The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 9: September-November 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Duchess of Cornwall is back from her holiday and back to work. On Monday HRH visited families of 4th Battalion The Rifles at Bulford Camp, Salisbury Plain, Dorset. Last night she, along with the PoW, gave a dinner for supporters of the Bobby Van Trust.

I read about these engagements in the Court Circular, in The Times; I didn't find any other news stories about them. Unfortunately, many casual observers probably don't realize how much work the Duchess really does.

Of course she does. Charles sends her off to work in a Duchy Originals sweatshop underneath Poundbury. Does anyone really believe she was in the Mediterranean? And people think it's just a quaint little village...

Of course she does. Charles sends her off to work in a Duchy Originals sweatshop underneath Poundbury. Does anyone really believe she was in the Mediterranean? And people think it's just a quaint little village...

yes...making wallets or something like that isn't it? then when she's done making the wallets she has to sell them...poor thing never gets a break.

a friend of mine from another forum received a personal reply to a letter she wrote to the Duchess. i think it's lovely that she finds time (aside from making and selling wallets) to reply to these letters.

The Duchess of Cornwall is back from her holiday and back to work. On Monday HRH visited families of 4th Battalion The Rifles at Bulford Camp, Salisbury Plain, Dorset. Last night she, along with the PoW, gave a dinner for supporters of the Bobby Van Trust.

I read about these engagements in the Court Circular, in The Times; I didn't find any other news stories about them. Unfortunately, many casual observers probably don't realize how much work the Duchess really does.

I know it's sad. If you don't keep up with court circular, the average person doesn't know half the stuff the royals do. The local papers will mention stuff that happened in their area but a lot of it is unlikely to make to the national papers.

That's a lot of PR work. That would drive me batty. Having to be "on" all the time. Not a hair out of place, make sure the lettuce isn't stuck in your incisors and that you don't belch at the wrong time. . . .

:D

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Brilliant, "The Prisoner" springs to mind!

Camilla reveals her terrible school days of bunking off lessons and cross-dressing | the Daily Mail

Camilla goes back to her school and gets an honorary fellowship! I think she has done pretty good for only getting one O level as the mail kept pointing out:D

What a nice article - and from the mail at that!

Who needs academic merits when you have merits from your heart? It was a beautiful gesture of the college to bestow this extraordinary honour on Camilla - she has been living her good soul and that's rewarded. Well done!:flowers:

Thanks everyone for posting. Finally, she is back again.:flowers:
Times will get better for her now. And she is looking good as always and in best spirits.:flowers:

Good to see Camilla back in the UK, and going about her engagements. Also good to see that the papparazzi left Camilla and party alone and there were no intrusive shots of them whilst on holiday

This frock looks new and I'm not sure whether I like it. Initially I'll say yes but it might take a while to grow on me. I think black and white always look good but I'm not sure about the buttons. Oh well, buttons don't make the woman and as I love her so, I'll let this one go.

I think her dress is dark blue. Black would be too hard. It´s ok, finally a new dress. But, it´s not her very best.

At least she coordinates well. It's a very nautical-looking dress.

Well yes, and nautique matches the purpose of the engagement. And it's nice to see her out and about anyway, regardless of dress.

I think it's dark blue. I read somewhere the royals dont wear black unless there is a death/funeral. Looks good anyway.

Love the pearls--she wears pearls so beautifully. And that blue suit she wore when she received her honorary degree--really beautiful. She looks wonderfully rested! So glad to see her again

Love the pearls--she wears pearls so beautifully. And that blue suit she wore when she received her honorary degree--really beautiful. She looks wonderfully rested! So glad to see her again
The pearls are I think, her favourite item of jewellery. I love the silk suit, but I also like the navy dress she wore to the INM. At least she didn't go the naval brass button route! :eek::ROFLMAO:

Is Camilla sailing into deep water?

It will be in Southampton on Monday, December 10 this year that the Duchess of Cornwall will establish herself, once and for all, as a true Royal.

Is Camilla Sailing Into Deep Water (from This is Hampshire)

Oh, i see, the future Queen has to name a ship to ´established herself as a true Royal´....:doh:

Wasn´t it already before she established herself so? By the launching of Astute?:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Wonder how many ships she will have to name for "deserving" her title...:lol:

Wasn´t it already before she established herself so? By the launching of Astute?:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Wonder how many ships she will have to name for "deserving" her title...:lol:
Ahhh, but this ship is a Cunard ship and is being launched in Southampton, (the article is in the local rag, they probably don't think a RN ship launched in Scotland counts)! :ROFLMAO: They probably expect her to launch a ship from every UK port, before she will be seen as 'established'! :rolleyes: Don't forget this is Britain, where half the time, people don't have even the little sense they were born with! :D

Don't forget this is Britain, where half the time, people don't have even the little sense they were born with! :D

Unfortunately, these kind of people are not only in Britain. This is very much a global dilemma. Stupidity is a global crisis. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom