The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 1: September-December 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You need to keep your flying hours up each year about 200 hours for a light aircraft. (Used to be). He hasn't piloted apparently in the last six years after leaving the Army. Also he would need to learn how to fly civilian aircraft/choppers as there are different rules from military craft to civilian craft.
So the entire DM story sounds like a beatup.

Last edited:
I'm glad the Windsors are also doing their bit to still keep in touch with Meghan and Harry. Lovely to hear that Charles organised the Zoom call - he seems to be very caring, particularly for his family.

I'm glad the Windsors are also doing their bit to still keep in touch with Meghan and Harry. Lovely to hear that Charles organised the Zoom call - he seems to be very caring, particularly for his family.

I love that even though there’s hurt between them that they aren’t letting it divide them. There are many families who allow hurt and anger to divide them...Here, it appears that’s not the case, and that means the wounds can heal.

At this time, I would like to remind everyone of the following TRF rule:
  • Whenever possible, opinions should be based on factual information obtained from reputable sources and should be backed up by references to those sources. The moderators reserve the right to delete posts containing the more fanciful types of gossip and speculation, whether they originate in gossip magazines and websites or are simply fabricated.
Additional speculative posts will be deleted without notice.

If you have any questions, please contact a moderator via PM.

Curious as to know why "sources" feel the need to share this sort of private intimate information. Even more puzzled as to why the British media continues to report this sort of stuff.

Last edited:
Most likely as a positive counterbalance to all the negative reports we've relentlessly had for the last few months of an apparent fracture in relations between Harry & Meghan and the Royal Family. I personally welcome seeing a more positive report on the matter for a change.

I can see the logic in that. I do wonder what the level of interest is in Britain now. I suspect many would be happy for a period of silence but that's just a guess.

Curious as to know why "sources" feel the need to share this sort of private intimate information. Even more puzzled as to why the British media continues to report this sort of stuff.

Can you imagine the press if HM and PC had not done that?

Most likely as a positive counterbalance to all the negative reports we've relentlessly had for the last few months of an apparent fracture in relations between Harry & Meghan and the Royal Family. I personally welcome seeing a more positive report on the matter for a change.

I’m also very glad for it. I’m frankly tired of being so negative - and I enjoy seeing the family “together”. It makes me feel good in spite of the book and all that’s gone down..

Prince Harry doesn’t look happy at all.

Not sure where to put this, but, Harry and Meghan speaking on the importance of voting in the US.

i think this is out of line. basically a hodge podge of their 2 'new life' initiatives - voting and hate speech.

voting: it is ironic because harry never voted and he is not even a US citizen so this feels like an inappropriate thing for him to be involved in. but obviously without him, meghan's presence feels like it lacks momentum.

hate speech: again, rather ironic as their involvement with the 'sussex squad' is now documented, and the involvement of people close to them in bashing the rest of the RF is also rather suspicious.

it is quite obvious that they have not thought this through and just jumped on what is the topic of the moment to make themselves relevant. they think that because of who they are they can do anything that springs to mind and that is a 'hot' topic.

Not sure where to put this, but, Harry and Meghan speaking on the importance of voting in the US.

i think this is out of line. basically a hodge podge of their 2 'new life' initiatives - voting and hate speech.

voting: it is ironic because harry never voted and he is not even a US citizen so this feels like an inappropriate thing for him to be involved in. but obviously without him, meghan's presence feels like it lacks momentum.

hate speech: again, rather ironic as their involvement with the 'sussex squad' is now documented, and the involvement of people close to them in bashing the rest of the RF is also rather suspicious.

it is quite obvious that they have not thought this through and just jumped on what is the topic of the moment to make themselves relevant. they think that because of who they are they can do anything that springs to mind and that is a 'hot' topic.

Not quite sure why Harry feels the need to bring up the fact that he has never been able to vote previously?

Also the term "hate speech" is highly controversial. There has been a lot of debate for the past couple of years on how to define "hate speech" whether if it is objective or not. There is also the possibility of infringing "freedom of speech". I'm sure Harry and Meghan knows that there are speakers being banned or "de-platformed" from giving presentation to university campuses due to "hate speech", (because some student activists just don't agree or like the speakers' opinions or they don't feel comfortable listening to it). If not, they are very much mistaken.

Last edited:
I really believed them when they said they quit the Royal Family to get privacy....How stupid I am !

:previous:

And those people who were sceptical of their move to leave as senior working royals due to privacy certainly feel vindicated right now

Why, because they appeared for a few minutes on a TV show talking about the importance of voting, something Meghan has been involved with for some time?

The Sussexes never stated that they were leaving Britain to gain privacy anyway. They wanted independence and a new life. And it is now late September. The couple left Britain for North America in March.

I could understand if they had opened their new home and family up to glossy magazines, been seen wining and dining with celebrities every night since going to the US, or made an appearance by Zoom at the Emmys, or something of that nature but there's been none of that at all.

The Sussex request for privacy means the press has no right to demand they trot out their son to get pictures of him to make money for the press. Or weaponize disgruntled family members, using family issues that should remain private to smear you in the media for money. Trust, the Sussex Squad are going to remind these reporters how some senior members of the BRF got into politics and bring receipts in the form of press clippings.

As for voting, Harry is clarifying he simply can't vote; he's not a US citizen after all and it doesn't mean he plans to become one and whatever protocol that were in place to prohibit him to vote in the UK.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Sussex squad aren't the only doing the bashing. Reading the Insta accounts of the Royal Family is downright depressing. There is so much vitriol on there and has been on there for quite a while. Which is a bit surprising given their involvement with online harrassment. As far as I'm concerned there is a responsibility with the "owners" of these pages to keep them vitriol free. Especially when it is directed an a family member. It makes me wonder if they even care.

Regardless of who you are, it is tone deaf to direct a message to citizens about politics, voting, and Constitutional issues in a country you have lived in for six months. It's rude.

I have had the good fortune of spending time visiting and living abroad, and I can't imagine telling the citizens of those countries my opinion about the importance of their voting in an election or my two cents about the politics surrounding ongoing elections or political issues. On occasions when the citizens of those nations have spoken with me about their feelings about these issues, I have engaged by asking questions and listening. This is a matter of common decency and respect, I have always thought.

Not quite sure why Harry feels the need to bring up the fact that he has never been able to vote previously?

Exactly. Meghan also mentioned it earlier. It's quite bizarre...

In the Netherlands we recently had the US ambassador actively sponsor a fundraising event of one of the more controversial political parties by hosting them at the Embassy, that's a bit more extreme but Harry should definitely stay out of US politics and not (somewhat) present himself as a victim of voting oppression.

The Sussex squad aren't the only doing the bashing. Reading the Insta accounts of the Royal Family is downright depressing. There is so much vitriol on there and has been on there for quite a while. Which is a bit surprising given their involvement with online harrassment. As far as I'm concerned there is a responsibility with the "owners" of these pages to keep them vitriol free. Especially when it is directed an a family member. It makes me wonder if they even care.

Unlike Harry and Meghan, members of the BRF didn't personally thanked those commenters though. And lets not forget that when it was active, the SussexRoyal IG also had vitriol directed at other royals, but Harry and Meghan didn't remove those comments.

I really don't think this is appropriate. It's not Harry's place to be lecturing the American electorate on what they should or shouldn't be doing.

The Sussex request for privacy means the press has no right to demand they trot out their son to get pictures of him to make money for the press. Or weaponize disgruntled family members, using family issues that should remain private to smear you in the media for money. Trust, the Sussex Squad are going to remind these reporters how some senior members of the BRF got into politics and bring receipts in the form of press clippings. If they want to pull titles, start with Andrew; and have proof the Sussexes committed treason in the UK.

As for voting, Harry is clarifying he simply can't vote; he's not a US citizen after all and it doesn't mean he plans to become one and whatever protocol that were in place to prohibit him to vote in the UK.

The issue isn't exactly about why he can't vote, but about the fact that he and his wife who currently live in a country that literally fought a bloody war to get rid of royals like themselves telling its citizen what to do.

BRAVO AC2109..and HighGoal....

...”It’s time to not only reflect, but act” from The Duke of Sussex, so I shall...

In the electoral season, having a member of a foreign Royal Family telling me to delve into my conscience is offensive. However anyone wants to spin this, it’s rude..,.it’s discourteous to American citizens.

I am commenting again as I just read the BBC article where Harry's spokesman commented that "His message is not in reference to any specific political party or candidate, but is instead a call for decency in how we engage with each other, interact, and consume information - especially online."

I am shocked by how rude this comment is (not the statement from the spokesman, but Harry's), even more so than I found Harry's statement without the clarification. Of course, if Harry was calling for these things in general, that would be one thing, but he is calling for them specifically in the context of another country's election.

I cannot imagine sitting in a pub in the UK with an election upcoming and saying to a local resident, "You know, with the vote around the corner, you all really should be a bit kinder to each other and watch what you say and not spread what I as an outsider think is false information." It would be the height of rudeness and I can imagine being asked to leave.

Not to mention that with what many American citizens feel they have at stake in the current political climate, someone who is not a citizen here and therefore does not have those things at stake coming in and telling people who feel victimized and unheard to "be kind" and "not spread negativity"... it's not on.

You just don't go to other people's countries and comment on how they are conducting themselves in their elections and sensitive political processes, no matter who you are. It's culturally insensitive.

“But many of you may not know I haven’t been able to vote in the UK my entire life”.

What on earth is he talking about? How can a man who has had all the advantages of the best education on the planet say something so foolish?

I am commenting again as I just read the BBC article where Harry's spokesman commented that "His message is not in reference to any specific political party or candidate, but is instead a call for decency in how we engage with each other, interact, and consume information - especially online."

I am shocked by how rude this comment is (not the statement from the spokesman, but Harry's), even more so than I found Harry's statement without the clarification. Of course, if Harry was calling for these things in general, that would be one thing, but he is calling for them specifically in the context of another country's election.

I cannot imagine sitting in a pub in the UK with an election upcoming and saying to a local resident, "You know, with the vote around the corner, you all really should be a bit kinder to each other and watch what you say and not spread what I as an outsider think is false information." It would be the height of rudeness and I can imagine being asked to leave.

Not to mention that with what many American citizens feel they have at stake in the current political climate, someone who is not a citizen here and therefore does not have those things at stake coming in and telling people who feel victimized and unheard to "be kind" and "not spread negativity"... it's not on.

You just don't go to other people's countries and comment on how they are conducting themselves in their elections and sensitive political processes, no matter who you are. It's culturally insensitive.

This exactly!! I totally agree. As an American, I find their statements highly offensive. Harry needs to keep his mouth shut. In my opinion, as long as Meghan refers to herself as the Duchess of Sussex, she needs to keep hers shut too. She is an American citizen, but by using her Duchess of Sussex title, she is identifying herself as a member of the royal family, who are supposed to act apolitically. This behavior by them should be the final straw for the Queen and Parliament. If they want to act in ways that members of the royal family should not act, they need to be stripped of their titles and Harry needs to be removed from the line of succession. If they really want their independence from the Royal Family, they should be the ones to renounce their titles and he give up his place in the line of succession. I am truly amazed at their gall! I can't imagine that the Queen is going to allow this to continue without some sort of intervention. I really feel for her, too, because she has given her whole life to the UK and Commonwealth, and now in her advanced years, her grandson is behaving like he is. How dare he treat her this way!! It really makes me mad!

Why does Harry and Meghan think people are listen to them? The need to be in front of a camera and be seen and noticed is getting a bit to much . I remember all these wanna bees and has been actors feel that they are important enough to influence the public?? should take a good look in the mirror, they may not like what they see, if they are honest to them self. Meghan is an American, but Harry is not. I think he should say nothing, it may reflect bad on him, he should have no opinion. This may sound unkind but it is not meant this way,Harry needs to be there beside her or no one wants to listen to her,or is it insecurity on her side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom