The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 10: November 2007-February 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is Skydragon? I thought something was missing......

i admire camilla's quiet support for the wounded, it's a gracious gesture and very meaningful to them i'm sure to not be "forgotten". while a note wouldn't help the pain of loss i'm sure the personal touch to the loved ones who made the ultimate sacrifice inspires pride in their broken hearts. imo it shows how much the duchess cares and is involved in many things we don't know about.

So this doesn't get lost, and to put it on the record, here is a small quote from milla Ca's Daily Mail link:

"Ever since she became Royal Colonel of 4th Battalion, The Rifles, the Duchess of Cornwall has taken a close personal interest in the welfare of the 650 men who have just returned from a gruelling tour of Iraq.

She has...sent a handwritten letter to every wounded soldier — and there have been 62 of them — as well as a £50 bottle of whisky or a hamper of food. Camilla has also written to the families of the battalion's 11 dead soldiers — not just to the widows but the fiancees of unmarried riflemen. Some relatives have even been invited to her home for tea.

This remarkable insight into a very private side of the Duchess has been revealed by the servicemen themselves, who have spoken of her unstinting support."
It's too bad my son's unit doesn't have such a benevolent benefactor!:ermm:

Coincidence..................??

Oh dear, certainly not.
I don't think anyone believes in 'coincidences' any more.
It is decided - Skydragon is the Duchess of Cornwall. :D

Oh dear, certainly not.

I had an idea about that funny suspicion as well but decided not to mention it here because I believe it will put our dearest member Skydragon in a very ackward situation and I don't want her to pull out of these forums because of it. (Have seen that happening).

So let me just state that there are much more clues that Skydragon is "NOT" HRH The Princess of Wales than there are that she is "HER". For example I doubt our dearest Camilla would have sent a message to the forum while actually driving up to a televised service (I confess I checked this... :ROFLMAO: - being a journalist, it comes with the business) - and Skydragon reacted humourously when I mentioned it. Still, her silence makes me fear the worst.

I really think it is an ackward situation for her - what started out as a means to tell a member that she is very much appreciated now seems to turn into something else. I don't like it.

Maybe one of the admins or mods could send Skydragon a message and ask her how she wants the situation to be dealt with?

Because: I want my Skydragon back! :flowers::wub: Britain at its best!!

Last edited:
I cannot possibly even begin to imagine TRF without our beloved Skydragon! It feels like we're missing a family member at Christmas or something.....

And if somebody knows whether the Prince of Wales is a member of TRF too, please tell me the name he uses. I would love to exchange PM´s with him!!:wub::D

Last edited:
Just don't let the Daily Mail get a hold of them!:lol:

Oh dear, certainly not.
SA-WEET!
And I've got a PM from her that I'll keep FOREVER!! :D

Skydragon----WHERE ARE YOU???

Tatler names its ´power blondes´

I really don't like them still calling her Camilla Parker Bowles.
:angry:
She is HRH the Duchess of Cornwall. It seems to me that she is still not completely accepted by everyone which is sad as she does a good job and she makes her prince happy. :flowers:

I do not think it was the tatler who made a mistake, have the copy at home and will check tonight, probably a typo from the NZ paper

She is HRH the Duchess of Cornwall. It seems to me that she is still not completely accepted by everyone which is sad as she does a good job and she makes her prince happy. :flowers:

I agree, Crownprincess, but i think it´s only an american habit to call her with the ´old ´ name. I think it hasn´t something to do with non acceptance.
If the English press use the name ´PB´ it´s something different, IMO.

Tatler names its ´power blondes´

The November issue of Tatler magazine compiled a list of the world´s ten most powerful blondes - nine of them were women.
(...) Prince Charles´wife Camilla at six.

Tatler names its 'power blondes' - 06 Dec 2007 - Fashion and beauty news - NZ Herald

P.S. Chelsy Davy is on the second place!

Are they crazy or stupid or what? Hillary Clinton and German Chancellor Angela Merkel are both blondes... Chelsy Davy more powerful than the head of the German government? It boggles my mind... :bang:

the 10 mentioned all live in the UK, that is what they have in common besides being blond. the nz paper got it all wrong

Are they crazy or stupid or what? Hillary Clinton and German Chancellor Angela Merkel are both blondes... Chelsy Davy more powerful than the head of the German government? It boggles my mind... :bang:

Let's hope that Skydragon is away on some fabulous vacation with Mr. Skydragon and didn't take her laptop.

If Skydragon doesn't show up by the new year, I'll send her an e-mail to see if everything is OK with her; as you said, she could just be on a get-away-from-it-all vacation or something.

In the meantime, assuming Skydragon isn't Camilla ;) :D, discussing her is off-topic in this thread, so please could we get back on topic?

You're right ! In my opinion this shows the poor quality of this ranking. Maby we shouldn't take this too serious. How about replacing Chelsy with Maxima if we cannot have Merkel and Clinton. I could accept seeing Maxima on a higher rank Camilla but certainly nor Chelsy.

I really just cannot comprehend how Chelsey received a high ranking as a powerful blonde--I know she probably exerts some influence over Harry, but its not she's Rasputin or someone!
I also am tired of hearing HRH The Duchess of Cornwall referred to as CPB--it is rude and inappropriate!

If Skydragon doesn't show up by the new year, I'll send her an e-mail to see if everything is OK with her; as you said, she could just be on a get-away-from-it-all vacation or something.

In the meantime, assuming Skydragon isn't Camilla ;) :D, discussing her is off-topic in this thread, so please could we get back on topic?
For a moment there, I thought I was on the wrong forum! :lol:

Skydragon said:
For a moment there, I thought I was on the wrong forum! :lol:

Well, I thought of opening a 'Where is Skydragon' or 'We miss Skydragon' thread, but since you are back... :rolleyes:
Welcome back, we missed you (as you could see from the posts here)! :)

It's cool Camilla made the Powerful Blonde list in Tatler this year. Chelsy too, again. Chelsy was on the list last year.... :rolleyes:
Although........... I have no idea what the list means. Powerful in what way? Powerful media figure? Powerful socially, politically, economically? :confused:
I would say to Jo of Palatine that this list does not appear to be about political powers.

Egads! I was in the supermarket the other day (a very unglamourous place, by the way, but one must eat....) and while waiting in line I glanced down and saw the National Enquirerer --which I DO NOT read. It's trash, but the headling and main picture grabbed my attention--it showed a marvelous picture of HRH The Duchess of Cornwall in the Boucheron tiara, five row diamond necklace, ears dripping in diamonds, holding a glass of champagne and the caption read "Camilla to be Queen; million pound divorce off; etc..." and I thought that it was nice that HRH would be Queen, but I had no idea there was trouble because they look so happy together. Such rubbish these rags tell to sell a few papers. WHo in the world would think that Charles and Camilla were unhappy? Has no one seen any pictures of the two of them together? Their happiness is contagious!

"Camilla to be Queen; million pound divorce off; etc..." and I thought that it was nice that HRH would be Queen, but I had no idea there was trouble because they look so happy together. Such rubbish these rags tell to sell a few papers. WHo in the world would think that Charles and Camilla were unhappy? Has no one seen any pictures of the two of them together? Their happiness is contagious!

If you want to read more of these ´divorce´-headlines, i can send you a dozen German yellow press magazines every week, jcbcode99. All you can do is to ignore this rubbish!:flowers:

The sixtysomething makeover

Who thought a glamourpuss could emerge so late in life? We tally the cost of Camilla Parker-Bowles´ transformation.

Printer Friendly
________
The Times tries to be funny? And then again Camilla Parker Bowles!
How bad and boring...i thought this kind of articles would be beneath for this paper!:bang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom