Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 7: December 2006-February 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince Andrew has a suite in Buckingham Palace to use when he wants, his office is also there.

yvr girl said:
Prince Andrew has a suite in Buckingham Palace to use when he wants, his office is also there.

They all do, just like any family! :rolleyes: :lol:

Bella said:
I thought he sold Sunninghill Park and was living at Royal Lodge or something. I believe it was one of the late Queen Mother's residences. I recall reading that he was spending alot of money renovating it.

is thay are togheter in london, the unique place posible is buckingham, I 'am right?

Just because you are going to be in London, it doesn't mean you are sleeping somewhere in central London.

The chances of Sarah sleeping in Andrews suite in BP are IMO, remote......

She probably has to endure the 15-25 minute drive to Royal Lodge!

Stallone Allegedly Tried Winning Sarah Ferguson's Heart

It seems like many celebrities would jump at the chance of dating a royal.
Sources say Sylvester Stallone once asked Sarah Ferguson, the Duchess of York, out on a date.
The "Rocky Balboa" star was rejected by the duchess in 1996 because she had only just finalized her divorce from Prince Andrew and felt it was too soon to start dating.
A source told Britain's Daily Star newspaper, "Apparently Sylvester had a thing for royal girls. The romance never quite blossomed, but the pair remain close friends."
The 60-year-old actor is now married to his third wife, 38-year-old Jennifer Flavin.

I really can't imagine a more unlikely pair! :ROFLMAO:

FERGUSON WRITES HISTORICAL NOVEL

Sarah Ferguson is putting her aristocratic experiences to good use by co-writing a historical novel.
The novel, entitled HARTMOOR and co-written by author LAURA VAN WORMER, tells the story of LADY MARGARET MONTAGU, a 19th century noblewoman who embarks on a dangerous journey to America to track down her kidnapped father.

Avalon said:
FERGUSON WRITES HISTORICAL NOVEL

Sarah Ferguson is putting her aristocratic experiences to good use by co-writing a historical novel.

Good lord. She has been writing this novel for over a year I think. And now she is a co-writer? I would have thought by now that she would have had it written/completed and it was waiting to go to print.

I guess that's what I get for thinking!:lol:

FERGIE'S AGENDA TOO BUSY TO ALLOW FOR TV DANCE ROLE

It could have been quite a coup - a duchess hitting the dancefloor for reality US series Dancing With The Stars. But those hoping to see Fergie doing the tango will be disappointed as her representative has confirmed Prince Andrew's ex won't be taking part.
"It didn't even get as far as the shortlist stage," says her UK spokeswoman. "Although she'd love to do it, she's just too busy." X Factor judge Sharon Osbourne and daughter Kelly were also thought to have been part of the celebrity wish list, but have since backed out.

Pictures:
Sarah
Sarah and Andrew, driving in a car

Avalon said:

It could have been quite a coup - a duchess hitting the dancefloor for reality US series Dancing With The Stars. But those hoping to see Fergie doing the tango will be disappointed as her representative has confirmed Prince Andrew's ex won't be taking part.
"It didn't even get as far as the shortlist stage," says her UK spokeswoman. "Although she'd love to do it, she's just too busy." X Factor judge Sharon Osbourne and daughter Kelly were also thought to have been part of the celebrity wish list, but have since backed out.

Pictures:
Sarah
Sarah and Andrew, driving in a car

Great photos, Avalon! However, I believe the woman in the 2nd photo is Pss Beatrice w Andrew. I think this was when she got her new car.

It was during ascot week, they going to watch Prince Charles play polo, Princess Beatrice was 12 or 13 years old at the time.

Avalon said:

"It didn't even get as far as the shortlist stage," says her UK spokeswoman.

Thank you, Lord! :flowers:

sesa said:
Good lord. She has been writing this novel for over a year I think. And now she is a co-writer? I would have thought by now that she would have had it written/completed and it was waiting to go to print.

I guess that's what I get for thinking!:lol:

If only it were that simple! Novels normally take well over a year to complete, it takes a lot of time to complete a novel, properly at least.

Fergie backs Jo after CBB row

The Duchess of York has weighed into the Celebrity Big Brother debate by declaring her support for Jo O'Meara.
"I didn't watch the show and I don't condone anything she has allegedly said or done. But I know what it's like to be vilified. She is a broken girl. All I'm saying is that she should be removed from the stocks," Sarah Ferguson said.

Avalon said:
Fergie backs Jo after CBB row

The Duchess of York has weighed into the Celebrity Big Brother debate by declaring her support for Jo O'Meara.
"I didn't watch the show and I don't condone anything she has allegedly said or done. But I know what it's like to be vilified. She is a broken girl. All I'm saying is that she should be removed from the stocks," Sarah Ferguson said.

Oh my goodness! If she wants to create media interest in her - is it necessary to engage in such a ugly topic and paint yourself a "victim, too"? IMHO it's disgusting. :ermm:

She was just expressing her opinion Jo. She didn't say she supports what Jo O'Meara did (as Sarah admitted, she hadn't even watched the programme).

Avalon said:
"I didn't watch the show and I don't condone anything she has allegedly said or done. But I know what it's like to be vilified.

Well, yes, I would say that Sarah knows what its like to be villified.

ysbel said:
Well, yes, I would say that Sarah knows what its like to be villified.
Mmmm, I might yet change my mind about some of the 'new' Sarah. :rolleyes: Just need to get her to cover up a bit, get her own 'pad' in London and stop going on about being a Duchess. :lol:

Last edited:
Avalon said:
She was just expressing her opinion Jo. She didn't say she supports what Jo O'Meara did (as Sarah admitted, she hadn't even watched the programme).

That's right - but why express your opinion -by a spokeswoman, no less! - if you have no idea why the girl is being vilified?

Whatever this "Jo" (it's not me.... :)) did, she did it on "Celebrity Big brother". Noone is forced to appear on such a programme. If celebs do it, they have their own reason which normally have nothing to do with charity but self-interest. Big Brother is quite an old programme by now - anyone knows or could know what the whole thing is about. So this Jo must have known she was a potential victim of this programme. She did it anyway because she saw her interests fulfilled with appearing there.

Then she obviously made a mishap and is now (potentially) vilified for it. Well, things like that happen. But why does Sarah feel the need to phone the station and tell she knows how it is? That does not make sense to me at all, except in case this call was out of self-interest as well.

Jo of Palatine said:
That does not make sense to me at all, except in case this call was out of self-interest as well.

I think its more likely that this particular type of situation struck a raw nerve with Sarah given her own past and she just expressed what her own experiences were.

Its not smart but I think we've all agreed that Sarah isn't the smartest woman on the planet regarding influencing people's perceptions. But I don't think the move was that calculated either.

Jo of Palatine said:
But why does Sarah feel the need to phone the station and tell she knows how it is? That does not make sense to me at all, except in case this call was out of self-interest as well.

Yes, I agree. Why would she call and make a public statement? Esp. where she said she doesn't even watch the show and this woman (Jo) isn't a personal friend or a family member. I tend to think it's a self-appreciation move. If there was no attention-grabbing angle here, I'm sure Sarah's "people" could have contacted this woman privately and expressed Sarah's concern and/or support. But she obviously wants everyone to know how she feels. And why this woman? I'm sure there are plenty of ppl out there who are wrongfully "villified". She chose this woman to "support" 'cuz it's the most public.

Strange indeed. Sarah probably thought (in her strange way) that she would be helping the girl by making comparisons with her own experience, (as she saw it).

If she had thought about how it would look in the press, I don't think she would have said anything about it but Sarah has a habit of not thinking before she speaks.

The move is likely to draw comparisons between Sarah and Jo which is not a very smart PR move.

I almost feel sorry for Sarah, she tries to do something nice and it backfires, again.
She does deserve 'Brownie points' for not watching BB though! :lol:

Skydragon said:
I almost feel sorry for Sarah, she tries to do something nice and it backfires, again.
She does deserve 'Brownie points' for not watching BB though! :lol:

Now, am I wrong or you are actually warming up to Sarah, Skydragon? :rolleyes: :lol:

Personally I don't think much harm will be done by that statement - hardly anyone will remember it in a few days. I suppose Sarah did try to support the girl and remind how cruel and exaggerating the Media can be (though she (Jo) did deserve to be told off for her comments but not be made a scapegoat, imo).

Pic 30.01.2007

Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York leaving Cipriani restaurant with Nancy Dell'Olio London, England - 30.01.07 Credit: (Mandatory) R Lawrence/ WENN. Her panty hose has not been the best choice I think ;)

Sarah

Avalon said:
Now, am I wrong or you are actually warming up to Sarah, Skydragon? :rolleyes: :lol:
Perish the thought! :ohmy:
iceflower said:
Her panty hose has not been the best choice I think
You are right, they look awful!

Last edited:
iceflower said:
Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York leaving Cipriani restaurant with Nancy Dell'Olio London, England - 30.01.07 Credit: (Mandatory) R Lawrence/ WENN. Her panty hose has not been the best choice I think ;)

Sarah

Iceflower, where do you find these photos? :lol: But oh no on those stockings! Yikes.

That style of stocking is in vogue on both sides of the Atlantic. Looks much better in person that on photo. Besides she has great looking legs -go for it Sarah.

Now I adore Sarah (warts and all) but those stocking are a No No. I think they are the fashion craze but more so for someone a little younger. Dare I say it. At some point, when you reach a mature age....you don't buy into every fashion craze (i.e. those stockings).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom