The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 8: July-September 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like that photo very much. It's just great :) By the way - Camilla has gorgeous dress!

camilla is such a lovely lady and that photo is just stunning. it's nice to see 2 people who are so in love.

That is quite a necklace! If it's diamonds, that's gotta be in pretty expensive. I also think it's funny where his index finger is pointing. Ha ha!

The Duchess of Cornwall sparkles in a diamond necklace lent to her by the Queen for her 60th birthday celebration dinner.

Queen helps Camilla sparkle on her birthday - Telegraph

Does anyone know the actual provenance of this necklace?

The reason I ask is because the Daily Mail (??) site Camilla dazzles at her 60th - with the Queen's diamonds | the Daily Mail says that the necklace was given to Queen Mary for her wedding to George V by her parents and that Queen Mary gave it to The Queen Mum whereas The Telegraph says that George VI had it commissioned for his wife for the Coronation.

One of them is wrong but which one I wonder, or are both of them wrong?

The Tecks were not rich, so I wonder how they could afford such a necklace?

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like one of the five rivieres of large diamond collets that George VI commissioned from Garrard's as a coronation gift to The Queen Mother.

The only other rivieres in the royal collection (there are two significant ones) were Queen Victoria's and were left to the Crown to be worn by Queens in right of it. The Queen often wears it for the Opening of Parliament.

Last edited by a moderator:
About the necklace, I think it's the Daily Mail that got it wrong (no surprise there, of course) because the Telegraph information about it comes from Clarence House. It matches exactly. In the release of the picture of the couple on Saturday, CH says, via PA/AP, the necklace is from the Queen Mother's collection.

I think that George Vi gave it to the Queen as a coronation present.

You know, I find it funny now that I have always resented/disliked Camilla for the "obvioius reasons". But over the past year I have seen her grow into her role and blossom as a person that is actually quite likeable.
She seems to enjoy doing her duties. She has not put a foot wrong since she started. She has polished her look but has not gone overboard with changes.
I truely did not want to like her because of her part in what happend with Charles and Diana. there is still a small part of me that wants to resent her for whatever reasons. But I find that I really can not do that.
But as time changes and goes on, people change also. And I think that just seeing her prove her worth in the pictures and articles that are posted here, she has really brought a mature dignity to Charles and herself. She really is his other half. They both look extremely happy and in love, and in general, happy to be with each other. They compliment each other. And I don't think I have ever seen Charles look so happy as they do in her birthday picture posted above.
So good on her for sticking to her guns. It obviously was worth the time, and trouble. In this day and age, true love is hard to find. They found it, and kept it. Thru good and bad. I wish the Duchess many more happy birthdays in the future and many more years of wedded bliss with her prince.

You know, I find it funny now that I have always resented/disliked Camilla for the "obvioius reasons". But over the past year I have seen her grow into her role and blossom as a person that is actually quite likeable.
She seems to enjoy doing her duties. She has not put a foot wrong since she started. She has polished her look but has not gone overboard with changes.
I truely did not want to like her because of her part in what happend with Charles and Diana. there is still a small part of me that wants to resent her for whatever reasons. But I find that I really can not do that.
But as time changes and goes on, people change also. And I think that just seeing her prove her worth in the pictures and articles that are posted here, she has really brought a mature dignity to Charles and herself. She really is his other half. They both look extremely happy and in love, and in general, happy to be with each other. They compliment each other. And I don't think I have ever seen Charles look so happy as they do in her birthday picture posted above.
So good on her for sticking to her guns. It obviously was worth the time, and trouble. In this day and age, true love is hard to find. They found it, and kept it. Thru good and bad. I wish the Duchess many more happy birthdays in the future and many more years of wedded bliss with her prince.

What a lovely post, Sesa. :flowers:

Charles and Camilla are both glowing in that pic. Nice gesture by the queen.:flowers:

Interesting to note that none of the Yorks seem to have been present at the party for Camilla´s birthday. Is Andrew away being British trade ambassador on a yatch in Thailand or is there more to this?

Why 'must' there always be more to it than what's is (most likely), actually there?
=======

Quite right, there does not always have to be something more to it, but it is unusual to miss your sister-in-law's 60th birthday, especially given that the rest of the immediate Windsor family was present

Andrew was more than likely at the British Open golf championships in Scotland. It would take more than a sister-in-law's 60th to make him miss a British Open! :D

=======

Quite right, there does not always have to be something more to it, but it is unusual to miss your sister-in-law's 60th birthday, especially given that the rest of the immediate Windsor family was present

I still don't see how the absence of the York branch signifies any possible stalemate between factions of the family.

They may be royal, but that does not mean they are always able to make it to every function or celebration held within the family, 60th Birthday or not.

No doubt they sent their best wishes along with an inability.

Last edited:
Did Charles really give her 2 sheep for her birthday?:eek: They must have been some really special sheep! Personally, I'd rather have a faberge egg, If I were her.

Did Charles really give her 2 sheep for her birthday?:eek: They must have been some really special sheep! Personally, I'd rather have a faberge egg, If I were her.
It is the one present that has been made semi-public, besides what else could he get the woman who has everything? :ROFLMAO: :flowers:

What for? If it's just for show, I'm sure the queen will lent her one or two to display at Clarence House...:rolleyes:

Yes a male and a female from a very rare breed. It fits very much in the thought behind the succesfully revived Duchy of Cornwall with its policy of sustainable development, love for old traditions and admire for now rare species which once were normal on the countryside.

I'm sure that Camilla is as happy with the sheep as she would have been with a vase, a painting or a book. She can see through it. It would have been doubtful if these sheep would not have been felt as an insult by Diana, who not only differed in age and personality to her spouse. She also had very little understanding for Prince Charles's zest and desire in turning the Duchy of Cornwall in an organic, climate-friendly, traditional and sustainable company.

:flowers:

Last edited:
It is the one present that has been made semi-public, besides what else could he get the woman who has everything? :ROFLMAO: :flowers:

Indeed! But seriously, what breed are they and what is the significance? Thanks !
Ps I'd still rather have a Faberge egg!:flowers::flowers:

The sheep are under threat of extinction

Indeed! But seriously, what breed are they and what is the significance? Thanks !
Ps I'd still rather have a Faberge egg!:flowers::flowers:

HRH The Duke of Rothesay (Prince Charles) already spent £10,000 on two rare fell ponies for his beloved Duchess to ride at Birkhall, their Scottish home. So it fits a bit in their way of acting.

The rare breed ram and ewe given to the Duchess are Cotswold Sheep, according the Daily Mail. See picture.

The Prince is patron of the Rare Breed Animal Trust and both his wife and he himself are passionate countryside people. The Prince and the Duchess are actively helping in restore Britain's native livestock.

:flowers:

HRH The Duke of Rothesay (Prince Charles) already spent £10,000 on two rare fell ponies for his beloved Duchess to ride at Birkhall, their Scottish home. So it fits a bit in their way of acting.:flowers:
I seriously doubt the authenticity of the £10,000 for two fell ponies, which are not 'rare'. :flowers:
About Fell Ponies * The Fell Pony Society

The Highland is more suited to the terrain at and around Birkhall, which of course Charles and Camilla would know. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom