The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 12: July 2008-December 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just feel that Prince Charles is being more and more accepted by his people. His wife the Duchess will be accepted too. She really seems to bring the best of Charles out. And to me a happy couple will be wonderful for Britian and the world stage.:):rolleyes::)

Basically the thing I like about Camilla most is her ability to make P of W happy, I love to see happy pics. of them together

I tried to find out from YouGov how many people were polled and the criteria laid down by the company asking for the poll. So far no reply. Speaking to some friends and employees this morning over coffee, I was amazed to find that none of them watch the news, buy and read a paper or read the news online!:D Too much doom and gloom, apparently they rely on hearing anything startling from people who may have seen/read the news, which is all very well if they repeat what they have heard accurately, without their own opinion.
As a UK citizen, I am not 'concerned' by poll results as I have never seen any evidence that 1004 people can show how a few million might think. :D :flowers:

I have to agree with you. Its difficult to rely on these polls as the sample sizes tend to be quite small, and often do not necessarily stretch the entire social fabric of the kingdom. I think most people have accepted Camilla as the wife of Charles, and I guess, in time will accept her as Queen.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to agree with you. Its difficult to rely on these polls as the sample sizes tend to be quite small, and often do not necessarily stretch the entire social fabric of the kingdom. I think most people have accepted Camilla as the wife of Charles, and I guess, in time will accept her as Queen.

I know this is a little of off the subject, but the polls for Presidential race in US said for most of the race the candiates were tied. We all know that that was untrue and to my way of thinking - just like the Duchess' press - something the Press can write about on a subject that really doesn't have anything to write on it.:)

November 20

´I thought I was doing enough to protect myself from osteoporosis but it seems not. I think I am going to have to make it my New Year's resolution - maybe to do some pilates or even some Tai Chi.'

Camilla admits to 'letting herself go' since she married Charles.. and vows to take up tai chi as a New Year's resolution | Mail Online

( The Mail...but with two nice pics...;))

The Press Association: Camilla joins healthy bones workout

THE Duchess of Cornwall was full of joy as she visited the Royal Veterinary College in Brookmans Park today (Thursday).

The Welwyn & Hatfield Times - Camilla opens new animal hospital in Brookmans Park

Thanks for the pictures, giov! Looks like it was a lovely event, and the Duchess looked quite comfortable and happy around all of those cute animals.

Probably. Can't think which other Queen Mother they'd be talking about.

I think she looks more glamorous since her marriage even though she's aged. She also has a beautiful smile.She looks pretty good for someone who doesn't exercise and has "let herself go"! She's obviously very happy with Charles and it shows.

Probably. Can't think which other Queen Mother they'd be talking about.

Queen Mary was queen mother, too, but IMHO the first one to use "Queen Mother" as a title/style was Queen Elizabeth because there was the need to be able to distinguish between Queen Elizabeth II. and her mother. Of course, QEII was "The Queen" but her mother had been that before her so I think to create this style was a smart thing to do.

Thank you for these pretty pictures. Here I find the dress of the Duchess of Cornwall very flattering: the fur at the hat, the velvet on the collar and the sweet ruche around the neck: IMHO very nice!

Here's an additional gallery of pics

Her Royal Highness Camilla, The Duchess of Cornwall, visits the Wiltshire Air
Ambulance service and meets the Air Ambulance Team to be shown the equipment
used on the helicopter in Devizes, UK on November 21, 2008.

-----> Gallery

And this is my favourite pic from today, really lovely :) --> Camilla

That is nice Ice! Thanks! :flowers:
But I wonder, why in the world are they tagging them (the Gallery photos) Camilla Parker-Bowles? She's been married to HRH for what? 3 years now?

Nice pics a D of C but I don't think much of the hat, was a smart outfit otherwise, and she looks very happy to be there

That is nice Ice! Thanks! :flowers:

But I wonder, why in the world are they tagging them (the Gallery photos) Camilla Parker-Bowles? She's been married to HRH for what? 3 years now?

You're welcome :flowers:, it's the same with CP Letizia, you often find
her maiden name listed as well, seems there are some special experts
around ;)

The Duchess of Cornwall arrives at a Maggie's Cancer Caring
Centre in Charing Cross Hospital London, November 26, 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Thank you for the pictures iceflower, Camilla is looking really smart in them. :flowers:
Here is an article to accompany them
-------------------
PRINCE Charles’ wife Camilla has been named as the first president of the Maggie’s cancer centre appeal.
The Duchess of Cornwall has followed the Chronicle’s lead in supporting Maggie’s Cancer Caring Centres, a charity that provides tranquil havens all over the county where cancer sufferers and their families can get expert help to cope with the disease

Camilla to head up our Maggie's cancer appeal - ChronicleLive

That is very cool!! I think in her role as President, HRH will impact that charity for good a lot!

A KESWICK jewellers has launched an exclusive range of jewellery from one of the UK’s top designers.

Sarah Jordan, who has recently been commissioned to create a special gift for Camilla, The Duchess of Cornwall, appeared at the Necessary Angel last weekend

Times & Star

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom