The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2021, 08:40 AM
Royal Highness

Yep - there are many people argument that someone should pick up the blame regardless of who said it - or if someone even said it the way it was claimed to be said. Appease the woke culture.

Blame Philip he is old, Andrew his a pedo and no one will care, blame Anne she is probably a racist, blame Edward and Sophie no one will care. I have seen the argument about are the Kents, Gloucester's, ect part of Harry's family - can we blame them to.

Is this really where we have gotten to - is this really what they have resorted to.
All I see is two people trying to get their hands on Charles money. It is really just coming down as blackmail. Releasing bits and pieces to press, Gayle king and friends on Oprah to keep the press happy.

Old 03-13-2021, 08:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
It appears that CBS has released a statement that Oprah is not a journalist and therefore does not have to stand up to journalistic ethics. This comes after many of the facts in the interview have come to be found to be incorrect. The Daily express has also found that the editing of the coverage of the newspapers headlines has been edited as well - in order to prove Meghan's story.

All false claims made in the interview -

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ent-truth.html

New: Mail Online publisher Associated Newspapers makes complaint to Viacom CBS about headlines used in Oprah's Harry/Meghan interview to show "racism" in UK press. Called edited clippings a "deliberate distortion and doctoring" with some not even from UK titles. Story to follow
https://twitter.com/pressgazette/sta...33902981054465

Harpo statement :
Update: Oprah Winfrey's Harpo Productions has issued a statement (reported by Variety) defending its journalism. “Prince Harry and Meghan, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, shared in the interview their personal story. We stand by the broadcast in its entirety.”

By stating this they are staying that the inaccuracy's are the Sussex's and the Sussex's alone and not Harpo Productions and Oprah's to check.
I do have issues with this as by given them the platform they gave them a form of trustworthiness - as people tend to believe Oprah. Also note they are not answering the convenient editing.
i'm not proud of it, but i clicked the daily mail link.

The one thing i was still convinced of was their unfair treatment by the UK gossip mags...but the Oprah interview even had to resort to media headlines from non-UK media, and edited headlines from articles to prove H&M 'truth'?
There weren't enough real UK mags headlines to prove it?

What more is there to say?

Old 03-13-2021, 08:45 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Yet another program aired about the life and times of the British royal family that definitely should have had a disclaimer aired before the program started stating "The views expressed during this program do not necessarily reflect the views of this station"

One thing that does strike me though, CBS obviously has gotten quite a few messages that it was deemed that they had to make *some* kind of an announcement.

And the saga continues.....
Dear Oispi, what was the name of the program, I would like to watch it thanks
Old 03-13-2021, 08:48 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post

I think they always had the idea that they could go to Canada/NZ and live half in, half out whilst making some money and doing some duties away from the goldfish bowl. But they've just brought that gold fish bowl in on them dramatically anyway.

We know SA was being prepped for months before being crossed off the list as well.

I was re-watching the Oprah interview and Canada, New Zealand and South Africa were explicitly mentioned as possible options for the half-in, half-out solution.

As I said before, however, I can't see how that kind of arrangement would work in Harry's mind. South Africa is not even a realm anymore (since 1960 actually), and even in realms like Canada, there is no precedent of a member of the RF living there permanently as a representative of the Crown other than in an official role like Governor General, which, nowadays is an office that can in practice be occupied only by citizens of the realm.

Harry is not a citizen neither of Canada nor of New Zealand and, unless he held a Crown office in those countries, or was an accredited UK diplomat there, what kind of representation role would he have there exactly? In fact, given his immigration status, I am not even sure if he could legally remain in the country beyond the normal grace period that is extended to visitors. And there would be restrictions too on his ability to work or get a paid job.

It seems to me that, despite H&M's preaching about colonialism and dealing with its legacy, it was Harry who was confusing the Commonwealth with the old British Empire and showing a colonial mentality with respect to Canada, New Zealand and South Africa, which is out of touch with their current status as sovereign, independent countries.
Old 03-13-2021, 08:49 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew View Post
Is there a link where I could watch the whole interview? I have signed up to itv hub but I still can't view the videos. I live in Romania, maybe that is the reason I cannot access these videos?
Thank you.
try this, I don't know if this will work in you country
https://www.cbs.com/shows/oprah-with...etime-special/
Old 03-13-2021, 08:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
The racist accusation Archie not being a prince because of the skin is beyond ridiculous. If the BRF were racist, they would not have allowed the marriage in the first place. I am sure there was a remark about how the child would look but why not? I can give the example of Boris Becker, a white red haired person, who, like Harry had children with (partly) black women. Of course in Germany there was a lot of speculation, how the children would look because it's not a combination that happens every day. Does asking this question make a person racist? My answer is certainly not. And as it turns out, Becker's children look totally different, from mainly the mothers black genes to mainly the fathers white/red hair genes. So of course in Harry's and Meghan's case, the family will speculate about it, as will any other family I'm sure. But of course you can pull the victim/race card whenever it suits you. And another thing, if you make an accusation like that, you have to disclose name and source or you remain silent. But of course that is not the purpose, as they will milk this subject until it has run its course for money and attention.

And don't even get me started on Meghan not checking out Harry on google ...

I was stunned to see Harry complain that Daddy closed his wallet and does not take his calls anymore. Welcome to the real world, I thought. I guess once his mother's inheritance is gone and other income plans fall flat, he will become the famous hot potato. The kind of lifestyle those live who the Sussexes plan to mingle with, 13 Mio is not much, so it's clear they are out for the big money, and fast. Question is, was the interview only the beginning or the beginning of the end, because the story will be boring soon, the bad family and the bad media and the poor prince and his poor wife. I'm Team BRF, don't let the door hit you on the way out!
You nailed it. I'm with you!
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Oh yes, and Richard Kay's article debunking many of Meghan's disclosures will at least cast some doubt.

Meghan and Harry should keep in mind that the pendulum swings both ways.

Indeed. Just ask Governor Cuomo the difference between last year and this year....

Bottom line- Harry and Meghan knew they could say whatever they wanted, and Oprah wouldn’t really challenge anything. She’s a TV host. This wasn’t Leslie Stahl on 60 Minutes. (who I imagine has better things to do anyway then interview these entitled whiners).

They also knew that anyone pointing out lies, misstatements, obvious twisting of events in the aftermath would not be read or heard by the majority of the audience.
Heir Apparent

The editing of the headline articles is pretty outrageous to be honest, especially given how many stories were so racist against her apparently according to Meghan her team and stans. I wonder if DM will sue.
Old 03-13-2021, 08:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Ester View Post
Dear Oispi, what was the name of the program, I would like to watch it thanks
The program that was debated on here and elsewhere before this interview popped up that should have a disclaimer before airing stating that although it is based on real people and real events, it has been heavily fictionalized for entertainment purposes is "The Crown" that airs on Netflix.
Old 03-13-2021, 08:55 AM
Serene Highness

Oprah's job is to get good ratings for her show, and presumably they agreed to go on on the grounds that she'd play along with them. She did just that - she rolled her eyes, looked amazed and made "OMG" type comments over every "revelation", and never asked, for example, how come they'd turned down the title of Earl of Dumbarton if they were so keen for Archie to have a title.

I'm not very impressed with that, but I can accept it - but doctoring the pictures of media headlines to give a false impression is really stooping very low, and CBS should have checked their facts on things like who is and isn't entitled to be a prince. It's a talk show, not a documentary, but there should still be a certain amount of journalistic integrity.

And Meghan's complained because Piers Morgan said he didn't believe her. I think I'd avoid working with her at all costs. She'd probably threaten to sue you if you put too much milk in her drink, or gave her the wrong type of biscuit.
Old 03-13-2021, 08:58 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post

Harry is not a citizen neither of Canada nor of New Zealand and, unless he held a Crown office in those countries, or was an accredited UK diplomat there, what kind of representation role would he have there exactly? In fact, given his immigration status, I am not even sure if he could legally remain in the country beyond the normal grace period that is extended to visitors. And there would be restrictions too on his ability to work or get a paid job.

It seems to me that, despite H&M's talk about colonialism and dealing with its legacy, it was Harry who was confusing the Commonwealth with the old British Empire and showing a colonial mentality with respect to Canada, New Zealand and South Africa, which is out of touch with their current status as sovereign, independent countries.
One of the alleged reasons they quickly rushed to LA before the border closed was that their visa was up and couldn't be extended because neither of them were working or citizens and hadn't planned for that possibility.

You're right it seems like quite a colonial and unrealistic attitude to think "oh, we'll go to wherever, be "official royals" there whilst doing our own thing and the taxpayers will even pay for our security." That and believing your own hype.

They showed they didn't understand the Commonwealth at all with their previous comments, especially the fact that it's an entirely voluntary organisation which countries who were never even part of the British Empire want to join.
Old 03-13-2021, 08:59 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher View Post
It was extremely rude for anyone to jeer at Meghan but you can't allege that a country of 70 million are all racists because of the actions of a few jerks.

There's also video footage out there of Camilla being booed at William's wedding. And Charles being jeered at. Some people just don't like the royals.

Also apparently Harry said something about never being able to ride a bike as a child with his dad. Twitter refuted that one.
https://perezhilton.com/prince-harry...hotos-twitter/

And the DM has this up this morning;
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ent-truth.html
Old 03-13-2021, 09:04 AM
Royal Highness

The Duke & Duchess of Sussex & Family - General News March 2021 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Their (weak) defense is, as they said, that Oprah is an entertainer, not a journalist, and, as such, she does not represent CBS News and is not held to the same standards.

If I understood it correctly, Charles stopped taking Harry's call when Harry was in Canada. Now he is taking his calls again, but the relationship between Harry and Charles is still strained.

It’s a very weak defense. Agreed. There should be standards. Lies shouldn’t be allowed to just air without a disclaimer or something.

One of the more bizarre parts of the interview was him acknowledging the strained relationships with his father and brother, saying he wants to work things out...while doing an interview that stabs them and what they work for in the back. This interview wasn’t going to improve things.
Old 03-13-2021, 09:07 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukari View Post
Valentine Low did a podcast discussing the Sussexes. He mentioned his assertion Meghan wanted to be rejected because she was obsessed with that narrative from day one (he wrote it on his article about bullying).
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000512336555

And here’s reader letters to the Telegraph.
Letters: Did the Sussexes consider the mental health of those they vilified?

Another one:
Harry and Meghan on Oprah: Telegraph readers have their say

The “letter” story is a big deal for Meghan because it gave unwanted portrayal to her character, so do the “no-contact to Royal Marine” for Harry which he claimed would damage his reputation for his work in Mental Health.
Wouldn’t those Times’s story and their interview bring bigger damage to them? Would they sue? (because I’m sure the interview went through editing to make it more “dramatic”) Or is this what Meghan claimed with “they’ve already lost everything”? But don’t they still have Archewell, Netflix, and Spotify future programmes to consider? Or are they really just that short-sighted and impulsive? Or they’re really that naïve?

I’m questioning their “adviser” and “friends”. A true friend will say “no, don’t do it” instead of blindly “supporting” them when they’re being rash/stupid. Oprah is not “friend”, it was business for her. And it seems she won’t be the only one. I see a case fish who has lived in an aquarium for their whole life being thrown to sea full of sharks.

I’m not a fan of Piers Morgan (why anyone let him talk on national tv I’ll never understand). I don't know if it's true or not, but seems like the complaint has backfired.

Piers Morgan to stay at ITV after quitting GMB: the inside story of rows with Meghan Markle and Alex Beresford

There’s a saying “keep your friend close, but your enemy closer”.
Chris Ship has joined the Meghan team his reporting was very one sided.
I am not sure if he was told to provide the balance to Piers.
Old 03-13-2021, 09:12 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin9 View Post
It’s a very weak defense. Agreed.

One of the more bizarre parts of the interview was him acknowledging the strained relationships with his father and brother, saying he wants to work things out...while doing an interview that stabs them and what they work for in the back. This interview wasn’t going to improve things.
No it wasn't.

But it seems it was more important to air out their grievances on international TV than actually do their part to mend the relationships. I guess he realised he'd gone too far at points (it's not my grandparents!) but he couldn't back out and didn't want to contradict Meghan. They seem to be going for a scorched earth policy at the moment.

"Daddy and big bro aren't talking to me, poor me!" gets some sympathy and the blame goes to his "trapped" and mean family.

If they aren't talking to him by the next interview "well I'm very sad but we had to say our truth!" and they get painted exactly as toxic as they claimed.

Next time "well we talked and they said sorry for some stuff and sent Archie and Doriana some presents" Headlines: Harry says Royal family apologises for being Racist"
Old 03-13-2021, 09:32 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post
Next time "well we talked and they said sorry for some stuff and sent Archie and Doriana some presents" Headlines: Harry says Royal family apologises for being Racist"

Actually, headlines: "Royal family apologises for being Racist". Harry and Meghan's truth is THE Truth, to many.

Just today, I saw a headline "Leaked emails confirm Meghan's version" or something. That's the now famous (in-famous?) email of Meghan demanding to make the truth known re: making Kate cry in January 2020. That's the same as me saying, "If we're so adamant about getting the truth out, what about Heavs making me cry last December here, in the RoyalForums?" Does this prove that you made me cry last December? I was registered here in November, after all! Never mind that my first post was made just a few days ago.
Old 03-13-2021, 09:54 AM
Royal Highness

[...]

That's rich of ANL to complain of doctored headlines when it printed select parts of Meghan's letter to her dad without her permission. It seems like ViacomCBS's stance is ANL is in no position to say anything given it lost that case.
Old 03-13-2021, 09:56 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post

Personally I felt the whole interview was M&H attempting to establish themselves as the owners of the mental health and racism portfolio. Essentially the royals cannot say anything about the issues as this is what they did to us - we are the authorities on those issues in the royal world. Question - I sincerely doubt William and Harry were the first brutish royals to talk about mental health. But since they are the ones that spearheaded it into the public spotlight - why cant both the Cambridge's and the Sussex's work on it - it is not as it there is a limited need for the cause.
As far as racisms is concerned - I don't think any senior royal will touch it now - they might do an engagement here and there.
You may be right but I don't think it will work out the way they'd like. For one, Harry plainly stated that he didn't seek out help for Meghan with his family because he was embarrassed. I believe William and Catherine will continue to be outspoken about mental health because of their personal experiences and the people they have met while doing this work.
Old 03-13-2021, 10:10 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Up until this interview, I was one of the posters here that would always try and see the positives with this couple. I saw the huge potential they had for doing good and giving back and how they could be a huge asset to the BRF and the monarchy as a whole. I also thought that Meghan was absolutely persecuted in the media starting from when it first became public knowledge they were dating and having a long distance, over the pond relationship. I believed they were strong together and believed Meghan when she stated in Vanity Fair that she "tunes out the noise".

But there it was. In full color. For two hours. I don't discount that there were struggles and misunderstandings and brick walls that this couple ran into every where they turned, it seemed. Her family, the press, an 1,000+ year old institution that has as many quirks and protocols and traditions as politicians have lies. I thought if anyone could rise above all that, it would be them. The interview last Sunday has totally shot all that to pieces that can never be put back together again. I've lost just about any respect I've had for them and feel that this was the worse mistake they could have ever made.

I get the distinct feeling that Harry also feels that this wasn't perhaps a good move to make. It was the day *after* the interview aired that the disclaimer from Harry came out stating the statement about the skin tone was not the Queen or Philip. I'm wondering if there are others he may regret? This, alone, cannot be good for his mental health either.

The saddest part to me is that there are no do-overs. They cannot take it back. Most importantly though, in the eyes of so many people now, they can't be believed to be genuine or even trustworthy.

"Man does not weave the web of life. He is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself." (Chief Seattle) That sums it up for me.

I saw a lot of potential with them too. I thought Meghan being mid 30s, having charitable interests, was old enough to understand what she doing and would find certain aspects of joining the family to be rewarding and enjoyable. I also believed her when she said she blocked out the noise. (Obviously not- in her own words and emails, she’s shown she’s obsessed with media coverage.)

I didn’t start believing there was some truth in the media reports until the Africa interview. That’s where my perspective shifted. It was whiny. A pretty obvious sympathy bid IMO- and I don’t have much patience for those especially when- by anyone’s definition- you already have so much. And I’m not just talking about money.

It was obvious Meghan very much paid attention to the media, which I thought was a poor choice- and it was just that- a choice. Anyway- it all went downhill from there. I’d say they’ve hit rock bottom with how low they can go, but probably not.

Harry maybe has regrets. What I wonder is why he ever allowed that interview to air without clarifying that his elderly grandparents were not racists. He had to know people would point the finger at them due to age, some of Philip’s past comments, etc. They were easy and obvious targets. He’s not super bright, but he’s not that dumb either. Plus- when he clarified- he also narrowed the field. Which made the finger pointing at Charles, for instance, louder. The whole race part of the interview was cold and cruel IMO.

I don’t believe Meghan cares. I really don’t. She brought up the race issue, even though she never actually heard the conversation. I think so little of her at this point, I think she’s enjoying the fallout. And I do mean enjoying. I think she, in particular, got what she wanted.

I would agree- count me in as someone who doesn’t think they’re genuine or trustworthy. They sure aren’t kind and compassionate.

Too bad they’re living in the US. We have enough celebrities trying to moralize and tell us what we should think. Because they seem to think we need their advice and opinions. Meghan may have felt she lost her voice for a time, but hers sure isn’t one I care to hear. Or Harry’s for that matter. I don’t care what they think. I sure don’t need to hear them bash the BRF while making millions strictly because they are royal.
Old 03-13-2021, 10:24 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moran View Post
Actually, headlines: "Royal family apologises for being Racist". Harry and Meghan's truth is THE Truth, to many.

Just today, I saw a headline "Leaked emails confirm Meghan's version" or something. That's the now famous (in-famous?) email of Meghan demanding to make the truth known re: making Kate cry in January 2020. That's the same as me saying, "If we're so adamant about getting the truth out, what about Heavs making me cry last December here, in the RoyalForums?" Does this prove that you made me cry last December? I was registered here in November, after all! Never mind that my first post was made just a few days ago.

Yeah. I saw that headline too. All those emails proved to me was how obsessed she was with media coverage, the Catherine one in particular, and that she highly likely was difficult to work for. It doesn’t prove her version was totally true. Why because she said so in an email?

Here’s a thought: maybe Meghan convinced herself her version happened just that way. She wouldn’t be the first person to do that. But- no- that email proves nothing in and of itself about what actually happened.

Closed Thread