The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 1: September-December 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Harry's wishing his friend well has nothing to do with his attitude to the BBC. Its (a) a well meant gesture and (b) Harry trying to publicise himself as they did with the Rem Sunday photos.

I believe one of the greatest mistakes Harry could ever make would be to use their Netflix contract to present *any* kind of a version of events pertaining to the Royal Family. If he's wise, he'll steer far, far away from that subject and focus on other things that really need more attention.

We don't need "Harry: In His Own Words" at all.

When has Harry and/or Meghan ever stated that they are going to produce a TV Netflix show of any kind featuring the Royal Family? The only member of the BRF to do that was Edward Wessex years ago.

The British tabloids have loved to imply that the Sussexes are going to produce some earth shattering TV special attacking Harry's father, grandmother, brother etc since the news of the Netflix deal, but without any evidence to back those assertions at all. After all, the same thing was said again and again for years about Doria, ie that she was about to tell all about Meghan and Harry to Oprah or Gayle King and nothing happened.

If there are strong non-tabloid sources that state that the Sussexes are going to produce a tell-all documentary about their lives within and departure from the Royal family, then let's have it! Otherwise it's just tabloid speculation, in other words, baseless rubbish.

Last edited:
When has Harry and/or Meghan ever stated that they are going to produce a TV Netflix show of any kind featuring the Royal Family? The only member of the BRF to do that was Edward Wessex years ago.

The British tabloids have loved to imply that the Sussexes are going to produce some earth shattering TV special attacking Harry's father, grandmother, brother etc since the news of the Netflix deal, but without any evidence to back those assertions at all. After all, the same thing was said again and again for years about Doria, ie that she was about to tell all about Meghan and Harry to Oprah or Gayle King and nothing happened.

If there are strong non-tabloid sources that state that the Sussexes are going to produce a tell-all documentary about their lives within and departure from the Royal family, then let's have it! Otherwise it's just tabloid speculation, in other words, baseless rubbish.

My response was to Muriel as my post immediately followed hers. She had said:

It will allow Harry to put out the version of events as he would like to, unlike other close members of the family who will not. Perhaps a Netflix special.

I stand by my opinion that using Netflix to "air" his side of things would be the grandest mistake he could possibly make.

Yes, osipi, but the point is that no evidence has ever come forth, apart from tabloid scuttlebut and subsequent Twitter gossip, that Harry has wanted to do or intends to do anything of the kind in the future.

Is that wise? I think that increasingly, the general public have just gotten sick of Harry and Meghan. Any "explaining" on their part will only add to that feeling of irritated dislike

Of course it is not wise. But is wise a term one associates with Harry these days?

Then why juxtaposition Harry's private support for his friend JJ's appearance on a BBC show with his and Meghan's deal with Netflix? Posters haven't been discussing Netflix on this thread for weeks. The last few days posts have mostly been about Harry's support for a contestant on Strictly Come Dancing who happens to be an old and dear friend of his.

I have not made any such comment

By the way, which man in grey at the Palace dropped the delightful little titbit into the maw of the Times about Harry's wreath not being allowed to be laid, thereby publicly humiliating and hurting a man who has done more for veterans than any Palace Manderin ever dreamed of.

It was 'a source close to the Duke' (Hazza) that confirmed the wreath story to Harpers Bazaar according to their own article

Yes, osipi, but the point is that no evidence has ever come forth, apart from tabloid scuttlebut and subsequent Twitter gossip, that Harry has wanted to do or intends to do anything of the kind in the future.

No one stated that it was even suggested anywhere that Harry would do such a thing. Muriel's response was to someone else. The "Harry does his version on Netflix" has *only* cropped up here in recent posts and no where else to my knowledge. It was used in a "could be, maybe, possibly" context. ?

No one stated that it was even suggested anywhere that Harry would do such a thing. Muriel's response was to someone else. The "Harry does his version on Netflix" has *only* cropped up here in recent posts and no where else to my knowledge. It was used in a "could be, maybe, possibly" context. ?

There was an article about it on my phone on Smart News. I think it came from the Mail. I can't find it now but as I recall it was an opinion piece not by Piers Morgan.

Since when do we report opinion pieces in the DM as if they are fact? No wonder people talk about fake news as opposed to real stirring.

interesting this happened days ago and no one knew until a fan spotted a post on social media. They probably out volunteering like this quite a lot.

Yeah but it’s Meghan Or at least the couple together the Press Fall all over themselves to see And photo and report on. If they were out regularly like this believe me we would be aware.

We have already learned of other places they volunteered at without the press knowing about. Some even multiple days being there. We learn of some and not of others. That just how it goes.

Good on Harry for doing this quietly and without fuss. Helping his fellow vets is where he shines and I'm sure he gained some satisfaction from it as well.

We have already learned of other places they volunteered at without the press knowing about. Some even multiple days being there. We learn of some and not of others. That just how it goes.
Where? They did a day or 2 voluntering some months ago delivering meals and it was reveald and then presumably they stopped. I have not heard of any other low key work. And after their being criticised over their behaviour at Rem Sunday, now they are seen doing something?

Harry and Meghan have done other charity work, they worked for instance serving meals in a food kitchen some time ago. We don't know whether they continued on there or not.

This latest venture was Harry on his own without Meghan, doing the distributing of food parcels for vets. And as it was a week ago it might well have been just after Remembrance Day, so whatever criticism there was over that may not have reached him. However, he's apparently going to be criticised for this as well.

Where are you getting this please? Because our 24/7 Social media, press and virtually every person having a Smart phone Culture just suddenly decided to ignore the activities of the the Sussex.s? Yeah, ok. If nothing else These are people who hire a photographer to follow them.

Where are you getting this please? Because our 24/7 Social media, press and virtually every person having a Smart phone Culture just suddenly decided to ignore the activities of the the Sussex.s? Yeah, ok. If nothing else These are people who hire a photographer to follow them.

I haven't heard of them doing any volunteering other than a couple of days back in maybe May, delivering food. If they have done work privately that's admirable.. but I find it hard to believe that they managed to keep it private. Esp given the photographer at the war cemetery.

When they visited the school it was stated they had been there other days volunteering prior to going public. When they delivered the food we also learned they did it multiple days prior before it was exposed by the media. Listening to their recent interviews we learned of other interactions. Yes some of it is publicized but not sure why it is so hard to believe that some is not. Kind of like when Meghan visited the girls school that no one knew she did until some time later. And again only knew cause the school revealed it.

Exactly. The point is everything is gonna be revealed By or to the press either immediately or a few days later. They don’t do anything in public completely anonymously.Too be fair They could not be even if actually really desired it That’s Simply not the way 21st century pop/celeb culture works. Unless Of course they made everyone sign non disclosure agreements and you know Harry and Meghan aren’t about that at all.

Exactly. The point is everything is gonna be revealed By or to the press either immediately or a few days later. They don’t do anything in public completely anonymously.Too be fair They could not be even if actually really desired it That’s Simply not the way 21st century pop/celeb culture works. Unless Of course they made everyone sign non disclosure agreements and you know Harry and Meghan aren’t about that at all.

As far as I can see, they do a couple of things, maybe 2 or 3 since Lockdown, and it is always revealed by someone. So they know this is going to happen.. the only way they could stop it is by insisting that people sign non disclosure agreements with teeth, and I agree, Meg and harry aren't going to do that. They took a photographer with them to do the walk in the cemetery.. so I can't imagine that they want their charity acts to be kept private.

Charities thrive on publicity for their causes, and every charity Harry and Meghan have visited, every endeavour theyve shone the spotlight on (like the TeensTalk programme which gained hundreds of new donors and supporters) have been delighted to have them do it.

True but do you really think it’s all completely altruistic? These celebs also get great publicity and let’s be honest an ego boost from these appearances. One hand shakes the other. They are not special snowflakes for doing what any celeb/starlets do from time to time that will bring a certain charity cause funds or attention. But the original point they will never do anything completely anonymously either by choice or not.

Thats not the point -charity work - should be done privately. Meg and Harry are private people and most private people do things like volunteer for a soup kitchen or go to an old people's home or visit someone.. They dont put it on the internet, or take photographs.. Royals do charity visits in a different way - they do it in order to bring attention to the charity, so they do have publicity around it. but Meg and Harry said that they wnated more freedom to do charity work in thier own way, and that they didn't want to be working royals.... and that they were both very stressed by the PR aspects of their royal life...

The copyright of the photos is "Walker family events foundation" who were part of running the event so presumably put then on their Instagram to get attention to the event with Harry's permission/agreement to show he's volunteering without the outright "from the office of the DDOS" "photoshoots" again. This wasn't just someone with a camera phone selling candids to the DM.

Senior members of the BRF and celebrities can and do volunteer privately, Meghan herself made trips to the Hubb Kitchen without it being well known, although IIRC the press did know. I kind of assume a lot of the time that photos like this come out that the Sussexes and any other celebrities in their position want then to get out, one way or another.

I believe Harry was sincere in wanting to help a Veterans event and good for him but I doubt he's unhappy someone posted the pics either.

Last edited:
Thats not the point -charity work - should be done privately. Meg and Harry are private people and most private people do things like volunteer for a soup kitchen or go to an old people's home or visit someone.. They dont put it on the internet, or take photographs.. Royals do charity visits in a different way - they do it in order to bring attention to the charity, so they do have publicity around it. but Meg and Harry said that they wnated more freedom to do charity work in thier own way, and that they didn't want to be working royals.... and that they were both very stressed by the PR aspects of their royal life...

Really? The rest of the family didnt get that memo evidently ...not to mention other high profile folks!

When you are trying to gather support or make a charity known you want ppl to know about it!

They are doing charity work their own way, who are you to say they must or must not do XYZ?

LaRae

Really? The rest of the family didnt get that memo evidently ...not to mention other high profile folks!

When you are trying to gather support or make a charity known you want ppl to know about it!

They are doing charity work their own way, who are you to say they must or must not do XYZ?

LaRae
I can give my opinion, which is that ideally charity work shoudl be done privately. In today's world, however it has become a way for celebs to get noticed...
And with regard to the RF as I pointed out, they are there to publicise the charity, but Harry and Meg walked out of the RF and royal life. Harry said that he found being photographed and watched by the meida stressful.. so why embark on a new career where he er brings a photographer along with him when he does a memorial event? or where he can expect the press or other photographers to take pics of him doing his charity work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom