The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 7: May-July 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
misselle said:
Paul Burrell used to be Diana's rock,
Was he, or was that a self serving title he afforded himself after her death? :hmm:

Skydragon said:
Was he, or was that a self serving title he afforded himself after her death? :hmm:

I wish I could find a reference but I definitely am under the impression that Diana used those words herself before she died. I wish I could find a reference to that effect though.

Diana's mother admitted at his trial that Diana had used that term about Burrell but she also also said that Diana described quite a few people as 'my rock' not just Burrell. This was part of her testimony at Burrell's trial.

The Scotsman - Mother didn't talk to Diana for months

She probably meant a rock around her neck! Everyone says things like 'you are a star', as FSK said, Diana used 'my rock' for many people.

Skydragon said:
Di's former butler compares Camilla to a horse!

Princess Di's former butler Paul Burrell recently crossed the royal line by comparing Prince Charle's current wife Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, to a horse.urrell made the shocking statement when a reporter insisted that Prince Charles genuinely loves and cares for Camilla.

Di's former butler compares Camilla to a horse!

:censored: :voodoo:
Is this the second time he has done this or a re-print of the last time?

Was there another time?? I don't remember that although with him anything is possible especially if money is involved. I do try to avoid reading about him. I always regret it. That article is just a reprint of when New of the World when did an undercover article on him . It hapened in the last few weeks.

Paul is a very bitter and angry man who felt the royal family did not do enough to ensure his innocence. Very sad to see him betray his duty and the memory of The Princess.

branchg said:
Very sad to see him betray his duty and the memory of The Princess.

And it´s absolutely disgusting what he said about The Duchess of Cornwall.
But the best to do is to ignore him....

branchg said:
Paul is a very bitter and angry man who felt the royal family did not do enough to ensure his innocence. Very sad to see him betray his duty and the memory of The Princess.

He was a bitter man long before he was accused of stealing - and I must say I have yet to see a convincing reason for him taking anything that belonged to the Princess but that is another point.

He expected the RF to take care of him after the death of Diana and when they didn't (and why should they - he was her employee not theirs) and he was forced to actually seek new work he decided to betray his former employer and the family into which she married in order to continue to make money. He saw his chance and took it.

Personally I think the man is despicable and beneath contempt.

I could be having a 'senior moment' but did he not make similar/identical remarks last month? This is why i ask if it is a reprint. Skydragon, Beatrixfan you are more on top of this?

branchg said:

Besides that fact that he is trying to cash in on Diana's 10th Anniversary of her death. And, maybe he may be thinking that "he is still in a position" to make comments or opinions about the BRF. Over here in the US, the media makes him some sort of God who is like "related" to the RF just because he worked for them. He also needs to stay in the forefront because of his previous position keeps people interested in him, thus providing him an income.

scooter said:
I could be having a 'senior moment' but did he not make similar/identical remarks last month? This is why i ask if it is a reprint.
The original story was apparently printed in the News of the World. I didn't see the article on here or on their site at the time, so I put it on when I saw it. From the article:-

"Burrell recently crossed the royal line" - the News of the World quoted Burrell, as saying.

Lady Camilla to name astute

BARROW’S new nuclear powered submarine will be named Astute by Lady Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, two weeks today. As predicted in the Evening Mail early this month Prince Charles’s wife will be the lady sponsor of the new Astute class of submarines, four of which are on order so far.

barrow in furness, barrow news sport, ulverston news sport, lake district news

It's terrible when the papers can't get titles right! Camilla is not Lady Camilla. She is the Duchess of Cornwall (in Scotland, the Duchess of Rothesay) or Princess of Wales, or Princess Charles. At a pinch she could be Princess Camilla (incorrect, should only be used for people like Anne and Alexandra of Kent, who are Princesses in their own right). This form was often use about Diana (Princess Diana) as was Lady Diana. But this latter was based on her title before she married (Lady Diana Spencer) because she was the daughter of an Earl.

Camilla is HRH The Duchess of Cornwall or, more formally, HRH The Princess Charles. Nothing else applies except in Scotland where she is The Duchess of Rothesay.

Her full royal title and style is currently HRH The Princess Charles, The Duchess of Cornwall and The Duchess of Rothesay.

Her full legal titles are HRH The Princess Charles, The Princess of Wales, The Countess of Chester, The Duchess of Cornwall, The Duchess of Rothesay, The Countess of Carrick, Baroness Renfrew and Princess of Scotland.

It's Camilla

Barrow's top brass has promised Camilla, The Duchess of Cornwall, a right Royal welcome when she arrives to launch Astute.
Mayor Councillor Ken Williams is one of those lined up to meet the wige of the heir to the throne when she names Barrow's new nuke sub on June 8.
And he has promised that the town will embrace her with open arms.

Cllr Williams said: "I am ecstatic that someone like the Duchess of Cornwall has accepted the invitation to come to Barrow. I am sure Barrovians will greet her with open arms in their normal way."

BAE managing director Murray Easton said in a message to the yard workforce: "We are delighted with the announcement. We look forward to welcoming the Duchess to lead this celebration of the dedication and commitment of the whole workforce in successfully preparing the submarine for launch."

10.000 to see Astute launch
tab-topleft.gif

THE Royal roll-out of Barrow’s new £1.2bn submarine Astute will be watched at the shipyard by 10,000 people.
Hundreds more are expected to cram Michaelson Road bridge on Friday of next week to watch the gleaming black sub being named by Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, emerge on the rails from the Devonshire Dock Hall

barrow in furness, barrow news sport, ulverston news sport, lake district news

Alison20 said:
It's terrible when the papers can't get titles right! Camilla is not Lady Camilla.

Well, I suppose it's marginally better than the papers who still call her Camilla Parker Bowles. At least this one's trying to get it right.

Geez, Paul Burrell insulting Camilla's physical appearance like that is such a low blow. I guess the thread has moved on from it already but I just read that now. It's such a cheap shot to attack someone's physical appearance, and clearly it's the tactic of someone who has nothing substantial to say. He just wants to say things for the sake of it. Ick. You know, come to think of it, neither Prince Charles nor Camilla has ever done anything to deserve his tactics against them. I'd like to see Paul Burrell try to say something like that to her face instead of going around in the press. It's so cowardly, so sneaky, so underhanded. He would never have the gall to say any of that to her face, would he? She'd chase him down on her horse, no pun intended!:lol:

Lady Camilla

In a way she is "Lady Camilla". I know not exactly like that, but truly she is Lady Mountbatten-Windsor or Lady Windsor. It would have to be one of her many titles, considering Charles has umpteen orders of chivalry.
Obviously in the correct sense, Lady Camilla is not accurate, but if you think about it, it's not so far off the mark. Besides, it has a nice ring to it, doesn't it? :flowers: Actually, Lady Milla sounds divine!

Camilla is not Lady Mountbatten-Windsor or Lady Windsor. She is HRH The Duchess of Cornwall or HRH The Princess Charles, The Duchess of Rothesay.

She is not married to the son of a duke who is a great-grandson of a Sovereign. Nor is she a Mountbatten-Windsor, because she holds the qualification of a Royal Highness.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually Camilla does hold the surname of Mountbatten-Windsor, both she and Diana hold this surname.

sirhon11234 said:
Actually Camilla does hold the surname of Mountbatten-Windsor, both she and Diana hold this surname.

The surname only applies to those descendants of The Queen and Prince Philip who do not hold royal rank or a peerage. At this time, all of their children and grandchildren, with the obvious exception of Peter and Zara Phillips, are royal and titled.

sirhon11234 said:

As Diana was divorced she ceased to be an HRH and therefore clearly needed a surname. She didn't choose, or make known, her desire to revert to her maiden name so, of course she had the married surname that Charles would have IF he had one at all but the Letters Patent make it very clear that he doesn't.

Gazette: Archive View=

"My descendants other than descendants
enjoying the style, title or attribute of Royal Highness and the titular dignity of Prince or Princess and
female descendants who marry and their descendants shall bear the name of Mountbatten-Windsor."

This extract is very clear - those of the Queen's descendents who don't have the HRH Prince/Princess are the ones who use the surname Mountbatten-Windsor.

The fact that two of her children have had it put on their marriage certificates only shows that the people filling in the marriage certificates weren't fully aware of the LP or of the clear wording of that LP.

Camilla has the HRH and therefore has no need of a surname. Once Diana lost that HRH she needed a surname, which is why she would have Mountbatten-Windsor on her death certificate and at the inquest. The marital status of the two women must be considered when arguing the case for the surname with regard to both of them.

Obviously if someone like Beatrice or Eugenie were to give up the HRH for some reason, before marriage, then they take the Mountbatten-Windsor surname as what stops them having it, or using it now, is having the HRH.

Diana enjoyed the style of a divorcee ("Diana, Princess of Wales") with the titular dignity of a Princess. Although she no longer held royal rank, her surname was Princess of Wales, consistent with precedents in the peerage, until she remarried. As the fount of honour, The Queen made it clear she remained a member of the royal family with her former precedence.

She was never a Mountbatten-Windsor because she did not use a surname.

chrissy57 said:
Gazette: Archive View=

"My descendants other than descendants
enjoying the style, title or attribute of Royal Highness and the titular dignity of Prince or Princess and
female descendants who marry and their descendants shall bear the name of Mountbatten-Windsor."

This extract is very clear - those of the Queen's descendents who don't have the HRH Prince/Princess are the ones who use the surname Mountbatten-Windsor.

By this rule, Prince Charles never had the Mountbatten-Windsor name since he was always HRH Prince, and so diana never married into that name, and Diana is not a descendent anyway, so it never applied to her.
Likewise, now what branchq has been saying makes sense: Camilla and Charles are not M-W or Windsor because of their titles. I think the M-W name is going away, because the children of Beatrice and Eugenie will have their father's name, and so will the children of "Lady Louise" and the children of Zara. The children of Peter Phillips will have the Phillips name, and the children of William and Harry will be HRH Prince/Princess.

CasiraghiTrio said:
By this rule, Prince Charles never had the Mountbatten-Windsor name since he was always HRH Prince, and so diana never married into that name, and Diana is not a descendent anyway, so it never applied to her.
Likewise, now what branchq has been saying makes sense: Camilla and Charles are not M-W or Windsor because of their titles. I think the M-W name is going away, because the children of Beatrice and Eugenie will have their father's name, and so will the children of "Lady Louise" and the children of Zara. The children of Peter Phillips will have the Phillips name, and the children of William and Harry will be HRH Prince/Princess.
Well, you know not every woman takes her husband's surname. Many of the people who do not will often hyphenate the child's last name so it might be Mountbatten-Windsor-X. Quite a mouthful, but that is what happens a lot, in the US anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom