The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 5: February 2015-January 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ITA w/you and I also think this is a big year for Catherine coming up. In April it will be the Fifth Wedding Anniversary and Catherine's Fifth year as a Member of the Royal Family. It is time for her for step things up a bit and the ways you've brought up are exactly in how I think she should go about it. I really wish she would say something about how the current Refugee Crisis is affecting kids in the UK as an example. W/how it is being seen everywhere right now, kids will wonder if that could happen to them. Then there's those kids in the UK to who those aren't Refugees, but Family.

Place2Be and The Art Room are perfect organizations to help these kids and I am sure they, Catherine and The Royal Foundation are working behind the scenes on plans to do just that. However, at the same time I think Catherine could do a Video Statement about what's going on at Place2Be and The Art Room to help these kids and let us know what she thinks needs to be done and how we can help.

As much as actions do speak louder than words on many occasions, at the same time words are needed just as badly too and when they go hand in hand, can be very powerful indeed.

Perfectly said. For some sad reason the Cambridges get attacked on a regular basis, so as you said there can be a knee jerk reaction when someone does try to get a reasonable discussion going, to defend William and Catherine. Such a shame too, because what could be a great discussion usually gets hijacks and then.., :(

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Along with the rest of the BRF, the Duchess is not in a position to make any statement concerning the current migrant/refugee situation. This is a political issue and to say anything would be seen as political interference.

It is a very sensitive issue for all European governments.

But talking, in confidence, with organisations who deal with children would be ok once the UK has finalised arrangements. and, of course, so long as it stayed confidential.

Along with the rest of the BRF, the Duchess is not in a position to make any statement concerning the current migrant/refugee situation. This is a political issue and to say anything would be seen as political interference.

But talking, in confidence, with organisations who deal with children would be ok once the UK has finalised arrangements. and, of course, so long as it stayed confidential.
Thank you Cepe, there is a protocol and political issue.

Exactly!!!

I didn't mean to be critical, either; I'm sorry if it came across that way. I do understand that she's not a full-time working Royal yet, and she has had a lot going on! But I look forward to seeing and hearing from Catherine more as she continues to settle into the royal family and as her role gradually increases.

You might want to re read my post. Nowhere did I say anything about Politics or anything like that. I did mention the impact this is having on Children in the UK and it's effect on their emotional/mental health due to various factors. Considering this is one of Catherine's interests and she is the Patron of more than one Patronage that helps Children's Mental Health, she can talk about how the Public can help by getting in touch w/those Organizations, as well as suggestions of what else could be done.

In no way is that being Political.

Trust me, the voice can be a powerful weapon when it comes down to helping worthy causes and organizations. Actions are also a very powerful way to make a difference. There have to be a balance of the two when it comes to stuff like this.

I enjoy watching Catherine engage with children and adults alike, but actually hearing from her is even more exciting and memorable. You can also gain an understanding what she think about her charities and how far they've come.

Of course the voice can be a powerful weapon, but, for the most part, the royals have typically not put a lot of emphasis on speaking (which is generally quite evident when any member of the family gives a speech. Charles aside, it's generally evident that it's not a skill they've honed.) Like I said, when I think of causes I associate with the royals, it's rarely based on anything they've actually said. I've know I've watched videos of royal speeches, but I can't really remember anything they've said. I think they very much have an actions-speak-louder-than-words approach, and I think it works.

I know some people want to see and hear more of Kate (and I'm one of those people), but I think some patience is required. As with other royals before her, it will take her some time to find her niche, and she's also got two very small children who she obviously wants to devote a lot of her time to.

Of course the voice can be a powerful weapon, but, for the most part, the royals have typically not put a lot of emphasis on speaking (which is generally quite evident when any member of the family gives a speech. Charles aside, it's generally evident that it's not a skill they've honed.) Like I said, when I think of causes I associate with the royals, it's rarely based on anything they've actually said. I've know I've watched videos of royal speeches, but I can't really remember anything they've said. I think they very much have an actions-speak-louder-than-words approach, and I think it works.

I know some people want to see and hear more of Kate (and I'm one of those people), but I think some patience is required. As with other royals before her, it will take her some time to find her niche, and she's also got two very small children who she obviously wants to devote a lot of her time to.

I know it's going to take time for Catherine to find her niche, but I just think her voice and thoughts about her charities matter too. Her video messages are great, but I think she could speak up a bit more and not just let William deliver all the speeches.

Also, her time with her kids are her private life. None of that is effected by her speaking about her charitable organizations.

The Duchess of Cambridge’s maternity leave officially comes to an end next week when she begins a busy autumn programme of royal duties.

The mother of four-month-old Princess Charlotte and two-year-old Prince George will pay a visit next week to the Anna Freud Centre in London, a charity involved with children’s mental health.

The six-week Rugby World Cup kicks off in 10 days and it is understood that she will attend several matches and events.

Then there is a charities’ forum event in October and trips to Dundee and North Wales with the Duke of Cam-bridge. It means the royal couple will be juggling, for the first time in earnest, parental duties, royal events and the Duke’s job as a helicopter pilot with the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
Read more: Maternity leave over, Duchess of Cambridge prepares for duty at the Rugby World Cup - Telegraph

I know it's going to take time for Catherine to find her niche, but I just think her voice and thoughts about her charities matter too. Her video messages are great, but I think she could speak up a bit more and not just let William deliver all the speeches.

Also, her time with her kids are her private life. None of that is effected by her speaking about her charitable organizations.

Kate's private life and the fact that she has two small children is important more in the general context of expectations of how much she does publicly, whether it involves speaking or not. Essentially, because she isn't a "full-time" royal, how and where she carves out her niche in terms of her public duties might take a bit longer. Maybe she'll find speaking an important part of what she does, or maybe she won't. I just feel a general sense of "slow down . . . all in good time." Now that her maternity leave is about to end, though, we'll be seeing a bit more of her, and I know I'm looking forward to that.

I guess the BRF hired a Catherine stunt-double for Trooping and Portsmouth. Either that or the Daily Mail has the memory of a goldfish.

This is the same DM that has been saying she has not been to a wedding since she got married (ignore the million articles they have of her at weddings post marriage) and she skipped William's nanny's funeral (they had joint engagements that she had to carryout)

Since their current angle on the Duchess is her being a social recluse, Trooping, Polo outing and Portsmouth did not happen :whistling: :whistling: :lol::ROFLMAO::lol::ROFLMAO:

They will have some headline on the 17th about "The invisible princess" "kate the recluse" etc being forced back to public life by the Queen

Last edited:
:previous: I agree. Summer is slow for royal watchers around the world. September is when all of them begin to be more visible. The DM knows this is a way to get readers to click on their stories.

You might want to re read my post. Nowhere did I say anything about Politics or anything like that. I did mention the impact this is having on Children in the UK and it's effect on their emotional/mental health due to various factors. Considering this is one of Catherine's interests and she is the Patron of more than one Patronage that helps Children's Mental Health, she can talk about how the Public can help by getting in touch w/those Organizations, as well as suggestions of what else could be done.

In no way is that being Political.

The Royal Family thread a very fine line, in my opinion regarding any issue that in any way can be seen as in anyway sensitive, political or controversial. I don't want to put words in Cepe mouth and I hope I have got their meaning but I believe that is what they were saying. This is a ongoing political and controversial issue in Europe and especially England at the moment from what I see.

I think the best way to describe it is that Will, Kate and Harry are members of the senior royal line of the House of Windsor but are part time working royals in the family "Firm".

At least that's how I see it. :)

Excellent explanation Osipi. The Wales' brothers are high up in the line of succession, but are newer to the ranks with over a dozen other royal family members who have been representing QEII for decades. Most of the male members of the BRF typically have a military career before retiring and becoming full time representatives. William and Harry have ended their military careers but are currently or will be soon giving service to the nation as civilians.

There are a few examples in other royal houses as well: Constantijn/Laurentian-Netherlands, Martha-Louise-Norway, Madeline/Carl Phillip/Sofia-Sweden-all perform some royal duties throughout the year but not as frequently as their parents and siblings who are the reigning monarchs or heirs to the throne.:)

Last edited:
From the little bit I saw, Kate defintely seem more confindent... But I really have to say that she doesn't look very well... I'm starting worrying for her health... Okay, I'm off topic but she looks quite fragile...

I don't see that she looks any thinner than she has before...

LaRae

I'm so glad Catherine is focusing on a charity that help children with mental health issues. Mental health issues is a very sore topic here in America.

Yes, folks, Catherine looks good, but lets focus on the work she's doing. It'll be sad for everyone to focus on her looks, and not pay attention to her focusing on mental health.

I'm so glad Catherine is focusing on a charity that help children with mental health issues. Mental health issues is a very sore topic here in America.

Yes, folks, Catherine looks good, but lets focus on the work she's doing. It'll be sad for everyone to focus on her looks, and not pay attention to her focusing on mental health.
I agree! I love this niche she is carving out around building stable youth to prevent trouble in adulthood :) Very promising!

:previous:Yes this is a topic that many in the U.S. are reluctant to discuss but it needs to be dealt with.

So happy to see Children's Mental Health being brought to the forefront. It is an area of health care that has been sadly neglected. At least here in Canada. As a health care provider working in rural areas, I find it very challenging to find care for kids who need it. There are centres of care in the cities but that means travel for up to 2 - 3 hours one way. Not easy in Northern Ontario winters. Well done, Kate. I hope all the best for this new place for the kids

Last edited:
A relaxed and tanned Duchess of Cambridge has made her first solo official visit since the birth of Princess Charlotte in May.

Sporting a smart new fringe, the Duchess, 33, visited the Anna Freud Centre to learn how the charity is working to help young people with mental health issues.

Aides said that the Duchess would be returning to a limited programme of official engagements after spending a summer break with Prince George, two, and Princess Charlotte, four months, at their new family home, Anmer Hall, in Norfolk.

During the visit she wore a £1,245 Ralph Lauren shirtdress, with her new look remarked upon by several staff at the centre.

The Duchess is expected to become more involved with projects similar to the Anna Freud centre, having adopted a keen interest in mental health issues according to those briefed on the matter.

Anna Freud was the sixth child of Sigmund Freud and followed her father into the field of psychoanalysis.

The Duchess wants to play a part in the open discussion around the emotional and mental wellbeing of children.
Video: Duchess of Cambridge shows off new fringe at first solo engagement since birth of Charlotte - Telegraph

Yes !
But the dress and hair looks amazing, she's going back to her 2011 premarriage style.

I think I figured out why Kate seemed extra chummy greeting that guy today with a hug and kiss. The guy Michael Samuels is Chair of Trustees for Anna Freud Center is the husband of Julia Samuels of Child Bereavement and George's godmother.

Here's the DM article about Julia as Godmother. There is a pic with her hubby Michael. It's the same guy.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...as-close-friend-speaks-joy.html#ixzz3Tb3SXa3m

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

:previous:

nice catch! wondering why Kate was sooo familiar - very different for most royal appearances, save family. makes sense and a nice synergy

Last edited by a moderator:
The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 5: February 2015

nice catch! wondering why Kate was sooo familiar - very different for most royal appearances, save family. makes sense and a nice synergy

I stood out to me too. Too much friendly interaction to be a complete stranger. Then I saw his name was Michael Samuels and thought Julia Samuels. Quick google search confirmed her hubby is Michael and the pictures from Christening showed he was same guy. Then the forum was down so I made a tweet for like the fifth time

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Mental health is something we really have to tackle in this Country. It's not something that comes up very often, until we have major shootings, then suddenly it's mentioned. I'm glad Catherine is bringing this very important issue to our attention and helping us realize that reaching out to those who have these issues have to be the priority.

Videos:
The Duchess of Cambridge visited the Anna Freud Centre's family school, which opened in September last year, and provides alternative education for youngsters who are seriously at risk of exclusion and are struggling to achieve-

Home - ITNSource News

The Duchess of Cambridge has visited the Anna Freud Centre in north London today, where she met staff and children. The centre is a child mental health research, training and treatment charity-
Home - ITNSource News

Kate visited a children's centre in London on her first day back at work-
http://www.itv.com/news/2015-09-17/...ck-to-work-after-birth-of-princess-charlotte/

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom