The Chelsy Davy Thread 4: May-September 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have to remember that Chelsey is still very young, she isn't completely mature, she is still learning about herself and how to conduct herself. In a few years she may grow up more and conduct herself with more respect for others along with herself.

I agree that royals are people, like someone I know says, they go to the bathroom just like we do. lol But, they are viewed as the "highest, classiest, etc. people in the world" They should act so.

I noticed on the pictures of Chelsy at the airport you can see the terminal number signs in the backround. At Heathrow (which I believe is the airport she was at) the terminal signs are only posted in area in which you have to go through security and present a boarding pass. Considering this whoever took those pictures would have to had gone pass all those restrictions or would be boarding a flight also. Just an observation.

ZandraRae said:
I agree that royals are people, like someone I know says, they go to the bathroom just like we do. lol But, they are viewed as the "highest, classiest, etc. people in the world" They should act so.
Afterall, they are paid to act royal in the homes they live in, the people who serve them, the countless honours and memorials from stamps to trains and streets named for them. I agree. "Can't fill the shoes of a royal, abdicate your role in life" and join the rest of us 'normal human beings' they didn't get the lot in life as you, I would say.:cool:

Heidi P. said:
I think Harry is a "local party boy scruffy kid" who happens to be a Prince. I know that Royal titles conjure up all sorts of high expectations, but sadly royals are people too, they have pretty much all the same issues and flaws as the rest of us.
Very well said. If he was somebody else, he wouldn't be highly thought of only of someone who has a lot of vices that are looked down on, such as a "hot tempered, smoking, drinking, gambling, fast driving fool.":cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Even the girlfriends of royals must have soem class and dignity. shes hardly acceptable.

Well I could be wrong, but isn't it natural sometimes for a wild guy to chase after a wild girl? I don't think Harry wants to go out with someone he can't relate too, or finds boring. He has to find someone that complements his personality, not clash with it. Just my opinion.

Australian said:
Well I could be wrong, but isn't it natural sometimes for a wild guy to chase after a wild girl? I don't think Harry wants to go out with someone he can't relate too, or finds boring. He has to find someone that complements his personality, not clash with it. Just my opinion.
Too right!:)

Australian said:

But it would also be nice if he could find a woman to improve his character and personality. Like Princess May of Teck was going to help Prince Eddy improve. Not that Eddy was anything like Harry, or that there are any similarities between them.

Yes that's true as well. So maybe some classy girl to tame his wild heart? But he is still young, he probably will find someone like that when he settles down.

I think Chelsy acts like any normal girl of her age. When she matures and becomes more older and wiser, then i am sure she will settle down and who knows, might even stun people and become an elegant and calssy lady. Let her enjoy her youth now while she has it. We never get our youth back again.

I'm the same age as her (she's 20 right?) and I don't act or dress like her. Does this make me not normal? NO. There's no reason not to be elegant and classy or at least try to be at any age.

Felicia, I don't want offence you, but I know more 20 aged people, which loves fun, crazy things and etc... they are simply like Chelsy. But you can say: Hundred people hudred of tastes.
And I bet, Harry wants Chelsy because of it. He will die from off bore, if he will be with someone "adult" and "normal" because, as he told, he loves fun. and I think in choosing of girlfriend for Harry is Harry the number one who chooses.

Someone can be elegant and classy and FUN. And my point was that there is no such thing as ''normal'' for her age. Everyone's different. One extreme is no more normal than the other.

I don't get it. How exactly people want Chelsy to dress? Should she be dressed in some elegant suit with a matching Prada or Chanel bag? She is 20 (I am 20 too). She is developing her style, prefers the casual, comfortable things.. Imho, that's normal for 20 years old girl. Of course, eceryone has his own taste but personally I have shoes, exactly like Chelsy's and our cardigans are pretty similar.
As for those pictures at the airport with Chelsy smoking, I don't think she was exactly posing for the paparazzi, was she? Smoking is a very bad habit (personally I hate it) but unfortunately millions of people do smoke. If Chelsy smoked at an official dinner party, invited by Prince Harry, it would be terrible, yes, but smoking in the airport is a bit different, imo.

felicia said:
I'm the same age as her (she's 20 right?) and I don't act or dress like her. Does this make me not normal? NO. There's no reason not to be elegant and classy or at least try to be at any age.

So well said...there aren't any reasons not to be.:)

Avalon said:
I don't get it. How exactly people want Chelsy to dress? Should she be dressed in some elegant suit with a matching Prada or Chanel bag? She is 20 (I am 20 too). She is developing her style, prefers the casual, comfortable things.. Imho, that's normal for 20 years old girl. Of course, eceryone has his own taste but personally I have shoes, exactly like Chelsy's and our cardigans are pretty similar.
As for those pictures at the airport with Chelsy smoking, I don't think she was exactly posing for the paparazzi, was she? Smoking is a very bad habit (personally I hate it) but unfortunately millions of people do smoke. If Chelsy smoked at an official dinner party, invited by Prince Harry, it would be terrible, yes, but smoking in the airport is a bit different, imo.

Exactly my point!:clap:

We have had these conversations over and over again, people. Some of us like the way she dresses, others don't. This subject is getting old. lol

I guess we could have a knock-down drag-out fight about whether she should be wearing wedges or heels?

(Kidding, kidding.)

i think considering she is a private citizen and is in no way supported financially by the BRF she can dress any way she wants. style is such a personal thing and it's different for everyone. i don't particularly like her style but i don't think she should change just because she's Harry's gf.

Duchess said:
i think considering she is a private citizen and is in no way supported financially by the BRF she can dress any way she wants. style is such a personal thing and it's different for everyone. i don't particularly like her style but i don't think she should change just because she's Harry's gf.

Actually, I have to disagree with you because she is dating a prince. Dressing conservatively with impeccable manners, style and etiquette shouldn't be a sacrifice. Often times change is better. In this case it would be better as she is the one that must be accepted into the family and not the other way around. :)

Last edited:
Chiyo said:
I guess we could have a knock-down drag-out fight about whether she should be wearing wedges or heels?

(Kidding, kidding.)

:lol:

I think Chelsy is very young and I think she is still going through a phase. She will eventually end up with a style that is comfortable to her and accepted by the BRF. (If they last that long...:rolleyes: ) But to judge her right now is not fair. I can tell you from personal experience that I have gone through many phases. What I wore my freshmen year, I certainly didn't wear my sophmore year. So...the point being she is still changing. And besides, fashion isn't a huge factor considering the fact that she isn't even a notable state person...yet:whistling

Laraib said:

I think Chelsy is very young and I think she is still going through a phase. She will eventually end up with a style that is comfortable to her and accepted by the BRF. (If they last that long...:rolleyes: ) But to judge her right now is not fair. I can tell you from personal experience that I have gone through many phases. What I wore my freshmen year, I certainly didn't wear my sophmore year. So...the point being she is still changing. And besides, fashion isn't a huge factor considering the fact that she isn't even a notable state person...yet:whistling

Very true!

Perhaps we should all agree to disagree on her fashion sense. Some like it while other don't.:flowers:

BeccaLynn07 said:
Very true!

Perhaps we should all agree to disagree on her fashion sense. Some like it while other don't.:flowers:

Good point. :flowers:

Laraib said:

I really like your response. It is very insightful and rings true for me!!!

She's just tacky like Sarah Ferguson. She's going to try to hold on to Harry until he dumps her. No matter what he does or how many other women he sees behind her back, she's not going anywhere.

Laviollette said:
She's just tacky like Sarah Ferguson. She's going to try to hold on to Harry until he dumps her. No matter what he does or how many other women he sees behind her back, she's not going anywhere.

I'm afraid I might have to agree with you. Although Chelsy appears in better form lately (smiling, better dressed etc.), I don't think the relationship is going to last very long unless Chelsy moves to England and be near Harry. Harry is a young lad with screaming hormones and having your girl thousands of miles away would begin to get so old after a while. Perhaps some of his buddies in the army may have sisters that would love to meet Harry.:)

They are both sooooooo young. It will be interesting to see what happens.

One thought though, Prince Charles met the love of his life at that young age and he never stopped loving her.

Perhaps like father, like son. We'll see. :wub:

I love how people are quick to dump on Chelsy because she dresses like a "typical" 20 year old girl. Notice that I put "typical" in quotes because not all 20 year olds dress like that.....I didn't. More because I didn't have the body for it and less because I don't think it's classy. If could get away with dressing like that, I would.

However I don't think class has anything to do with how you dress, to a certain degree. I've seen a lot of so-called "classy" people dress horribly and a lot of so-called "un-classy" people dress with taste and style. I think to be classy or not to be has more to do with your behavior and how you comport yourself. That said, she's a 20 year old girl. I don't expect her to behave like she's constantly in the Queen's rearview mirror. When her and Harry are out kicking up their heels and being outrageous, I expect to her act like a 20 year old girl in that situation would. I am sure if she's ever presented to his family in a formal setting, she'll ditch the cigarettes and low-rider pants.

To expect the girlfriend of a Prince to behave on the same level as the Queen at all times is simply unrealistic.

According to this article, Chelsy came 3rd in the poll of the 'Style Queen’ of the world, behind Jennifer Aniston and Kate Middletion (who is second!) and ahead of Kate Moss and Keira Knightly.

Interesting , so people think she is more stylish than Kate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom