The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2020, 11:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
The BBC - at the moment there could not be a more intense wish than to get one of Diana's sons onto their programme in a positive way!
The good thing is that one of Diana's son is available to hire to come onto a TV network. Rumour has it he has a deal with one online platform called Netflix.

Old 11-16-2020, 12:23 PM
Majesty

What evidence is there that the BBC 'hired' Harry to appear on Strictly Come Dancing or indeed of any show of theirs?

In fact if they did then they indulged in strange behaviour about it, pleased though they may have been about the publicity.

As has been noted here several times, like other past supporters Harry was not actually seen on the show. However he was there on his friend JJ and wife's VP when giving his support. So the BBC had nothing whatsoever to do with the appearance at all, let alone 'hiring' anyone.

Old 11-16-2020, 12:30 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
The good thing is that one of Diana's son is available to hire to come onto a TV network. Rumour has it he has a deal with one online platform called Netflix.
How is that a good thing?
Old 11-16-2020, 12:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
What evidence is there that the BBC 'hired' Harry to appear on Strictly Come Dancing or indeed of any show of theirs?

In fact if they did then they indulged in strange behaviour about it, pleased though they may have been about the publicity.

As has been noted here several times, like other past supporters Harry was not actually seen on the show. However he was there on his friend JJ and wife's VP when giving his support. So the BBC had nothing whatsoever to do with the appearance at all, let alone 'hiring' anyone.

I wish ppl would stop believing to tabloids, at the least wait till more is known.

LaRae
Old 11-16-2020, 02:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:

I don’t believe I suggested that the Beeb hired Harry to appear on Strictly.
Old 11-16-2020, 02:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
How is that a good thing?

It will allow Harry to put out the version of events as he would like to, unlike other close members of the family who will not. Perhaps a Netflix special.
Old 11-16-2020, 02:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I believe one of the greatest mistakes Harry could ever make would be to use their Netflix contract to present *any* kind of a version of events pertaining to the Royal Family. If he's wise, he'll steer far, far away from that subject and focus on other things that really need more attention.

We don't need "Harry: In His Own Words" at all.
Old 11-16-2020, 02:33 PM
Majesty

Quote:
I don’t believe I suggested that the Beeb hired Harry to appear on Strictly.
Then why juxtaposition Harry's private support for his friend JJ's appearance on a BBC show with his and Meghan's deal with Netflix? Posters haven't been discussing Netflix on this thread for weeks. The last few days posts have mostly been about Harry's support for a contestant on Strictly Come Dancing who happens to be an old and dear friend of his.
Old 11-16-2020, 02:35 PM
Majesty

Quote:
It will allow Harry to put out the version of events as he would like to, unlike other close members of the family who will not. Perhaps a Netflix special.
Is that wise? I think that increasingly, the general public have just gotten sick of Harry and Meghan. Any "explaining" on their part will only add to that feeling of irritated dislike
Old 11-16-2020, 02:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
The BBC - at the moment there could not be a more intense wish than to get one of Diana's sons onto their programme in a positive way!
why *Diana's sons*?
because that story with the panorama interview?
well if anything i guess this shows that "Diana's sons" have no problem with the bbc...

but the first thing that came to mind when i read it was "imagine you're in your 30's, have a family and a life and achievements of your own...and people still refer to you as your mom's son..."
Old 11-16-2020, 02:39 PM
Majesty

Harry's wishing his friend well has nothing to do with his attitude to the BBC. Its (a) a well meant gesture and (b) Harry trying to publicise himself as they did with the Rem Sunday photos.
Old 11-16-2020, 02:45 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I believe one of the greatest mistakes Harry could ever make would be to use their Netflix contract to present *any* kind of a version of events pertaining to the Royal Family. If he's wise, he'll steer far, far away from that subject and focus on other things that really need more attention.

We don't need "Harry: In His Own Words" at all.
When has Harry and/or Meghan ever stated that they are going to produce a TV Netflix show of any kind featuring the Royal Family? The only member of the BRF to do that was Edward Wessex years ago.

The British tabloids have loved to imply that the Sussexes are going to produce some earth shattering TV special attacking Harry's father, grandmother, brother etc since the news of the Netflix deal, but without any evidence to back those assertions at all. After all, the same thing was said again and again for years about Doria, ie that she was about to tell all about Meghan and Harry to Oprah or Gayle King and nothing happened.

If there are strong non-tabloid sources that state that the Sussexes are going to produce a tell-all documentary about their lives within and departure from the Royal family, then let's have it! Otherwise it's just tabloid speculation, in other words, baseless rubbish.
Old 11-16-2020, 03:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
When has Harry and/or Meghan ever stated that they are going to produce a TV Netflix show of any kind featuring the Royal Family? The only member of the BRF to do that was Edward Wessex years ago.

The British tabloids have loved to imply that the Sussexes are going to produce some earth shattering TV special attacking Harry's father, grandmother, brother etc since the news of the Netflix deal, but without any evidence to back those assertions at all. After all, the same thing was said again and again for years about Doria, ie that she was about to tell all about Meghan and Harry to Oprah or Gayle King and nothing happened.

If there are strong non-tabloid sources that state that the Sussexes are going to produce a tell-all documentary about their lives within and departure from the Royal family, then let's have it! Otherwise it's just tabloid speculation, in other words, baseless rubbish.
My response was to Muriel as my post immediately followed hers. She had said:

Quote:
I stand by my opinion that using Netflix to "air" his side of things would be the grandest mistake he could possibly make.
Old 11-16-2020, 03:52 PM
Majesty

Yes, osipi, but the point is that no evidence has ever come forth, apart from tabloid scuttlebut and subsequent Twitter gossip, that Harry has wanted to do or intends to do anything of the kind in the future.
Old 11-16-2020, 04:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Is that wise? I think that increasingly, the general public have just gotten sick of Harry and Meghan. Any "explaining" on their part will only add to that feeling of irritated dislike

Of course it is not wise. But is wise a term one associates with Harry these days?
Old 11-16-2020, 04:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Then why juxtaposition Harry's private support for his friend JJ's appearance on a BBC show with his and Meghan's deal with Netflix? Posters haven't been discussing Netflix on this thread for weeks. The last few days posts have mostly been about Harry's support for a contestant on Strictly Come Dancing who happens to be an old and dear friend of his.

I have not made any such comment
Old 11-16-2020, 04:26 PM
Commoner

Thumbs up

[QUOTE=Curryong;2353759]

By the way, which man in grey at the Palace dropped the delightful little titbit into the maw of the Times about Harry's wreath not being allowed to be laid, thereby publicly humiliating and hurting a man who has done more for veterans than any Palace Manderin ever dreamed of.

It was 'a source close to the Duke' (Hazza) that confirmed the wreath story to Harpers Bazaar according to their own article
Old 11-16-2020, 04:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Yes, osipi, but the point is that no evidence has ever come forth, apart from tabloid scuttlebut and subsequent Twitter gossip, that Harry has wanted to do or intends to do anything of the kind in the future.
No one stated that it was even suggested anywhere that Harry would do such a thing. Muriel's response was to someone else. The "Harry does his version on Netflix" has *only* cropped up here in recent posts and no where else to my knowledge. It was used in a "could be, maybe, possibly" context.
Old 11-16-2020, 04:55 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Of course it is not wise. But is wise a term one associates with Harry these days?
So re you saying that he might use Netflix to do this?
Old 11-16-2020, 05:02 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
No one stated that it was even suggested anywhere that Harry would do such a thing. Muriel's response was to someone else. The "Harry does his version on Netflix" has *only* cropped up here in recent posts and no where else to my knowledge. It was used in a "could be, maybe, possibly" context.

There was an article about it on my phone on Smart News. I think it came from the Mail. I can't find it now but as I recall it was an opinion piece not by Piers Morgan.

Closed Thread