The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2021, 06:21 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallo girl View Post
I am just quoting what was said in the programme I stand corrected.
Yeah I saw it too it was a good programme. But no bit he did go over and have a chat with them which was nice.

William has never been overly involved with his Spencer relatives. Harry used to be out clubbing with Kitty.

Old 03-14-2021, 06:24 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy7 View Post
It isn't. It's a non issue to anyone but Meghan
Who is to say that it wouldn't have come up without her. I am certain it would have at some point. It's an opinion, it can't be right or wrong. Just like I can't say you are right or wrong.

Old 03-14-2021, 06:28 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrissyM View Post
Who is to say that it wouldn't have come up without her. I am certain it would have at some point. It's an opinion, it can't be right or wrong. Just like I can't say you are right or wrong.
Since it didn't come up at the time and he's now 2 years old, and has left the RF, I can't see why it would come up..Why would they want him to be HRH now that they are living in the US and have abandoned the UK
Old 03-14-2021, 06:29 PM
Gentry

I'm not trying to convince anyone I am right. I am just sharing my thoughts.
Old 03-14-2021, 06:30 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Its nonsense. If Meghan felt he was being deprived of a title becuase of his racail origins why did she and Harry deprive him of his courtesy title....
My theory is... There was a fit/temper tantrum sort of situation - "if he doesn't get an HRH he will not get anything!" from the Sussexes, to which the Palace officials said "sure, no problem" and that was it

Unfortunately they seem like the kind of people who wants to get whatever they want, whenever they want it, however they want it. Especially in light of recent informations from sources that before he "cut them off", Charles has given them a reasonable amount of money (in the hundreds thousands mark) to fund their living situation. Which, of course, would never pay for the $14 milion mansion in Hollywood, so they were furious.
Quote:
Because like it or not the BRF are an international brand with a high profile bi-racial American member! I don't care personally about the feelings. It's pragmatism.
While BRF is an international brand, their focus is mostly on UK/Commonwealth countries. I don't see how US history is important to them while giving the titles, though I do understand people in the US can have an America-centric point of view.

The whole title discussion is basically a non-issue in the UK and European countries with monarchies. The people there understand how it works, so they understand why that decision was made.

And I could argue that this is very much about the feelings - the Sussexes hurt feelings, to be exact. Without it there would be no fuss, no issue, nothing, nada. And pragmatism is having less people with HRHs in the BRF - especially after experiences with Beatrice and Eugenie (and Andrew, who for so long pushed his daughters into the spotlight, fought for their place as working royals, and so on).
Old 03-14-2021, 06:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
I'm not trying to convince anyone I am right. I am just sharing my thoughts.
And along with that, started a very intelligent discussion, IMO.
Old 03-14-2021, 06:32 PM
Gentry

The BRF care plenty about the international community when they lobby for rich donors for their charities. To think otherwise is naïve.
Old 03-14-2021, 06:33 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Nobody cared. Nobody really cares. That point has been a non issue in the UK. Feeling now is the less members to pay for the better.

I mean Meghan being appalled that she was asked if she wanted to keep working because theybdidnt have money for her was another one. I actually think that was incredibly modern of them. Why shouldn't a self made woman keep on working. All the men did. I actually think that was pretty progressive of them. Acting wasn't a political job that could have brought issues to the family.

Meghan may have been much much happier.
As with so many other things she said, this statement sounds like another made up story. The intent was always that Harry would be a full time working Royal as a Senior member which means his wife would as well. How would she be able to continue an acting career in the US as a Royal Duchess and a Senior working member of the Royal family? I don’t see how that would have been offered as an option for her. If it is an option now they have stepped away why isn’t she pursuing an acting career to support her family? She would certainly have Hollywood clamoring for an American Royal Duchess to star in a huge production. There are certain obligations that come with their title and HRH status, and I don’t think being a Hollywood actress is one of them.
Old 03-14-2021, 06:33 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
That isn't what I meant. I realize that controversy is eternal, but this one could be seen coming lightyears away. IMO it's just common sense to head off the ones you can.
Harry's known about this for years so unless he had objected, i don't know that the controversy was foreseeable. Most royals have not insisted on receiving an HRH. Based on the engagement interview and descriptions of Meghan, I wouldn't have thought it was a big deal for Meghan either.

The Queen would not have issued a new letter patent because it would have tied Charles's hands. If I am not mistaken, Archie and his sister will become HRHs as soon as Charles becomes king, it's not something that is bestowed on them. I doubt the plan was for Charles to take the HRH away, especially if Meghan and Harry objected, however Charles will probably ensure that they are the last children of a space to receive the HRH.

Personally, I think the whole confused discussion about Archie's status is tied to the plan that their children would never be working royals (which is why they wouldn't ever have security as adults).
Old 03-14-2021, 06:37 PM
Serene Highness

No fuss was made about the lack of title here, neither did I hear or read anybody suggesting it was because he was bi racial.
Sometimes people look for things that arent there and aren't happy until they find it.
Old 03-14-2021, 06:39 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by texankitcat View Post
As with so many other things she said, this statement sounds like another made up story. The intent was always that Harry would be a full time working Royal as a Senior member which means his wife would as well. How would she be able to continue an acting career in the US as a Royal Duchess and a Senior working member of the Royal family? I don’t see how that would have been offered as an option for her. If it is an option now they have stepped away why isn’t she pursuing an acting career to support her family? She would certainly have Hollywood clamoring for an American Royal Duchess to star in a huge production. There are certain obligations that come with their title and HRH status, and I don’t think being a Hollywood actress is one of them.
Tony Snowdon kept working. Mark Phillips. Lawrence. Why did Harry need a wife going with him on engagements? Why do the women have to give up everything.

And I am sure they would have helped her with stuff in the UK. And an arts or sports career ala Snowdon and Philip's would have been perfect. But who knows if it was true. I would like to think that when the time comes that Charlotte and Louis's future spouses will be allowed to continue with careers if they are compatible. George's obviously not. Marrying the heir is a career move in itself.

I dont see why Harry couldn't have kept up his engagements on his own.
Old 03-14-2021, 06:42 PM
Majesty

Quote:
The BRF care plenty about the international community when they lobby for rich donors for their charities. To think otherwise is naïve.
What is the "international community"?
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher View Post
The Queen would not have issued a new letter patent because it would have tied Charles's hands. If I am not mistaken, Archie and his sister will become HRHs as soon as Charles becomes king, it's not something that is bestowed on them. I doubt the plan was for Charles to take the HRH away, especially if Meghan and Harry objected, however Charles will probably ensure that they are the last children of a space to receive the HRH.

Personally, I think the whole confused discussion about Archie's status is tied to the plan that their children would never be working royals (which is why they wouldn't ever have security as adults).
May I ask where it's set in stone about the PoW "slimming" down the Monarchy, lopping off HRH's etc? I've only seen conjecture, and speculation not facts.
Imperial Majesty

These issues that seem to be a sticking point for Meghan about titles and security and whatever and alluding that it is because Archie is biracial tells me that she's never considered the fact that all this *still* would have happened exactly as it has happened if things were perhaps a wee bit different and it was William that fell in love with and married a biracial American divorcee and Harry married the "perfect on paper" English rose.
Old 03-14-2021, 06:44 PM
Gentry

Quote:
What is the "international community"?
The Prince's Trust alone has donors donating Millions just in the US alone.
Old 03-14-2021, 06:45 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Tony Snowdon kept working. Mark Phillips. Lawrence. Why did Harry need a wife going with him on engagements? Why do the women have to give up everything.

And I am sure they would have helped her with stuff in the UK. And an arts or sports career ala Snowdon and Philip's would have been perfect. But who knows if it was true. I would like to think that when the time comes that Charlotte and Louis's future spouses will be allowed to continue with careers if they are compatible. George's obviously not. Marrying the heir is a career move in itself.

I dont see why Harry couldn't have kept up his engagements on his own.
Same rreason Willam does not work alone. Charles was aiming for a small royal family, ie he himself, his wife, his 2 sons and their wives.. and IMO it was always expected that unless she completely refused to do it, Meg would work as a royal. SHe's not a brilliant actress, as far as one can see, and there would be controversy over what parts she got and why she got them. This is another of her odd statements IMO...
if they DID offer her a chance to go on acting, why didn't she take it? It woudl fit in better with her desire to be an independnent woman.
Old 03-14-2021, 06:48 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Same rreason Willam does not work alone. Charles was aiming for a small royal family, ie he himself, his wife, his 2 sons and their wives.. and IMO it was always expected that unless she completely refused to do it, Meg would work as a royal. SHe's not a brilliant actress, as far as one can see, and there would be controversy over what parts she got and why she got them. This is another of her odd statements IMO...
if they DID offer her a chance to go on acting, why didn't she take it? It woudl fit in better with her desire to be an independnent woman.
Because she didn't want to. She looked appalled saying it was even suggested.

William is different. I dont think any spouse except for the heirs should be required to work for the firm. And its only the women that are and it isn't right.
Old 03-14-2021, 06:49 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
These issues that seem to be a sticking point for Meghan about titles and security and whatever and alluding that it is because Archie is biracial tells me that she's never considered the fact that all this *still* would have happened exactly as it has happened if things were perhaps a wee bit different and it was William that fell in love with and married a biracial American divorcee and Harry married the "perfect on paper" English rose.
However, would the risks be equal. In my own one-light town people are willing to start trouble with interracial couples. (despicable but true) it only takes one crazy on the either side of the racial divide to do something awful. IMO security worries are very real worldwide.
Old 03-14-2021, 06:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
May I ask where it's set in stone about the PoW "slimming" down the Monarchy, lopping off HRH's etc? I've only seen conjecture, and speculation not facts.
Nothing about Charles' reign is set in stone as it's yet to be. He was asked once how he felt about waiting so very long for the "top job". Charles' response was something like "You do realize that in order to get the "top job", my mother will have died."

Years ago, there used to be such a beast called the "Way Ahead Group" which met, I believe, twice a year to sit down and analyze and plan how the "Firm" would move ahead going into the future. I would imagine Charles' "slimmed down monarchy" has been on the table there many, many times. The British Royal Family and its "Firm" do not wait for things to happen by chance. They plan out every possibility and explore what could happen and what they'd do if it did. Many of the royal family members have their funeral plans down pat and they've even been practiced. That's how they could put together the public funeral for Diana so quickly. They used the Queen Mum's "Operation Tay Bridge" plan and just altered it a bit to fit Diana, Princess of Wales.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal...or-castle-fire

Another thing I remember very clearly, when Philip retired from public duties, a lot of emphasis was put on "Team Windsor" going forward. The "Firm" is a team that works in service to the people. They don't go out and schmooze big deep pockets for donations but rather work to bring attention to causes and organizations and issues that need to be known to the people. They do have rich donors from all over the world but they also too draw in people that not only need the services that the royal family highlight but also join in to support those causes in a lot of ways.
Old 03-14-2021, 06:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

IMO- it’s one of those things that they’re not outright saying, but you can see coming anyway based on what is and is not happening.

Louise and James do not use the HRH style that they’re entitled to, unlike Beatrice and Eugenie. A decade made a difference in expectations.

Beatrice and Eugenie, despite the HRH, are not working royals. Unlike male line grandchildren of the monarch in other generations, such as the Queen’s cousins.

Things have clearly changed. They’re saying it without saying it IMO.

Closed Thread