The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 10: November 2007-February 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren

Administrator in Memoriam
City
Sydney
Country
Australia
UKDuchessofCornwallsmaller.jpg

Arms of HRH The Duchess of Cornwall

Welcome to the Duchess of Cornwall current events thread, part 10

commencing November 2007

Part 9, covering the period 8 September to 15 November 2007 can be found here.

  

Last edited:
Georgiea, I want some botox! :D

Its easy and cheep too. Just find a good injector. But I do not think that Camilla has had it done. Going over the photos for the last six months it looks like some Glyco peels or a course of Micro dermabrasion. Or maybe something a lot simpler LOVE. :wub:

Its easy and cheep too. Just find a good injector. But I do not think that Camilla has had it done. Going over the photos for the last six months it looks like some Glyco peels or a course of Micro dermabrasion. Or maybe something a lot simpler LOVE. :wub:
Yuk to the Botox, it is unlikely anyone would have missed her having dermabrasion or peels..... we all know how Kay fro the Dirty Mail likes to 'comment' on anything even remotely negative he can think of. She is probably just using some of the new moisturising creams and as you say, lots of love! :flowers:

I'm glad she is looking radiant.
For me, I HATE growing old!!!

Has anyone heard a story about "Scotland Yard at the palace: who tried to poison Camilla?" - that was the headline in a yellow mag (one of the worst, to be honest) I saw this morning at the newsstand when I went to fetch fresh rolls from the bakery next door. I wonder if the whole thing is invented and if so - who does invent a story like that?

Has anyone heard a story about "Scotland Yard at the palace: who tried to poison Camilla?" - that was the headline in a yellow mag (one of the worst, to be honest) I saw this morning at the newsstand when I went to fetch fresh rolls from the bakery next door. I wonder if the whole thing is invented and if so - who does invent a story like that?
I had a quick trawl through the news channels and papers here, but have been unable to find anything. :flowers: Such a story would certainly have made the front pages here, I would have thought! :flowers:

I wonder if the whole thing is invented and if so - who does invent a story like that?
That's no secret, it's the writers sitting in the magazine's back office. Seriously.

That's no secret, it's the writers sitting in the magazine's back office. Seriously.

Yes, but this is different from the normal cases of invented stories. I mean: the queen hates Camilla, Camilla feels unloved, Charles and Camilla had a row- stories like that are easily invented as no one can prove or disprove them. But police at the palace because of a poisoning attempt? That's a rather serious claim, so I really wondered. But thanks for checking, Skydragon. :flowers:

Jo ,i remember that a read the headline of a similar story some weeks ago. I think it was the magazine ´Die Aktuelle´. Maybe it´s boring for the readers to read every week again and again about a seperation of C&C, or that Camilla was banned of the Royal Family... So these writers need new stuff and they know that only a few people are interested in the truth of their stories.
Other Royal Houses have lawyers who take these papers to court ( also in countries abraod). But i never heard that the British Royals did something like that.

Its pretty but less is more soooo
Not when you're a Royal! :D
Seriously, you have to bring out the baubles at the State Functions. Otherwise everything in your jewelry wardrobe wouldn't get used!
Tom Shane would be proud! :lol:

The Duchess is wearing Mrs Greville's baubles which belonged to The Queen Mother. QUEEN MOTHERS JUWEL CASKET | TIARA

I think Camilla can carry off the look, which is good for her, because there are lots and lots of pretties like that in the Royal safes and they should be worn so they can be seen and enjoyed. :)

It's probably better that further discussion of Mrs Greville's necklace be continued in the Duchess of Cornwall Jewellery thread.

thanks,
Warren
British Forums moderator

I don't believe all these absurd stories. I think the press makes up most of them to have something to entertain people . So, people keeps discussing idiotic (and false) issues for weeks...Then, they makes up other nice bunch of falsehoods, and so on...They keep people busy speaking about futile things while the important ones are never discussed...:rolleyes:

Vanesa.

I read about Camilla doing the launch months ago, probably in Daily Mail as well. What's the surprise? Launching a new flagship isn't like flipping a burger. No one calls up Camilla, or any royal, on Monday to drop by the yard by end of the week. What's going on with this paper?! Must be really slow news from William and Harry's company. They are recycling old bits.

This is so sad on the Daily Mail's part, really digging for something from nothing, in my opinion. Let's look at this objectively--the Queen has been handing over jewelery to Camilla to wear to help cement her as the future Queen Consort, Camilla is taking a more public role, she is accompanying the Queen on State Visits in the capacity as future Consort--does anyone believe for a minute that this was not arranged by the Queen? Cunard would naturally have gone to the Queen first for this honor, and I really think that the Queen passed it to Camilla in an effort to further solidify her future role as Queen Consort. Only Queens have named these liners, and now a future Queen will do so. I think the whole thing was engineered by the Queen and she is not in the least "surprised"!

It's sad. That stupid Daily Mail article which is most likely not even true has been picked up by other news sites.

Yet this article probably won't get picked up and this is what the public should be hearing about.
People: Hugo Rifkind - Times Online

The article I didn't think would be picked up - Richard Kay mentioned it first.
The part that shocks me is that he did a nice article on her.

I read about Camilla doing the launch months ago, probably in Daily Mail as well. What's the surprise? Launching a new flagship isn't like flipping a burger. No one calls up Camilla, or any royal, on Monday to drop by the yard by end of the week. What's going on with this paper?! Must be really slow news from William and Harry's company. They are recycling old bits.

Just another excuse to give Camilla haters a chance to fill the Comment section. I see a positive comment from Sam finally made it into print - I expect someone at the paper will be in trouble for letting that get through. I mean, we all know that everybody hates Camilla, after all....:rolleyes:

You are right. This had to be planned a while ago. I, hardly, think the queen was "surprised". They could have a Great Dane launch a ship, who really cares. The only thing that keeps this in one's eye is the comments. Should have been dismissed out of hand.

Wonderful article about Camilla sending libations to the wounded, and not at all surprising given the warmth that accompanies everything she does. I think that is fantastic! Also, I am not surprised that this type of information does not get picked up in the press; its just as Elspeth said, there are "Camilla Haters" out there. It's a pity that these people haven't really given her a chance, she's made the monarchy seem more approachable and friendly. She's also done wonders for Prince Charles! That tight-lipped smile of his has disappeared and he seems much more genuine these days.
On a different note, when a ship launches doesn't the Royal receive a token of some type? Anne got a tiara, the Queen has received brooches--what will Camilla be given as a thank you for the Royal venture?

In my very, very personal view, the article by Glen Owen (2007) has reflected the authour's subjective opinion. There are positive, neutral, and negative comments about the event in question. Thus, all of us are free to either agree or disagree with the authour. As for Duchess of Cornwal, I do not think she pays any attention to such trifles. Afterall she is quite busy solidifying her position as the future Consort and "... do[ing] wonders for Prince Charles" (jcbcode99, 2007, post#25).

Last edited:
Al Bina, you make me smile!

Just another excuse to give Camilla haters a chance to fill the Comment section. I see a positive comment from Sam finally made it into print - I expect someone at the paper will be in trouble for letting that get through. I mean, we all know that everybody hates Camilla, after all....:rolleyes:

:lol: 23 messages down the line and one gets through. Naughty Daily Mail staff.

:lol: 23 messages down the line and one gets through. Naughty Daily Mail staff.

Where is the duchess up to at the moment, btw? I miss Skydragon, she normally always has the latest information about Camilla ready shortly after 11 am German time... :flowers: Seems like I have to do my own research.

Surprising and unbelievable... Kay has to say something positive about Camilla... I stay sceptical, i´m afraid it only means that he moves to the next blow...

Camilla is rallying the troops

She has, i can reveal, sent a handwritten letter to every wounded soldier.(...) Some relatives have been invited to her home for tea. (...)

Camilla is rallying the troops | the Daily Mail
_________
Btw, i also miss Skydragon!:sad:

"Camilla is rallying the troops"

So this doesn't get lost, and to put it on the record, here is a small quote from milla Ca's Daily Mail link:

"Ever since she became Royal Colonel of 4th Battalion, The Rifles, the Duchess of Cornwall has taken a close personal interest in the welfare of the 650 men who have just returned from a gruelling tour of Iraq.

She has...sent a handwritten letter to every wounded soldier — and there have been 62 of them — as well as a £50 bottle of whisky or a hamper of food. Camilla has also written to the families of the battalion's 11 dead soldiers — not just to the widows but the fiancees of unmarried riflemen. Some relatives have even been invited to her home for tea.

This remarkable insight into a very private side of the Duchess has been revealed by the servicemen themselves, who have spoken of her unstinting support."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom