The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 5: February 2015-January 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad to see her back in action and focusing on mental health. Can't wait to see what other engagements she has planned.

Fall is blowing in . . . and it's bringing Princess Kate!

The royal mom, 33, is picking up where she left off in the spring, by doing what she can to help vulnerable children.

Kensington Palace announced on Friday that she will visit a family school run by the Anna Freud Centre in London on September 17. The charity looks to holistically help kids, and its school offers education alongside therapeutic support.

"Over the next few months the duchess will be concentrating on children's mental health and promote the early intervention message and help prevent family breakdown," a palace source tells PEOPLE.
Read more: Princess Kate Set to 'Really Get Going' with Work, Says Palace Source : People.com

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal
The Duchess to visit the Anna Freud Centre @afcevents on 17 Sept to see their work in children's mental health care.

Excellent, I look forward to seeing her out and about again.

I had a feeling that Sept. was when we'd see a return to her royal engagements though she did do one in July. William would have settled in to his routine with EAAA. Charlotte would be through her newborn phase and George used to having his sister in his life.

Last edited:
I had a feeling that Sept. was when we'd see a return to her royal engagements though she did do one in July. William would have settled in to his routine with EAAA. Charlotte would be through her newborn phase and George used to having his sister in his life.
Exactly :)

Yep. This is usually when most moms go back to work. It makes sense.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Yet another aspect of children's welfare and wellbeing being added to the string of concerns that Kate is going to be trying to put the spotlight on. I think its simply wonderful and another thought has occurred to me of another wonderful benefit to come from all her focus on children.

Her own son and daughter, over time, will ask questions about the kids mom is going off to support and in that way too, both George and Charlotte from an early age will know about and understand what other little kids like them are going through and why they need compassion and understanding and help. To me, that is an essential education for those children that will, in the future, also be in a position to do something positive.

I think this area needs a voice and attention... And I think Kate should concentrate on this kind of engagements, she would do good for the cause!

I hope Catherine will also use her voice for this cause. Actually using her voice can help make a powerful impact.

Finally we get to see Catherine again. I'm looking forward into the engagement - mental health appears to be an issue that she cares about, so I'm sure she'll be brilliant during this visit.

I hope Catherine will also use her voice for this cause. Actually using her voice can help make a powerful impact.

Words are useful. It's actions that are more important, and powerful. Catherine's appearance will be a good way to raise awareness, and her interacting with the children will do wonders. At the end of the day, those things carry more weight than a speech.

Finally! It's been a long dry spell. I'm so glad that it's time for royal engagements to start picking up again.

I do hope People is correct about her increasing her engagements now that she's coming out of maternity leave. Chronologically, it's past time for her to start playing a more significant role as one of the senior royals, though of course having two children naturally slowed things down a bit.

The DoC (nor William) is not a full time royal. She is not going to play a 'significant' role until the Queen tells her to or until Charles becomes King.

LaRae

And the Cambridges and Prince Harry are currently considered to be part-time royals rather than full time ones. That does mean that the three will not be making as many public appearances as the rest of the working members of the BRF.

The DoC (nor William) is not a full time royal. She is not going to play a 'significant' role until the Queen tells her to or until Charles becomes King.

LaRae

And the Cambridges and Prince Harry are currently considered to be part-time royals rather than full time ones. That does mean that the three will not be making as many public appearances as the rest of the working members of the BRF.

Absolutely. Excellent points, bot of you :flowers:.

Words are useful. It's actions that are more important, and powerful. Catherine's appearance will be a good way to raise awareness, and her interacting with the children will do wonders. At the end of the day, those things carry more weight than a speech.

True, actions are powerful, but I think Catherine could use her voice more though. I'd like to hear about her passions and what she think from her own voice a bit more.

Although, Catherine isn't Princess of Wales at the moment, she could step up things a little and I'm looking forward to her getting back to work.

True, actions are powerful, but I think Catherine could use her voice more though. I'd like to hear about her passions and what she think from her own voice a bit more.

Although, Catherine isn't Princess of Wales at the moment, she could step up things a little and I'm looking forward to her getting back to work.
I respect your opinion, but I disagree. She shows her passions through her actions. Maybe she feels more comfortable that way. Constantly yammerung on, and on isn't always good either. She's doing fine as is. Let her be.

I respect your opinion, but I disagree. She shows her passions through her actions. Maybe she feels more comfortable that way. Constantly yammerung on, and on isn't always good either. She's doing fine as is. Let her be.

I too think she's doing a good job. I'm not criticizing her on the job, I just think it would be good to hear her own thoughts about her charitable causes. We hear from The Prince of Wales, William and Harry, Anne, Sophie, etc on their passions and thoughts about many things. It's no harm for us to hear a little more from Catherine too. No one is saying for her to deliver a 20 page speech, but her actions and voice matters. The two video messages she made was great. I'd like to see more of stuff like that from her. Her actions are beautiful, but many people (including me) want to know what she's thinking on behalf of her charities and what she's passionate about. There's nothing wrong in her expressing her thoughts vocally on worthy causes.

For some reason, people just get the wrong idea when me or others talk about Catherine's growth in her official role as a senior member of the royal family.

I too think she's doing a good job. I'm not criticizing her on the job, I just think it would be good to hear her own thoughts about her charitable causes. We hear from The Prince of Wales, William and Harry, Anne, Sophie, etc on their passions and thoughts about many things. It's no harm for us to hear a little more from Catherine too. No one is saying for her to deliver a 20 page speech, but her actions and voice matters. The two video messages she made was great. I'd like to see more of stuff like that from her. Her actions are beautiful, but many people (including me) want to know what she's thinking on behalf of her charities and what she's passionate about. There's nothing wrong in her expressing her thoughts vocally on worthy causes.

For some reason, people just get the wrong idea when me or others talk about Catherine's growth in her official role as a senior member of the royal family.
I understand you. I think what "turns people of" is that usually when people "suggest" growth they make it sound more as a demand or a "she should" thing than a "i hope in the future they go this way since I think the role would gain much from that". More of how it's portrayed than the suggestion itself. Plus alot of us are a little stingy because so many write negatively about her, so we might easily think there is some underlaying malice in posts "suggesting" things :)

Though it's changed a bit in recent years, when it comes to royal engagements, there tends to be more doing rather than speaking. And they tend not to say anything particularly notable or personal (there have been some exceptions with William and Harry in their interviews, and of course Charles is known for tackling some of his favorite issues in speeches, but for the most part, the royals tend to stay away from making it too much about them.) When I think of the impact that different royals have had with regard to different causes, it's almost always a lot more to do with seeing what they done, rather than remembering anything they said.

I understand you. I think what "turns people of" is that usually when people "suggest" growth they make it sound more as a demand or a "she should" thing than a "i hope in the future they go this way since I think the role would gain much from that". More of how it's portrayed than the suggestion itself. Plus alot of us are a little stingy because so many write negatively about her, so we might easily think there is some underlaying malice in posts "suggesting" things :)

I see what mean. I'm a big supporter of the Cambridge's, have been since it was publically known Catherine and William were a couple. I know Catherine has received a great deal of harsh criticism since she became a senior royal. I just think it would be great to see her role grow. It's not a demand, but I know she has gained a great deal of confidence to expand her official role. Making speeches isn't an easy thing to do, and it takes years of practice to really get the hang of it. The only way to gain that experience is to actually do it. Catherine's actions on carrying out her duties on behalf of her charities has been great, I just think it would be good, for her and her charities, to vocally express her support, passion and interest too.

Catherine delivered a beautiful speech when she visited her old school, St Andrews, Pangbourne. She mentioned in the speech, when she was a young girl, she wanted to be a teacher. We probably wouldn't have known that if she didn't vocally express it. Her appearances are powerful, but her own voice can take things to another level.

Though it's changed a bit in recent years, when it comes to royal engagements, there tends to be more doing rather than speaking. And they tend not to say anything particularly notable or personal (there have been some exceptions with William and Harry in their interviews, and of course Charles is known for tackling some of his favorite issues in speeches, but for the most part, the royals tend to stay away from making it too much about them.) When I think of the impact that different royals have had with regard to different causes, it's almost always a lot more to do with seeing what they done, rather than remembering anything they said.

Trust me, the voice can be a powerful weapon when it comes down to helping worthy causes and organizations. Actions are also a very powerful way to make a difference. There have to be a balance of the two when it comes to stuff like this.

I enjoy watching Catherine engage with children and adults alike, but actually hearing from her is even more exciting and memorable. You can also gain an understanding what she think about her charities and how far they've come.

Last edited:
I see what mean. I'm a big supporter of the Cambridge's, have been since it was publically known Catherine and William were a couple. I know Catherine has received a great deal of harsh criticism since she became a senior royal. I just think it would be great to see her role grow. It's not a demand, but I know she has gained a great deal of confidence to expand her official role. Making speeches isn't an easy thing to do, and it takes years of practice to really get the hang of it. The only way to gain that experience is to actually do it. Catherine's actions on carrying out her duties on behalf of her charities has been great, I just think it would be good, for her and her charities, to vocally express her support, passion and interest too.

Catherine delivered a beautiful speech when she visited her old school, St Andrews, Pangbourne. She mentioned in the speech, when she was a young girl, she wanted to be a teacher. We probably wouldn't have known that if she didn't vocally express it. Her appearances are powerful, but her own voice can take things to another level.

Trust me, the voice can be a powerful weapon when it comes down to helping worthy causes and organizations. Actions are also a very powerful way to make a difference. There have to be a balance of the two when it comes to stuff like this.

I enjoy watching Catherine engage with children and adults alike, but actually hearing from her is even more exciting and memorable. You can also gain an understanding what she think about her charities and how far they've come.
Ok, now I understand more what you've been trying to say, so thank you! :)

One thing I think we have seen with Kate is the growing number of issues and conditions relating to children that are becoming her focus while raising two small children at home. We've seen Harry take active interest in wildlife in Africa and is expected to work as a civilian with returning wounded service personnel and we're seeing William working hands on in a field of public service with air ambulance while still maintaining his growth towards his future roles.

To me, perhaps they're not out and about in front of the cameras and the lights and doing the ribbon cutting and presenting plaques and making speeches so much but when we really look at the other things they are doing, for the most part, it all fits in with their Royal Foundation and its aims. These other "jobs" that they've signed on for, to me, add to their royal profiles more so than detract from it.

One thing I think we have seen with Kate is the growing number of issues and conditions relating to children that are becoming her focus while raising two small children at home. We've seen Harry take active interest in wildlife in Africa and is expected to work as a civilian with returning wounded service personnel and we're seeing William working hands on in a field of public service with air ambulance while still maintaining his growth towards his future roles.

To me, perhaps they're not out and about in front of the cameras and the lights and doing the ribbon cutting and presenting plaques and making speeches so much but when we really look at the other things they are doing, for the most part, it all fits in with their Royal Foundation and its aims. These other "jobs" that they've signed on for, to me, add to their royal profiles more so than detract from it.
Very true. They are laying the groundwork for deep knowledge in their causes!

Absolutely. Excellent points, bot of you :flowers:.

By whom are The Cambridges considered part time Royals? Are they not Senior Royals? Did they and Prince Harry not appear with their father and HM on the balcony at the Diamond Jubilee celebrations?

By whom are The Cambridges considered part time Royals? Are they not Senior Royals? Did they and Prince Harry not appear with their father and HM on the balcony at the Diamond Jubilee celebrations?

I think the best way to describe it is that Will, Kate and Harry are members of the senior royal line of the House of Windsor but are part time working royals in the family "Firm".

At least that's how I see it. :)

I think the best way to describe it is that Will, Kate and Harry are members of the senior royal line of the House of Windsor but are part time working royals in the family "Firm".

At least that's how I see it. :)
Thank you but I am interested in knowing where this phrase ' part time ' and ' full time ' royal came from? It is used repeatedly but where did it come from?

Thank you but I am interested in knowing where this phrase ' part time ' and ' full time ' royal came from? It is used repeatedly but where did it come from?

Y'know, that's a pretty good question. My guess would be that its the media that first denoted them as "part time"?

Probably media. William himself commented on it in his recent interview saying the term "full time royal" was bandied about alot without anyone knowing the meaning. Some people took it as a "huh, he doesn't even know what a full time royal does" but I took it as a "why are you people saying this term that isn't a thing?!!"

ITA w/you and I also think this is a big year for Catherine coming up. In April it will be the Fifth Wedding Anniversary and Catherine's Fifth year as a Member of the Royal Family. It is time for her for step things up a bit and the ways you've brought up are exactly in how I think she should go about it. I really wish she would say something about how the current Refugee Crisis is affecting kids in the UK as an example. W/how it is being seen everywhere right now, kids will wonder if that could happen to them. Then there's those kids in the UK to who those aren't Refugees, but Family.

Place2Be and The Art Room are perfect organizations to help these kids and I am sure they, Catherine and The Royal Foundation are working behind the scenes on plans to do just that. However, at the same time I think Catherine could do a Video Statement about what's going on at Place2Be and The Art Room to help these kids and let us know what she thinks needs to be done and how we can help.

As much as actions do speak louder than words on many occasions, at the same time words are needed just as badly too and when they go hand in hand, can be very powerful indeed.

Perfectly said. For some sad reason the Cambridges get attacked on a regular basis, so as you said there can be a knee jerk reaction when someone does try to get a reasonable discussion going, to defend William and Catherine. Such a shame too, because what could be a great discussion usually gets hijacks and then.., :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom