The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 3: January-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Though I didn't suffer from HG, I had morning sickness till about the stage Catherine is at and it would wane and wane but show up unexpectedly. Thankfully, she seems well enough to be resuming normal activites.
Performing a "high profile" job in the public eye is a lot different than the rest of us who can get by, slumping at our desks sometimes:)

Yes, it's not like she can dash out of a formal reception/ giving an official speech to the ladies' room, throw her heart up, then carry on with a royal walkabout. Not good for her or the baby. Ymmv.

Last edited:
If we expect to see Kate at public engagements, she needs to shop!
Her old clothes aren't going to fit her quite right anymore.
It's a shame that she hasn't done any public engagements recently. I refuse to call the portrait unveiling a public engagement. But I guess she was taking precaution since she still wasn't feeling very well.
Now that she is holidaying in Mustique, she ought to do public engagements or she is a thorough waste of tax payers money (that's where the security are paid from)!

Members of the royal family usually start up their official engagements in Feb. The portrait unveiling was a private engagement. The Queen will now start up her official engagements this month around Sandringham before returning to London. Prince Harry will kick off his official engagements too. February is the time you really start seeing the royals again.

If we expect to see Kate at public engagements, she needs to shop!
Her old clothes aren't going to fit her quite right anymore.

I'm sure she realises this, and has done her clothes shopping online or when she's been out in London.

Now that she is holidaying in Mustique, she ought to do public engagements or she is a thorough waste of tax payers money (that's where the security are paid from)!

Princess B, as you're from India I guess you are not a British taxpayer. So why are you saying this when it is not your money? Catherine for you and me and the most of us is just a gift of life. We are interested in her, we want to see her and not vice versa.

And those in the Uk: have you ever asked yourself that it is your and other Catherine follower's interest in her that makes her a target for people who want to hurt the British society? If people in their majority didn't want the monarchy, there wouldn't be one anymore. Then this family would not longer represent the state and society of the Uk for which they are targeted by people who are against said system. And if they were still targeted, as private citizens and this threat would become known to the police, they still would receive protection. All that without having to do anything for society in return.

So, please, leave her be with the argument of "taxpayer's money" especially as she at the moment is doing her most important job as an "employee of the UK" - she is carrying a future Head of State. It is her job now to do anything that helps and to omit anything that may threaten this unborn child. She is not payed by anyone for doing this but the state who wants her unborn child as a future Head of State at least pays for her protection.

Sorry, that's the way it is. And if she did nothing but walk and play with her dog and shop and holiday: as long as she delivers a healthy child she has done her duty. And after she is out of her childbearing days we might talk again....

So, please, leave her be with the argument of "taxpayer's money" especially as she at the moment is doing her most important job as an "employee of the UK" - she is carrying a future Head of State. It is her job now to do anything that helps and to omit anything that may threaten this unborn child. She is not payed by anyone for doing this but the state who wants her unborn child as a future Head of State at least pays for her protection.

She is not doing her most important job, we're not in the 18th Century, she's just carrying a child. Most women, most Princesses manage that and carrying out engagements or everyday life. Yes she's been ill but she's managed an 8 hour plus flight to Mustique so she seems to have been fine for a while.

If Catherine's going to wrap herself in bubble wrap so as not to come into contact with anything that can harm the child, then she'll have to do it until the child is 18.

Well said, Lumutqueen.

It's not the first time I read in this forum that she's doing the only job she's required to do: carrying the heir. I was starting to doubt in which century we live in, so thanks for telling me I'm not the only one here living in the 21st century :flowers:

What century we live in? The one where we body shame women, the one where we say women are lying about their health (Clinton, Kate) even when they are hospitalize. The one that think we can dictate what women can where or they will get call a Madonna or a whore.

What century we live in? The one where we body shame women, the one where we say women are lying about their health (Clinton, Kate) even when they are hospitalize. The one that think we can dictate what women can where or they will get call a Madonna or a whore.

That has exactly what to do with Catherine carrying a child? And who's the "we" in this?

If there is an issue health wise, carrying a child to term is the only job of the mother for the moment. And for any mother to be, it's certainly her main priority.

There's also nothing wrong with deciding that one's only job is to raise and nurture the child during its formative years. I did it for quite a while.

There's difference between a woman choosing this as her goal from saying that this is her only viable purpose. I don't think that anyone is suggesting "well, she's a woman and the wife of the heir, so all she's good for is bearing children."

If there is an issue health wise, carrying a child to term is the only job of the mother for the moment. And for any mother to be, it's certainly her main priority.

There's also nothing wrong with deciding that one's only job is to raise and nurture the child during its formative years. I did it for quite a while.

There's difference between a woman choosing this as her goal from saying that this is her only viable purpose. I don't think that anyone is suggesting "well, she's a woman and the wife of the heir, so all she's good for is bearing children."

Thank heavens we have left the ages where a lack of knowledge about female biology meant we measured a woman's worth solely by her ability to brood. Some people on this forum sound like they are wearing What Would Henry VIII Do? bracelets.

Guys, it is not necessary to talk about Catherine's trip in two separate threads especially since she didn't travel by herself. As a result, posts discussing the the Cambridge vacation have been moved to http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...rrent-events-4-september-2012-a-33680-62.html. Please note that I requested this in the past, but I guess I was just talking to myself. Going forward, all posts will just be deleted instead of moved. That's where I am at this point.

In addition, any and all discussion regarding Catherine royal duties should be posted in
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...bridge-charities-and-patronages-32382-12.html.

Let's stay on topic...Catherine's actual Current Events.

Last edited:
How absolutely heartbreaking for the family. It's very touching that Kate sent them a condolence letter.

This news is at least 7 months old.:ermm:
Little boy sadly passed away in May 2012. Not really sure what DM's agenda is but it's nice to know that Kate sent a letter of condolences to the parents.
Had no idea. Judging by the pic Catherine met the little boy back in March when she made a visit on behalf of her charity EACH

7months? The time it takes for such matters to reach the Coroner's Court maybe?

The story is linked to a recent report on poorly performing hospitals. Colchester is one of them. The story is about how the boy died as a resault of poor care, in the parents opinion. Catherine's link to this is tenuous to say the least.

@SkyNewsRoyal: #royal #Kate's next engagement has been announced by St James' Palace - she will visit Grimsby on march 5th

@RE_DailyMail: Kate will visit a series of venues in the town including the National Fishing Heritage Centre, Humberside Fire and Rescue &Havelock Academy

@SkyNewsRoyal: #royal #Kate will also visit Humberside Fire and Rescue Service to meet young people involved with Prince's Trust scheme

Clarence House@ClarenceHouse
The Duchess of Cambridge to visit Grimsby on Tuesday 5th March - the Fishing Heritage Centre, Humberside Fire and Rescue & Havelock Academy

Link
North East Lincolnshire Council

I'm really looking forward to Catherine's official engagements.

Like others, I'm looking forward to seeing Catherine out and about on official duties. She does her job very well, and I'm sure that people in the region are excited to have a chance of meeting their future queen in the flesh.

Bit of a change of scenery for Kate to say the least - Mustique to Grimsby!

Interesting that Kate is visiting Prince's Trust projects in Lincolnshire. Maybe she'll be the one to take it on when Charles becomes King?

I think it would be good for her to get involved with The Prince's Trust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom