The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 2: February 2012-January 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only creepy thing about that cover is the outfit, her hair, make up and her face look just like her IMO.

The only creepy thing about that cover is the outfit, her hair, make up and her face look just like her IMO.

That was my thought as well. That outfit is suited for someone like Katy Perry, not a senior member of the British Royal Family.

Ladies you are missing the obvious.....we can finally see what Kate looks like wearing COLOUR!! :eek: :D

I like those colours on her! I hope she sees the above and gets a bit braver with her dress colour selections.

She DOES!
Red, blue turquoise, emerald green, purple! These are colors.

Right away I could tell it was photoshopped it's like they put her head from the engagement announced at st James and a lady's body posed that way. They must still be on about wanting Kate to be a fashion mag cover girl.

She was spotted yesterday in Anglesey.. looks like dinner and then judging by the first post a concert??? People are suggesting it was a Madonna concert I dunno I'm just confused tbh
https://twitter.com/JulizaAdzlizan
JulizaA ‏@JulizaAdzlizan Just spot Duchess of Cambridge Kate without Prince William behind me!!! Awesomeeer http://instagr.am/p/NMs5JsJWiw/

Liam Jewell ‏@JewellBLUEBIRDS
Kate middleton in work earlier.. Had to stop myself from licking her fork after her meal
Retweeted by Caitlin

(I edited the above tweet it was a bit too dirty for me to post on here)
laura roberts ‏@lauraroberts19 Prince William and kate were just chilling the table across from us while eating my tea... just a normal day in angelsey

James Whatling ‏@JWhatling
Well if the Duchess of Cambridge was at the Madonna gig last night, I certainly didn't see her.....and I was looking! ‪#Kate ‪#Royal

Duchess of Cambridge's wedding dress helps raise £10 million as Buckingham Palace visitor numbers soar - Telegraph

Well, Madonna had a concert in Hyde Park in London last night, so I don't know how likely it is that Kate was simultaneously in London and Anglesey, lol. I think if she had been at the Madonna show there would likely have been some press reports on it.

Ya I think there were rumours of her attending but the photogs said they were searching and did not see her. But then the first tweet confuses me.

I enjoyed all the composites...her popularity would soar if she dressed like that.

Times and info about tomorrow have been "embargoed".

Madonna's concert was apparently a massive failure, hundreds walked out as she performed a striptease.

Opera

Does anyone know if Camilla does not like opera - hence the Prince Charles/Duchess of Cambridge nights at the opera?

I don´t visit this British thread too much, but every time I do find the same silly grinning, the hands in her hair, tons of make-up, hair extensions. It doesn´t matter what she´s doing, the expression in her face is always the same, a fake exaggerated smile. But this time it´s even worse. She´s wearing a ridiculously expensive necklace (in times of crisis) for going to a museum. For the rest, she didn´t change at all, a charity once in a while. This woman will never change. But William knew who he married, didn´t he? I´m glad the comments on every page have changed from positive to negative in so little time.

Last edited:
I don´t visit this British thread too much, but every time I do find the same silly grinning, the hands in her hair, tons of make-up, hair extensions. It doesn´t matter what she´s doing, the expression in her face is always the same, a fake exaggerated smile. But this time it´s even worse. She´s wearing a ridiculously expensive necklace (in times of crisis) for going to a museum. For the rest, she didn´t change at all, a charity once in a while. This woman will never change. But William knew who he married, didn´t he? I´m glad the comments on every page have changed from positive to negative in so little time.

A bit harsh, don't you think? You don't have to worship the ground she (or anyone for that matter) walks on, but is there a reason for such vitriol to be spewed, about a person you've never even met? As for the necklace (and any other article of clothing or jewelry that come from her personal collection), it was bought with private funds, either by her family, herself, or someone else, and there's no reason for her to hide it away. Yes, it's economic crisis practically all over the world, but that shouldn't mean that those who have the private funds shouldn't spend them how they see fit. As for where you see fake, I see someone who actually really enjoys meeting people. If she didn't, children (who are GREAT judges of character, by the way) won't flock to her and want to give her a hug. She's not perfect, because no one is, but she's not vile and horrid either. I hope she never changes, because I like her sincere and honest approach. We have so few people like that on this planet nowadays. You pay attention to the outside more than to what she actually does, and to me, that is quite sad. I hope you know that there's more to a person than clothing, hair, make-up and hand fidgeting. Of course you have the right to your opinion, but you may want to be a little more gentle, because you don't know if the person you're trashing is reading this forum or not, and I don't think, if you were in her position, you would appreciate someone saying these things about you.

Last edited:
A bit harsh, don't you think? You don't have to worship the ground she (or anyone for that matter) walks on, but is there a reason for such vitriol to be spewed, about a person you've never even met? As for the necklace (and any other article of clothing or jewelry that come from her personal collection), it was bought with private funds, either by her family, herself, or someone else, and there's no reason for her to hide it away. Yes, it's economic crisis practically all over the world, but that shouldn't mean that those who have the private funds shouldn't spend them how they see fit. As for where you see fake, I see someone who actually really enjoys meeting people. If she didn't, children (who are GREAT judges of character, by the way) won't flock to her and want to give her a hug. She's not perfect, because no one is, but she's not vile and horrid either. I hope she never changes, because I like her sincere and honest approach. We have so few people like that on this planet nowadays. You pay attention to the outside more than to what she actually does, and to me, that is quite sad. I hope you know that there's more to a person than clothing, hair, make-up and hand fidgeting. Of course you have the right to your opinion, but you may want to be a little more gentle, because you don't know if the person you're trashing is reading this forum or not, and I don't think, if you were in her position, you would appreciate someone saying these things about you.

I didn´t use words like vile or horrid, you did. I used words like ridiculous, silly and exaggerated, is that harsh for you? How should I express my dislike then? Is it so harsh to say she smiles too much for no reason or that she should show more empathy while so many of her country fellows are having a hard time?
You really don´t want her to change? What is it that you like so much about her after 1 year of marriage? because if some of use criticized her for not having ever worked, can we say anything different at this point? Did she make anything different from what she did while "waiting"? I don´t think so.

I didn´t use words like vile or horrid, you did. I used words like ridiculous, silly and exaggerated, is that harsh for you? How should I express my dislike then? Is it so harsh to say she smiles too much for no reason or that she should show more empathy while so many of her country fellows are having a hard time?
You really don´t want her to change? What is it that you like so much about her after 1 year of marriage? because if some of use criticized her for not having ever worked, can we say anything different at this point? Did she make anything different from what she did while "waiting"? I don´t think so.

What I like about her is that she is sincere. She cannot win no matter what she does; she smiles, she's fake, she doesn't smile, she doesn't want to be there. If you don't think she does anything useful, that's fine, but I can certainly disagree. Her involvement with her charities raises awareness for things like addiction and gravely ill children, and if that has no value for you, then again, it's your opinion. She's giving her time volunteering. What else would you have her do? She cannot go out and get a nine-to-five job. As for her having empathy for those who are suffering due to the economy, again, she'll be called 'fake' if she starts really dressing down. Some already complained that it was insulting to see her wear earrings that were made out of paste when she had the funds to afford the real deal. So, we see yet again, she cannot win. This is all I will say on the matter.

School's out for Kate on Jubilee trip | Mail Online

For the Duchess of Cambridge, it would have been a chance to say a special thank you to the school where she is said to have blossomed.
For Marlborough College to have its most famous alumna cut the ribbon opening its new state- of-the-art Malaysian school would have been the icing on the cake after its successful campaign to recreate the ethos of its Wiltshire sister college in south-east Asia.
Certainly college officials were quietly confident that when Kate and Prince William made their trip on behalf of the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee to Malaysia, Singapore and the Solomon Islands in September, a royal visit to the school would be included.

It certainly would have been a wonderful engagement for Catherine to do, shame really.

EDIT: An engagement for next Monday 30th July,

The Duchess of Cambridge will attend The UK’s Creative Industries Reception at Royal Academy of Arts on Monday. Kate will meet 800 representatives of UK’s leading creative companies, industry figureheads, as well as guests from overseas businesses.

Last edited:

Kate doesn't smile for no reason. She smiles because she's meeting interesting people and is happy to do so. That's just good manners. The enjoyment is reflected in those she meets, who only have good things to say about her. Her smile always looks sincere and genuine, to me at least. Ultimately, Kate currently has an approval rating with the British people of 81%, that's higher than the Queen whose approval rating is 80%. Whatever a few trolls on the DM comments sections say, Kate is enormously popular.

Where is the proof that she never worked? I'd be interested to see what leads you to that conclusion.

Regarding the necklace; I spent £150 on a golf club last week. Does that mean I have no empathy for people who are struggling? I could've donated that money to charity, I didn't need a golf club, but I chose to spend it on an item that's essentially a luxury. The UK is one of the wealthiest nations on the planet, even given our current difficulties. The price of Kate's necklace is irrelevant.

Let's stay on topic...Catherine's current events...we don't need to rehash William and Catherine's courtship.....they have nothing to do with Catherine's Current Events.

Wealthy people should spend money during bad economic times. If they didn't, more businesses would fail due to lack of sales and/or investment. A lot of money has gone into charity during Kate's arrival on the scene. Check the numbers of the Foundation she has with William and Harry.

But this time it´s even worse. She´s wearing a ridiculously expensive necklace (in times of crisis) for going to a museum.

I've never had a poor person give me a job. There's nothing wrong with wealth. Would it be moral and ethical for them to help those in need, yes but there is nothing inherently wrong with being wealthy.

LaRae

There are tons of rich folks out there wearing more expensive jewelry than Kate and live more lavishly than the BRF. As for the "fake exaggerated smile" that's in her job description. Regardless of whether she wants to be there or not. If she has to fake it/exaggerate to get through an event do it.. Kate does not have the luxury to call in sick because she doesn't want to be there. She has to be there... that's what she's paid to do. Forever. She does not have the option of quitting like others because they want a new career.

There are tons of rich folks out there wearing more expensive jewelry than Kate and live more lavishly than the BRF. As for the "fake exaggerated smile" that's in her job description. Regardless of whether she wants to be there or not. If she has to fake it/exaggerate to get through an event do it.. Kate does not have the luxury to call in sick because she doesn't want to be there. She has to be there... that's what she's paid to do. Forever. She does not have the option of quitting like others because they want a new career.

Yes she is paid, overpaid I´d say, for doing so little. At least take some protocol clases and don´t make a fool of yourself looking like a complete disaster. It is my opinion she grins and smiles for no reason. And as for the jewelry, she didn´t move a finger to earn it. So it would be wise to know when to wear something so ugly, unexpensive and unnesecary when you have done nothing to earn it. How many pounds will she wear for evening events?

Last edited:
rosana said:
And as for the jewelry, she didn´t move a finger to earn it.

I own lots of expensive things that i did not earn, they were called gifts. Everyone is allowed to receive gifts no matter how expensive they are. It's called being 'nice'.

Yes she is paid, overpaid I´d say, for doing so little. At least take some protocol clases and don´t make a fool of yourself looking like a complete disaster. It is my opinion she grins and smiles for no reason. And as for the jewelry, she didn´t move a finger to earn it. So it would be wise to know when to wear something so ugly, unexpensive and unnesecary when you have done nothing to earn it. How many pounds will she wear for evening events?

She is yet to make a "fool of herself". Granted... I don't always like what she wears but that is why it's called personal taste. It's personal...
And there are plenty of people who own things without "earning" them, just like there are plenty couples in this world where only one spouse works and the other doesn't. Since when is that a thing to be ashamed of.
As for Kate.. the girl has a job. It might not be a fulltime job, but it's still a job...

Well you don't like Princess Charlene either, seems the only person deserving of any praise from you is Princess Caroline .... learn to share the love :D who, by the way wears also wears very expensive jewelry. It is clear you DO enjoy negative comments more than positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom