The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 12: July 2008-December 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MARG, to be clear...my numbers were from the official Court Circular for last year and this year. Please take the time to look through the actual Circular of engagements Camilla has undertaken and count them up. 85 solo engagements last year in total. I'm pretty sure the official court circular is an accurate count..or do you disagree?

As far as the Landmines issue...there are many, many, many issues Camilla could be involved with on any level. It would be wise, from a PR point of view (IMO), for her to forge a new course, not one associated with her predecessor.

Furthermore, I would appreciate it if you would refrain from calling me sarcastic for pointing out that Camilla has not performed nearly as many engagements at 60, as the wife of the Heir to the Throne, as compared to her in-laws. When you look at the number of engagements carried out by The Princess Royal or the Duke of E in his 90s, Camilla does not come remotely close to the number of engagements logged (approximately 50% of the number performed by her 94 year old FIL).

Could you please tell me who is the 94 year old FIL?

Philip will be 88 next month so it isn't him.

I am sure you also took into account when quoting the figures about engagements the fact that Camilla had major surgery last year that kept her away from public engagements for many weeks and that she also does a lot of engagements with her husband. She has also only been a member of the RF for four years and has joined it at a much later age than most.

MARG, to be clear...my numbers were from the official Court Circular for last year and this year. Please take the time to look through the actual Circular of engagements Camilla has undertaken and count them up. 85 solo engagements last year in total. I'm pretty sure the official court circular is an accurate count..or do you disagree?

As far as the Landmines issue...there are many, many, many issues Camilla could be involved with on any level. It would be wise, from a PR point of view (IMO), for her to forge a new course, not one associated with her predecessor.

Furthermore, I would appreciate it if you would refrain from calling me sarcastic for pointing out that Camilla has not performed nearly as many engagements at 60, as the wife of the Heir to the Throne, as compared to her in-laws. When you look at the number of engagements carried out by The Princess Royal or the Duke of E in his 90s, Camilla does not come remotely close to the number of engagements logged (approximately 50% of the number performed by her 94 year old FIL).

As long as we're dealing with numbers from the Court Circular, it'd be good to know that we're comparing like with like.

Could you give us the number of joint engagements Camilla undertakes with Charles, and also the number of solo engagements undertaken by Prince Philip and the number of his joint engagements with the Queen?

As for comparing her with Princess Anne, most members of the royal family look like slackers next to her.

Camilla is not involved with any Landmine issues, although I am sure Guy Willoughby enjoys her support. She was visiting her Battalion, at their invitation, to watch them in training, part of which is searching for Landmines.:rolleyes:

When you look at the number of engagements carried out by The Princess Royal or the Duke of E in his 90s, Camilla does not come remotely close to the number of engagements logged (approximately 50% of the number performed by her 94 year old FIL).

Where does the number 85 solo engagements come from, not the Court Circular as the engagements are merely listed for the previou day? They are not totalled in the CC. Camilla undertook 217 engagements in 2008, this can be vertified in print ( source Tim Donovan The Times Dec 31st 2008) Tim Donovan does not total solo engagements separately from joint engagements for a couple. Eg The Duchess of Gloucestor undertook 144 engagements last year, we don't know how many were solo and how many were with her husband. Same with the Wessexes.

I think it's already been pointed out her FIL isn't 94! He's also steadily decreasing his total engagements per year, ( 354 in 2008, no idea how many were solo) By the time he is 94 Camilla's total will have overtaken him as she's increasing her engagements each year and he's decreasing.

Princess Anne's workload is held up everytime someone wants to criticise Camilla's but then even Anne can't sustain it and is decreasing. From a peak in 2005 of 640 engagements to 534 in 2008.

Charles, Camilla, William and Harry are all gradually increasing their public engagements.

The Queen, DoE, and Anne are decreasing.

Wessexes, Gloucestors, Kents ( Duke and Alexandra) are all maintaining around the same amount, depending on the year.

Andrew's fluctuates up and down from year to year, 535 (2005) 446 (2006) 556 (2007) 507 ( 2008)

I have hard copies of Tim Donovan's tallies from The Times showing the number of engagements for members of the royal family.

As long as we're dealing with numbers from the Court Circular, it'd be good to know that we're comparing like with like.

Could you give us the number of joint engagements Camilla undertakes with Charles, and also the number of solo engagements undertaken by Prince Philip and the number of his joint engagements with the Queen?

As for comparing her with Princess Anne, most members of the royal family look like slackers next to her.

Elspeth, I dont have time to count up everything for each person this weekend....however, for the calendar year 2008...solo..Camilla 85, Phillip 185. For the first quarter of 2009, Camilla 20, Phillip 38. Camilla averages half or less of her elderly father in law's number of engagements. This information is open to anyone who would like to see the reality, as stated by the Royal household. Go to the COurt Circular, hit search past events and start counting. These are the official numbers, not something I have invented.

If the Camilla Claque insists, before they wiill accept the number, I will type it up line by line so as to settle the matter, next week. Hopefully, it will then no longer be 'sarcasm and condescending'.

:previous:

I'm sorry to say but sometimes your comments do come across as either sarcastic or condescending.
Then I guess that Camilla should have turned down the presidency of Barnardo's. :ermm:
And welcome to TRF Aurora.

Elspeth, I dont have time to count up everything for each person this weekend....however, for the calendar year 2008...solo..Camilla 85, Phillip 185. For the first quarter of 2009, Camilla 20, Phillip 38. Camilla averages half or less of her elderly father in law's number of engagements. This information is open to anyone who would like to see the reality, as stated by the Royal household. Go to the COurt Circular, hit search past events and start counting. These are the official numbers, not something I have invented.

If the Camilla Claque insists, before they wiill accept the number, I will type it up line by line so as to settle the matter, next week. Hopefully, it will then no longer be 'sarcasm and condescending'.

IMHO the number of solo engagements is also a reflection of the number of charities and patronages that each member of the Royal family is associated with.

Breakdown from the official BRF website:

The Queen - 635, The Duke of Edinburgh - 815, The Prince of Wales - 476, The Duchess of Cornwall - 58, Prince William - 21, Prince Harry - 9, The Duke of York - 131, The Earl of Wessex - 65, The Countess of Wessex - 63, The Princess Royal - 323, The Duke of Gloucester - 131, The Duchess of Gloucester - 75, The Duke of Kent - 124, The Duchess of Kent - 74, and Princess Alexandra - 126 Joint memberships have not been included.

. . . . . . . . . As far as the Landmines issue...there are many, many, many issues Camilla could be involved with on any level. It would be wise, from a PR point of view (IMO), for her to forge a new course, not one associated with her predecessor. . . . . . .
To reiterate my question in my previous post.
Did you actually take the time to read the above article?
Your reply speaks for itself. Instead of correcting a misunderstanding? you pontificate on Camilla's need to "forge a new course"! :nonono:

If the Camilla Claque insists, before they wiill accept the number,
I thought this was a current events thread. :rolleyes:
Claque -
a group of persons hired to applaud an act or performer.
2. a group of sycophants.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Lets not just scoot around the issue here. Surely, the relevant statistic is the total number of engagements Camilla carries out in a year, and not just the ones she does on her own. As somebody who was always saw her role as primarily supporting her husband, that is probably right. However, like it or not, she will be consort to the next King, and I think it is important she increases her public profile, primarily by carryig out more engagements (jointly or independently). I do think she needs to gradually work her way up to between 300-400 engagements a year.

Draw a veil over that one, Camilla: Duchess accidentally destroys commemorative plaque | Mail Online

Hé hé good one !! :ROFLMAO:...love the "oops!" look on her face :D !

Her reaction was quite good :D

Camilla, HRH The Duchess of Cornwall visits a drop-in homeless
shelter in Plymouth. During the tour of Sheinah Mission, Camilla
met staff volunteers and homeless people from the Plymouth area.
Camilla unveils a plaque, but unfortunately manages to pull it of
its stand, sending it crashing to the floor.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** IBL **

Oh how awful for Camilla to do something like that. Nearly as bad as when the champayne bottle didn't break on the QV. Love the shock faces of both Camilla and the staff. :flowers:

:previous: However, everyone there saw the funny side, it had only been put on with Blu-Tack. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

:previous: However, everyone there saw the funny side, it had only been put on with Blu-Tack. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Blu-Tack!!!!! Oh how I hate that dreaded Blu-Tack . . . . makes a mess of everything. Oh I know! Why don't they aim for honesty in advertising and rename it Tacky-Blue! :rolleyes: :D

Poor Camilla, poor dignitaries, and how great it is that her sense of humour is better than the average self important "guest". Even so, I'm betting the brains trust behind that iinspired innovation won't live it down any time soon! :ROFLMAO::nonono::ROFLMAO:

It had only been put on with Blu-Tack? Is that what always happens will plaque with the royals, just in case :lol::lol:
That must've made Camilla feel a little better. That she hadn't broken anything permanently. :flowers:

Pics 11.6.2009

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall arrives at the Unicorn Theatre in
Southwark south London to view a production of For the Best,
June 11, 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

:previous:
Haven't seen Camilla at a show for a while, she looks very calm when meeting the pirate is it? :flowers:

Every year as the swifts fly in for their summer migration to Scotland, other visitors come too, just as predictably. Enthusiasts will spot the familiar plumage of tartan and tweed as Charles and Camilla embark on their annual tour of Scotland

Downtoearth Duchess Finds Winning Ways (from The Herald )

If Prince Charles ever wonders whether he made the right decision when he risked a second marriage, the proof that he did is captured in the public's acceptance of Camilla. She is now welcomed wherever they go
:clap::clap:

:previous: Thanks for the link Skydragon. It's about time the press actually started printing what so many are saying on the net and in any truely honest "independent" paper. We think Charles wife is just the ticket for all of the reasons stated in the article. :flowers:

I agree - I think that Camilla has had an amazing turnaround from her days of being one of the most hated women in Britain.

There are always going to be a pocket of Diana fans that are never going to accept her but I feel that a lot of people now see how happy Charles is with her and how good for Charles she has been.

Camilla has been very good at slowly developing her role so that people have had a chance to get used to it and I feel that when Charles does become King (if this is still quite a few years away) that she will by that time be quite widely accepted as it will be recognised how much stability she brings to Charles which can only be good for the British Monarchy.

Camilla has stood up well to all the scrutiny. She has done fabulously well, it must be very difficult for her at times.

What a beautiful article, it's good that the press are finally getting behind Camilla. :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom