The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2020, 10:07 AM
Majesty

Yes, and royals also 'do it (charity work) because it is expected'. Because otherwise, even more Britons than do now would question what use exactly are they to the nation, considering the large expense to the taxpayer. And in exchange for their charity work which is certainly not fulltime, most royals are given expenses, an allowance, and often subsidised or gifted accommodation.

We don't know however, how absolutely dedicated heart and soul every Royal is to their charities. Nor do we know if they were each offered a sum like fifty million pounds and a nice villa of their own in the south of France, with no obligations to be opening a fish factory in Grimsby or a new hospital in Tumbridge Wells at which they are expected to show great interest, that any or all of them bar the Queen wouldn't choose to go off and do exactly what they wish to do, which may or may not include some charity work that they fancy occasionally.

Old 11-19-2020, 10:21 AM
Majesty

Yes Im sure that many royals also do it because it is expected. Im not sure the queen wouldnt have been a lot happier if she could take off and live in the country with her horses and dogs.

Old 11-19-2020, 11:35 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
okay - it looks like Harry and Meghan have started asking around for endorsement deals. Rather Sunshine Sachs is on their behalf. I cant see anything online - but PR people in America seem to think it is funny. (unsure why - trying to find out)
So Meghan and Harry want to be paid to wear specific clothes, watches and jewelry. And this might also include Archie.
I am told celebrities get better salaries this way then movies and that this is how David Beckham made a lot of his money. if there is any truth in this - looks like they have moved on to part 2 of how to make money. Don't you also have to appear in the commercial - or was this the way it was done in the 1990's. Now you just post it online or slip it to Omid?
I understand that royals have done this in the past, so they might have precedence. It is just we might have a situation where designers will be bidding to have their clothes at royal events.
This.. isn't exactly new news. It has been rumored for over two years now that Meghan has been merching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC21091968 View Post
He did said it, according to this tweet released from Bob Woodruff Foundation
Bob Woodruff Foundation @Stand4Heroes
Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex, said it best, "Service is what happens in the quiet and the chaos." Every dollar is impactful this year more than ever so if you can, please #donatenow to our veterans at https://standup.bobwoodrufffoundation.org #SUFH2020 #Stand4Heroes
1:14 PM Nov 19, 2020Twitter Web App
https://twitter.com/Stand4Heroes/sta...46733436641282

I watched the video on the Daily Mail and "Service is what happens in the quiet and the chaos." was said by Prince Harry.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...hotoshoot.html

Is the quoted part the entire thing he said?
Because, at least the quoted part, was.. well that was pretty well written, so not written by Meghan, because it sounds alot like the old Harry I remember reading and hearing.
Old 11-19-2020, 11:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
okay - it looks like Harry and Meghan have started asking around for endorsement deals. Rather Sunshine Sachs is on their behalf. I cant see anything online - but PR people in America seem to think it is funny. (unsure why - trying to find out)
So Meghan and Harry want to be paid to wear specific clothes, watches and jewelry. And this might also include Archie.
I am told celebrities get better salaries this way then movies and that this is how David Beckham made a lot of his money. if there is any truth in this - looks like they have moved on to part 2 of how to make money. Don't you also have to appear in the commercial - or was this the way it was done in the 1990's. Now you just post it online or slip it to Omid?
I understand that royals have done this in the past, so they might have precedence. It is just we might have a situation where designers will be bidding to have their clothes at royal events.

You don't necessarily have to appear in commercials - you can appear in magazine ads. Those endorsements ARE hugely lucrative.....

To me, this is unseemly.........and if Archie is involved, it's worse than that considering how Harry and Meghan keep harping about privacy (though, at this point, that's all empty words)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyDrx View Post
Does he not realise that his actions and his words contradicts each other?

Does he not realise how ridiculous and hypocritical he sound?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...hotoshoot.html
The answers to your questions are NO and NO.

Every time Harry opens his mouth, he puts his foot in it. He and Meghan are the living embodiment of hypocrisy; they love to tell people what they should do, but they do just the opposite.
Old 11-19-2020, 02:54 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolvingdoors View Post

Is the quoted part the entire thing he said?
Because, at least the quoted part, was.. well that was pretty well written, so not written by Meghan, because it sounds alot like the old Harry I remember reading and hearing.
No, there are more parts to his speech that probably wasn't picked up by the press and myself .

Here is the full video of Stand Up for Heroes Comedy Festival released by the ABC News youtube channel.
Old 11-20-2020, 02:17 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post

Every time Harry opens his mouth, he puts his foot in it. He and Meghan are the living embodiment of hypocrisy; they love to tell people what they should do, but they do just the opposite.
But the beauty is, they seem to have surrounded themselves with people who are unwilling to tell them so. Lets see, perhaps they do end up making some money selling their royal brand, in which case they will feel vindicated in their actions.
Old 11-20-2020, 02:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
But the beauty is, they seem to have surrounded themselves with people who are unwilling to tell them so. Lets see, perhaps they do end up making some money selling their royal brand, in which case they will feel vindicated in their actions.
Harry and Meghan dont like to be told no, so they have deliberately surrounded themselves with yes people.

Im sure they will; making money seems to be all they are about...
Old 11-20-2020, 04:29 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
Harry and Meghan dont like to be told no, so they have deliberately surrounded themselves with yes people.

Im sure they will; making money seems to be all they are about...
They have managed to get the Netflix deal, I suppose that all depends then on how well they work on it. If they come up with good programme ideas that make money, they will do all right. But I think that all through the last few months, Meghan has been "being seen" enough that they get some coverage in the media and hopefully some admiration.
Old 11-20-2020, 07:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

Thank you for posting the program.
It was wonderful program- Ray Romano is great, and what amazing stories of bravery. Also nice was The Boss' perfromsnce. It really was great tribute to our veterans. Kudos to Harry for participating.

The Daily Mail should be ashamed of themselves- taking Harry's words at an event like this honoring veterans out of context and misconstruing them to fit their hateful agenda. Absolutely shameful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC21091968 View Post
No, there are more parts to his speech that probably wasn't picked up by the press and myself .

Here is the full video of Stand Up for Heroes Comedy Festival released by the ABC News youtube channel.
Old 11-20-2020, 10:35 AM
Administrator

Several posts have been moved to the https://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...als-21808.html thread since it seems more appropriate to discuss the subject of "sexiest royal" there.
Old 11-20-2020, 05:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

According to Hello, the Sussexes have moved the rest of their items out of Frogmore and shipped them to California. Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank and their growing family will be the home's new residents. I guess this explains all the talk about Frogmore being "prepared," rather than Harry returning for a visit. I'm glad that the house will be used again.

https://www.hellomagazine.com/royalt...ce-harry-home/

This is not at all surprising to me. I suspected that when they announced that they would be "splitting their time" between North America and the UK that they would actually be spending very little time in England, and it was confirmed when they bought the mansion in Santa Barbara instead of returning to the UK when things began getting bad with COVID, and when Meghan commented on "how good it felt to finally be home" to Gloria Steinem. This just cements the fact that they will not be living in the UK again as a family.
Old 11-20-2020, 05:59 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc1 View Post
According to Hello, the Sussexes have moved the rest of their items out of Frogmore and shipped them to California. Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank and their growing family will be the home's new residents. I guess this explains all the talk about Frogmore being "prepared," rather than Harry returning for a visit. I'm glad that the house will be used again.

This is not at all surprising to me. I suspected that when they announced that they would be "splitting their time" between North America and the UK that they would actually be spending very little time in England, and it was confirmed when they bought the mansion in Santa Barbara instead of returning to the UK when things began getting bad with COVID, and when Meghan commented on "how good it felt to finally be home" to Gloria Steinem. This just cements the fact that they will not be living in the UK again as a family.
That story is leading one of the newspapers for tomorrow.
It makes sense for it to be used, after all the money spent on it. Maybe that is why they paid money back as they had no intentions of using it again.
I don't think anybody expected them to be back for any real length of time, especially when they came back in January then March without Archie, the writing was on the wall.
Old 11-20-2020, 06:06 PM
Majesty

Do the Brooksbanks also keep Ivy Cottage as a London pad? And will Eugenie and Jack be considered responsible in the future for any refurbishments and repairs that are really the responsibility of the Sovereign Grant, and will the tabloids rise up in faux fury to slam the couple if the Sovereign Grant pays and not them? Or is that 'honour' only reserved for the Sussexes?

It's pretty clear to me that Harry and Meghan are happy and settled in their new roomy house in sunny California and don't want to live in Frogmore. Good on them!
Old 11-20-2020, 06:15 PM
Heir Apparent

So are Eugenie and Jack paying rent to Harry and Meghan? BP telling the reporters that it is still Harry and Meghan's home but a "private arrangement" was made for Eugenie and Jack. I guess they wanted them to have a bigger space and since they are not there then why not allow them to use it.
Old 11-20-2020, 06:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallo girl View Post
That story is leading one of the newspapers for tomorrow.
It makes sense for it to be used, after all the money spent on it. Maybe that is why they paid money back as they had no intentions of using it again.
I don't think anybody expected them to be back for any real length of time, especially when they came back in January then March without Archie, the writing was on the wall.

Glad that an agreeable arrangement has been made so that the Brooksbank family can now live at Frogmore Cottage now that the Sussexes have settled in California.
Old 11-20-2020, 06:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
So are Eugenie and Jack paying rent to Harry and Meghan? BP telling the reporters that it is still Harry and Meghan's home but a "private arrangement" was made for Eugenie and Jack. I guess they wanted them to have a bigger space and since they are not there then why not allow them to use it.
Im also interested to find out the answer to this. Were Harry and Meghan also responsible for the upkeep of Frogmore while they were away? I think this arrangement does make sense, Harry and Meghan seem to want to build their lives in their new home in California and with COVID its not like they could come and visit Frogmore anyway, so this way its being used. It also is a plus for Jack and Eugenie because it gives them space for their growing family.
Old 11-20-2020, 06:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Do the Brooksbanks also keep Ivy Cottage as a London pad? And will Eugenie and Jack be considered responsible in the future for any refurbishments and repairs that are really the responsibility of the Sovereign Grant, and will the tabloids rise up in faux fury to slam the couple if the Sovereign Grant pays and not them? Or is that 'honour' only reserved for the Sussexes?

It's pretty clear to me that Harry and Meghan are happy and settled in their new roomy house in sunny California and don't want to live in Frogmore. Good on them!
This should end any obligation from the Sussexes and I really like the idea of Eugenie and Jack (plus baby) living there. They can change whatever decor they dont care for.

As far as redurbishments..time will tell.

LaRae
Old 11-20-2020, 06:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc1 View Post

I guess the next step is for H to become a citizen...

Well, as you said, it’s no surprise. I’m glad Charles has become much closer to William lately and that he’s spent more time with his family, because he’s not going to see Harry much ...and certainly not Archie.
Old 11-20-2020, 06:34 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post

Part of me is thinking if Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank want their child to grow up and attend school in Windsor (or other schools in the Berkshire county) rather than London, similar to how Princess Beatrice and herself (or even Lady Louise Windsor and James, Viscount Severn) grew up with. I wonder if this would be same for Archie had the Sussexes decided to stay in Frogmore Cottage for a while (regardless of leaving as senior working royal). These are of course, only my thoughts and speculation.

I also wonder on what happened to Nottingham Cottage in the Kensington Palace estate. Have they completely moved out from Nottingham Cottage? Do they keep it as a London based properties? Or is it now a residence or office for palace staff?
Old 11-20-2020, 06:41 PM
Heir Apparent

I also suspect that this arrangement worked for all sides. Eugenie and Jack don't have to go looking for a place in this pandemic. Frogmore is all set up for a new family. They can live there and take their time finding something of their own with little stress.

My guess that Eugenie didn't want to be in London. Windsor allows her to be close to her grandparents and it is a slower pace. If Harry and Meghan need to pop in for a week or so, they can easily be there. Or maybe by the time they happens Eugenie and Jack will have already moved on to their future home.

At least the home is not sitting empty. The arrangement seems to work for all parties involved. And as usual, despite what we *think* we know of this family and their relationships, we really have no idea.

Closed Thread