The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 5: February 2015-January 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
cc 17TH November

The Duchess of Cambridge, on behalf of The Duke of Cambridge, this evening attended a Dinner for the Defence and Rehabilitation Centre at Kensington Palace State Apartments.

EDIT assume Catherine covered for William as he went to Wembley at short notice. Team work

Last edited:
cc 17TH November

The Duchess of Cambridge, on behalf of The Duke of Cambridge, this evening attended a Dinner for the Defence and Rehabilitation Centre at Kensington Palace State Apartments.

EDIT assume Catherine covered for William as he went to Wembley at short notice. Team work

Thank you for the update Cepe. Good to see that the Cambridges can substitute for each other when the need arises. William went to Malta when Catherine was ill last year and tonight she can return the favor. :)

Video:
The Duchess of Cambridge attended the Fostering Excellence Awards to celebrate the achievements of foster carers, young people, social workers, and others within the fostering community. Her Royal Highness presented the Fostering Achievement Award to three young people aged 16 to 24 who have been fostered-

Home - ITNSource News

Kate's abilities as a speaker leave so much to be desired, to put it politely. Its so distracting to watch her shake her head every other second to get the hair back from her face and read those few sentences, that are always the same sentences as in every other speech, almost completely from paper/constantly looking up and down.

She is making an attempt. Kate will probably never be great orator but she doesn't need to be.

William and Harry are very pedestrian public speakers and they have been doing it their entire lives. Its not easy thing to do when you're nervous and many people have an actual phobia with it.

I applaud her for trying and she will probably continue do more as she gets comfortable with it

She is making an attempt. Kate will probably never be great orator but she doesn't need to be.

William and Harry are very pedestrian public speakers and they have been doing it their entire lives. Its not easy thing to do when you're nervous and many people have an actual phobia with it.

I applaud her for trying and she will probably continue do more as she gets comfortable with it

That's being a bit generous. ;)

Kate's abilities as a speaker leave so much to be desired, to put it politely. Its so distracting to watch her shake her head every other second to get the hair back from her face and read those few sentences, that are always the same sentences as in every other speech, almost completely from paper/constantly looking up and down.
I think she has gotten better. Not everyone are good at speaking. Take the Queen for example. The BRF are not known for being good speakers so I think Kate is doing alright. At least she's doing it! I think she was more confident this time and that will continue to grow. Cut her some slack.

Holly Willoughby admitted she was so nervous meeting the Duchess of Cambridge she couldn't stop talking about sandwiches.

Speaking on This Morning the presenter said she wasn't disappointed after meeting her idol for the first time at the Annual Fostering Excellence Awards, despite embarrassing herself.

On hosting duties at the event held by the Fostering Network she said: "I got a bit nervous and kept talking. Do you know what I was talking about? It's so me...

"There was a plate of sandwiches in front of us and no one wanted to eat them because they were all too nervous to eat in case she came over.

"So I went, 'When are we allowed to start eating the sandwiches? Because we're really scared we're going to get cress in our teeth!'"

Phillip Schofield hung his head as he feigned despair at his ditzy co-host , joking: "Well that's a nice conversation starter!"
Read more: Holly Willoughby reveals embarrassing first meeting with Duchess of Cambridge - Mirror Online

I agree that she will likely improve over time and that she like many other people will have to put real effort into overcoming a fear of public speaking. Few royals can give speeches as easily as Queen Letizia who had decades of experience before becoming the crown princess and later queen of Spain.

Again, it's not easy making speeches. Most likely she'll approve over time, but the most important thing is her message. I'm glad that Catherine is speaking up on behalf of her charities. Showing up to the events, and listening to everyone is great and important, but speaking out about her charities is even more important. The more speeches she make, the better she'll get at performing them.

It's just good to hear from Catherine. People do want to hear from the future Queen.

She also isn't using a TelePrompTer like a newscaster or a politician would so she is going to have to look down at the words.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail
The Duchess of Cambridge is supporting a fundraising appeal to improve the Children’s ICU at the hospital where her own children were born.

Kate on the £2 million appeal at St Mary's Paddington: The thought of your child in an intensive care unit is harrowing for any parent.

Kate:As someone who was so brilliantly cared for by St Mary's,I am delighted to..commend the important work of those involved in the project

More Smiles Appeal ‏@MoreSmilesApp
The Duchess of Cambridge lends her support to @MoreSmilesApp. Full press release here
http://www.imperialcharity.org.uk/i...al_-_Press_Release_-_Duchess_of_Cambridge.pdf

More Smiles Appeal

Last edited:
Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 53m53 minutes ago
The Duchess of Cambridge will visit the Centre for Addiction Treatment Studies in Warminster, Wiltshire, on Dec 10

Kensington Palace @KensingtonRoyal
The Duchess returns to the Anna Freud Centre @afcevents on 15 December for their Family School Christmas party

https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/status/674184847238291456

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal
The visit to @afcevents reflects The Duchess's continued interest in child mental health and providing early support to the whole family

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal
The Duchess will join pupils and their families in festive activities @afcevents to reflect on the positive progress made this term

Last edited:
Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 3h3 hours ago
Kate's engagement next week is likely to be her last official duty before Christmas.

Chris Jackson ‏@ChrisJack_Getty
The Duchess of Cambridge takes part in some festive music therapy at @AFCevents Anna Freud Centre today @GettyImages

https://twitter.com/ChrisJack_Getty/status/676755112044453888

The Duchess of Cambridge is joining Christmas celebrations at a leading centre for youngsters with mental health issues.

Kate will take part in festive activities with children and their families at London's Anna Freud Centre.

The Duchess visited the institution in October to learn about its work and development plans for the future.
Read more: Kate visiting children's mental health centre - AOL Aol UK

The Duchess of Cambridge to attend the Anna Freud Centre Family School Christmas party

Last edited:
I would never have guessed Chelsea

The Duchess of Cambridge has appeared to reveal her support for Chelsea Football Club during a royal engagement.

In a chat about football during a visit to a mental health centre in north London, Kate joked with a young boy before sharing a high-five.

The Duchess told the youngster her husband Prince William supports Aston Villa before trying to guess which team the young boy supported.

She guesses Manchester United and the boy groans before asking in reply if she supported them.

She replied "Chelsea", which is greeted with a "yes" and a high-five from the youngster.
Read more: Has the Duchess of Cambridge revealed which football team she supports? - ITV News

Brilliant pictures from today

The Duchess At The Anna Freud Centre | Getty Images

Last edited by a moderator:
Loved the picture of the little boy resting his head on Kate's arm. They look very involved in their project.

^ Unfortunately many of these photographs of Kate look as if they have been photo-shopped to within an inch of life. I believe only the KP photographer was allowed to take snaps within the centre, leaving the print media's photographers on the back foot again.

Chris Jackson for Getty took the photos from inside. I posed a link above.

Last edited:
^ Unfortunately many of these photographs of Kate look as if they have been photo-shopped to within an inch of life. I believe only the KP photographer was allowed to take snaps within the centre, leaving the print media's photographers on the back foot again.

I have no idea what is meant by KP Photographer, KP doesn't have its own photographer AFAIK.
But here is a link to the work of Mark Cuthbert, independent photographer. Some great pix

https://t.co/qA3rZW0qhg

There are pool photographers as well as pool reporters. Press association organise it.

And I don't agree that these are photoshopped. Cant see any evidence of that.

Video:
The Duchess of Cambridge joined in the festive celebrations at a Christmas party in Camden today, at the Family School at the Anna Freud Centre in north London. The Anna Freud Centre is a charity dedicated to providing Allied Health Professionals and families training and support for Child Mental Health services-

Home - ITNSource News

I like that Catherine said a few words to everyone before leaving the party. She might get in the habit of doing what some of the royals do, saying a few unscripted words at the end of an engagement.

Last edited:
The print media buys pics from agencies and independents. The Daily Mail for example in today's story used pictures from 6 different agencies, including the Press Association, REX and Getty Images.

Its the same for every royal engagement

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom