The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 12: July 2008-December 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The portrait is beautifully render and captures the Duchess of Cornwall spirit in her eyes. I don't think it is realistic though. It shows her younger and her prominent chin is downsized. I hope I don't offend.:rolleyes::):rolleyes:

I think the chin appears downsized because of the face-on style

The portrait is beautifully render and captures the Duchess of Cornwall spirit in her eyes. I don't think it is realistic though. It shows her younger
Very few portraits show the person as they are if you judge them against media photo's!:rolleyes:

Very few portraits show the person as they are if you judge them against media photo's!:rolleyes:

Cameras don't lie. But you don't sense a person's essence either. I remember reading that the Duchess is more becoming in person.:rolleyes::):rolleyes:

That's a good portrait. Have a bit of rough strokes and IMO, captured her essence rather than an exact physical copy. I'm not a fan of her helmet hair, but actually liked how it looks on canvas.

The portrait is great - i love it!
Maybe you can discuss if a photo or a pic can lie or not but if you ever have seen Camilla you know that the painter did a really good job!:flowers:

LOVELY portrait! Though I'm not particularly taken by the eyes. They don't quite look like her eyes, imo. Or perhaps its the nose...I'm not sure...perhaps it does look like her up close. I wouldn't know personally.

A true success though.

I quite agree. For a start they make you look fatter than you actually are.:ohmy:

Photos might make you a little fatter looking, but a prominent chin and wrinkles you can not hide. The portrait was beautiful. Her eyes shown her essence, but other things were distorted in my opinion.:rolleyes::);)

Photos might make you a little fatter looking
And many other things, it depends on the angle, what you were doing in that one second of time, the lighting, make up etc, etc and of course your own bias. As they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder. :rolleyes::);)

:previous: Good for her if it is correct!:flowers: However, the article says -
However, the Daily Telegraph understands that the letter, sent last year, was from the wife of the future King. The Duchess’s highly unusual intervention in the political arena was disclosed as Gordon Brown faced fresh criticism over his handling of the issue from Miss Lumley
- which means they are still guessing as the name of the 'senior royal' was not mentioned!
The actress, who is spearheading the fight, disclosed that a senior Royal had expressed their support in a letter to her. She refused to name the Royal but, according to The Daily Telegraph, the Duchess of Cornwall - the wife of the future king - wrote to Ms Lumley last year.

Did Camilla Privately Back Gurkha Campaign? Joanna Lumley Claims Backing Of Mystery Senior Royal | Politics | Sky News
In many media outlets, it is being stated as known, this is how an oft repeated rumour becomes fact.:whistling:

Last edited:
Photos might make you a little fatter looking, but a prominent chin and wrinkles you can not hide. The portrait was beautiful. Her eyes shown her essence, but other things were distorted in my opinion.:rolleyes::);)
It's not the photos that make you fat, it's those darned Krispy Kreme's. . .
The portrait is quite striking. I really, REALLY like it.

Whoever the royal is that is backing Joana Lumley´s campaign for the Ghurkas is my kind of person.

Whoever the senior royal is, my hat's off to them for wanting to try to help these men. The treatment of the Ghurkas by the government is shameful- these men literally put their lives on the line for the United Kingdom. If anyone has earned the right to settle in Britain it is the Ghurkas. Terrible decision by the government and it is rightly being savaged for it.

I know the royals are very careful not to involve themselves in anything that might be sticky politically but I think it just goes to show the depth of feeling that this issue has aroused in people. BTW my money is on Prince Philip being the letter writer- many of the Ghurkas are men of his generation and the Prince knows the difference they made for the UK in WWII and in earlier wars.

Last edited by a moderator:
why can't camilla write a letter?

Forgive my ignorance. What is the great sin if the Duchess did write a letter of support. Prince Charles writes letters to the government all the time. What is the difference? Are Royals not supposed to take controversial views. Is she not to have an opinion as a Consort?
Is it because this is a military issue?
Please enlighten me. Anyone. Thanks

IMO, Joanna Lumley is old enough, and has been in public long enough, to know throwing out a teaser about support from a senior royal would inevitably invite questions to the royal's identity. If there really was a private letter of support, she should treat it as private from the beginning. Putting out statement that it wasn't DoC only serves to give ammunition to tabloids speculating why the Duchess doesn't support the campaign. Ms Lumley owes DoC an apology.

The controversy over the Gurkhas is a political matter, none of the royals are supposed to express a political opinion. She can have an opinion, as long as she keeps it to herself.
IMO, whoever has offered their support to the campaign deserves praise.

Camilla and letters...

But..
Didn't P. Charles express a public opinion about the fox hunting ban?...

But..
Didn't P. Charles express a public opinion about the fox hunting ban?...
The debacle over the Gurkhas is one that belongs firmly in the Labour governments lap, they are the party that have changed the rules to stop the older soldiers from being allowed to stay. The Conservatives and Lib Dems support the Gurkhas, therefore it would be seen as acting against the government. They are not allowed to be seen to support one political party over another. The foxhunting issue was not endorsed by one party, although he even got into trouble for allegedly expressing his opinion.:flowers:

Last edited:
Pics 14.5.2009

HRH Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall arrives at the Royal Albert Hall
for the Classical Brit Awards 2009 on May 14, 2009 in London,
England.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** getty gallery **

an improvement with the designer dress.

:)She looks nice-actually better in the dress now than in December. She looks like she lost a little weight and the dress looks like it was altered in the top to fit better - See Pic 3

WOW, one wonders what's holding it all, er, UP?

It does look more like a fitted dress now, it suits her figure better. It was beautiful the first time it was, and it is even more beautiful now. x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom