The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 4: January 2014-February 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A Least One Aussie Designed Outfit On Order.

"Ralph and Russo" are being reported as making the Duchess of Cambridge an outfit for the upcoming Royal Tour.

I've never heard of them - but that may be, because they are based in London.

The designers are Australian.

Sun Lion.

(Sorry I've put this in the wrong thread - meant to put it in Duchess "General News" not "Current Events".)

Last edited:
2 new engagements announced

New engagement for Kate: On 10th June, she will attend the Launch of the America's Cup at the National Maritime Museum in Greenwich.

Martin ‏@WindsorEditor 7 mins
Kate will also attend a Garden Party for the 150th anniversary of the British Red Cross at Buckingham Palace on 12th June.

Looking forward to these events.

Good to see some new engagements announced.

I would like to see her get involved with the British Red Cross.

Robert Jobson @theroyaleditor · 7m
DuchessOfCambridge will attend a breakfast reception at The National Maritime Museum in Greenwich on 10 June.

Robert Jobson @theroyaleditor · 6m
#DuchessOfCambridge will meet supporters of bid to launch a British Team for the America's Cup including Sir Ben Ainslie on 10 June.

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 24m
The Duchess of Cambridge will visit Bletchley Park on Wednesday 18th June 2014

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 21m
At Bletchley Park, Kate will tour the huts where codebreakers cracked German signals and helped shorten the Second World War.

Last edited by a moderator:
I knew complaining worked. Pretty sure all royal press secretaries have TRF!

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 24m
The Duchess of Cambridge will visit Bletchley Park on Wednesday 18th June 2014

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 21m
At Bletchley Park, Kate will tour the huts where codebreakers cracked German signals and helped shorten the Second World War.

I am so jealous about this event. Would love to be with her to tour Bletchely Park.

^^^I know that my parents and I would love this type of trip. They're huge fans of the "Bletchely Circle."

I agree.:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:What do you mean? Announcement about what?

I knew it. As soon TRF starts to complain announcements come flooding in. :lol:

If there is anywhere in the world that they would want to keep a pulse on how people are seeing the royals and their reactions, this place would be it. Its not uncommon to do a google gopher on a royal subject and have posts from TRF come up in the search.

Its the summer season too so they all get busy now before taking a summertime break.

There are always complaints the day after and some time hours after she had just done an engagement about when her next one will be. I doubt the palace or any palace for that matters knows that this place exist

:previous:
Engagements.

Oh I finally get it, the secretaries that work for the royal families around the world have this site on their computers so that they can keep track of what is being said about the royals..........hummm now it makes sense, and yes I will admit that I am slow/naïve/whatever in learning how all this works, I just never thought about it before. Thanks for the learning experience.....and I bet they sure had a hell of a laugh/shock reading about the skirt flying down under....it was probably something like this:
:) :bang: :ohmy::ohmy: :lol: :lol::lol::cool: :whistling::whistling: :sad::sad: :ermm: :ermm: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Oh I finally get it, the secretaries that work for the royal families around the world have this site on their computers so that they can keep track of what is being said about the royals..........hummm now it makes sense, and yes I will admit that I am slow/naïve/whatever in learning how all this works, I just never thought about it before. Thanks for the learning experience.....and I bet they sure had a hell of a laugh/shock reading about the skirt flying down under....it was probably something like this:
:) :bang: :ohmy::ohmy: :lol: :lol::lol::cool: :whistling::whistling: :sad::sad: :ermm: :ermm: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

More than likely additional reactions would have been :eek: :shock: :argh: :censored: :nonono:

Last edited:
That may be true. Royal handlers gauge the public opinion by reading various printed and on-line media. The TRF is one of the biggest source of information.
Adding engagements to The Duchess' of Cambridge calendar at this point in time looks a bit awkward.

They wouldn't be 'adding them at this point in time'. These things are arranged months in advance. They are not announced until much closer to the event but any engagement in Kate's calendar for the next 6 months is already in the planning stage even though it won't be announced until a week or two before the event.

By the time an engagement is announced the invitation to the engagement has been received, reviewed, and accepted, the security team has gone on at least one recce, transport has been arranged, minute details worked out down to timings, what to do and/or expect, wardrobe planned and even the royal/s concerned briefed about the event - and then the event is announced (although for most of the royals it is simply added to the Future Events list on the CC or PoW website but with William and Kate it makes the news).

A couple of quick observations:

1) I totally agree with iluvbertie, royal engagements aren't just planned on the fly unless its some sort of emergency (ie. riots, floods, etc.) as these events aren't planned. There are a lot of logistics that are involved.
2) When Catherine and William came back from Australia/New Zealand, it was stated by those in the know (i.e. royal reporters, etc.) that they had a busy couple of months planned coming up. So the announcement of these engagements isn't actually a surprise to me. And this was stated before the last couple of days. The BRF is pretty busy from Spring to Summer, they would have to plan these engagements around the Trooping of the Colour, Ascot, the Order of the Garter, the WWII ceremonies, etc.
3) I am not sure what people want from Catherine. When she doesn't have engagements, all you hear is she should be doing more, what is she doing, why isn't she doing more engagements, when is her next engagement, etc. And now she has engagements planned, and you have people questioning her motives? She can't win for losing.

Last edited:
:previous: You make some excellent points Zonk.

Wasn't Kate to attend a Garden Party? I read she was listed...

Wasn't Kate to attend a Garden Party? I read she was listed...

She is attending a BP garden party for the British Red Cross on the 12th if I recall. The last normal BP garden party is tomorrow afternoon. Kate's America Cup event is early morning so it is possible she will be at the garden party tomorrow. I don't think they announce the extra royals in advance for normal ones. Charity ones they do like the one Harry went to was for the Household Calvary.

She is attending a BP garden party for the British Red Cross on the 12th if I recall. The last normal BP garden party is tomorrow afternoon. Kate's America Cup event is early morning so it is possible she will be at the garden party tomorrow. I don't think they announce the extra royals in advance for normal ones. Charity ones they do like the one Harry went to was for the Household Calvary.

Thank you:flowers:

Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 4: January 2014

From Emily Andrews of the Sun twitter feed, Kate is not going to the Red Cross garden party on the 12th but is going to the regular garden party on the 10 with the Queen and birthday boy Philip. I wonder if William will continue to escape the garden party circuit for another year

So nothing on the 12th then?
How will she do the 2 engagements tomorrow?
So the only 2 engagements for the Duchess then are tomorrow, apart from the engagement at BP on the 18th?
And TTC and OOTG?
Why does Friday the 13th stick out in my mind? Cambridge/Harry/Other Royal engagement that day?

From Emily Andrews of the Sun twitter feed, Kate is not going to the Red Cross garden party on the 12th but is going to the regular garden party on the 10 with the Queen and birthday boy Philip. I wonder if William will continue to escape the garden party circuit for another year

I wonder if she was ever going to the one on the 12th. Prince Charles (as President) and Princess Alexandra (Vice Pres) are attending.

The fact there isnt just one site where all the engagements are is confusing. PA attendance is on the Royal site; PoW on the PoW site and there is no mention of any garden party under DssCambs. (this is at 01:36 10/6)

Its a muddle

The last time William attended a Garden Party was in 2002 with his father at Holyroodhouse. It would be great if he started attending again.
I think the palace got the dates mixed up on Catherine's attendance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom