The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2020, 05:52 AM
Heir Apparent

They will mock and criticize them breathing. That’s not really saying much. This is a big example as they writing silly articles about standard trademarking practices. But ya know.. gotta fill those columns.

Old 12-08-2020, 05:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyDrx View Post
The thing is, there are many people who got it worse than Harry, and they don't complain about it as much as he does. I think some people simply don't like it when people with privileges complains about their problems, especially when those problems seems trivial to most people.
The thing is that what seems trivial to one person can be a dire situation for another. Having privileges doesn't mean life is any easier. The poem "Richard Cory" by Edwin Arlington Robinson comes to mind.

https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poe...2/richard-cory

Right now both Harry and Meghan are striving to establish themselves as private individuals that were once part of a royal institution and are trying to be relevant in today's world. I do think this "awards" thing kind of goes along the lines of "The Duke of Edinburgh Award" and "The Diana Award" schemes and perhaps it will be a good thing but I don't see it gaining traction and attention as much as the already established ones do. I don't think Harry and Meghan have retained the drawing power they once held as working royals. I hope to be proven wrong though.

Old 12-08-2020, 06:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Harry and Meghan have already denied this awards rumor created by the tabloids. They put out a statement yesterday.
Old 12-08-2020, 06:32 AM
Imperial Majesty

Thanks, ACO. I must have missed that statement.
Old 12-08-2020, 07:43 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
Harry and Meghan have already denied this awards rumor created by the tabloids. They put out a statement yesterday.

I think what made it believable was that they did that weird stunt where they tried to compete with the royals for their wreath laying ceremony. Bringing a photographer and dressing up was ridiculous. They should have just done some sort of volunteer work on November 11 if they wanted to go there.
Old 12-08-2020, 08:51 AM
Courtier

Quote:

Well that's not accurate:
Quote:
We look forward to sharing more about Archewell's work in the weeks ahead but any suggestion that it is intended to rival the UK honours list is false," said the couple in the statement.
That's not a denial that any awards would not be given, but simply a denial that it was not going to "rival the UK honours list"

also Harry In January to fake Greta:

"Small steps or giving out prizes doesn't make a difference these days."

The jokes keep writing themselves. This is why I keep following, they need to hire ELF maybe he can still salvage their reputation, I mean he did it for Harry, before Harry screwed it up.
Old 12-08-2020, 09:28 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolvingdoors View Post
Well that's not accurate:

That's not a denial that any awards would not be given, but simply a denial that it was not going to "rival the UK honours list"

also Harry In January to fake Greta:

"Small steps or giving out prizes doesn't make a difference these days."

The jokes keep writing themselves. This is why I keep following, they need to hire ELF maybe he can still salvage their reputation, I mean he did it for Harry, before Harry screwed it up.

That's precisely what I wrote a few days ago, I'm glad I'm not the only one who prefers ELF's approach to PR instead of Sunshine Sachs' way.
Old 12-08-2020, 09:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
IMO, the biggest problem in all of this is not the team around them, it is the Principals themselves.
Old 12-08-2020, 09:40 AM
Heir Apparent

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...cid=uxbndlbing

Toya Holness, press secretary for Archewell, told Newsweek: "We look forward to sharing more about Archewell's work in the weeks ahead but any suggestion that it is intended to rival the U.K. honors list is false.

"Furthermore, the trademark application has followed the normal course of business for the U.S. Trademark process and any suggestion otherwise is also false."

A Sussex source told Newsweek there currently are no awards planned and the move simply was designed to protect a range of future options.

They said it was part of the routine procedure in filing trademark applications.

The source said: "Could Archewell at some point in the not too distant future give out grants to another organization, could it give out prizes?

"Of course it could. But we haven't got that in the planning. If you're creating a new philanthropic organization, to rule that out would be silly but it's not something that is in development."
Old 12-08-2020, 09:46 AM
Courtier

Quote:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...cid=uxbndlbing

Toya Holness, press secretary for Archewell, told Newsweek: "We look forward to sharing more about Archewell's work in the weeks ahead but any suggestion that it is intended to rival the U.K. honors list is false.

"Furthermore, the trademark application has followed the normal course of business for the U.S. Trademark process and any suggestion otherwise is also false."

A Sussex source told Newsweek there currently are no awards planned and the move simply was designed to protect a range of future options.

They said it was part of the routine procedure in filing trademark applications.

The source said: "Could Archewell at some point in the not too distant future give out grants to another organization, could it give out prizes?

"Of course it could. But we haven't got that in the planning. If you're creating a new philanthropic organization, to rule that out would be silly but it's not something that is in development."
Still not a denial that no awards would be given just that it would not "rival the U.K. honors list"
Old 12-08-2020, 10:09 AM
Imperial Majesty

Right now it sounds like they're trying to cover all the bases as far as Archewell is concerned with the trademark. I would think that the organization would have to be in force and actually bringing in funds before even thinking of awarding cash prizes/awards for anything. In the future, maybe but at the start of a brand new venture? I don't think so.
Old 12-08-2020, 06:05 PM
Serene Highness

According to Roya Nikkhah, Harry has praised the Ministry of Defence for announcing that mental fitness will become mandatory in military training.
Roya Nikkhah @RoyaNikkhah
The Duke of Sussex has hailed today’s announcement by @DefenceHQ
that mental fitness will become mandatory in military training: “This is an amazing step forward for the British military and furthers the global leadership of our Armed Forces. There should be no difference between
7:05 AM · Dec 9, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

Replying to @RoyaNikkhah
how we view our physical fitness and mental fitness and training both will help our service men and women excel, as well as being best prepared for what they may face, in any situation. Over the years it has been an honour to work alongside the service chiefs and the Ministry
7:07 AM · Dec 9, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

Replying to @RoyaNikkhah
of Defence on projects such as HeadFIT, and I am delighted to see such a significant step... Mental fitness will become a daily practice adopted by all of us as a means to unlock potential in every aspect of our lives.”
7:09 AM · Dec 9, 2020·Twitter for iPhone
https://twitter.com/RoyaNikkhah/stat...01550693060608
Old 12-08-2020, 06:18 PM
Majesty

Harry has advocated for more mental health assistance for both vets and serving members of the armed forces for many years, so it's no surprise to see him welcome this. It's been a long time coming and he's obviously pleased.
Old 12-08-2020, 06:28 PM
Nobility

Was there any kind of official statement, or did he just call her up and tell her that? Or maybe she called him? This seems like something that could have been a press release, but maybe they aren't doing that anymore.
Old 12-09-2020, 04:18 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC21091968 View Post
According to Roya Nikkhah, Harry has praised the Ministry of Defence for announcing that mental fitness will become mandatory in military training.
The Duke of Sussex has hailed today’s announcement by @DefenceHQ
that mental fitness will become mandatory in military training: “This is an amazing step forward for the British military and furthers the global leadership of our Armed Forces. There should be no difference between
7:05 AM · Dec 9, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

Replying to @RoyaNikkhah
how we view our physical fitness and mental fitness and training both will help our service men and women excel, as well as being best prepared for what they may face, in any situation. Over the years it has been an honour to work alongside the service chiefs and the Ministry
7:07 AM · Dec 9, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

Replying to @RoyaNikkhah
of Defence on projects such as HeadFIT, and I am delighted to see such a significant step... Mental fitness will become a daily practice adopted by all of us as a means to unlock potential in every aspect of our lives.”
7:09 AM · Dec 9, 2020·Twitter for iPhone
https://twitter.com/RoyaNikkhah/stat...01550693060608

So Jack Royson was actually the first to post about it, beating Roya by about 40 min (yes yes I checked the time stamp).
So I think he released a statement to the press via his PR

And he is getting a full blown snark evisceration on Jack's account.
I would argue that a very long statement. (Omid has it on his page, there's like 3 whole paragraphs), that being said, it's better written than his recent raindrops zoom - it actually sounds like Harry!. So whoever wrote this for him, good job!. except that final three lines...
Old 12-09-2020, 09:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

Causes that have something to do with veterans and the military is an area where Harry is very fluent and informed. Being in the military was a big part of his life even as a child. He dreamt of being in the military and played at being in the military as a kid. He served with gusto and I believe it was some of the best years of his life.

This is definitely an area that Harry excels in.
Old 12-09-2020, 10:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
So Jack Royson was actually the first to post about it, beating Roya by about 40 min (yes yes I checked the time stamp).
So I think he released a statement to the press via his PR

And he is getting a full blown snark evisceration on Jack's account.
I would argue that a very long statement. (Omid has it on his page, there's like 3 whole paragraphs), that being said, it's better written than his recent raindrops zoom - it actually sounds like Harry!. So whoever wrote this for him, good job!. except that final three lines...
Veterans’ issues, especially veterans’ mental health, is one of Harry’s real passion projects. I can always tell when he’s talking about one of “his” passion vs. one of Meghan’s that he’s just echoing (literally using some of her own words when talking about them)... very genuine, no “woke/enlightened buzzword salad” that makes little sense or makes him look ridiculous (I still cringe thinking about the raindrops!)... he sounds much more like “the old Harry” who wanted to be seen as “one of the blokes” and connect with them on their level.
Old 12-11-2020, 03:45 AM
Courtier

Since I put up the original post I thought I'd add that they have picked the four finalists for Time's Person of The Year and Harry and Meghan weren't among them. I think it was both presidential candidates which happens most years, BLM and Corona workers. I wasn't surprised - it's about who makes the most news not who is the most popular. With all that was going on Harry and Meghan weren't in the news as much as other subjects.
Old 12-11-2020, 03:51 AM
Majesty

Meghan Duchess of Sussex comes in first in a worldwide weighted survey of the popularity of British royals. She is followed by Kate Duchess of Cambridge and the Queen. Harry is fourth. Sun reports.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/13...yal-worldwide/
Old 12-11-2020, 04:45 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Meghan Duchess of Sussex comes in first in a worldwide weighted survey of the popularity of British royals. She is followed by Kate Duchess of Cambridge and the Queen. Harry is fourth. Sun reports.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/13...yal-worldwide/
I'm not sure a worldwide survey has much relevance to support in the UK (the threads title). But I suppose if your trying to develop a global brand for commercial purposes it might be useful, especially if those rumors of a reality show are correct.

Closed Thread