The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 5: February 2015-January 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes it's easy to forget that the Duchess wasn't born into the Royal Family. On visits like these she just naturally seems to engage with people and put them at ease. Her Royal Highness really is a true asset to the House of Windsor.

"Bug-inham Palace" :lol::lol: Someone enjoys puns.?

That was the very first thing I noticed and chuckled. Too cute!

With so many children living in urban areas who do not have the opportunity to have these hands on experiences, school gardens give them the chance to try something new.

it was two events for Duchess of Cambridge on 29/11

The Duchess of Cambridge this morning visited Robin Hood Primary School, Bowness Crescent, Kingston Vale, London SW15, to celebrate Ten Years of the Royal Horticultural Society Campaign for School Gardening.

Her Royal Highness this afternoon convened a Roundtable at Kensington Palace with experts in positive parenting and early years support.

it was two events for Duchess of Cambridge on 29/11

The Duchess of Cambridge this morning visited Robin Hood Primary School, Bowness Crescent, Kingston Vale, London SW15, to celebrate Ten Years of the Royal Horticultural Society Campaign for School Gardening.

Her Royal Highness this afternoon convened a Roundtable at Kensington Palace with experts in positive parenting and early years support.
Wonderful! Absolutely wonderful! I really look forward to more of her work within this area!

She looked very sweet visiting the Primary School. Classy but down-to-earth. When you hear her speak, you can tell that there's a shyness and vulnerability about her and that she has grace and intelligence. Well-done!

Today she was seen at King's Cross station on a private outing. (I wonder where she was going? - Maybe it's not appropriate info to post here??)

Kate Middleton is snapped at Kings Cross station | Daily Mail Online

She looked very sweet visiting the Primary School. Classy but down-to-earth. When you hear her speak, you can tell that there's a shyness and vulnerability about her and that she has grace and intelligence. Well-done!

Today she was seen at King's Cross station on a private outing. (I wonder where she was going? - Maybe it's not appropriate info to post here??)

I would assume she is catching a train to Norfolk, esp as William flew back to RAF Marham last night (local for Anmer)

She looks good in this pic at King's Cross. A fuller face looks fabulous on her. I'm glad she's feeling lots better - you can see it in her face - now that she's over HP.

Kensington Palace @KensingtonRoyal
The Duchess of Cambridge will join children and families to celebrate the work of the Rugby Portobello Trust at its community centre in North Kensington on December 12.

The Rugby Portobello Trust

Last edited:
:previous:Thank you Rudolph for sharing the link to the RPT. Looking forward to this engagement. Meanwhile Kate's husband and his brother will be attending the Star Wars premier that evening.?

Nice to see Catherine on engagements involving children recently - she really shines at those.

The Duchess of Cambridge visited The Rugby Portobello Trust in London today, December 12:

** rex gallery ** gettyimages gallery **

** dailymail: Kate lends a hand: Duchess helps to set up a festive party for children as she visits a charity..**

Does Victoria Murphy dislike Kate? She retweeted a picture of this event that someone posted showing no onlookers waiting to see Kate. The headline had a snarky title "Locals out in force for visit of Duchess of Cambridge" Here is the tweet that she retweeted:

Good event today. Met with children and volunteers; helped set up the children's party, handed out gifts, made a short of-the-cuff speech and (which cannot have been easy) met privately with victims who did not want to be photographed.

Not exciting or deemed newsworthy but prob meant a lot to the people she met.

Does Victoria Murphy dislike Kate? She retweeted a picture of this event that someone posted showing no onlookers waiting to see Kate. The headline had a snarky title "Locals out in force for visit of Duchess of Cambridge" Here is the tweet that she retweeted:

Public enthusiasm for individual royals are always unpredictable.? There will be more of a crowd the next time I’m sure:lol:

Check out the time stamp on Rookies tweet. An hour and ten minutes before Catherine’s arrival.

Watch the video from Simon Perry when she’s leaving. People are cheering and Catherine is waving.

Some people believe anything that is tweeted

Last edited:
The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 5: February 2015

Given that travel problems are endemic at the moment thanks to a slight flurry of snow over the weekend, and taking into account the controversial nature of anything linked to Grenfell Tower at the moment, I don’t think it’s a surprise that this visit wasn’t exactly packed with well wishers.

Good event today. Met with children and volunteers; helped set up the children's party, handed out gifts, made a short of-the-cuff speech and (which cannot have been easy) met privately with victims who did not want to be photographed.

Not exciting or deemed newsworthy but prob meant a lot to the people she met.

I appreciate that those who do not want to photographed with a public figure still have the opportunity to meet with them without the media intrusion. That IMO suggests that the victims are being cared for even months after this tragedy.

Check out the time stamp on Rookies tweet. An hour and ten minutes before Catherine’s arrival.

Watch the video from Simon Perry when she’s leaving. People are cheering and Catherine is waving.

Some people believe anything that is tweeted

I agree. That's why I wondered if Victoria Murphy disliked her since she would retweet something like that which is not accurate.

I agree. That's why I wondered if Victoria Murphy disliked her since she would retweet something like that which is not accurate.

I think she has some underlying hostilities. This isn't the first time she's ignored accuracy to push an agenda. Remember when The Queen leased another helicopter for the BRF to use, and V. Murphy presented it as a birthday gift for William. Total baloney and unfair to William, but it fit her narrative. She also pushes 'Kate Middleton' instead of 'The Duchess of Cambridge' more than any other royal reporter, again ignoring accuracy for benefit.

She's definitely an interesting person. :lol:

IMHO little snippets like this continue to add fuel to the "fake news" mantra.:sad:

THE DUCHESS OF CAMBRIDGE WILL VISIT THE WIMBLEDON JUNIOR TENNIS INITIATIVE AT BOND PRIMARY SCHOOL

MITCHAM

Wednesday 17th January 2018

The Duchess of Cambridge, Patron of the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club (AELTC), will visit Bond Primary School in Mitcham on Wednesday 17th January to see the work of the Wimbledon Junior Tennis Initiative (WJTI). The WJTI, which is the All England Club’s community tennis programme, promotes the benefits of physical activity for children and young people within the boroughs of Merton and Wandsworth.

The Duchess of Cambridge will visit the Great Ormond Street Hospital on Wednesday 17 January to officially open the Mittal Children's Medical Centre, home to the new Premier Inn Clinical Building.

Via Kensington Palace

Did you notice she's not wearing the engagement ring or the eternity band...maybe too tight at this point.

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom