Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 6: September-December 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Avalon said:
SARAH FERGUSON IN RESTROOM RUSE

Despite her royal links, the Duchess of York obviously isn't afraid to try her hand at some of life's more humble professions. Sarah has revealed that she and her friend Sharon Osbourne recently stunned diners at an upmarket eaterie in the British capital by posing as lavatory attendants.

What an embarrassing story. How old is Sarah now?:ermm:

I agree, Jo. I know Sarah likes a good time but really . . . It probably made the poor women using the restroom terribly uncomfortable too. Can you imagine . . .

Sarah has not demonstrated good judgement in her life and appears not yet to have acquired that skill at the age of 47.

Last edited:
Skydragon said:
Oh ysbel, you must know the old ploys used by some ex wives, I have watched enough ex's of both sexes using them. The 'oh, Beatrice was so looking forward to doing ??? as a family', 'I know you promised ??? you would be with her in Paris for the weekend but, Emily had arranged for us all to ????, as a family', 'I was hoping that at this time of year we could pretend to be a normal family for the sake of the girls', 'It's so hurtful for the girls, couldn't we do this for their sakes'.

The ex wives and husbands who have told me how they have manipulated their ex's into doing 'family' things and the new wives/girlfriends/husbands/boyfriends who know they or their partner have been manipulated, but because of the 'children, have had to go along.

Myself, I am happily married and have been for some time.

Oh, I totally agree with you skydragon. I've seen enough of it in my friend's marriages.

Even though we can't know what goes on between Andrew and Sarah when no one else is around, let's say for argument's sake, Sarah is manipulating him. If Sarah did it once, then yes, I'd agree, she's totally to blame but if Sarah manipulates Andrew time and time again over a period of 20 years, then as much as I like Andrew, I think he's a willing partner in the drama and I can't spare that much sympathy for him.

Sorry Andrew, you're still a hunk :wub: but facts are fact.

I've also noticed in manipulative situations that its not just one of the parties that does the manipulation, both of the parties are getting something out of the situation.

Andrew seems perfectly happy and content the way things are and if you look at it from his side, it may not be a bad situation. He has a history of being attracted towards women who are not exactly suited for royal life (Koo Stark, Sarah, Angie Everheart) and he doesn't seem interested at all in finding someone that is suitable.

My guess is that Sarah provides Andrew with the family life and Angie provides Andrew with the fun and the sex appeal that makes him feel 20 again. He's got the best of both worlds and the combination of the two of them together has the advantage (from his standpoint) of scaring away any marriage-minded 'suitable' woman who would normally flock to a single eligible royal like flies to honey.

I think they're both getting something out of it.

ysbel said:
Oh, I totally agree with you skydragon. I've seen enough of it in my friend's marriages.

Even though we can't know what goes on between Andrew and Sarah when no one else is around, let's say for argument's sake, Sarah is manipulating him. If Sarah did it once, then yes, I'd agree, she's totally to blame but if Sarah manipulates Andrew time and time again over a period of 20 years, then as much as I like Andrew, I think he's a willing partner in the drama and I can't spare that much sympathy for him.
I've also noticed in manipulative situations that its not just one of the parties that does the manipulation, both of the parties are getting something out of the situation.

I think they're both getting something out of it.

You are probably right! It is just a wish that he would one day meet a nice girl, can we put your name forward? :lol:

Skydragon said:
You are probably right! It is just a wish that he would one day meet a nice girl, can we put your name forward? :lol:

Ah skydragon, you made my day. :lol: Oh God, in my dreams! :wub: Yum, yum!

Pics 21.12.2006

Sarah Ferguson, the Duchess of York arrives with daughters Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie at the Aldwych Theatre to see 'Dirty Dancing' on December 21, 2006 in London, England. (Photos by Tim Graham/Getty Images)

I post these pics here, as it's the complete set of pics and as the links that were posted in Beatrice's and Eugenie's threads may disappear as soon as there will be new pics of them..

picture gallery at getty
Sarah with her special handbag Three beauties

thanks for the photos, ice.
eugenie is a beuty but she never smille, is very 'resius' is rare in a girl of her age, her sister are smilling all the time

You are most welcome, corazon. I found some more pics of them after the play and among these there are some where you can see her smiling, take a look especially at pic 3, corazon :)
Pic 1 Pic 2 Pic 3

Beautiful pictures, Iceflower! :flowers:

Duchess consoles friend

Sarah Ferguson, the Duchess of York, has cancelled her Christmas plans to console a friend who is grieving for the tragic loss of her son.
The duchess rushed to the side of her long-time pal Clare Milford Haven after learning that her 21-year-old-son James had been shot dead last Friday (15.12.06).

iceflower said:
You are most welcome, corazon. I found some more pics of them after the play and among these there are some where you can see her smiling, take a look especially at pic 3, corazon :)
Pic 1 Pic 2 Pic 3

thanks again, Ice, yes in the pic 3 she is smilling, great for her! becuase she in all the photos are so serius:neutral:

Thanks as always, Iceflower, for the pictures. Sarah looks a bit washed out, maybe over her concern for her friend who lost her son recently. The girls look great! Pss Eugenie is really quite attractive, though I still don't see any resemblence to her and any other members of her family. Glad to see you have photos of her smiling. Maybe she doesn't smile 'cuz of the braces. Beatrice is beautiful as ever. Thanks again.

HighGoalHighDreams said:
This year, Sarah is not on Andrew's Christmas card:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=424025&in_page_id=1770

But there are supposedly eight more pictures sent out from inside it that I have not seen.
Thanks for the link, HGHD. I saw this yesterday and thought it a bit unusual Sarah wasn't included this year. Maybe now the girls are growing up they'll be seen on cards with each parent separately. I think the turban photo is a bit nutty, but funny. The girls look a bit embarassed, though. I sure would be if that were my father.

in the newspapaer said that the card incled 8 photos and 1 is sarah, but don't was published

sara1981 said:

Well, I can't say I'm too shocked. Sarah does love that high end partying crowd. I find it odd that she'd spark up a "friendship" w Kate Moss at all, but stranger things have happened in Sarah's world, I suppose. Let's just pray she (Kate) doesn't bring along that idiot boyfriend of hers. And what's with that bizarre picture of Kate and Sarah that accompanies the article. The whole thing just reeks of yet another cheap over-the-top bad choice in judgment.

Bella said:
...The whole thing just reeks of yet another cheap over-the-top bad choice in judgment.
I guess we could go through the guest list of every private event and pick out the persons to whom we have moral objection, and tar the other guests by assocaition.

The article states Sarah will be staying in a villa at a private resort along with others who will also be renting villas (among them Kate Moss).
At the bottom of the article it's mentioned that others within the social circle of David Tang who will be there include, apart from Sarah and Kate Moss, "Hoteliers Lord and Lady Weinberg... and the Keswick family, who own the £300million Jardine Matheson empire."

So, just like the rest of us, Sarah has a varied circle of friends and acquaintances. No need for an overdose of moral self-righteousness over this holiday. :)

Warren said:
The article states Sarah will be staying in a villa at a private resort along with others who will also be renting villas (among them Kate Moss).

So, just like the rest of us, Sarah has a varied circle of friends and acquaintances. No need for an overdose of moral self-righteousness over this holiday. :)

I did notice the mention of other guests and their families. And that gave me a moment's pause. However, not to sound too self-righteous, but I think Sarah's love of media attention (and Kate is someone who attracts media attention whether good or bad) will have her surrounding herself more with ppl like Kate rather than wealthy middle-age holiday-goers and their families. And if she were alone, vacationing like the rest of us so to speak, I don't think anyone would really have a problem with it. It's just when she brings her daughters along (and I know Beatrice is 18 now) people stop and wonder. They are royal princesses after all and while I know they can't be shielded (nor should they be) from the "real world", I just don't think ~ in my humble opinion ~ that they should be linked to someone like Kate Moss and worse, that boyfriend of hers. Not at this point in their lives. They'll have plenty of time for celeb parties later, they're still young and impressionable now. My feeling: I think Sarah should have taken them on a nice New Year vacation someplace else.

Nobody is better than nobody.
People make mistakes during their lives, no-one is perfect!
I know Sarah isn't stupid or something, I'm sure she has the power of talking about things(as drugs) with her daughters and warn them.
She would never let her daughters have a too deep friendship with Kate, and if Kate is friend with Sarah she would never do drugs(or something like that) with the girls around.
But I DO NOT understand why Sarah needs so much attention doing these kinds of things.

Closed thread

Time to close this thread and start a new one.
The new thread for the Current Events of Sarah, Duchess of York can be found here.

Thanks to everyone, who contributed! :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom