The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 12: July 2008-December 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
These style of hats don't suit her at all, imo. Give me a broad brimmed hat with feathers anyday...:flowers:

She wears larger hats so very well!

These style of hats don't suit her at all, imo. Give me a broad brimmed hat with feathers anyday...:flowers:

She wears larger hats so very well!

MR - I think I am with you on this one. The classic wide brimmed hats work very well for Camilla. I have never been fond of her experiments with these beret stle hats - I just dont like the hats and I don't think they work for her at all.

They do but this was a beret worn to honour of the Paras.:flowers:
I had wondered if that was the case. Could you explain the exact, or near as translation?

I had wondered if that was the case. Could you explain the exact, or near as translation?
Most regiments in the British Army have headdress which reflect their regiments traditions.

The Beret has been the international symbol for the airborne forces since their introduction in 1941 (I think it was '41). It started with Gen. Browning, 1st Parachute regiment. They are the only regiment allowed to wear their beret no matter where they are posted.
It is normally only by invitation or special leave that a non para wears a beret in their presence, because of the pride the regiment rightly has in itself.:flowers:

Camilla, The Duchess of Cornwall, walks her dog with some friends after lunch near Sandringham, UK on December 5, 2008.
Gallery Zimbio

I´ve missed to see some pics from last Wednesday where Camilla invited ( like every year) serious ill children to Clarence House to decorate the Christmas tree.
Did anybody see some photos from the event?

Pics 17.12.2008

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall at the Olympia Horse Show on December
17, 2008 in London, England. The Duchess meets competitors and
the horses backstage at the event as well as presenting awards

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 **

Last edited:
I´ve missed to see some pics from last Wednesday where Camilla invited ( like every year) serious ill children to Clarence House to decorate the Christmas tree.
Did anybody see some photos from the event?
I think Camilla got flu at that time, so Charles joined the event instead of Camilla.

Thank you for posting all the nice pics!:flowers:
December 18

Perhaps the horse knew it was a royal hand giving him a pat or may be he was just playing up to the cameras, either way the Duchess of Cornwall received a particularly toothy smile from one competitor at the London International Horse Show yesterday.

A dazzling smile for the Duchess at the Olympia Horse Show | Mail Online

Why is it terrible iceflower? :flowers:Brilliant photo! :flowers:

Yes it is. It's quite rare to see a horse showing so much admiration and joy on meeting a human being. I like it and I guess Camilla will have a hearty laugh.

Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall looks great. I think the poor horse needs a dental cleaning or will lose its teeth. It has a great amount of tartar!:flowers:

Why is it terrible iceflower? :flowers:Brilliant photo! :flowers:

It is a brilliant photo, and the D of C's reaction was marvellous, but I fear a 'field day' for comedy sketches and cartoonists

It is a brilliant photo, and the D of C's reaction was marvellous, but I fear a 'field day' for comedy sketches and cartoonists
Don't fear, I would imagine Camilla also found it funny and if they are only commenting on the picture, at least they will not be telling us a divorce is imminent! :flowers:

Great pics Iceflower. I was always so pro Di and anti Camilla, but the D of C is beginning to earn my respect

I knew you did. :flowers:

Worst comment I've heard about the special pic was: "Camilla...and ermm...Charles?" :nonono:;)
Thank you for the pictures! The worst comment I saw was 'which is the horse', I suggested she got her eyes tested.:rolleyes:

Icefower, you had picked exactly that one. You have a sharp eye!:)
I hope I have not been misunderstood, as I meant a very good eye, but I am not sure sharp is the right word!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom