The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 12: July 2008-December 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only info and pic of this event (?): 23rd October 2008
The Duchess of Cornwall presented awards for health workers who provide outstanding care for the Armed Forces in a ceremony at the Royal Hospital Chelsea.
Here are some more pics, similar to the ones in the belga gallery that have
been mentioned, but a bit bigger :)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:
Thank you for those iceflower. :flowers: Not sure about the Cumerbund, but the main thing is that everbody looks happy!

I hadn't noticed it before, yes, the cumberbund rather spoils it.

Cumberbund? Do you mean a kind of sash around the waist? I don't think she wears that kind of waistbelt. It's only the top with a different fabric than the skirt (obvious on the last pic) ;)

Yes, I think you're right, Avicenna. The light is playing off the fabric and making it look like it's a different shade than the rest of the dress, which shows up as a "cummerbund" effect in a couple of the pictures.:flowers:

Perhaps I should have said Cumerbund effect. I can't see it at all in the last picture, but then again I see only Camillas' face and upper body. In this picture Pic 2, to me it looks like a Cumerbund but could just be a Satin sewn around the waist/hip to give that effect.

The Duchess is probably very busy right now getting her birthday party for Prince charles ready.:)

The Duchess is probably very busy right now getting her birthday party for Prince charles ready.:)

And she has some engagements, for instance:

Clarence House
5th November, 2008
The Prince of Wales this evening arrived at Royal Air Force Lyneham from Indonesia.(...)
The Duchess of Cornwall was present, and represented The Prince of Wales, at the Service of Thanksgiving for the Life of Colonel William Gerard Leigh which was held in the Guards Chapel, Wellington Barracks, London SW1, today (...)
( Times: Court Circular, November 5)

or

The Prince of Wales - Diary
:flowers:

Can't wait to see was the duchess choose to wear in this special occasion for her hasband , she was special in her 60 birthday , and i think she wll be special this time too!i hope to see the 60 gifts that she prépare for the prince:whistling:
good luck my duchess in your préparations;)

Saturday 8th November 2008

The Duchess of Cornwall visited the “Open Doors” art exhibition and met participants of a charity dog walk in aid of the Kathmandu Arts Centre and Kathmandu Animal Treatment Centre, The Royal Over-Seas League, London, SW1A.

some nice pics from the dog walk in Green Park today::wub:

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected#

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

Is that DoC's dog? Or a rental? It's sure a cutie!

Is that a plastic blue doggy poo bag in D of C's hand? If it is then I am gaining admiration for her by the minute

Is that a plastic blue doggy poo bag in D of C's hand? If it is then I am gaining admiration for her by the minute

It certainly appears to be a poo bag. :clap:

Ah dog ownership. The great leveler! :ROFLMAO:

Ah dog ownership. The great leveler! :ROFLMAO:
The fines for not picking up your dogs 'little presents' can be horrific, so especially when the worlds eyes are watching you, it is best to have one of lifes little necessities with you in the shape of a doggy doo bag! If we take our dogs out on a beach or to a public park, we need a JCB with a large loader bucket!:whistling: (They are Great Danes):D

My parents have Great Danes and isn't it the truth! They drop some massive deposits...lol.

It is truly impressive that Camilla picks up after her dogs because a lot of people don't and not doing so creates a nasty environment. I always pick up after my Scout and I even try to pick up stray poop other people have left, but it gets very exhausting picking up after others because I can't do it all! I just wish more people would do it!! So good for you, Duchess!!:angel:

Great pix giov. thank you so much. As for the horrors of dog ownership I can only suggest you all "Downsize". The obligations of owning a Chihuahu are far less onerous! :D

It is truly impressive that Camilla picks up after her dogs because a lot of people don't and not doing so creates a nasty environment. I always pick up after my Scout and I even try to pick up stray poop other people have left, but it gets very exhausting picking up after others because I can't do it all! I just wish more people would do it!! So good for you, Duchess!!:angel:
Drives me crazy when people don't pick up after their dogs! :bang: Of course I try when I can and have enough baggies (I usually take 3 with me on a walk just in case) but it's sort of like changing your own children's nappies, you can do that, but somebody elese's I get that gag reflex. . . :sick:
I'm glad she does that. I'm with you, Ada, I have a lot of respect for her for doing that! :flowers:

I always pick up after my dogs. That way I can send their deposits to people I dont like.

Remind me not to send you my mailing address, BeatrixFan.:lol::lol: BTW, I recently read your article on Princess Margaret and enjoyed it quite a bit. Thank you.

I always pick up after my dogs. That way I can send their deposits to people I dont like.

Great idea! But . . . somehow Chihuahua doggydo doesn't quite cut it! :ROFLMAO:

Naughty BeatrixFan. :lol:

I've been very ill for the last 2 weeks, roughly, and one night, about 4 a.m., I saw a news piece about Charles and Camilla. The news said that Charles is riding a new wave of high popularity, while Camilla's has plummeted in the last year. Do any of you in the U.K. know why Camilla's popularity has tanked? Is it because of the accusations of laziness??

Great idea! But . . . somehow Chihuahua doggydo doesn't quite cut it! :ROFLMAO:
Highly illegal as well, unless you are Sharon Osborne who said she sends it on a regular basis! :D
I've been very ill for the last 2 weeks, roughly, and one night, about 4 a.m., I saw a news piece about Charles and Camilla. The news said that Charles is riding a new wave of high popularity, while Camilla's has plummeted in the last year. Do any of you in the U.K. know why Camilla's popularity has tanked? Is it because of the accusations of laziness?
Hope you are feeling better now! I think it depends who did the poll, according to some her popularity has remained at a low level, others it increased and then fell. I think it depends on the type of poll and how they phrase the question. Yahoo for instance has had a poll but that is one of these where you can clear your cookies and vote again and again. I have to wonder whatever the result, how you can ask even a thousand people their opinion and come up with any accurate answer, representing the entire population of the UK.:flowers:

I think part of it had to do with a bunch of negative publicity when she decided not to accompany Charles on the Indonesian part of his tour because the climate was too hot and humid or she needed to arrange his birthday party or whatever. This is somewhat the same sort of thing that the younger generation are catching flak for, as did Princess Margaret - royals are expected to grin and bear it and just get on with it when things are unpleasant, they aren't supposed to cherry pick the pleasanter stuff and duck the difficult or strenuous bits. Her detractors are just waiting for this sort of excuse to pile on, and I think there's been a knock-on effect on public opinion.

A percentage of the British public didn't even realise a royal tour was happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom