The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 5: February 2015-January 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if St. Patrick's Day Event will be the last engagement of Catherine before she gives birth? She seems to be far along than she did with Charlotte, so I'm guessing an early April birth. I can't recall, but does any of you know when was the last engagement that Catherine did before giving birth to George and Charlotte?

I wonder if St. Patrick's Day Event will be the last engagement of Catherine before she gives birth? She seems to be far along than she did with Charlotte, so I'm guessing an early April birth. I can't recall, but does any of you know when was the last engagement that Catherine did before giving birth to George and Charlotte?
Off memory, I think it was trooping with George and a visit to a charity with William (I remember she wore the hot pink coat!) before Charlotte.

Loved the non scripted speech at the end. She's truly getting more comfortable in her position.

:previous:

When I sent my Sister & Niece the link to her Children's Mental Health Week Message, I said, "Has Kate ever come a very long way in her speaking & presentation skills, huh?" She really has too. Out of curiosity, I went back & re watched the previous Messages & the difference between even just two years ago & now is just amazing.

She's really been working hard to improve those skills, it shows & good on HRH!! I was so happy for & proud of Kate doing that impromptu little speech, because that shows more than anything, shows just how much confidence in herself & comfortable in her role she's gained. There's no way the Kate of three or four years ago would have been able to give those off the cuff remarks & it's great to see.

Oh, and not sure if it was elevated hormones thanks to the lil one or the emotion of the moment catching up w/her, but when Kate got emotional speaking about how Action on Addiction was one of her first Patronages & how much they've both grown over the years? I thought it was so sweet & lovely too.

I know it wasn't her intent, but IMO, Kate doing that says to the critics screaming over the years that she really didn't care that much about her Patronages something we already knew. They haven't got a clue what they're talking about. [emoji4]

Last edited by a moderator:
The Duchess of Cambridge will visit the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists 27th February to learn more about the College's global health programmes.

Via Kensington Palace Twitter

We very much look forward to welcoming The Duchess of Cambridge to the RCOG later this month. Her Royal Highness will hear about our programmes to reduce maternal and newborn mortality worldwide, and will join a roundtable discussion on tackling the stigma around women's health.

Via Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists Twitter

The Duchess of Cambridge will visit St Thomas' Hospital on Tuesday 27th February to officially launch @NursingNow2020, a campaign to raise the profile and status of nursing worldwide.

Global launch on 27 February: events and activities around the world - Nursing Now

Last edited:

I read someplace that her due date is April 8. :flowers:

I think she's due at the end of April , the timeline fits her pregnancy with Charlotte .

The Duchess of Cambridge is to become a champion for nurses, set to launch a campaign to give them proper recognition as the “lynchpins” of care.

The Duchess, whose great-grandmother worked as a nurse during the First World War, aims to raise the “profile and status” of nurses, recognising them as experts who can tackle the “rising burdens” of disease.

Late this month, she will make a major speech at the launch of Nursing Now, a global campaign to ensure nurses are credited as “crucial”.

The Duchess’ own great-grandmother, Olive Middleton, is known to have worked as a nurse, caring for wounded servicemen after the Leeds estate belonging to a cousin was turned into a field hospital.

There, in Gledhow Hall, she is reported to have nursed men severely wounded on the Western front, learning the full horror of war. In 1920, she gave birth to the Duchess’ paternal grandfather Peter Middleton.
Read more: Duchess of Cambridge to become champion of nurses

The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 5: February 2015

Previous. That’s great nurses need this campaign . Kate will do well as she would have had nurses caring for her with her early pregnancy illness.

Last edited:
The Duchess of Cambridge will visit Pegasus Primary School in Oxford on 6th March to learn more about the work of the charity @FamilyLinksUK.

HRH will see how @FamilyLinksUK works closely with schools nationwide to support both children and parents with their emotional health and wellbeing, with an emphasis on early intervention.

Tommorow, Duchess Kate will:

Visit St Thomas' Hospital to officially launch Nursing Now 2020, a campaign to raise the profile and status of nursing worldwide.

And visit Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists to learn more about the College's global health programmes.

Court Circular 13/3

The Duchess of Cambridge this morning received the Rt. Hon. Nicolas Gibb MP (Minister of State for School Standards).

Does anyone know when the Duchess will resume her public duties?

Soon, she’ll back on duty soon. September is the month they start resuming official engagements.

No activities scheduled so far...

You Go Girl! Do your thing, Your Royal Highness!

I’m really looking forward to Catherine helping disadvantaged children. Kids are going through so much these days, and there’s very little to no resources for them to turn to.

I am surprised they gave this exclusive about the project to the dailymail. Usually they give exclusives like this to the Telegraph.

Thanks Rudolph - and details from Rebecca English of who's helping Kate - Chairman and Steering Committe members.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ity-campaign-help-disadvantaged-children.html
This is a very ambitious project to come to the aid of those children who are not prepared to enter school with the necessary skills: toilet training, fine motor skills, large motor skills, communication skills etc...

As an educator who has worked with typically developing preschool age children, I've seen an increase in those who enter without having used crayons, Playdo, pencils, scissors, building blocks, and who are lacking communication skills because they're not used to having conversations. However their use of electronic devices is very good. :sad:

Last edited:
:previous:

Clearly I think mothers, children and early years will be one of the main focuses of her royal career. She’s already Patron of many charities in this area, just recently becoming patron of the Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynaecologists.

I highlighted part of the article below. Quite an impressive team of experts has been put together across government, health services and academia.

The Duchess of Cambridge’s work in early intervention is ‘the most important thing anyone could be doing’, one of her senior advisers has said.

Professor Peter Fonagy, started working closely with Kate soon after the birth of her daughter Princess Charlotte in 2015 and is a member of her new steering group.

He said: ‘She came with a very deep interest even then about childhood and the influence of childhood on later development and she was surprisingly well informed about it. She was clearly on a journey of learning but had a good understanding of the importance of early development on the rest of life.’

The heavyweights on the committee convened by Kate show the seriousness with which she is approaching the issue.

Professor Fonagy said there are few greater issues facing the country today. ‘[She] could affect the future of an entire generation with her work,’ he added.

The academic is head of the division of psychology and language sciences at University College London. He is also chief executive of the Anna Freud National Centre for Children and Families, which provides clinical support, particularly for under-fives, and undertakes its own research.

Hungarian-born Professor Fonagy, 65, speaks from personal experience, having been treated by the centre as an adolescent for depression.

He said the steering group hopes to come up with a clear plan of how organisations can support parents through pregnancy and beyond.

Even encouraging families simply to sit down for a meal together and discuss their day can have a significant impact, he added.

‘What we have come to understand is just how important the early years can be in influencing the choices people make in life,’ he said. ‘The duchess can be such an incredibly important advocate for this issue.

‘She has a remarkable position to raise awareness about the importance of early years. I cannot think of anything more important that a person could do in her capacity.’

The Duchess of Cambridge will visit the Sayers Croft Trust Forest School and Wildlife Garden at Paddington Recreation Ground on Tuesday 2nd October.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom