The Duke & Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 2: December 2020-March 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
His statement on Meghan wanting to be a victim from the start, so she could convince Harry to get out and move back to the States is an interesting interpretation/observation from the staff that he talked to...

How convoluted, offensive and preposterous a summation by this journalist. When we see two people so obviously as deeply in love as Harry and Meghan, this type of desperate accusation beggars belief.

This faulty, 11th hour media interpretation is in direct opposition to everything we witness in M&H's words and interaction in their engagement interview. M&H's engagement interview is memorable to this day for their expression of genuine enthusiasm and eagerness to make an important contribution to representing and furthering the worthwhile work and positive influence of the monarchy. Had the Sussexes been fully supported by the royal firm they could have done so much to aid the Crown in their work with Commonwealth projects and initiatives. What a shame.

Last edited:
The hypocrisy of the palace aides to leak about those earrings is just astonishing.

Are we ready to discuss Elizabeth’s jewels?

The difference is Queen Elizabeth does not claim/portray to be a humanitarian nor constantly support sustainability or cruelty-free products. It's almost the same argument about climate change, where The Queen has stay out of it. That is what I like about her.

Last edited:
The difference is Queen Elizabeth does not claim/portray to be a humanitarian nor constantly preach about sustainability or cruelty-free products. It's almost the same argument about climate change, where The Queen has stay out of it. That is what I like about her.

But the problem is Betty is supposed to be a public servant who really should not be personally profiting from that.

The difference is Queen Elizabeth does not claim/portray to be a humanitarian nor constantly preach about sustainability or cruelty-free products. It's almost the same argument about climate change, where The Queen has stay out of it. That is what I like about her.

And yet, the provenance of the jewels remains the same, regardless of who is or was the wearer in the royal family.

Please link to where Meghan ever 'preached about sustainability or cruelty-free products.' 'Preaching' in the negative connotation apparently intended here, is not the same as someone in a high profile position advocating through the example of simply wearing and using such products.

But the problem is Betty is supposed to be a public servant who really should not be personally profiting from that.

And she was rightfully criticised in the past and so did The Countess of Wessex.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uk...spelt-trouble-for-the-Countess-of-Wessex.html
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-16452634

:previous:

And yet, the provenance of the jewels remains the same, regardless of who is or was the wearer in the royal family.

Please link to where Meghan ever 'preached about sustainability or cruelty-free products.' 'Preaching' in the negative connotation apparently intended here, is not the same as someone in a high profile position advocating through the example of simply wearing and using such products.

Evidence of Humanitarian:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/life/tv-model-humanitarian-princess-six-transformations-meghan/

Evidence of Meghan supporting sustainable jewellery:
https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celebrity/latest/a29623884/meghan-markle-new-gold-rings-vargas-goteo/

Meghan Markle Favors Sustainable & Ethical Jewelry Lines
On numerous occasions, the Duchess of Sussex has been spotted sporting jewelry from sustainable lines. On the Royal Tour of Australia, for example, she wore jewelry from Ecksand. The Canadian brand is committed to sourcing conflict-free stones while using 100% recycled gold. Founder Erica Bianchini was thrilled to see Meghan wearing Ecksand pieces, including the Emerald Secret Heart Stackable ring—

“Just seeing her wear our pieces really reiterates to us that she must already be aligned with our values,” she told People Magazine. “And the way she brought them all together is so fun, she always put things together so naturally … I was really happy to see she chose [the emerald stackable ring] because I love emeralds and also they mean everlasting love,” Bianchini mentioned. “But I don’t think the Duchess needs any gems to reinforce that!”
https://www.peacefuldumpling.com/meghan-markle-jewelry
https://www.hellomagazine.com/fashi...rkle-ethical-jewellery-pippa-small-interview/
https://www.businessinsider.com.au/...nflict-free-diamond-botswana-2018-5?r=US&IR=T

Yes, she may not have preached, but still support support sustainable jewellery, which contradicts her decision to wear the earrings. She could have worn other sustainable jewellery at Fiji and Charles' birthday dinner, given that she has many options to choose from.

I have edited my post.

Last edited:
And she was rightfully criticised in the future and so did The Countess of Wessex.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uk...spelt-trouble-for-the-Countess-of-Wessex.html
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-16452634

Evidence of Humanitarian:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/life/tv-model-humanitarian-princess-six-transformations-meghan/

Evidence of Meghan supporting sustainable jewellery:
https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celebrity/latest/a29623884/meghan-markle-new-gold-rings-vargas-goteo/

https://www.peacefuldumpling.com/meghan-markle-jewelry
https://www.hellomagazine.com/fashi...rkle-ethical-jewellery-pippa-small-interview/

Yes, she may not have preached, but still support support sustainable jewellery, which contradicts her decision to wear the earrings. She could have worn other sustainable jewellery at Fiji and Charles' birthday dinner.

Supporting sustainable jewelry does not mean that one cannot wear jewelry mined from the earth. Megan did not indicate that she would always wear sustainable jewelry when she said that she supported it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Supporting sustainable jewelry does not mean that one cannot wear jewelry mined from the earth. Megan did not indicate that she would always wear sustainable jewelry when she said that she supported it.

I was asked to provide evidence on Meghan's jewellery in relation to the allegation on The Times. I have never said that Meghan could not wear jewellery mined from earth, I was focussing more on the humanitarian and cruelty aspect. And Meghan's engagement ring was sourced from conflict-free mines, based on the fourth link (Business Insider) that I have provided earlier under the sustainable jewellery subheading.

“Choosing a diamond from Botswana speaks to Prince Harry and Meghan’s shared commitment to social and environmental responsibility, as Botswana diamond mining has contributed to transforming Botswana into one of Africa’s most prosperous economies,” Money told Business Insider. “Botswana diamonds are also sourced from mines that follow internationally recognised labour and environmental standards.”
https://www.businessinsider.com.au/...nflict-free-diamond-botswana-2018-5?r=US&IR=T

Yes, she may not have preached, but still support support sustainable jewellery, which contradicts her decision to wear the earrings. She could have worn other sustainable jewellery at Fiji and Charles' birthday dinner, given that she has many options to choose from.

I know Meghan advocates for use of sustainable products, which I mentioned in my previous post. She does a lot to support designers who utilize ethical materials and manufacturing processes.

I personally do not feel that Meghan, as a new, pregnant member of the royal family who was going on her first royal tour about five months after the royal wedding and all the stress that led up to the event, that it's necessary to hold this young woman to a higher standard than anyone else in the royal firm. None of us are completely perfect and consistent to a fault in everything and in every step we take. I think Meghan has done a good job of holding herself to high standards. It was up to the palace and their staff to guide and protect her in the first place, not to purposely take advantage of her in a negative way which is what this current belated release of information about the earrings looks like.

It is questionable what Meghan was told about the jewels and their provenance. As well, at the time, other negative stories appeared in newspapers regarding tiaras, but this story didn't appear at that time. This story about the earrings doesn't make anyone look good in the royal family, nor among the staff who presented this selection of jewelry to Meghan. Who leaked false stories about tiaras that appeared at the time? Let's remember that Meghan was pregnant when a lot of these negative stories began circulating relentlessly in the U.K. media. Neither Meghan nor Harry spoke out at the time, as they were probably hoping to receive protection from within, which never came. Everything continued to get worse.

Trying to connect Meghan to Kashoggi's murder through her wearing the earrings, is like the negative story in The Telegraph attempting to connect Meghan's visit to the mosque which housed the Hubb Community Kitchen, to somehow supporting terrorism.

I know Meghan supports sustainable products, which I mentioned in my previous post. She does a lot to support designers who support ethical materials and manufacturing processes.

I personally do not feel that as a new, pregnant member of the royal family who was going on her first royal tour about five months after the royal wedding and all the stress in the lead up to it, that it's necessary to hold this young woman to a higher standard than anyone else in the royal firm. None of us are completely perfect and consistent to a fault in everything and in every step we take. I think Meghan has done a good job of holding herself to high standards. It was up to the palace and their staff to guide and protect her in the first place, not to purposely take advantage of her in a negative way which is what this current belated release of information about the jewels looks like.

It is questionable whether what she was told about the jewels and their provenance. As well, at the time, other negative stories appeared in newspapers regarding tiaras, but this story didn't appear at that time. The story doesn't make anyone look good in the royal family, nor among the staff who presented this selection of jewelry to Meghan. Who leaked false stories about tiaras that appeared at the time. Let's remember that Meghan was pregnant when a lot of these negative stories began circulating relentlessly. Neither Meghan nor Harry spoke out at the time, as they were probably hoping to receive protection from within, which never came. Everything continued to get worse.

Trying to connect Meghan to Kashoggi's murder is like the negative story in The Telegraph attempting to connect Meghan's visit to the mosque which housed the Hubb Community Kitchen, as supporting terrorism.

Thank you for your reasonable explanation in a polite manner. I understand and agree with you that mistakes and confusion happens (e.g. Princess Eugenie's and Wessex's children's title) and the press (not just the tabloids) are vicious, especially in spinning narrative depending on their political/social agenda. What I don't agree with you are the handling/dealing of the press and the rights/freedom of the press, but we could respectfully disagree. :flowers:

No matter anyone's beliefs, freedom of the press and fair, responsible journalism has nothing to do with relentless and defamatory publication of false and misleading stories.

No matter anyone's beliefs, freedom of the press and fair, responsible journalism has nothing to do with relentless and defamatory publication of false and misleading stories.

Like what I have said earlier, I disagree with you on that point. I believe that freedom of press includes tabloids and magazine. Does that mean I believe that that they are in the same calibre as "fair, responsible journalism"? Certainly not. In fact I believe freedom of speech and expression is the way to call out fake news and challenge opinions, rather than go underground. Do I support customers boycotting publications? Absolutely, it's freedom of choice and the appropriate way to hit their wallets without deliberating shutting down or suppressing speech (i.e. Unlike Extinction Rebellion blocking newspaper distributor)

I will just leave it there, before this thread goes off-topic :flowers:

Feel free to PM me also if you are interested in my views. ?

Last edited:
Meghan was on a hugely popular television show. Both on cable and Netflix.

She was well enough known she was asked to be the spokeswoman for major international charitable organizations like the UN and World Vision.

She isn't the nameless out of work actress desperate for a fancy house you make her out to be.

And if she was, she would have wanted to remain a working royal. How much fancier a house, more money and fame could she get?

As for the complaints even if investigated likely nothing to come of it. How many people every week complain to HR their boss 'is a task master'. People who can't deal with the pressure of the job and lay complaint on their boss as not being supportive enough. Plenty.

Does it make them a loving boss? No. Does it make them a bully? No.

Her fame pre-Harry was nowhere at this level, I've no doubt that she has fans while she was on Suits, but back then people didn't talk about her almost daily, not on tabloids and certainly not on social media.

I think it is questionable whether Meghan knew of the possible connection between the earrings and the death of Jamal Khashoggi. If the Palace knew of the connection, they should have alerted Meghan and her staff to that fact.

Regarding the earrings, there is a story in the Daily Mail with more information:

"Lawyers representing the duchess have told the newspaper all relevant royal staff knew the jewellery was a gift from the Crown Prince, and Meghan was unaware at the time of rumours implicating him in the murder."

"The Gulf State ruler was invited to lunch with the Queen during a trip to the UK in March 2018, a few months before Harry and Meghan wed, and it is likely this is when the gift was presented although there is no suggestion Meghan received it in person."

"The earrings are classed as a gift from a foreign head of state and so are Crown property and were available to be borrowed by Meghan."

"The Times reported her lawyers as saying if the duchess had said they were borrowed, this was what she meant. They have denied she had stated they were borrowed from a jeweller."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/p...s-Saudi-Crown-Prince-journalist-s-murder.html

I'm finding all this very sad.

I hope Harry's happy with the damage he's done. If he wanted to leave royal duties and move away to start a new life, fine. But all this nastiness, which is all over the front pages of today's papers, with headlines like "All out war at Palace", could have been avoided - but, oh no, he and Meghan had to do the Omid Scobie book, and now the Oprah interview, and create this ongoing cycle of unpleasantness.

Yes, the Queen's said that they remain much-loved members of the family, but, whilst we can't know what Charles and William are saying about everything that's going on at the moment, I'd hazard a guess that it involves a lot of very rude words.

I hope Harry's happy with the damage he's done. If he wanted to leave royal duties and move away to start a new life, fine. But all this nastiness, which is all over the front pages of today's papers, with headlines like "All out war at Palace", could have been avoided - but, oh no, he and Meghan had to do the Omid Scobie book, and now the Oprah interview, and create this ongoing cycle of unpleasantness.

Yes, the Queen's said that they remain much-loved members of the family, but, whilst we can't know what Charles and William are saying about everything that's going on at the moment, I'd hazard a guess that it involves a lot of very rude words.

Exactly what damage has Harry done by falling in love with and marrying Meghan, and then protecting his wife and son by removing them from what he has described as "a toxic situation?" How is Harry the one to be blamed for this, especially when the relentless mischaracterizations against his pregnant wife, triggered in him memories of the hounding his mother received at the hands of paps and the U.K. media? And which eventually led to her tragic death, when Harry was still only twelve years of age.

I am happy for Harry that he found love and happiness, and that he's done everything he can to protect his core family and his marriage. Harry has always been supportive of his royal relatives too, so it is definitely sad that his happiness with Meghan was not valued, fully accepted, nor protected...

Some of your other contentions are untrue regarding the Scobie/Durand book, but there's a thread for that. Is it possible to understand that Harry & Meghan left and tried to start a new life, but the U.K. media...would never leave M&H alone? M&H have not been constantly in the public eye, but they've constantly been written about. They have focused on launching their charitable organization and collaborating with like-minded people and groups on worthy projects. The deals they made with Netflix and Spotify are also connected with positive and hopeful projects they are working on. M&H were not even given support by the royal firm in their suit against press intrusion and copyright infringement.

Why were all the negative stories allowed to continue in the U.K. media? Why was that story leaked about Archie's birth certificate? Wasn't all of this negativity against M&H nasty and vindictive? Meanwhile, M&H were minding their own business and not being seen in public for weeks at a time, as they tried to recover from Meghan's miscarriage last summer, and tried to conceive again. During what should be the happiest times of a young couple's lives, this is what M&H have had to endure, and neither of them have deserved this awful treatment. I do not blame them for fighting back and finally deciding to break their silence.

I just came across something in my wanderings that made me think of Meghan and all the dredging up of the past that seems to be happening. It's fitting and simple.

"Trying to hurt me by bringing up my past is like robbing my old house. I don't live there anymore."

Simple. :D

Exactly - I think Harry has worked it out in his head that they are attacking the institution and not the family, but essentially it is the same thing.

I had been told that CBS is trying to find out if video or audio evidence exist and it the Times has it. If they do and it is out there - they might pull the interview. I told you that it was suspicious that CBS and Harpo people were talking to palace staff suddenly. They knew what was happening.

Valentine Low did an interview on ITV about the bullying allegation, more specifically why he believes Meghan 'bullying' allegations were brought to him.

Appaling.
Still, i'm not surprised...

Exactly - I think Harry has worked it out in his head that they are attacking the institution and not the family, but essentially it is the same thing.

I had been told that CBS is trying to find out if video or audio evidence exist and it the Times has it. If they do and it is out there - they might pull the interview. I told you that it was suspicious that CBS and Harpo people were talking to palace staff suddenly. They knew what was happening.

What? It is an email.

Everyone has the right to have their side of the story heard. And that clip by CBS makes me even more sure of that. If she is going to talk so should they.

The royals may never talk but other people can.

In.a similar vein to all those people saying where is the evidence I want to see the evidence for the other side too. Where is the evidence that they perpetuated lies about the Sussexes?

Well not Harry.

I do feel for his situation really. Fell in love, the people who work for him complain about her, relationship with brother fails apart and then family business say on your bike.

He is definitely loser number 1.

the family business did not say "On your bike", rather the opposite that Harry and his wife wanted to leave teh family business....

the family business did not say "On your bike", rather the opposite that Harry and his wife wanted to leave teh family business....

No but it was a shorter way of saying they wanted their idea and the family said no.

[...]

This "bullying" claim can also be a two-edged sword whereby the couple can claim they were being bullied and backed into a corner and hence they took it out on their staff.

Doesn't justify the behavior if it did happen but it is worth considering.
I just came across something in my wanderings that made me think of Meghan and all the dredging up of the past that seems to be happening. It's fitting and simple.

"Trying to hurt me by bringing up my past is like robbing my old house. I don't live there anymore."

Simple. [emoji3]

Well not Harry.

I do feel for his situation really. Fell in love, the people who work for him complain about her, relationship with brother fails apart and then family business say on your bike.

He is definitely loser number 1.

I'm not sure about that. Right now he has his wife and if they ever divorce he will still have his family.

In a way the situation reminds me of Margarita-gate. For those unaware of Margarita-gate, this was the situation: https://www.nettyroyal.nl/en/pro/portfolio_royalwatch_2003_april.html

Years later, Margarita divorced Edwin and apologized to her family. Margarita returned to the good graces of the Dutch royal family and Edwin was blamed for everything. He never stopped fighting and I think he still has lawsuits going on and he has threaten to write a tell-all book.

Hopefully Harry and Meghan can find peace soon. It's better for everyone involved.

That what is striking when you read opinions of pro-Sussex people on social media. They truly believe that Meghan has the right to complain about anyone she wishes but if people complain about her, they’re liars and it’s BP out to get her— never mind that this makes the Palace look like they covered up bad behavior by a member of the family
Agreed with pro-Sussex you can say anything wrong about them because you're a racist etc. Not exactly a conversation. What are other neutral media/?

I agree, a lot of unnecessary damage has been done in the way Harry & Meghan have conducted themselves in 2020 and 2021 (I am delibrately restricting my comments to this period). If they wanted to leave the Firm, they could have agreed the position with the senior Principals (HM, Charles and William) and exited with grace and dignity. Instead, what we have is a constant attempt at being too cute, trying to undermine the Firm, and unnecessary one upmanship. And I am not sure what washing ones dirty linen in public ever achieves much in the long run. But let history be the judge of that.

You know what?

This whole situation is a goldmine for the writers of 'The Crown' series xx in about 20 years time :lol:

I agree. Also, it provides rich pickings for the very taboids that H&M despise so much.

What? It is an email.

Everyone has the right to have their side of the story heard. And that clip by CBS makes me even more sure of that. If she is going to talk so should they.

The royals may never talk but other people can.

In.a similar vein to all those people saying where is the evidence I want to see the evidence for the other side too. Where is the evidence that they perpetuated lies about the Sussexes?

I've got a question here. All of this about "bullying"charges against Meghan resurfacing now and supposedly an "investigation" to "look into it" is front page news. Correct? Can anyone tell me what judgment or settlement would even come out of any such "investigation"? As I see it, this is a matter being looked into concerning ex-employees and ex-bosses(employer). What are they going to do? Hit the reset button where the ex-employees get their job back or the ex-boss(employer) gets a dressing down from the CEO she worked for years ago? What outcome will ever come of this? It just doesn't make sense to me at all.

Haven't people better things to do than revisit the past hoping to change it? I kind of think that when people start pointing a finger, they forget the the other three fingers on their hand is pointing back at them. :D

I've got a question here. All of this about "bullying"charges against Meghan resurfacing now and supposedly an "investigation" to "look into it" is front page news. Correct? Can anyone tell me what judgment or settlement would even come out of any such "investigation"? As I see it, this is a matter being looked into concerning ex-employees and ex-bosses(employer). What are they going to do? Hit the reset button where the ex-employees get their job back or the ex-boss(employer) gets a dressing down from the CEO she worked for years ago? What outcome will ever come of this? It just doesn't make sense to me at all.

Haven't people better things to do than revisit the past hoping to change it? I kind of think that when people start pointing a finger, they forget the the other three fingers on their hand is pointing back at them. :D

Seriously? Peopel it appears made complaints and were very unhappy.. and because it was in hte past it cant' be discussed and looked into?

It will take the form of a review as it should to implement changes going forward.

What do you think this it? This is a place of work and should conduct themselves as such. That is the important thing to do.

Any comments on this case will take the form of reporting matters etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom