The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 5: February 2015-January 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps the media was already looking to present these "bored" faces at the latest Spanish state banquet? Its been fairly recent that some enterprising journalist put together a medley of Charles looking quite bored over 64 years of his life. Give the Fail an idea and they'll run it to death. It was just Kate's turn methinks.

https://www.aol.com/article/enterta...arles-taken-64-years-apart-go-viral/22583079/

I think Catherine's nerves was getting to her at the State Banquet. Pretty harmless, of course. If you pay attention to the royals faces at these Banquets, they all seem to be rather bored stiff and nervous at the same time. It's like their faces drop. It's very weird.

I personally think the Majesty of it all gets to them. Also, the speeches aren't any help. There's no joy nor humor in them. If so, it would at least help break the nervous tension and help everyone at the dinner relax. A lump would be in my throat if I was there.

I've seen some of the photographs and have to agree, Kate did looked a bit overwhelmed (rather than bored) - well it was quite an occasion after all and a very official one. She is much more used to the daytime informal official occasions with or without William, which you can whizz in and out of within an hour or so.

This is only the second official State Dinner she attended, the first was at the top table where there is a measure of being removed from the rest of the guests. The second she was placed much further down the pecking order and surrounded by guests on all sides, so am suspecting feeling much more 'up close up and personal' than she felt comfortable with. William of course would have been doing his social bit close by but out of contact.

It's all a learning curve, but married 6 years with not a substantial workload (yes a mother of two, but a mother of two with full time nanny + staff), Kate has had a fairly easy entrance to public life.

Of course they come from very different backgrounds, but I think William and the Firm that is the House of Windsor have given her exellent grounding on what it is to be a member.

Still, you can only experience State Dinners when you attend them. This one seemed more difficult for Kate than her initial one. The next will be easier.

Interesting remarks regarding her dress on social media. I thought it was lovely and suited her very well. The (much discussed) neckline reminded of her wedding dress.

I am posting this here because I am not quite sure where I should put it. The Spanish State Dinner had the media and not a few of us looking at Catherine's decolletage and the stunning Ruby and Diamond Bandeau nestled there, so much so that we missed her face.

Oh dear, social media and youtube are catching up and there are a succession of photographs beginning with the dinner that shows Catherine as "stony faced" and I have to admit they are right, she is.

What happened between these photos and no, I do not believe as some have surmised that she was suddenly overcome by wearing Diana's favourite tiara and the upcoming 20th anniversary of her death as posited by some so-called knowledgeable commentators. For one thing, the Spencer Tiara was her favourite tiara and the LK was known to give her headaches.

http://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dynamic/12/590x/kate-middleton-duchess-of-cambridge-828056.jpg

http://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img...ictures-Poland-tour-Prince-William-829793.jpg

There were several other more graphic examples but I was unable to link them.

While they are supposing their little hearts out as to what is going on I have to admit that I too am wondering at her "stop a train in its tracks" look or, as my sister (a total fan) remarked "what on earth happened, her face looks like a ruptured gumboot?". I said I hadn't a clue, and I doubt anyone outside of the two of them do. But after watching several videos covering the last couple of weeks I have to admit I am beginning to think something is up.

Just to show that all is "personally well" with both she and William here is a beautiful warm shot.
http://www.therealmyroyals.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/g6.jpg

I saw that look too at the State Dinner, but I didn't make much of if. Its possible she just wasn't feeling well.

Perhaps the media was already looking to present these "bored" faces at the latest Spanish state banquet? Its been fairly recent that some enterprising journalist put together a medley of Charles looking quite bored over 64 years of his life. Give the Fail an idea and they'll run it to death. It was just Kate's turn methinks.

https://www.aol.com/article/enterta...arles-taken-64-years-apart-go-viral/22583079/

Poor Charles looks like he's watching paint dry. After looking at these pics I'd say Catherine is doing a great job.

Oh, good gravy! She sat at that table for hours and there were only two pictures, and we are to believe that 'something is up'? Maybe she had something caught between her teeth. Maybe she had cramps. Maybe a blister on her heel. Even the Queen has her 'Miss Piggy ' face from time to time. If there had been 20 pictures of Catherine, I'm willing to bet she would have had a smile on her face in most of them.

OMG, It wasn't even pictures - it was from the live video from the state banquet. And you don't smile/laugh during serious speeches.

Via @KensingtonRoyal

On Sept 4th The Duchess will visit the Family Action run Hornsey Road Children's Centre to see the facilities supporting parents & young children.

Kensington Palace @KensingtonRoyal
The Duchess of Cambridge today hosted a roundtable discussion on maternal mental health at Kensington Palace with The Royal Foundation.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DNjosiLWAAIQoQH.jpg:large

The Duchess is keen to develop an understanding of the issues surrounding maternal mental health, and to learn what support is available.

At least 20% of women are affected by mental health problems during pregnancy or in the first year following the birth of a child.

Kate hosts Kensington Palace maternal mental heath forum - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk

Last edited:
What a delight for the people at the center. The Duchess of Cambridge looks casual chic. She looks well, comfortable and relaxed. I love the entire outfit.

Sometimes it is the single fathers that need assistance as well. Glad that this center was their for Billy who shared his story today.
Billy said the mother of his daughter showed up on his doorstep out of the blue, saying she was pregnant and had already had two children taken away so could not care for a third.
He said: "I was under mental health myself, I was suffering from severe depression and I thought I'm not going to let my daughter go into care, I'm going to step up and do this - I managed to turn myself around.
"I've been doing it from day one at the hospital, fed her her first bottle.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal...Cambridge-charity-visit-expectant-new-mothers

The Duchess of Cambridge will visit the @FoundlingMuseum on 28th November to see how the Museum uses art and creativity to support and engage children and vulnerable families.

CC 21/11 The Duchess of Cambridge this afternoon received Professor Carmine Pariante (Professor of Biological Psychiatry, Kings College London) and Dr Gertrude Seneviratne (Perinatal Psychiatrist, Kings College London).

CC 21/11 The Duchess of Cambridge this afternoon received Professor Carmine Pariante (Professor of Biological Psychiatry, Kings College London) and Dr Gertrude Seneviratne (Perinatal Psychiatrist, Kings College London).
Really happy to see her deepening her focus and knowledge on this area!

Kate looks fantastic today!

LaRae

Great photos of Kate and the kids doing an arts and crafts session today at the Foundling Museum.

Last edited:
That bouquet they gave her is just beautiful!!

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom