The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2020, 11:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

It always leads back to the press with the Sussexes, doesn’t it?

Old 11-12-2020, 11:53 PM
Courtier

In some cases, it's the courtiers and palace staff or "men in grey suit".

Old 11-13-2020, 12:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Well I mean it is the tabloids pulling up years old pictures to create a random story about Harry and the Bidens being BFFs.
Old 11-13-2020, 06:25 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC21091968 View Post
Apologies for posting a similar post earlier (on post #83)

A
According to The Week article:
Five things we learned from new tell-all book on Jeremy Corbyn’s Labour leadership
From disastrous election polling to splits between old ‘comrades’ over anti-Semitism
https://www.theweek.co.uk/107884/fiv...my-corbyn-book

I have also looked at the preview of Left Out: The Inside Story of Labour Under Corbyn on Google Books. Unfortunately, some bits have been taken out from the website, since I posted the extract below
https://www.google.com.au/books/edit...J?hl=en&gbpv=0

As mentioned earlier, I have no problem with Harry & Meghan's private conversation and friendship with the Corbyns, because it's quite similar to Cambridges' friendship with the Obamas or The Queen's friendship with some of her Prime Minister. This friendship is not the same as making "public politics related statements". Again, I do think Jeremy Corbyn and Laura Alvarez are just providing moral support, who happen to share similar opinions.

In terms of Harry and Meghan attending inauguration balls, it is different from having a friendly conversation in private. More problem will arise if most of the attendees are Biden supporters or Democrat Party members.
Obviously if the balls are mainly to thanks supporters, H and Meg attending one would look like a thank you from Biden to them as donors or supporters. But I wouldnt be surprised, if there are Inauguration balls.... that they might attned one.
Old 11-13-2020, 07:18 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
Well I mean it is the tabloids pulling up years old pictures to create a random story about Harry and the Bidens being BFFs.
the press are there to write stories. Biden is now President elect, Harry and Meg have been showing support fro the Democrats and H is friendly with Biden's wife....
Old 11-13-2020, 08:50 AM
Serene Highness

I wonder how the British Embassy in DC feels about having a non-working but active Prince in their backyard..
Old 11-13-2020, 10:02 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by moby View Post
I wonder how the British Embassy in DC feels about having a non-working but active Prince in their backyard..
probably a bit anxious but they can always say "He doesn't speak on behalf of the queen or the govt... he only represnets himself..."
Old 11-13-2020, 10:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Harry and Meghan announce more of their Communication staff.

https://www.prweek.com/article/17000...r-lead-pr-team
Old 11-13-2020, 01:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
Harry and Meghan announce more of their Communication staff.

https://www.prweek.com/article/17000...r-lead-pr-team

Thank you for the information. Does this mean that the couple are no longer using Sunshine Sachs for PR?
Old 11-13-2020, 03:03 PM
Heir Apparent

What do they need the communication staff for if it is not for Archewell? I cannot read the article but it references 'the Office of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex'? What is their office about?
Old 11-13-2020, 03:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I really have no idea on any of this but just reading "The Office of The Duke and Duchess of Sussex" makes me think that they've *finally* got their own household that they wanted. Only problem is that in the US, people can go online easily and become a "Lord" or "Lady" and set up the same thing. At least, that's how I see it.

As time passes, and the Sussexes get more and more ingrained into the American way of life, their titles are going to mean less and less to the people paying attention to them. Without the backing of the actual "Firm" of the monarchy of the UK, the British titles this couple uses reminds me of an old song "Does Your Chewing Gum Lose It's Flavor On The Bedpost Overnight". It makes them look like they're holding on too tightly to what was rather than forging ahead in a new way on their own merit.

I get that they *are* still The Duke and Duchess of Sussex but still using that kind of implies to me that they're hoping to forge ahead *in the same manner* that they did with the "Firm" and maintain the same level of attention and respect the monarchy afforded them. I don't think that's going to happen.
Old 11-13-2020, 03:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I really have no idea on any of this but just reading "The Office of The Duke and Duchess of Sussex" makes me think that they've *finally* got their own household that they wanted. Only problem is that in the US, people can go online easily and become a "Lord" or "Lady" and set up the same thing. At least, that's how I see it.

As time passes, and the Sussexes get more and more ingrained into the American way of life, their titles are going to mean less and less to the people paying attention to them. Without the backing of the actual "Firm" of the monarchy of the UK, the British titles this couple uses reminds me of an old song "Does Your Chewing Gum Lose It's Flavor On The Bedpost Overnight". It makes them look like they're holding on too tightly to what was rather than forging ahead in a new way on their own merit.

I get that they *are* still The Duke and Duchess of Sussex but still using that kind of implies to me that they're hoping to forge ahead *in the same manner* that they did with the "Firm" and maintain the same level of attention and respect the monarchy afforded them. I don't think that's going to happen.
It's really beginning to feel like they're trying to create their own mini-Royal Family in California. "The Court of Montecito" perhaps?
Old 11-13-2020, 03:28 PM
Courtier

Almost everything they've done says they're trying to forge ahead with the "royals who also talk partisan politics and make a lot of money" plan they originally wanted in January. Especially with the charity photo shoots and that stunt at the cemetery. They weren't allowed to be half in half out with the official BRF so they're starting Independent Progressive Sussex Royal Family of California and basically playing "dress up" of the role that was actually theirs a year ago and acting "as if" so that people will pay more attention to them then the average young celebrity couple with a message. Time will tell what happens.
Old 11-13-2020, 03:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post
Almost everything they've done says they're trying to forge ahead with the "royals who also talk partisan politics and make a lot of money" plan they originally wanted in January. Especially with the charity photo shoots and that stunt at the cemetery. They weren't allowed to be half in half out with the official BRF so they're starting Independent Progressive Sussex Royal Family of California and basically playing "dress up" of the role that was actually theirs a year ago and acting "as if" so that people will pay more attention to them then the average young celebrity couple with a message. Time will tell what happens.
This is just my opinion, but I don't think that the Queen but her foot down firmly enough with them after the Sandringham Summit. I don't know if that's because she was hoping they would want to come back into the fold after the one-year review was up, or if they told her that they weren't going to involve themselves in controversial topics and she believed them, or if because she didn't want to hurt her grandson and his wife even more. Or if she really didn't have the control to do anything. But it seems like they have largely been able to do the half-in/half-out role mostly out of their own creation.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: they should not be allowed to use the titles, not just the HRH. If they want to be "private citizens" who earn their own income so badly, they should style themselves as such and go by Harry and Meghan Mountbatten-Windsor. That's nothing new- Harry did so in the military when he was Harry Wales, Beatrice and Eugenie do it as Beatrice York and Eugenie York at their workplaces, Harry's own niece and nephew do it as George and Charlotte Cambridge at their school. Obviously they won't do it because they seem to be very attached to the titles despite their claims of privacy.
Old 11-13-2020, 05:23 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc1 View Post
This is just my opinion, but I don't think that the Queen but her foot down firmly enough with them after the Sandringham Summit. I don't know if that's because she was hoping they would want to come back into the fold after the one-year review was up, or if they told her that they weren't going to involve themselves in controversial topics and she believed them, or if because she didn't want to hurt her grandson and his wife even more. Or if she really didn't have the control to do anything. But it seems like they have largely been able to do the half-in/half-out role mostly out of their own creation.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: they should not be allowed to use the titles, not just the HRH. If they want to be "private citizens" who earn their own income so badly, they should style themselves as such and go by Harry and Meghan Mountbatten-Windsor. That's nothing new- Harry did so in the military when he was Harry Wales, Beatrice and Eugenie do it as Beatrice York and Eugenie York at their workplaces, Harry's own niece and nephew do it as George and Charlotte Cambridge at their school. Obviously they won't do it because they seem to be very attached to the titles despite their claims of privacy.
Harry and Meghan Sussex is easier to spell
Old 11-13-2020, 05:25 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I agree with this on all counts. They won’t voluntarily give up their titles because it’s who they are. The reason anyone cares about them is because they are the Duke and Duchess. H and M will be hired because people can crow about royals being involved. If they went by Mountbatten-Windsor, no one who doesn’t follow the Royals would know the significance of that. So again, Harry and Meghan want it both ways - to be private citizens (who have photo shoots at cemeteries on somber occasions), but to have the cachet of the Royals.
Old 11-13-2020, 05:27 PM
Majesty

I've read in several places including tabloids that I don't want to link, that Archewell is about to be launched in the next couple of months, so the hiring of the Comms staff is probably to do with that.
Old 11-13-2020, 05:29 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Although this concept has been around for quite a long time, I've noticed it cropping up more and more as I venture around the internet these days. Kind of fits into what I was saying in an earlier post about "The Office of The Duke and Duchess of Sussex".

https://establishedtitles.com/produc...wMnxiMbH8oTjZg

BTW: not going to waste my money. I'm content with being Queen of Typos.
Old 11-13-2020, 07:26 PM
Courtier

Quote:

I agree with you. Harry and Meghan should not be style as The Duke or Duchess of Sussex, if they really want to be "private citizen" and earning their own money.

When Lady Gabriella Kingston was releasing her music as a singer-songwriter, she was Ella Windsor. It was raising awareness and funds for the musical non-profit Playing for Change Foundation.

https://www.hellomagazine.com/royalt...gwriter-debut/

Before someone criticise that Lady Gabriella is using her royal surname (Windsor) for better publicity, there are people with surname Windsor, without being related to the Royal Family. An example is Robin Windsor, who was a Strictly Come Dancing professional dancer during 2010-2014
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/pro.../robin-windsor
https://officialrobinwindsor.com/blog/
Old 11-13-2020, 08:47 PM
Courtier

It seems the Title Duke and Duchess of Sussex is very important it take's top priority and then there is the money. Maybe they should try Harry and Meghan Mountbatten Windsor or Meghan and Harry Markle.???

Closed Thread