Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 2: September 2004-August 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• 270205.jpg
    270205.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 675
Last edited:
Fergie urged to keep 'em on
From correspondents in London
October 16, 2004

NEWS that Sarah Ferguson is to pose nude for a charity book was greeted perhaps ungenerously by one British newspaper today, as it launched a campaign urging her to stay clothed.

A readers' petition - entitled Keep 'em on, Fergie - was The Sun's swift response to the decision by Ferguson, the former wife of Prince Andrew whose official title is the Duchess of York.

According to the duchess's spokeswoman, she will appear nude, but for some Cartier jewels and a pair of Jimmy Choo designer shoes for a charity book being produced to help an AIDS charity.

The Sun, Britain's best-selling daily paper, printed cut-out coupons in today's edition which it urged readers to sign and send to Ferguson, care of her public relations agency.

"Dear Fergie," they read, "please, please don't inflict your naked pictures on the world."

Ferguson married Prince Andrew, the second son of Queen Elizabeth, in 1986, and although they divorced 10 years later the couple remain good friends. She has endured a distinctly rocky relationship with the British tabloid press, which has regularly castigated her for a sometimes haphazard dress sense, various money-making enterprises and an occasionally dubious choice of friends.

Agence France-Presse

http://www.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4057,11089275%255E13780,00.html

I've seen the pic and you actually can't see much...but i still think it's really highly inappropiate even if it's for charity...
it's just wrong

completely concur with you Martine. That image was in one of the tabloid magazines. perhaps she could have ventured into other ways for raising money for worthy causes like AIDS.

Last edited:
The Queen's private secretary once called her " Vulgar, vulgar, vulgar!" I used to think it was a mean spirited thing to say about someone I always thought was simply a colourful personality. Now I have to agree with him. She's the mother of two Pricesses and still has the title Duchess of York which used to be held by Her Majesty The Queen Mother. She must be turning in her grave at the present Duchess allowing herself to be photographed naked and I doubt The Queen herself is none too pleased.

sharon_rose said:
British Prime Minister Tony Blair's wife Cherie, left, jokes with the Duchess of York, before the start of a fund raising ball, for the Parents and Abducted Children Together (PACT) charity in Central London, October 7, 2004. (Pictured : Cherie Blair, Sarah Ferguson)
(abacausa)

http://www.abacausa.com/ximagi/search.php?u=&message=Event:+Fund%20raising%20for%20PACT%20-%20London&assignment_id=13513
Cherie Blair isn't pregnant again....is she? She looks pregnant in the pic...

WHat is the point of it? And wouldn it spoil any chances of her and Andrew coming back together?

You'd think she might realise there were ways of helping out AIDS charities that didn't involve embarrassing her daughters and causing yet more problems for the Queen.

I would actually liked to see Prince Andrew and Fergie remarry. It really seems like they both really love each. Unfournately, this will prolly never happen while the Queen is still alive. I'm glad Fergie has continued her charity work, but I think its best to leave the posing nude to models like Kate Moss.

Sarah poses au natural

Well, you all might not think to highly of me after this :) I don't think it is a bad thing that she did. It was all in the name of charity, you didn't see much of anything of shocking value, although the very act of posing in the nude is shocking enough for others. Her heart is in the right place and I understand how the rest of you feel about her doing such a thing. It's a gutsy thing to do because I know she's aware of the talk it will cause and how it might reflect on her daughters.

I don't see anything wrong with what she did (I hope you all still like me after this opinion! :D )

I think she is empowering herself and her daughters. She isn't doing just to take her clothes off, it is for a benefit and a cause. She has overcome so much, I will take off my clothes if it was for something good.

Plus she owes the Queen nothing,shes already paid the Queen her debts so I say "Good for you Fergie"

Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York, signs copies of her new book "Little Red's Christmas Story" in London, UK

Attachments

• 3731815.jpg
    3731815.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 467
  • 3731817.jpg
    3731817.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 435
  • 3731813.jpg
    3731813.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 408
  • 3731816.jpg
    3731816.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 435
  • 3731818.jpg
    3731818.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 400
  • 3731819.jpg
    3731819.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 439
  • 3731820.jpg
    3731820.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 514
  • 3731812.jpg
    3731812.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 425
Last edited:
Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York at the Cosmetic Executive Women Awards at Claridges in central London on Oct 27, 2004

Attachments

• 277401.jpeg
    277401.jpeg
    144.2 KB · Views: 346
  • 277402.jpeg
    277402.jpeg
    145.4 KB · Views: 331
  • 277400.jpeg
    277400.jpeg
    190.8 KB · Views: 391
  • 277399.jpeg
    277399.jpeg
    154.1 KB · Views: 313
yeh it should be more natural :( it's way to much and imo she doesn't really need it these days :)

oh and, the woman with her on the last pics looks awful (sorry but it is ;-) ) who is she?

Martine said:
oh and, the woman with her on the last pics looks awful (sorry but it is ;-) ) who is she?
It is Viviene Westwood, famous British fashion designer known for her avant-garde style. (that is so tipically for her :))

Last edited:
hahahaha look at Fergie's eyeballs in the second picture above, it looks like its going to pop out hahahaha

Fergie and plastic surgery

I was looking at some pictures the other day and it's easy to tell she had quite a bit of plastic surgery done lately. What do you think? Any idea when she did this?

Sarah is in Argentina now.
In the pictures is in the Campo Argentino de Polo

Attachments

• sarah aca.JPG
    sarah aca.JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 855
Last edited:
krone1 said:
I was looking at some pictures the other day and it's easy to tell she had quite a bit of plastic surgery done lately. What do you think? Any idea when she did this?
I have heard that she got some botox. Fergie is supposedly addicted to it. If she did get botox I don't think she is addicted to it. I am sure she spends a good amount of time on her looks. I saw the other day on Good Morning America and she was talking about her new book or something and she seemed like she had one too many pixie sticks.
Fergie does still do a lot of public engagements despite everything so maybe she felt she needed it.

November 29, 2004-BUENOS AIRES, ARGENTINA: Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York, during the opening of "Mensajeros de la Paz" house (Peace Messenger). The house will assist children who need ambulatory treatment at the Garraham pediatric hospital. AFP PHOTO/STR

Attachments

• sarah.jpg
    sarah.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 846
  • sarah1.jpg
    sarah1.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 629
  • sarah2.jpg
    sarah2.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 697
Caricature pic of Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York...

Attachments

• ferguson.gif
    ferguson.gif
    15.2 KB · Views: 712
Royal redheads on the prowl
From correspondents in London
December 4, 2004

THE Duchess of York has told how she likes to go out "on the pull" with her 16-year-old daughter Beatrice.

She revealed in an extraordinarily frank interview: "We always talk about boyfriends. She longs for me to have one and I long for her to have one."

Sarah Ferguson, who has had a string of high-profile lovers since her divorce from Beatrice's father Prince Andrew in 1996, said: "It's such fun because we go out on the pull together and I say, 'Look, what about him?' and she says, 'Oh, Mum, no.'

"We're so close. We're mates. We have a real laugh."

The Duchess, whose younger daughter Eugenie is 14, has revealed how much she missed having her own mother around as a teenager.

Susan Barrantes moved to Argentina to remarry when Sarah was 12.

"Looking at the girls now I realise how much more I missed having a mother," she said.

"Now is the time in Beatrice's life when she really needs to know her mother is strong and there.

"I've told her she musn't fret. She musn't worry if other people have boyfriends. Her time will come.

"The other day she had a wobbly and said she didn't want to be grown up, not that day, so she just sat with me and had a hug. It's OK to be a little girl. I'm 45 and I still feel like a little girl."

The Duchess, in an interview with a British newspaper, also claimed she "thrives" on being alone.

Although she is very good friends with her former husband, she dismissed speculation they might remarry as "rubbish".

She said: "We get on so well. We are different people now.

"We support each other and if in doubt I will ring him and say, 'Listen, I can't cope'. We're a family really."

Sarah's love-life has caused her some embarrassment in the past, most famously when she was photographed topless in the south of France in 1992 with her "financial adviser" Johnny Bryan sucking her toes.

She subsequently dated Italian count Gadda della Gherardesca for four years but spent the past 3 1/2 years going through what she calls a "man-free patch" until she decided she was ready to seek romance again this year.

She is optimistic about finding love and said she had few requirements in a man.

"As long as he laughs and doesn't mind the cameras on me," she said. "Some spontaneity would be nice - to have someone say, 'Come on, we're off to Paris for the weekend'."

http://www.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4057,11582973%255E401,00.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Does she do these engagements for the RF? or through her own contacts?

I must admit that I'm not so excited about her latest revelations...I think she should really stop telling embarassing things about her daughters...but apparently the girls don't mind or they are kept away from newspapers (which is unlikely)

I don't think she is being vulgar at all. Her daughters have a close relationship with her and I wish I was that close with my mother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom