Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 6: September-December 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a male member, I think Sarah's legs are an absolute delight! I'd like to hear what other male royalists think!

Yikes! :ohmy: That's an attention-getting message! :lol:

I join in wishing Sarah a happy birthday.

I read on The Royalist site that she's celebrating the occasion with Andrew and the girls.

Incas said:
Good grief! People are talking about Sarah as if she is in the 80's. How bad are legs for most women of her age?:ROFLMAO:

Thanks Incas. :clap: I'm the same age as Sarah and have beautiful legs. I still feel like a thirty year old woman with my whole life ahead of me.

Actually, I still feel like an eighteen year old with my whole life ahead of me, but I thought that was pushing it. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
The first pics after her birthday ;) "Caption : Sarah Ferguson leaving Cipriani restaurant, London, England - 18.10.06"

(WENN)

just because sarah is a year older doesn't mean she has to wear skirts to floor and put herself in a nursing home. i'm only 2 years younger than her but my skirts are no longer slit to the thigh. i still don't think her legs are nice and i still think she should tone it down a bit however she's still got lots of time before she needs to retire to the old age home.

Great pictures, Iceflower! Sarah looks quite nice in these recent photos. I hope she had an enjoyable birthday. Does anyone know if she's dating? Seems a shame for her to be alone (w/out romantic company) all the time.

She has to be without romantic company when she's out on the town, oherwise she would stain/scrap her only public value which is being a royal, well an ex-royal. She has no to little marketing value by herself.

I agree with you Bella :flowers: but Princess BellyFlop, I don't know if I understood you right, do you mean that Sarah was not allowed to appear in public with a (possible) partner? She has had that long relationship with the Italian earl and appeared with him in public very often, so I don't think she would be criticized for anything like that??!

Sarah is certainly allowed to appear in public with a partner and I'm the 1st one to wish that she does it so she can leave dear Andrew alone. BUT she won't do it because she is smart enough to know that by doing so she would be less appealling to the general public as she would be losing her royal aura and would become less interesting for publicity contract.

Showing in public with a partner would mean that she moved on from her royal Andrew and has a new life of her own and she knows, like most of us, that the public will not be interested in Ms Sarah Tartempion! Goodbye PR contracts an appearances on USA major TV talk shows and hello to the caravan of public speeches in minor suburbian shopping centers!

The same people who have a positive interest in Sarah now will have it of her no matter who she dates.

Sarah Ferguson Set To Produce Queen Victoria Movie

Sarah Ferguson reportedly wants to make a Hollywood movie about Britain's Queen Victoria. The Duchess of York is set to produce the movie after first bringing up the idea with successful film executive, Graham King.
Sarah - the ex-wife of Prince Andrew - pitched her idea to the film producer who immediately agreed to take part in the big project.

It seems that Sarah says (or doesn't say) that she wants to start these things and doesn't follow through with them. She has made comments in interviews that she is going to start things such as radio shows, books, and various other things and virtually never follows through with it.

HighGoalHighDreams said:
It seems that Sarah says (or doesn't say) that she wants to start these things and doesn't follow through with them. She has made comments in interviews that she is going to start things such as radio shows, books, and various other things and virtually never follows through with it.

HighGoalHighDreams...how do you know she is never follows through with it. Perhaps she is announcing book deals (using this as an example) and the book will be going out in the next month or so. Loads of people like her (writers, singers, etc.) announce things before they actually happen to startup the publicity. Just a thought.

Zonk- I am refering to things that would no longer be valid the way she stated them. :) For example, I have read many times that she is "about" to get her own radio show. Because I run several websites on the royals I have to say I don't know the exact articles off the top of my head; I read through literally thousands of articles a year about the immediate families of about five people in that family. :cool: As others who do so know, she has not infrequently refered to things she will be doing "soon" or whenever. Announcing something will be soon in 2002 and doing it in 2006 is jumping the gun, I think.

I think a top example of that would be that she announced that she had a horse that was (I think the word was "definitely") going to Athens in 2004. The way it was phrased (her exact words in a very long transcript, as I recall, which I read in full several times) made it seem like he had qualified. Not only had he not, but he was out of the running a good deal before she said that. I think there is a big difference between being optimistic and what I see as what Sarah does: jumping the gun. She says ALL the time she wants to be seen as genuine, and genuine people don't talk about their horse that qualified for the Olympics and how they're going to watch him when their horse isn't going to be in the Olympics. ;)

I understand that firm supporters of Sarah may disagree and say she is just being exuberant; however, I have to respectfully disagree. :cool:

Since I thought I may have remembered the show, I ran a search with words from her quote and was able to locate the transcript. :)

FROM http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0310/21/lkl.00.html:

FERGUSON: I'm having to focus on my work really hard. And I've got a horse going to the Olympics next year, which I'm really excited about, a show-jumping horse. I mean, it was a horse I just found in Ireland. I liked him. He's a big -- something big, 17-hand stallion. And he's...

KING: What's his name?

FERGUSON: Baboo (ph).

KING: Baboo?

FERGUSON: Yes. And he's jumping for Ireland, and Robert Spain (ph), who rides in Green Coat (ph).
KING: What event?

FERGUSON: ... qualified in show jumping next year. You'll see us there.

KING: That's going to be great -- in Greece.

FERGUSON: We're going to win the Olympic gold.

KING: You will go, will you not?

FERGUSON: I will.

I did omit a part where she talks about her certainty that they will win a gold medal: that, I believe, is optimism. Yes, I am aware that different things happen (and as a rider am familiar with the story here) but I think this is just one example that I could most easily explain and pull up of what I don't think is a good policy to practice. Saying "qualified" is not "I think he will, I'm sure he will, he will". I don't think someone who says she wants to be seen as "real" should make a habit of saying things as fact that are not true. I was just pointing out that I feel she contridicts herself often in that way.

Has anyone seen the article on the Tea with the Duchess contest? I read on PR Web that there is a nation-wide (US) contest to win tea with the Duchess in Beverly Hills as well as a piece of her jewelry line. I know she's trying to promote her business, but I just find this a bit tacky, even for her. I think a more tasteful "contest" would have perhaps been to have just been the winning of the jewelry. I dunno . . . just MO.

iceflower said:
Here is the link to some more pics from yesterday. I wonder how expensive her jewellery will be..;)
Caption: "Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York, debuts her line of jewelry for K&G Creation on November 3, 2006 at Bloomingdales in Westfield Century Mall in Los Angeles, California."
Im sure it will be very expensive since they are selling it at bloomingdales

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesn't she look absolutely wonderful! So elegant! I adore the shoes!

Why don't they drop the "Duchess of York" thing? She is just Sarah Ferguson. She is not the Duchess of York. That title belongs to the wife of HRH The Duke of York. She is not HRH. She is just plain Sarah Ferguson.

Laviollette said:
Why don't they drop the "Duchess of York" thing? She is just Sarah Ferguson. She is not the Duchess of York. That title belongs to the wife of HRH The Duke of York. She is not HRH. She is just plain Sarah Ferguson.

As the divorced wife of a royal duke, Sarah is correctly styled Sarah, Duchess of York. If Andrew remarried, his new wife would be HRH The Duchess of York.

Now whether it is wise for Sarah to use the Duchess of York title after all these years is IMO questionable. She is however within her rights to use the title.

Last edited:
Titles are pretty impressive in the US (at least in some crowds where that sort of thing is important) so I'm sure it's in Sarah's best interest to keep using it.

I think people still recognise her as the Duchess of York and if it helps her, then there is no reason why the Duchess shouldn't keep using her title.
I always think of her as the Duchess of York and if I was fortunate enough to meet her I would still use the title to address her.
I think it's a pity they removed the HRH title.

her jewelry is pretty expensive for fake stuff.
She has a full page ad in the weight watchers magazine that has a 1 stone necklace, a 3 stone ring, and stud earrings advertised for $799 each.
the web site to check out more stuff is www.sarahsjewelry.com
I have not visited the site yet so I'm not sure what she has. But if this ad is any indication of prices, I'll forgo the visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom