The Duke & Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 2: December 2020-March 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JessRulz

Former Administrator
City
Melbourne
Country
Australia
The Duke & Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 2: December 2020-March 2021

Welcome to The Sussex Family
News & Events, Part Two

Commencing December 20, 2020

This replaces the General News and Current Events threads.
Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.

Additional Notice:

This thread is to discuss News and Events of the the Duke and Duchess of Sussex and replaces the previous General News and Current Events threads, which are now closed.

In recent months, the Moderating team have found many instances where there is a crossover of discussion between the two previous threads. Further, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex carry out far fewer official engagements as members of the Royal Family and it seems appropriate to merge the two subjects into one.

Members wishing to post their thoughts, comments and responses may do so in a constructive way and in a manner that promotes mature and thoughtful discussion. When posting, members are expected to act civilly, reasonably and responsibly both towards one another and towards the subject matter.

Members who do not comply with these requests will be warned and may be suspended.

The following subjects and types of posts are off-topic and unacceptable:

• The couple's split from the Royal Family
  • The media, journalists, journalism, paparazzi, photographer, reporters etc
  • Relationship with other members of the Royal Family
  • The Markle family
  • Finances
  • Titles
  • Unsubstantiated gossip, rumour, speculation, hearsay and innuendo
  • Accusations or inference of racism towards other members and the media
  • Off-topic remarks
  • Aggressive, sarcastic or disruptive tones
  • Agenda-driven posts or posts deemed to have intent to disrupt the thread
  • Bickering, arguing or back-and-forth discussions to the exclusion of others
  • Repetitive and circular discussion
  • Post that otherwise add nothing of merit, interest or benefit to the discussion

Any and all issues are to be directed to the moderating team via private message.

The previous edition of this thread ended up with a largely off-topic discussion/back-and-forth on Meghan's previous status as a celebrity, her level of fame and income, the couple's titles/surnames, and comparisons to other royals across Europe.

All of these topics have been debated ad nauseam for coming up to a year. The moderating team has asked on several occasions that we cease repeating the same discussions over and over, as everyone has had multiple chances to state their opinions.

If these topics are to resurface in this thread, they will be removed and suspensions may be issued to those taking part for continually ignoring moderator instructions.

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry announce partnership with Jose Andrés of The World Central Kitchen

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...suits&utm_content=pursuits&utm_source=twitter

When she was on CNN she was highlighting them.

Wonderful news! WCK is an incredible organization doing some of the smartest humanitarian work I have ever seen in my time in the field.

I am excited for them to tour these centers once its safe and they are built. A truly great partnership for Archewell to begin with!

WCK sounds like a wonderful organisation, really working at the grass roots to relieve world hunger in disadvantaged countries. It's fantastic that Harry and Meghan have chosen this charity to donate to and work in partnership with via Archewell. Fabulous! Hoping to see more of this in 2021.

Last edited:
Great to see the Sussexes getting stuck in with this project! It sounds like a great initiative.

This is wonderful news and shows Archewell heading in a good direction. This is probably only the first of what is yet to come. I have a feeling that the Archewell umbrella is going to be a big one and made from flags of a lot of nations.

I wish them the best of success.

I love this decision! What a great place to start with Archwell!

LaRae

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry announce partnership with Jose Andrés of The World Central Kitchen

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...suits&utm_content=pursuits&utm_source=twitter

When she was on CNN she was highlighting them.

Its a fantastic foundation. I am happy to see Harry and Meghan working with it.

Website for the organization.

https://wck.org/mission

A great place for Harry and Meghan to launch their new charity. And definitely an organization doing great work that can use the boost of PR.

Fingers crossed for a Christmas pic release!

LaRae

Fingers crossed for a Christmas pic release!

LaRae

I can’t wait to see Archie! He’s so cute, and I know that little ones change so much between 12 and 18 months so it’ll be fun to see how big he’s gotten.

I can’t wait to see Archie! He’s so cute, and I know that little ones change so much between 12 and 18 months so it’ll be fun to see how big he’s gotten.

He was a big boy already..cant imagine how much he has grown in the past 6 months or so!

LaRae

Yes, Archie will be a toddler now, no longer a baby. He'll have a full head of hair, for a start!

Harry and Meghan appear to be dressed for two different weather forecasts!

Harry and Meghan appear to be dressed for two different weather forecasts!

Maybe she is one of those ppl who are sensitive to cold? I run around in shirt sleeves in 4o degree weather, the hubby wears a parka!

LaRae

Maybe she is one of those ppl who are sensitive to cold? I run around in shirt sleeves in 4o degree weather, the hubby wears a parka!

LaRae

I second this. I get cold easily and so does my sister. We wear sweaters when my brother in law still runs around in a t-shirt.

LaRae

I also think there's something very "California" about it. I'm not a native Californian but lived there for a year. It was 65 degrees and sunny and I was in shortsleeves, and so many people would be walking around wearing parkas. 65 isn't too cold for me, but for people who are from an area that rarely dips below the mid-70s 65 F is quite cold!

I also think there's something very "California" about it. I'm not a native Californian but lived there for a year. It was 65 degrees and sunny and I was in shortsleeves, and so many people would be walking around wearing parkas. 65 isn't too cold for me, but for people who are from an area that rarely dips below the mid-70s 65 F is quite cold!

Same in parts of FL. Below 65 many pull out boots, coats the whole winter garb. I am still in tank top and shorts. I also tend to run hot. It is 40 degrees Fahrenheit in Jersey, my Windows open and fan running.

Considering she lived in Canada for many years, this is so confusing to me. :lol: Isn't it pretty warm in LA? She probably misses wearing parkas.

Yeah, it’s been in the 70’s, so a winter coat is an odd choice.

Considering she lived in Canada for many years, this is so confusing to me. :lol: Isn't it pretty warm in LA? She probably misses wearing parkas.

Depending on the day, and time of day, it can get quite cool. It’s not northern Canada cold or anything, but it’s a significant different from summer and the low humidity makes it feel colder than it really is.

Maybe she runs cold, maybe she misjudged how cold/warm it would be, maybe Harry was wishing he’d brought a coat.

Californian here, born and raised. Lived in both Northern California and Los Angeles. Never have or anyone I know donned a jacket like this and a hat in 70'+ weather.

The temps in Beverly Hills on the day the photo was taken were 73-80'.

It is bizarre....

Last edited by a moderator:
Reportedly one of the buildings that the couple were reported entering/exiting on Sunday 12/20 has various businesses in it including a medical spa.

https://www.eonline.com/news/122109...lic-outing-with-prince-harry-in-beverly-hills
Just days before ringing in their first Christmas as California residents, Meghan Markle and Prince Harry were spotted out and about in Beverly Hills on Sunday, Dec. 20.
The Duchess and Duke of Sussex were bundled up in comfy winter attire while appearing to run errands around the city. At one point in the afternoon, they entered a large building that holds multiple businesses, including a popular medical spa.

Same in Morocco. I went in the spring a few years ago and was in summer clothes being British, but the locals in Marrakech were wearing similar outfits to Meghan here.

I am surprised at the degree of anger towards Harry and Meghan. They seem like a harmless couple. I live in the U.S. and honestly, their public image does not reflect poorly on the U.K. I admire their entrepreneural spirit . At least, they are not dependent on the government, saving British taxpayers’ money.

Live and let live

I am surprised at the degree of anger towards Harry and Meghan. They seem like a harmless couple. I live in the U.S. and honestly, their public image does not reflect poorly on the U.K. I admire their entrepreneural spirit . At least, they are not dependent on the government, saving British taxpayers’ money.

:previous: Thank you for a kind-hearted, not cynical nor sarcastic, comment about these ‘harmless’ and well-meaning people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom