The Duke & Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 2: December 2020-March 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am surprised at the degree of anger towards Harry and Meghan. They seem like a harmless couple. I live in the U.S. and honestly, their public image does not reflect poorly on the U.K. I admire their entrepreneural spirit . At least, they are not dependent on the government, saving British taxpayers’ money.

Hi Binny2-Could you please clarify this statement "at the degree of anger towards Harry and Meghan?" Were you referring to this site? Or were you referring to opinion polls in the UK? I'm asking because I want to be sure that I answer you correctly.

Hi Binny2-Could you please clarify this statement "at the degree of anger towards Harry and Meghan?" Were you referring to this site? Or were you referring to opinion polls in the UK? I'm asking because I want to be sure that I answer you correctly.

I don’t follow them closely; I tend to hang out at the Diana board who I find endlessly fascinating. My impression of H&M comes from reading this forum. It seems more like bitterness as if they deeply offended the British people. I am not writing this to denigrate other posters. I respect their point of view; just trying to understand why. There’s a cultural component I am missing. I would think there would be greater anger towards Andrew who truly has damaged the monarchy.

I don’t follow them closely; I tend to hang out at the Diana board who I find endlessly fascinating. My impression of H&M comes from reading this forum. It seems more like bitterness as if they deeply offended the British people. I am not writing this to denigrate other posters. I respect their point of view; just trying to understand why. There’s a cultural component I am missing. I would think there would be greater anger towards Andrew who truly has damaged the monarchy.

Even though I agree with you this thread has had some special guidelines added to it. You will find some like to 'hold the edge' sort of speak in order to get their points across and will carefully word it so. See post #2 to be sure. Thank goodness we have admins...lol.

Hi Binny2-Thank you for your response. As Rayal pointed out, this forum/thread comes with some special considerations, so I am going to private message you my response. ?

Several off-topic comments have been removed.

Let's not bring rumours of merching back into the discussion thank you.

re, the BH images and the ru cold comment: if her wardrobe during her time in the UK is any indication I think she may runs hot. so the coat is weird. I lived in north CA, I don't think I ever saw anyone wear such thick coats.. not even the homeless people, and it is a slightly cooler area than LA.

[.....]

Last edited by a moderator:
[...]

Still hoping for Christmas photos! They have some beautiful options as backdrops on their new property!

Not sure where CA is at on their Covid requirements when it comes to family get togethers, hopefully Doria is able to join them for the holiday.

LaRae

[...]

Still hoping for Christmas photos! They have some beautiful options as backdrops on their new property!

Not sure where CA is at on their Covid requirements when it comes to family get togethers, hopefully Doria is able to join them for the holiday.

LaRae

Pranter-So like in many places around the world, COVID 19 restrictions are changing. The state of California previously had its counties on a color coded tier system for restrictions but now counties are grouped by region. SB Co. falls into the Southern California region and is under very strict restrictions. Here's the information regarding leisure travel to SB Co. from other parts of the state/nation/world through the end of December 2020.

Since Doria likely does not fall under the category of essential traveler, I doubt that she will be coming to Santa Barbara Co. for Christmas. Likewise the Sussexes should not be traveling to Los Angeles Co. where Doria lives.

https://santabarbaraca.com/plan-your-trip/know-before-you-go/covid-19-information/

When is the right time to visit Santa Barbara?
Due to the increased spread of COVID-19 within Southern California, Governor Gavin Newsom has issued a Regional Stay at Home Order, effective at 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, December 6, 2020. During this time, leisure travel to Santa Barbara and Southern California is restricted for a minimum of three weeks.
I am an essential traveler, coming for work, quarantining, or caring for others. Am I allowed to travel to Santa Barbara?
If you fall within the category of “essential traveler,” including medical first responders, workers in essential sectors, those self-isolating/quarantining, or caring for vulnerable people, you are allowed to travel to the Santa Barbara South Coast and stay in open hotels and other lodging properties.
I will note that the following counties: San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara and Ventura all sought to have their respective counties removed from the Southern California Designation but as far as I know their appeal to Sacramento was unsuccessful. https://www.noozhawk.com/article/sa...moval_from_socal_region_covid_19_restrictions

Unless Doria is staying with them. Seems like she was this summer. No idea if that is still the case though.

Pranter-So like in many places around the world, COVID 19 restrictions are changing. The state of California previously had its counties on a color coded tier system for restrictions but now counties are grouped by region. SB Co. falls into the Southern California region and is under very strict restrictions. Here's the information regarding leisure travel to SB Co. from other parts of the state/nation/world through the end of December 2020.

Since Doria likely does not fall under the category of essential traveler, I doubt that she will be coming to Santa Barbara Co. for Christmas. Likewise the Sussexes should not be traveling to Los Angeles Co. where Doria lives.

https://santabarbaraca.com/plan-your-trip/know-before-you-go/covid-19-information/

I will note that the following counties: San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara and Ventura all sought to have their respective counties removed from the Southern California Designation but as far as I know their appeal to Sacramento was unsuccessful. https://www.noozhawk.com/article/sa...moval_from_socal_region_covid_19_restrictions

Thanks for the info! Here in the midwest where we are we do not have these types of restrictions.

I had wondered if Doria would move onto their property but I guess we would not know unless they announced it.

LaRae

:previous: You're welcome Pranter. I agree that the Sussexes likely would have made an announcement if Doria had chosen to settle permanently at their home.

Unless Doria is staying with them. Seems like she was this summer. No idea if that is still the case though.

Not sure how you managed to reach that conclusion, was this reported by the Sussexes PR?
Doria still has her own career and life (granted under covid restriction) isn't she working at the elderly home?

Not sure how you managed to reach that conclusion, was this reported by the Sussexes PR?
Doria still has her own career and life (granted under covid restriction) isn't she working at the elderly home?

wasn't ther a picture of Archie with his grandmother? If so, presumably they are living togehter or she wouldn't be able to be with him...

:previous: Denville the photo of Doria and Archie was taken during the late spring/early summer when the Sussexes were still living in Tyler Perry's Los Angeles home. I don't believe that she's moved to Montecito with them.

Not sure what her working has to do with her maybe staying with her daughter during these Covid times. Over the summer it did seem like she was spending a lot of time with Harry and Meghan as a few pap pictures did turn up with her at Tyler's home. I wouldn't be surprised if she continued when they relocated.

It would seem she has moved out of her old house. Paps used to watch her home quite a bit and apparently no one has been there for while. But she could have also just moved to a more secure location.

Also why would they announce Doria lives when them? It is literally none of our business.

:previous: Denville the photo of Doria and Archie was taken during the late spring/early summer when the Sussexes were still living in Tyler Perry's Los Angeles home. I don't believe that she's moved to Montecito with them.
but even then, i thought that she'd have had to be careful unless she was actually sharing the house with them...and given restrictions, if she had moved in then, perhaps she moved with them, so as to be able to see her grandchild...

I understood (and perhaps this is incorrect) Doria had retired from her job and was just teaching yoga on the side at a little studio.

LaRae

I understood (and perhaps this is incorrect) Doria had retired from her job and was just teaching yoga on the side at a little studio.

LaRae

I'd say she's probably living with them and helping with baby sitting.

I think if they want to put out a Christmas pic of the family, it will be on their Facebook page. They are now PRIVATE, so they are not obligated to post photos at all. The best to them all, for the Holidays.

:previous: I disagree. At this point in time couple do not have an official social media account. If the Sussexes choose to officially share a Christmas card photo, it will likely be done through their own communications team. Often times I believe that royals release an official one publicly but also have a different set that are sent to close family and friends.

However if they decide to send out photo cards and someone on the list chooses to share it via social media or the tabloids, then I don't believe that the Sussexes will say anything about it. Charities seem to do this when they receive a card from the Prince of Wales, the Wessexes etc.. Then again that recipient might not be on the list in 2021.;)

One of the charities that Meghan is a patron of, shared the Christmas Card. The original photo was taken by Doria earlier this month and the Christmas decorations were picked out by Archie.

Family spokesman: “The original photo of the family was taken at their home earlier this month by The Duchess’s mother. The small Christmas tree, including the homemade ornaments and other decorations, were selected by Archie, and the tree will be replanted after the holidays.”

Last edited:
Awww. This is very sweet looking. Also they donated to three charities.

Archie is so big now. All that hair and looks like he is kinda ginger. Or blondest brown. The dogs too. Very very cute.

The first thing I noticed of course is how much Archie has grown. He's an adorable little boy now, not a cute baby! And the dog members of the family being there as well is great. A lovely little family enjoying the sunshine in the grounds of their home and looking very happy together. And Doria took the photo, so I would guess she has been staying there for some time.

This is such a sweet image and you can tell what a tight and happy family unit they are! I also love that it was taken by Doria.

I do have to say that I wish they had released a picture version rather than this artistic style version. While you can certainly tell who’s who, none of the figures have distinct features and I wish we could see that (in fact, I actually thought that their lab was a trash bag at first). I’m not sure if the intent was to obscure Archie’s features to give him a bit of privacy/protection or if they just wanted to be creative with it, but I wish we got to see THEM rather than a blurred rendering.

This is such a sweet image and you can tell what a tight and happy family unit they are! I also love that it was taken by Doria.

I do have to say that I wish they had released a picture version rather than this artistic style version. While you can certainly tell who’s who, none of the figures have distinct features and I wish we could see that (in fact, I actually thought that their lab was a trash bag at first). I’m not sure if the intent was to obscure Archie’s features to give him a bit of privacy/protection or if they just wanted to be creative with it, but I wish we got to see THEM rather than a blurred rendering.

I agree 100%. Love the image and that it was snapped by Archie's grandmother. Still I really wish that we could view a clear image of Archie as it's been many months since we've had an updated photo. Toddlers change so quickly during this time and it would have been so fun to see how he's developed from infant to toddler/

Looks like an Enid Blyton 1950's cover. I mean seriously like a 30's picture of Princesses Elizabeth and Margaret Rose. I happen to think we have no right to see Archie. He isn't his cousins and therefore it is possible for him to have a private life. In a way no member so close to the royal family have ever had.

Really don't like the card. Last year's was actually lovely...this is a book cover to a children's book. But it is so them.

Last edited:
A very creative and different Christmas card from usual! Lovely photo of the Sussexes.

Its a charming old style card, sure I wish we had a real image but this is very neat, something more artistic.

LaRae

Apparently Archie is a redhead ! I am delighted !

I agree 100%. Love the image and that it was snapped by Archie's grandmother. Still I really wish that we could view a clear image of Archie as it's been many months since we've had an updated photo. Toddlers change so quickly during this time and it would have been so fun to see how he's developed from infant to toddler/

I really love the card, it’s so artistic and unique, but I also would have liked to have seen the original...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom