The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 1: March-June 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jo of Palatine said:
Probably they added the cost of the hairdresser and the cost of her maid up and built that enormous sum. Camilla surely has a ladies' maid who looks after Camilla's dresses ect. and does her hair like she was shown by the hairdresser? If you include all costs for an employée including employer's shares for social security etc. and add the cost for a famous hairdresser now and then you may end up with an amount like that.

Just my guess, of course...

4380 euros approx £3000. If that's is all her staff get, they should really complain! :D Lets at least try to keep it in perspective. It is not a great deal of money considering the cost of living for most people in London!
The article is not based on facts anyway.:eek:

Really the amount of money (if correct) is not obscene. Don't get me wrong..to the average Joe yes that is a lot of money. But to someone of her social status..its not. If true, I am sure it compensates for the fact that the hairdresser is at her beck and call (not to criticize that just stating a fact). Most likely it is also subsidizing the fact that by being so readily available, he is not taking other clients.

I imagine that any one in the public eye spends what we would think of as an insane amount for things like hair, clothes, makeup, manicures, etc. Its the cost of doing business.

Since Charles' income comes from the Duchy of Cornwall, not the taxpayers and they seem to have enough money, its not a problem and it seems pretty normal for someone in Camilla's position.

since i only know $ I can only say it seems like a large amount in any currancy. but it doesn't seem my business if its not taxpayer money, i decided to give the Duchess a break way back in san fransico, when she was sentimental about those 2 roses from the homeless men.
Any woman wants to look good when she goes out, and heaven help her if doesn't because they pick the worst photos they can (there was just an awful 1 of princess Anne in the papers this week).
i must say if that amount is for her whole staff that seems a bit stingy. Just another example of how much he loves her and wants her to be happy.

ysbel said:
I imagine that any one in the public eye spends what we would think of as an insane amount for things like hair, clothes, makeup, manicures, etc. Its the cost of doing business.

Since Charles' income comes from the Duchy of Cornwall, not the taxpayers and they seem to have enough money, its not a problem and it seems pretty normal for someone in Camilla's position.

Some hotels cost more than that for one night B & B, extra if you want lunch and dinner as well! :D

The original post was from fanletizia (post 60), followed by this post by Warren (post 76)
First quote: "One courtier told the Daily Mail..."
Second quote: "Celebrity stylist Richard Ward estimated Camilla could pay anything up to (Aus)$1,000 for a home visit..."I doubt that the Duchess will pay the full going rate, though"..."
Clarence House: "declined to comment."
'A spokesman said': "The Prince meets the Duchess of Cornwall's personal costs from his own private income, on which he pays tax."

Not a word from Camilla's hairdresser Hugh Green.

So before we hang, draw and quarter Camilla, bear in mind that it is all made up!:D

The prices Sophie's hairstylist quoted was for both a haircut and blowout. Most of the time Camilla probably isnt getting her haircut so it is less and I am positive Hugh is giving her deal. Personally I doubt if she is paying more then US $3500 a month. A decent sum but Charles from what I read gives her a certain amount higher since she married per year for clothes, hair etc. if she wants to spend it on Hugh that would be her decision. Although I doubt if Charles cares if she goes over. His matra these days seems If Camilla is happy,I am happy.:D

Charles is always to allow his wife to spend his money to support the lifestyle because his wife is the crowned princess of GB. He is quite glad to make Camilla as happy as he can. He is a very doting husband, father, brother.... It is in his character to do so.
I think Camilla is careful with Charles's money, see how she recycles her wardobe and we know how she is. Hair is very important to Camilla, she needs to ensure everything is perfect for her. She is still media-shy though she is very warm to the people.

Nice to know the people finally see that she is also a great mother.

Wow, now spouse of the Year. To think only two years ago this would have been unimaginable. Great Job Camilla!

I think so, too. But there were very bad comments on this site like: "Oh, she runs a full-time job with house, children and so on? What about normally spouses?"
After years of very bad press without just one comment of her she deserves good PR. And to be wife of heir to the throne life is much more difficult. Everytime in focus of people and press.

The point about the hairdresser comment is that Camilla's hair look awful, she's like Farrah Fawcett gone bad, the eternal 70's look and no hairdresser should be paid for allowing that crime to go on:eek: :cool:

hornsen said:
I think so, too. But there were very bad comments on this site like: "Oh, she runs a full-time job with house, children and so on? What about normally spouses?"
After years of very bad press without just one comment of her she deserves good PR. And to be wife of heir to the throne life is much more difficult. Everytime in focus of people and press.

They are just comments from very bitter, jealous old biddies that live in the past. Camilla is doing a marvelous job of supporting her husband and their children. I wouldn't want Camilla's job, would you, it's too much like hard work. :confused: I bet must women/men on here would get upset if one or two people were forever critisizing what they wore, what they ate or what they said. Can any of us imagine what she has to put up with, makes driving the kids to school, running a 4 bed house and working seem the easy option! :D

crisiñaki said:
The point about the hairdresser comment is that Camilla's hair look awful, she's like Farrah Fawcett gone bad, the eternal 70's look and no hairdresser should be paid for allowing that crime to go on:eek: :cool:

It may look awful to you but, to others it looks lovely, I should imagine you have just upset many on the forum who have a similar style.:eek:

Its not that bad most of the time. But sometimes it is just so big and frantic that it ruins how she looks.

Camilla looks awesome!!! She looks younger and younger each day!!

Skydragon said:
It may look awful to you but, to others it looks lovely, I should imagine you have just upset many on the forum who have a similar style.:eek:

Don't take my words in the wrong way, Camilla is a fine exponent of the "helmet hair" but that hairdo doesn't need a full time hairdresser, it's just basically stuck on her head; maybe others in the forum wear it but no one should take offense, no other member has a hairdresser at beck and call:rolleyes: :D

crisiñaki said:
Don't take my words in the wrong way, Camilla is a fine exponent of the "helmet hair" but that hairdo doesn't need a full time hairdresser, it's just basically stuck on her head; maybe others in the forum wear it but no one should take offense, no other member has a hairdresser at beck and call:rolleyes: :D

As I and others have said before, some hair is very difficult to keep looking good. Long hair is a lot easier to look after, what we don't want is a gelled up wannabe modern style. So yes, I believe it is hair that benefits from having a full time stylist while she is on tour.

There is no possible argument that can work for Camilla having a hairstylist on beck and call nearly everyday. But, it is her husbands money and not the tax payers so I wont go any further.

One reason for a personal hairdresser is the fitting of tiaras. Its not something you can do yourself and the hairdresser has to know how to weave the hair into the tiara to make it stay. Most run of the mill hairdressers wouldn't know how which is why royals and nobles take their own hairdressers to the U.S. if they are going to a tiara event. They can't find the hairdressers in the U.S. that can do it.

Princejohnny25 said:
There is no possible argument that can work for Camilla having a hairstylist on beck and call nearly everyday. But, it is her husbands money and not the tax payers so I wont go any further.

What is she supposed to do, have him flown out? Considering the news that Di's water feature is costing the British taxpayer £250,000 per year, I have no problem with Charles paying for an on call hair stylist!

1. I am pretty comfortable with the money, spent on Camilla's hair. After all, it's not the taxpayers, who pay the money. You don't ask how much Mrs Trump or Hilary Clinton are spending on their hair, do you? Even I have a personal hairdresser, who comes at my place to do my hair. AND unlike many here, I do like Camilla's hair, I simply don't imagine her with a different hairstyle.
2. I am thrilled to hear that Camilla was names "best spouse of the year". A title trully deserved, in my opinion. She was a great wife to Charles, always supportive and careful. I am also delighted that the majority of the comments were positive. Here are some of them (it's not more then 20% of the page so I think it's ok).

Wonderful and fully deserved. Charles, her children and step children adore her!

I think its very clear that Camilla is far more suitable for Charles than Diana ever was. Despite the disgusting barrage of hatred by some, she has never lashed out, just maintained a dignified silence. Diana, bless her, was not strong enough for the job of Consort.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/Congratulations, Camilla! You truly deserve the prize. Thank you for supporting and encouraging Prince Charles to do a wonderful job as Prince of Wales for so many years! Best wishes to both of them!

Have a missed a posting??? HRH became patron of Friends of Lacock Church Appeal (from 24/02/2006). sorry if i missed it but i just saw it on TRH website, but it's another string to her bow.

Huh, I dont remember that either. I guess it just wasnt announced. What is it though.

MOLEY said:
Have I missed a posting??? HRH became patron of Friends of Lacock Church Appeal (from 24/02/2006). sorry if i missed it but i just saw it on TRH website, but it's another string to her bow.

A lot of the patronages are only announced locally (to the charity) and on the official website, they are certainly building up!:)Another one is The British Equestrian Foundation.

Last edited:
Regardless of the amount of $ that Camilla spends on her hair or does not spend on her hair, and regardless if the public thinks her hairstyle is out of date and ugly, I personally would much prefer to see her with her hair done professionally than when she used to do it. Even though her hairstyle has not changed, there have been some small changes that have made it much softer looking. It is not so out of control as when she used to do it. Not to mention that she has no one to answer to except herself and her husband. And if they like the style, why change it? And why should the public care how much $$ they spend on it! If they have it and want to spend it, so be it! It's their's. No one tells other people how to spend their $. It should not be any different for them.
As for her recieving her award...Good for her. Every spouse likes some sort of positive recognizition.

sesa said:
Regardless of the amount of $ that Camilla spends on her hair or does not spend on her hair, and regardless if the public thinks her hairstyle is out of date and ugly, I personally would much prefer to see her with her hair done professionally than when she used to do it. Even though her hairstyle has not changed, there have been some small changes that have made it much softer looking. It is not so out of control as when she used to do it. Not to mention that she has no one to answer to except herself and her husband. And if they like the style, why change it? And why should the public care how much $$ they spend on it! If they have it and want to spend it, so be it! It's their's. No one tells other people how to spend their $. It should not be any different for them.
As for her recieving her award...Good for her. Every spouse likes some sort of positive recognizition.

Well said sesa. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom