The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 11: February-July 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I knew Hills was from good stock.

What does the Prince of Wales and his Duchess have to do with the electoral campaign in a foreign country's endeavours to find a future President?

Please keep on topic.

What does the Prince of Wales and his Duchess have to do with the electoral campaign in a foreign country's endeavours to find a future President?

Please keep on topic.

Nothing! Why shoudn´t they?

The story with the family tree starts in very american election campaign. It´s nothing but a joke to look for prominent relatives, i think.
Some time before we had an article that Camilla is a cousin of Madonna ( the singer)...( very very distantly related).

Noboday will take it seriously, i hope...and Charles and Camilla are not involved at all!

Some time before we had an article that Camilla is a cousin of Madonna ( the singer)...( very very distantly related).

Nobody will take it seriously, i hope...and Charles and Camilla are not involved at all!
Clinton, who is of French-Canadian descent on her mother's side, is a distant cousin of Madonna, Céline Dion and Alanis Morissette. Other distant cousins include writer Jack Kerouac and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall
I think this story is hilarious, but have to wonder why they feel the need to suggest they are distantly related in the first place! :ermm:

I think this story is hilarious, but have to wonder why they feel the need to suggest they are distantly related in the first place! :ermm:

If they are all blue-eyed, new research has proven that they are all related indeed - with all other blue-eyed people as well. Probably the source of this article. :D

I wonder if I'm related to the other people too! I know I'm related to Camilla and Madonna (the un-Virgin) through ancestors in Quebec.

Duchess visits crisp factory

Managing director Les Sayers said Camilla was "really lovely" and had been genuinely interested during the tour.

Duchess Visits Crisp Factory (from Hereford Times)
Thank you for the articles milla Ca. :flowers: I think he summed Camilla up perfectly - Camilla really was a delight to be with - and I wouldn't say no to a bag of Tyrrells Slightly Salted myself! :D

Thank you for the article, milla Ca!

And one excited pupil simply couldn't resist and jumped up and hugged a surprised Camilla

It looks like the Duchess is winning over a lot of people. :wub:

Pics 22.4.2008

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall at Rufford Primary School
Stourbridge, England - 22.04.08

Pic 3 with the hug is too cute :)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

How is Emma Parker Bowles related to Camilla? I always notice her in Tatler doing reports on new cars and have wanting to ask for awhile...

How is Emma Parker Bowles related to Camilla? I always notice her in Tatler doing reports on new cars and have wanting to ask for awhile...
Camilla used to be Emma Parker Bowles's aunt by marriage when Camilla was married to Andrew parker Bowles. Emma Parker Bowles's father Richard Parker Bowles is the younger brother of Andrew Parker Bowles. Tom PB and Laura Lopes Nee Parker Bowles are cousins of Emma PB.

Good for you BeatrixFan (and Happy Birthday for yesterday) - I'll check it out.

Also, I just had to add my "awww" to the line, that hug is just gorgeous.

That hug in post 83 (pic 3) is the best. In all my years of royal gazing I can't recall at the moment any embrace like that one. It's a killer for sure. :D All those kids at the Rufford school went home telling their families about their sweet hugs and talks with the Duchess. :wub:

Any one seen or heard of Camilla at a public engagement recently? Just confirms my contention that she seems to like to have her diary arranged as a flurry of activity for a few days to be followed by several weeks of quiet time. I am a huge supporter of Camilla and my only criticism of her is that she really should be carrying out (and certainly seen to be doing so!) a lot more engagements than she currently does. It does her no favours when the tabloids put together the league tables of the number of public engagements carried out during the year, and she almost always comes out at or near the bottom of the league. I know she really does not care about the publicity and never really wanted a very active life at a time when most people are retiring, but as the DoC, her role requires her to be seen regularly. These next few years are very key in the campaign for her to be accepted as the next Queen - and she really needs to be seen as a hard working royal devoted to her chosen causes (and I am in no way doubting the latter point!)

Last edited:
Thursday 15th May 2008
The Duchess of Cornwall, President, Devon County Agricultural Association, will attend the Devon County Show, West Point, Exeter.

Thursday 22nd May 2008
The Duchess of Cornwall will attend the RNLI Annual Presentation of Awards, Barbican, London.

Tuesday 27th May 2008
The Duchess of Cornwall, Patron, The Wiltshire Bobby Van Trust, will receive two new vehicles on behalf of The Wiltshire Bobby Van to celebrate their 10th Anniversary at Melksham Police Station, Hampton Park West, Melksham, Wiltshire.

The Prince of Wales - Diary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom