The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 5: January-March 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cleopatra bathed in ass's milk didn't she? I can just imagine HRH laying in a bath of goat's milk, rubies on, glass of vino in hand. Or was that me last Saturday?

BeatrixFan said:
Cleopatra bathed in ass's milk didn't she? I can just imagine HRH laying in a bath of goat's milk, rubies on, glass of vino in hand. Or was that me last Saturday?

I like goat´s cheese very much, but i also know the odour smell of goat´s milk. So if the Duchess or you BeatrixFan have a bath in the milk, you should cancel all your dates for the day after that ...:lol:

milla Ca said:
I like goat´s cheese very much, but i also know the odour smell of goat´s milk. :lol:
I forgot about the smell, perhaps not a good idea for Camilla to bathe in it! :ROFLMAO:

milla Ca said:
I like goat´s cheese very much, but i also know the odour smell of goat´s milk. So if the Duchess or you BeatrixFan have a bath in the milk, you should cancel all your dates for the day after that ...:lol:

Actually, its only commercially produced goats milk that has an "odour" and a strong taste. Milk from organically fed goats tastes, & smells, no different to cows milk. To give you an example, when we had our goat she was fed no processed feed. My Dad was a bit funny about the milk and kept saying "When can we have some proper milk"! As a test, we got a commercial milk carton & put the goats milk in it. His comment, "Now thats real milk" :ROFLMAO: He couldn't tell the difference.

wymanda said:
Actually, its only commercially produced goats milk that has an "odour" and a strong taste. Milk from organically fed goats tastes, & smells, no different to cows milk.
Not strictly true, it depends what they eat to some extent. Our British Saanens are allowed free grazing in a 5 acre field and sometimes the milk can really smell or taste of whatever they have been eating (wild garlic on occasion). Perhaps there is a difference in the goats in the various countries, as the milk produced from our goats definitly tastes and smells 'different' to cows milk. :flowers:
Whatever the differences are, I hope Charles and Camilla enjoy their ice cream. :)

Thank you for the information Wymanda and Skydragon!:flowers:
I really would like to taste the goat´s milk ice cream, but i think my chance to be invited for a dinner at Highgrove is not the best...so i should try try to buy some.:rolleyes:

camilla with the troops

the duchess of cornwall has been visiting the troops in wiltshire today 6/2/07

one of her usual outfits though:sad:

pictures at polfoto

Thank you for the article milla Ca! :flowers:

And here are the pictures.
Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall rides in a newly-modified Bulldog armored personnel carrier during a visit to the 4th Battalion of the newly-formed Rifles Regiment at the battalion's barracks at Bulford, on Salisbury Plain. Braving the chill on Salisbury Plain, Camilla was visiting the battalion's barracks, ahead of their tour to Iraq in May. During her visit, Camilla was driven in a newly-modified Bulldog armored personnel carrier. It is understood she either did not notice or chose to ignore the word "bollocks", believed to have been written by a mischievous soldier, in the layer of dust covering the vehicle.

Pictures:
Camilla
Camilla with the soldiers
Camilla with the soldiers 2
Camilla in the Bulldog personnel carrier

Gallery of pictures from Wenn.
Gallery of pictures from Getty

Last edited:
From Lieut Colonel Sanders (no chicken noises please);

"It is a huge honour to have The Duchess as our Royal Colonel. Each battalion of the Rifles gets its own Royal Colonel and we think we have struck gold. She is so interested in what we are doing. She has got such a fantastic touch with everyone in the regiment - the families, the children and the men."

Here here Colonel. Here here.

Thanks for the quote Beatrixfan. :flowers:
It's so great to hear that what the Duchess does is so much appreciated and that she is so much involved with the regiment and is in touch with everything. :)

And two more Galleries of pictures:
Gallery of pictures from Isifa
Gallery of pictures from Abaca

Last edited:
Thank you for the nice pics Avalon and Skydragon!:flowers:
The only thing i miss is to see the Duchess herself in a uniform.

One day I'm sure we will see HRH in a uniform. Queen Sirikit always looks very classy in her uniform and she's older than Camilla so age isn't a factor. I think she'd look very glam in a uniform.

milla Ca said:
Thank you for the nice pics Avalon and Skydragon!:flowers:
The only thing i miss is to see the Duchess herself in a uniform.

Although it was an official visit, it was not a parade with an inspection, so no uniform, no speeches. :sad: Perhaps next time! :flowers:

In the picture galleries is seen the word "bollock" on a vehicle and said that Camilla did ignore it. Can´t find any translation about it. What does it mean?

hornsen said:
In the picture galleries is seen the word "bollock" on a vehicle and said that Camilla did ignore it. Can´t find any translation about it. What does it mean?

Hornsen, I send the answer in German via PM, okay? :flowers:

And for those unsure in English, it's an offensive word for the testicles.

Last edited:
hornsen said:

There are two meanings, both explained here, only the one is considered mildly 'rude'. :flowers: It is often used in a context of disbelief, ie. as if I am going to believe that or lier.

Another that explains here

Last edited:
Skydragon said:
There are two meanings, both explained here, only the one is considered mildly 'rude'. :flowers: It is often used in a context of disbelief, ie. as if I am going to believe that or lier.

Another that explains here
Silly me! Here I am trying to multi-task by checking (and responding) to my email while preparing dinner, so I just pushed print. :ermm:

I can now saw that I am fully conversant with the many and varied uses and euphenisms of the word 'bollocks'! :wacko:

Whew, just what I needed! :ROFLMAO:

NEVER MIND THE BOLLOCKS ..HERE'S CAMILLA

ARMY top brass looked on in horror yesterday as the Duchess of Cornwall climbed on to a tank - with the word "bollocks" written on the bodywork.

The Daily Record - NEWS - NEVER MIND THE BOLLOCKS ..HERE'S CAMILLA

Someone should have reminded them, that it's never a good idea to have a good idea where Royal visitors are concerned. Next time I am sure they will all stick to the schedule. :ROFLMAO:

Skydragon said:
NEVER MIND THE BOLLOCKS ..HERE'S CAMILLA

ARMY top brass looked on in horror yesterday as the Duchess of Cornwall climbed on to a tank - with the word "bollocks" written on the bodywork.​

Someone should have reminded them, that it's never a good idea to have a good idea where Royal visitors are concerned. Next time I am sure they will all stick to the schedule. :ROFLMAO:

I think you need much more than such a written word on a tank to shock Camilla!:lol: The best she could do is to ignore...as a Duchess and as a Royal Colonel.

milla Ca said:
I think you need much more than such a written word on a tank to shock Camilla!:lol: The best she could do is to ignore...as a Duchess and as a Royal Colonel.
I think you are right, Camilla is used to army life and wouldn't have batted an eyelid.

The top brass and RSM would have been a different story, heads will roll over this, (well, it will if they can find who did it). :ROFLMAO:

The full details from The Prince of Wales website.

Last edited:
This is wonderful news for Camilla and her acceptance as the wife of the heir to the throne. She will do a great job for a wonderful organisation that helps a lot of children.

So much for all those people who said that Camilla wouldn't take on any of the roles that had previously held by Diana.

Skydragon said:
Camilla takes on Barnardo's role

The Duchess of Cornwall is to become president of children's charity Barnardo's.

:clap: :clap:

I do agree 100% Skydragon!:flowers:
It´s great that they asked her for being president of this important children´s charity, and it´s great that she accepted to do it!
It´s what we expected: She will have more and more patronages, and we know, she will do an excellent job!

milla Ca said:
I do agree 100% Skydragon!:flowers:
It´s great that they asked her for being president of this important children´s charity, and it´s great that she accepted to do it!
It´s what we expected: She will have more and more patronages, and we know, she will do an excellent job!

Oh my God.:neutral:

It is nice that the Duchess of Cornwall is getting more involved in royal work. She seems to take it slow and steady. I think she is starting to take chances in her role because she is more secure in her position.

I hope people will not compare her role to the role Princess Diana played for this charity or any other charity she might take on that Diana did. But people are people and I think she will be compared.:sad:

georgiea said:
It is nice that the Duchess of Cornwall is getting more involved in royal work. She seems to take it slow and steady. I think she is starting to take chances in her role because she is more secure in her position.

I hope people will not compare her role to the role Princess Diana played for this charity or any other charity she might take on that Diana did. But people are people and I think she will be compared.:sad:

Likewise Georgiea, though I'am not too pleased that Camilla is becoming President of Barnardos. Preferibly I wanted The Countess of Wessex to take on that role. I hope people won't start comparing Camilla to the Princess of Wales as president of barnardos. It'll just get ugly.

Unexpected, but I feel happy for Camilla. She is a very steady and warm person. She has very much mothering features just like Diana, Princess of Wales.I believe that she will do a wonderful job for the organisation and I am happy for her because she seems to be more willing to take her royal role more seriously depsite possible comparisions to Diana.
I think people should give her chance and I never doubt that Camilla will win over people if she is given chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom