Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 6: September-December 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avalon

Heir Apparent
City
Yerevan
Country
Armenia
Welcome to the Part 5 of the Current Events of Sarah, Duchess of York.

Part 4 can be found here

Duchess of York Sarah Ferguson attends an industry screening of 'The Departed' at the Director's Guild theatre in Los Angeles October 5, 2006

from yahoo/reuters and ap

r1385959722rm5.jpg
2og2.jpg
3dk7.jpg
4hz3.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for the pics, fanletizia, Sarah looks very lovely, once more wearing her favourite colour black :) Here is one more nice pic from that event:

(profimedia)

Why is she always wearing black? I mean, I also like black, but she wears black from head to toe. She should wear other colors with the black...breath some life into her outfits. But all in all, she does look pretty.

RachelD said:
Why is she always wearing black? I mean, I also like black, but she wears black from head to toe. She should wear other colors with the black...breath some life into her outfits. But all in all, she does look pretty.
She doesn't wore black on her last holidays - on these photos which I saw. But on normal days like on this event she indeed always wear black... Maybe she like it - and maybe we should start calling her Lady in black, or she belive that she looks nice in this colour, I mean thinner...
I heard some time ago how some psychologist said smth like that that if someone always wearing black it means that this person could have some problems. But it doesn't always is true. Some people just like or even love black colour.

Btw. are there better photos of the Duchess's skirt? I mean from left side?

Last edited:
Magnik, did you see what I saw? I mean her skirt on the left side...it seems to have a slit from mid-thigh down...I'll try finding other pictures.

Oh yes!!! And I tell you that this slit is really big. RachelD if you see thoroughly you'll see that she has some kind of stripe above slit.

I think this outfit wasn't the best choice. Yeah, skirt is horible for me and black color makes her much more older and it doesn't fit to her... actually I agree with RachelD.

I like black myself, and wear a lot of it. Part of the reason I wear it is to make me look slimmer, but I'd wear it anyway because I like it. I'm not keen on this outfit of Sarah's though, mainly because of that slit in the skirt but also because I think the top is too low-but.

I wish a classy stylist would grab Sarah and lock her away for a weekend with a dressmaker, and fit her out with some really smart, elegant outfits, and hairstyle and makeup advice, and some deportment lessons wouldn't go astray, either. I think she looks good, but I think she could look a lot better than she has lately.

By the way, how can anyone criticise the Duchess' legs? She has a figure and a pair of pins that what put someone half her age to shame!

she looks lovely .

I think she looks lovely as well. And you know what they say about wearing black....its very forgiving:)

magnik said:
She doesn't wore black on her last holidays - on these photos which I saw. But on normal days like on this event she indeed always wear black... Maybe she like it - and maybe we should start calling her Lady in black, or she belive that she looks nice in this colour, I mean thinner...
I heard some time ago how some psychologist said smth like that that if someone always wearing black it means that this person could have some problems. But it doesn't always is true. Some people just like or even love black colour.

Btw. are there better photos of the Duchess's skirt? I mean from left side?
Well,in most of the big cities in the US, black is the uniform of choice. We live in NY, and black is definitely the favorite color. Of course, this could also mean that all New Yorkers have some problems.....:wacko:

scooter said:
Well,in most of the big cities in the US, black is the uniform of choice. We live in NY, and black is definitely the favorite color. Of course, this could also mean that all New Yorkers have some problems.....:wacko:
Black is popular here in Boston as well. Actually, it's the color of choice (for both men and women) when attending gala events, parties or a night out on the town. I guess we have problems too. But we look darn good (most of us).

Sarah Ferguson discusses her life from royalty to bankruptcy to advocate

Living happily ever after isn't just a fairy tale for Sarah, Duchess of York.
"It's not every day that you marry the Queen of England's best-looking son," quipped Sarah Ferguson, who was in Utah County on Monday to discuss speaking engagements with American Fork-based Net Marketing Alliance. "It's not every day you get married in a glass coach."

Sarah Ferguson visits American Fork

Utah residents had a chance to see royalty up close and personal yesterday.
That's because the Duchess of York made a stop in American Fork yesterday. She paid a visit to Net Marketing Alliance's corporate offices, where she discussed her life, book and her charity.

Last edited:

source - JEREMY HARMON/Daily Herald

The Duchess of York, reads from her personal scrapbook as she speaks to Net Marketing Alliance employees in American Fork Monday October 9, 2006. The Duchess talked about trials in her personal life and her work with children's charities.

Last edited:
Avalon said:
Sarah Ferguson discusses her life from royalty to bankruptcy to advocate

"It's not every day that you marry the Queen of England's best-looking son," quipped Sarah Ferguson, who was in Utah County on Monday to discuss speaking engagements with American Fork-based Net Marketing Alliance. "It's not every day you get married in a glass coach."

Ha!ha! Wow...I thought this was a funny comment. Honestly, in my opinion, I think Andrew is (or was when he was younger) the better looking of the three sons of QEII. But that is just my opinion!:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
RachelD said:
Ha!ha! Wow...I thought this was a funny comment. Honestly, in my opinion, I think Andrew is (or was when he was younger) the better looking of the three sons of QEII. But that is just my opinion!:flowers:

That's really a very funny comment. :lol: But I must say I disagree, I always liked Prince Charles better. :)

Really?? Well, he did have a certain j'ai ne c'est qua (I think I spelled that wrong!) about him...but then everyone has different tastes and likes. Hey, at least if we had met them we would not have been competing for the same prince!;) :lol:

RachelD said:
Really?? Well, he did have a certain j'ai ne c'est qua (I think I spelled that wrong!) about him...but then everyone has different tastes and likes. Hey, at least if we had met them we would not have been competing for the same prince!;) :lol:

Definitely not. But "my Prince" is older then my Dad and he is busy. Besides, I like Camilla too much to 'steal' her husband. :flowers: :lol:

servingsophie said:
By the way, how can anyone criticise the Duchess' legs? She has a figure and a pair of pins that what put someone half her age to shame!

i think her legs are her worst feature. she should wear skirts/dresses just below the knee....but that's just my opinion. :flowers:

Roslyn said:
I like black myself, and wear a lot of it. Part of the reason I wear it is to make me look slimmer, but I'd wear it anyway because I like it. I'm not keen on this outfit of Sarah's though, mainly because of that slit in the skirt but also because I think the top is too low-but.

I wish a classy stylist would grab Sarah and lock her away for a weekend with a dressmaker, and fit her out with some really smart, elegant outfits, and hairstyle and makeup advice, and some deportment lessons wouldn't go astray, either. I think she looks good, but I think she could look a lot better than she has lately.

i agree about the stylist but i like her make up...it's subtle and professional looking. but yeah, you're definitely right about the clothes.

Thanks for the pic and the information, Avalon :)

Here are some new pics, small but nice :)
Caption: "Sarah Ferguson at Mr CHOW", Beverly Hills, CA, USA, Oct/7/2006

(Woody/Splash News/Newscom)

This woman gets around. London. NYC. The Hampsons. Now Bev Hills. Must be nice! Thanks, Iceflower.

I actually think that Sarah has good legs..but I would also agree that at her age....they need to be at least knee length.

Zonk said:
I actually think that Sarah has good legs..but I would also agree that at her age....they need to be at least knee length.

Yes, I agree. Not bad looking legs, but she needs to wear longer skirts. At least right below the knee...

Longer skirts with shorter slits:angel: And yes, as for the woman in her age she really has quite good legs.

Good grief! People are talking about Sarah as if she is in the 80's. How bad are legs for most women of her age?:ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom