43 PM
Estel's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Somewhere, India
Posts: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by SadieKelly View Post
The Queen has had it right for all these years: do whatever possible to keep up the mystery. Letting people see behind the royal curtain chips away at the fascination. It's never more true than today. It takes very little to undermine that mystique, with social media and round the clock blogging that dissects every move. H & M may remember this interview and their behavior afterwards as the moment that they became celebrities and not royalty. Which is fine, if that's what they want. I'm not sure they do.
I agree. But on the other hand, if they talk anymore than this, nobody would give them the time of the day. They would eventually get bored, and ask them to give it up and move on already.
  #50  
Old 03-12-2021, 12:51 PM
Queen Ester's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 286
Quote:
The skin tone comment was reportedly said by *one individual*. Only had that person been named could one make an argument that the particular individual was thrown under the bus- but no name was given. On the other hand, if such a racist comment with bad intentions that individual deserved to be thrown under the bus.
We don't even know what was said, maybe it was something completely innocent, such as " do you think your child will look like you or Meghan", so until we have a direct quote from that conversation, it is impossible to judge, that' why I think Harry should own up and name the person and say exactly what was said and in what context, otherwise it's very unfair to the RF
  #51  
Old 03-12-2021, 01:19 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: alpine village, Germany
Posts: 2,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Now they have the contract with Netflix but there's no sign of anything being produced, and I wonder if he (OR maybe Meg too) has the least idea what they will need to do to fulfil the deal...
I dont know what the deal is, but I presume if they don't come up with successful ideas and put them out, Netflix will pull the deal or not renew it and they will look ridiculous. It looks right now as if they have taken an advance but so far have done nothing to earn it...

But we don't know what they are actually doing. They didn't talk about it and it's not usus to talk about projects before they are at a stage to be presented. netflix' managers are not known to buy the cat in the sack (as we say in Germany), even if the cat allegedly wears a little coronet. I can imagine that they have ideas and plans and are working on it now. We'll see.


What can be critizised is what they said in the interview and that is enough for me to think they are hypocrites when they talk about compassion and bash Harry's family so much. They might still have a talent for the production of TV documentaries and might be able to bring positive things in. But I hate what they have done while preaching compassion and forgiveness. That is something that has actually happened and the whole world could watch. OTOH what the media has done is awful as well and could have made them go away. Still, talking like that on the TV screen is spiteful and not compassionate!
  #52  
Old 03-12-2021, 01:29 PM
Alisa's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: , United States
Posts: 2,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
That one person could have been anyone apart from Queen and Prince Philip. So yes, by bringing it up and not naming them, the entire family has been thrown under the bus because of an individual's comment, racist or not.

Meghan didn't have to bring it up at all coz it was long forgotten. N Kate's name didn't come up as an example, it was well planned. Mails have been leaked regarding that, what's the obsession? N even now people swear by the fact that Kate was the one who cried because of Meghan's behaviour towards her staff, and I believe that. How do we know that there couldn't have been another incident where Kate did cry? So, she did throw Kate under the bus.
Had Meghan give multiple instances of various family members saying offensive and racists things then yes perhaps. However she gave just one incident of a one individual making such a statement. That is definitely not throwing the family under the bus.

Regarding the Kate incident it has been the one longstanding story that refuses to go away. People believe allegations about staff abuse because of that story. The reality is that Meghan portrayed Kate in a flattering way as someone who was kind and humble- someone who apogized when they were wrong and even gave Meghan flowers. Meghan said nothing bad about Kate.
The fact that you would believe Meghan made Kate cry despite the leaked emails that state otherwise and despite the fact that Meghan clarified that it was just the opposite just about says it all.
  #53  
Old 03-12-2021, 01:32 PM
Alisa's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: , United States
Posts: 2,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Ester View Post
We don't even know what was said, maybe it was something completely innocent, such as " do you think your child will look like you or Meghan", so until we have a direct quote from that conversation, it is impossible to judge, that' why I think Harry should own up and name the person and say exactly what was said and in what context, otherwise it's very unfair to the RF
It was quite clear from the interview that whoever said it- said it a malicious and racist way. Why else would Harry say that it would be "damaging " to explain more and reveal the person's name?
  #54  
Old 03-12-2021, 01:34 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Scotland, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,055
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
Had Meghan give multiple instances of various family members saying offensive and racists things then yes perhaps. However she gave just one incident of a one individual making such a statement. That is definitely not throwing the family under the bus.

Regarding the Kate incident it has been the one longstanding story that refuses to go away. People believe allegations about staff abuse because of that story. The reality is that Meghan portrayed Kate in a flattering way as someone who was kind and humble- someone who apogized when they were wrong and even gave Meghan flowers. Meghan said nothing bad about Kate.
The fact that you would believe Meghan made Kate cry despite the leaked emails that state otherwise and despite the fact that Meghan clarified that it was just the opposite just about says it all.
Why is Meghan keeping it going if Kate sent flowers and apologised, why is it not forgotten.
Why did They not raise the other stories they claimed were wrong , Tiara gate as an example.
  #55  
Old 03-12-2021, 01:43 PM
Alisa's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: , United States
Posts: 2,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher View Post
With respect to the comments about the way a child would look, I think we only have to listen to the question to Prince William about whether the royal family is racist. This would be similar to a situation in which there is a public claim that someone in your family said something racist, but they wouldn't give a name. You, along with everyone else in your family, would be suspected. Moreover, you admit that it would make a difference if the comment was made with bad intentions, but we don't know whether it was because they refused to provide the context.

Regarding the Meghan made Kate cry story, Meghan could have just said it wasn't true but she insisted on trying to make Catherine look bad. Perhaps that is why the media office didn't want to respond. Actually, I really doubt Meghan's version of events. If Kate made her cry, why wasn't that revealed in Finding Freedom? Apparently, if Finding Freedom, they were more concerned about who leaked the story. Calling it a "leak" implies that the original story was accurate. If the story hadn't been true, why didn't Finding Freedom explain that they concerned about who was spreading false stories about Meghan.
I disagree. The couple made it clear that only one individual made such comment- they never passed judgment on the whole family. Moreover, any honest fair person would admit that the actions of one individual doesn't speak for the actions of many.

Let me play devil's advocate- imagine if Meghan simply said "it wasn't true"- no one would believe. She gave more details and many on this forum don't believe her- how much more so if she was vague. I never read Finding Freedom so I cannot comment on it- I can only comment om what I have seen and heard come out of Meghan's mouth via the interview.
  #56  
Old 03-12-2021, 01:50 PM
Excalibur's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Jacksonville, Florida, United States
Posts: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
Had Meghan give multiple instances of various family members saying offensive and racists things then yes perhaps. However she gave just one incident of a one individual making such a statement. That is definitely not throwing the family under the bus.

Regarding the Kate incident it has been the one longstanding story that refuses to go away. People believe allegations about staff abuse because of that story. The reality is that Meghan portrayed Kate in a flattering way as someone who was kind and humble- someone who apogized when they were wrong and even gave Meghan flowers. Meghan said nothing bad about Kate.
The fact that you would believe Meghan made Kate cry despite the leaked emails that state otherwise and despite the fact that Meghan clarified that it was just the opposite just about says it all.
One vague reference to one comment casts a suspecting shadow over each member of the family: Was it him? Was it her? All would be suspected, none would be excluded. So yes, the whole family was thrown under the bus.

Had the Kate incident been truly settled, with Kate apologizing, etc., then the way to address Oprah's question about it would have been to say, "Kate and I worked all that out, we're good. Next question." Instead she felt compelled to point out that Kate was supposedly completely at fault. I believe the truth lies somewhere in the middle.
Then there was the mention of "Waity Katie" and the subtle dig at Kate's work experience prior to the wedding. Meghan had to make sure we knew that she had worked a job since she was 13 years old. Contrast that to the notion that many still have that Kate did not have a "proper job" before she married William.

Meghan took several opportunities to disparage Kate during the interview. If you didn't catch them, I would suggest you take off the blinders.
  #57  
Old 03-12-2021, 01:52 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 16,286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
Had Meghan give multiple instances of various family members saying offensive and racists things then yes perhaps. However she gave just one incident of a one individual making such a statement. That is definitely not throwing the family under the bus.
Alluding that the it could have been any one of the members of the family, outside of the Queen and Philip, most definitely is lining them all up with the wheels of that proverbial bus.

Just as if someone came out and said that "someone on The Royal Forums made this remark and its horrible", it would put each and every one of us under suspicion of having said it because we're all saying things on here. If it was something said three years ago, we'd be combing the archives to find out who the guilty party is.
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
  #58  
Old 03-12-2021, 01:53 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Somewhere, United States
Posts: 1,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallo girl View Post
Why is Meghan keeping it going if Kate sent flowers and apologised, why is it not forgotten.

Why did They not raise the other stories they claimed were wrong , Tiara gate as an example.


I’d forgotten that.....somehow. Lol That does lend credence IMO to the idea that Meghan wants to make look Catherine look bad- while still trying to make herself (Meghan) look good while doing so. So she folds in the apology and flowers and how all is forgiven...
  #59  
Old 03-12-2021, 01:56 PM
HighGoalHighDreams's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Unspecified, United States
Posts: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
I disagree. The couple made it clear that only one individual made such comment- they never passed judgment on the whole family. Moreover, any honest fair person would admit that the actions of one individual doesn't speak for the actions of many.

Let me play devil's advocate- imagine if Meghan simply said "it wasn't true"- no one would believe. She gave more details and many on this forum don't believe her- how much more so if she was vague. I never read Finding Freedom so I cannot comment on it- I can only comment om what I have seen and heard come out of Meghan's mouth via the interview.
This is not so.

"There [were] many opportunities for my family to show some public support.... Yet no one from my family ever said anything. That hurts."

People saying his decision not to name anyone throws the entire family under the bus are appreciating his comment and his decision in the larger context- including comments like the above- of the entire interview.
  #60  
Old 03-12-2021, 02:03 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 16,286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallo girl View Post
Why is Meghan keeping it going if Kate sent flowers and apologised, why is it not forgotten.
Why did They not raise the other stories they claimed were wrong , Tiara gate as an example.
My guess is that the the story about Kate along with the skin tone comment happened within the private lives of the royal family where there's an element of trust that exists that they can be themselves without fear of it being blared on the next day's red top. Tiara gate involved actual Buckingham Palace staff the could rebut and disprove the story more credibly than family members that Meghan *knew* wouldn't respond to the claims.
__________________

__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Duke & Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 2: December 2020-March 2021 JessRulz Current Events Archive 874 03-07-2021 08:05 PM




Popular Tags
abu dhabi america american history ancestry archie mountbatten-windsor background story baptism british british royal family british royals brownbitcoinqueen camilla carolin china chinese commonwealth countries countess of snowdon customs daisy doge of venice doll dresses dubai duke of sussex family tree general news thread george vi gustaf vi adolf hello! highgrove house of windsor imperial household italian royal family jack brooksbank jacobite japan jewellery king edward vii książ castle line of succession list of rulers luxembourg maxima meghan markle monarchy nepalese royal jewels prince constantijn prince dimitri princess alexia (2005 -) princess catharina-amalia princess chulabhorn walailak princess ribha queen consort queen elizabeth ii queen mathilde queen maxima queen victoria royal ancestry royal jewels serbian royal family speech sussex suthida swedish queen taiwan tradition uae customs united states of america welsh wittelsbach


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:21 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×