Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 16: January-May 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amen, sister. Amen.

I recall there was one poster here from "down under" who said she was quite familiar with lots of Navy wives, that there was regular and rampant adultery among service wives, and it was just fine. I was like :eek::eek::eek:! You're husband is off in service so it's fine to have a sweaty rollaround with a luvvah? I doubted that highly, but it was rather an odd defense of Sarah's romping, both financial and sexual - not to mention a tremendous slur against the wives (and husbands!) of service personnel.

Is everyone quite certain that Charles is well-disposed to having Sarah around and about if he ascends? My impression was that last Sarah ridiculousness, where she was pimping out Andrew in a hotel room, sort of burned that bridge.

If anything, I would think that Charles would be equally inclined to keep her away, if not more, and in fact take more definitive steps to solidify the wall. Charles does tend to act, as opposed to HM who prefers to let matters such as personal relationships drift, to avoid confrontation. IIRC, HM was reluctant to take steps that would hurt her sister Margaret over the Peter Townsend situation, to the point that it dragged on far past the "containable" level. The War of the Wales, too, went on for far longer than it should have before HM stepped in.

My opinion is that Charles ascending the throne will end the last of Sarah's freebies, specifically her living off Andrew at Royal Lodge. Charles will be in charge of the purse then, as the Civil List changes will be solidified.

Charles may take the position, given his own marital history, that Sarah and Andrew should remarry provided that Sarah abide by some very strict rules of conduct, but I rather doubt it. I'm not fans of either Camilla or Charles but I think they've done a lot to clean up their act and work together, and it shows. I believe that Charles would view a re-entry of Sarah into the Royal folds as being an enormous step backward for everyone, especially since she has so little regard for duty and such a ravenous appetite for perks.

I agree with you in relation to the views that Charles is likely to have in the context of any possible remarriage between Andrew and Sarah. I would be very surprised if anything fo the type were to happen, unless it was viewed as a way of getting some control on Andrew and Sarah.

anybody have any idea where i can write to sarah?

Amen, sister. Amen.

I recall there was one poster here from "down under" who said she was quite familiar with lots of Navy wives, that there was regular and rampant adultery among service wives, and it was just fine. I was like :eek::eek::eek:! You're husband is off in service so it's fine to have a sweaty rollaround with a luvvah? I doubted that highly, but it was rather an odd defense of Sarah's romping, both financial and sexual - not to mention a tremendous slur against the wives (and husbands!) of service personnel.

Is everyone quite certain that Charles is well-disposed to having Sarah around and about if he ascends? My impression was that last Sarah ridiculousness, where she was pimping out Andrew in a hotel room, sort of burned that bridge.

If anything, I would think that Charles would be equally inclined to keep her away, if not more, and in fact take more definitive steps to solidify the wall. Charles does tend to act, as opposed to HM who prefers to let matters such as personal relationships drift, to avoid confrontation. IIRC, HM was reluctant to take steps that would hurt her sister Margaret over the Peter Townsend situation, to the point that it dragged on far past the "containable" level. The War of the Wales, too, went on for far longer than it should have before HM stepped in.

My opinion is that Charles ascending the throne will end the last of Sarah's freebies, specifically her living off Andrew at Royal Lodge. Charles will be in charge of the purse then, as the Civil List changes will be solidified.

Charles may take the position, given his own marital history, that Sarah and Andrew should remarry provided that Sarah abide by some very strict rules of conduct, but I rather doubt it. I'm not fans of either Camilla or Charles but I think they've done a lot to clean up their act and work together, and it shows. I believe that Charles would view a re-entry of Sarah into the Royal folds as being an enormous step backward for everyone, especially since she has so little regard for duty and such a ravenous appetite for perks.

Now that Charles is a happy man, he may well be disposed to sanction a re-wed between Andrew and Sarah. I'm sure he sees most everything in a different light since his marriage to the Duchess.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Although discouraged among deployed service personnel (men and women, married or not) are commonplace. Don't let your commanding officer find out, tho, it can lead to discharge for married soldiers. Not nice, but it is a reality. Sex is the strongest known "urge" amongst human beings. Yes, food is secondary.

No excuse, but it is what it is.

Last edited:
I think Oprah is now officially playing a role similar to that of the Renaissance Popes - a person who has done bad deeds goes to Oprah for confession, receives absolution and advice (although not much penance - there was certainly chiding).

Opening the show with the most disgraceful think that Sarah has done, and then letting Sarah dwell at length on what on awful person she is, had all the makings of overhearing a confessional session.

It was good television, Oprah knows what she's doing. I don't know how either one of them can stand watching their own work, once it's done, but Oprah needs attention way more than Sarah. Oprah's only problem is finding people who are famous enough to be on her show. Clearly, Oprah wanted to be involved in the Royal Wedding herself, someone, and Sarah obliged (for a fee).

The fact that Sarah and Oprah were pretending that making the television show is some kind improved behavior from Sarah (so unlike taking outright bribes for access, right?) was amusing.

The suggestion that the princesses might be referenced or shown on the show was tantalizing (although one wonders what the show will actually be about). I, for one, will be watching it. It will probably have as many ???? moments as the interview itself.

My main question afterwards was about their respective shoes - I wonder how many dollars we were seeing in footwear, there.

Probably the Queen and Prince Philip - I'm sure they wouldn't allow it....then again they ended up accepting the situation with Charles and Camilla and saw the re-marriage of Anne. I know these are two very different situations but to be honest, Andrew is no longer as high profile a royal as he used to be and what with the "new generation" of the core royal family becoming more prominent, I personally would not object to a re-marriage between Andrew and Sarah. She needn't carry out public duties or have a high profile etc.
However, once Charles ascends the throne and he is not kindly disposed to Fergie he could pull a Princess Margaret/Group Captain Townsend on Andrew over a remarriage. That is something to think about.

I just watched Sarah's interview on Oprah. I love her honesty. It must be hard to admit all of that after all. I do feel sorry for her though. I think a lot of people are too hard on her. Hopefully her show will put her in a better life.

I've just watched it - and by watching it I was stuck by how pathetic and absurd this whole thing is, seeing an ex-royal (looking like bursting into tears, full of self pity and self indulgence) blabbing about something she used to be part of, with Oprah pretending to be interested and Sarah all too willing to reveal her inner thoughts because she has to be recognized by somebody... constantly feeling the need to get people's attention, not even shying away from mentioning Diana's name... Painful to watch somebody completely lost in self delusion... too bad that there is still a platform and an audience and even worse that its making Sarah and other people a fair amout of money :eek:

I just watched Sarah's interview on Oprah. I love her honesty. It must be hard to admit all of that after all. I do feel sorry for her though. I think a lot of people are too hard on her. Hopefully her show will put her in a better life.
Yes, well she's rather TOO honest, isn't she? She's admitted to being pretty much a wreck and blowing everything when she had everything. What's left? Everybody feels sorry for Sarah and she's feeding off that currently. However it is time she bucks up and makes a life for HERSELF and is happy.

PrincessKaimi said:
I think Oprah is now officially playing a role similar to that of the Renaissance Popes - a person who has done bad deeds goes to Oprah for confession, receives absolution and advice (although not much penance - there was certainly chiding).

Opening the show with the most disgraceful think that Sarah has done, and then letting Sarah dwell at length on what on awful person she is, had all the makings of overhearing a confessional session.

It was good television, Oprah knows what she's doing. I don't know how either one of them can stand watching their own work, once it's done, but Oprah needs attention way more than Sarah. Oprah's only problem is finding people who are famous enough to be on her show. Clearly, Oprah wanted to be involved in the Royal Wedding herself, someone, and Sarah obliged (for a fee).

The fact that Sarah and Oprah were pretending that making the television show is some kind improved behavior from Sarah (so unlike taking outright bribes for access, right?) was amusing.

The suggestion that the princesses might be referenced or shown on the show was tantalizing (although one wonders what the show will actually be about). I, for one, will be watching it. It will probably have as many ???? moments as the interview itself.

My main question afterwards was about their respective shoes - I wonder how many dollars we were seeing in footwear, there.

I think Oprah really believes that he is helping these so called celebrities.

Anyway I am done with it. Let me know when Sarah continues on the talk show circuit.

I feel another book coming on from Sarah.. and this interview is the teaser.

Elly C said:

If that happens who in the world would buy stuff they most likely already brought before? Take that £20 and sponsor a child or your local library.

...I personally love the fact that the Yorks remain a tight family unit and cannot be broken apart. They seem to really love and accept one another.

Charles once said his relationship with Camilla was "non-negotiable".

William has taken the Middletons to heart and in some ways seems to prefer them to his birth family(at least for now) and this in spite of the odious reputation of his bride's uncle-who by the way he invited to the wedding. :sad:...

And, IMO, more odious the fact that Kate's brother recited from the pulpit while having nude photos of himself circulating on the 'net as they said "I Do."

Last edited:
I've just watched it - and by watching it I was stuck by how pathetic and absurd this whole thing is, seeing an ex-royal (looking like bursting into tears, full of self pity and self indulgence) blabbing about something she used to be part of, with Oprah pretending to be interested and Sarah all too willing to reveal her inner thoughts because she has to be recognized by somebody... constantly feeling the need to get people's attention, not even shying away from mentioning Diana's name... Painful to watch somebody completely lost in self delusion... too bad that there is still a platform and an audience and even worse that its making Sarah and other people a fair amout of money :eek:

I agree! I also disliked how Oprah kept with her shock face throughout the show everytime Sarah mentioned her lady's in waiting, old royal life etc...she's been divorced 15 years now, you think she would have some sort of reality grip living without that lifestyle for a while now. I understand divorce is paiful, but I just think its really inappropriate to share your wedding "snub" sob story to the world. At the end of the day it was about William and Catherine. The whole show they flashed photos of her 1986 wedding and balcony kiss...she also kept saying how she used to be the one the press dubbed "breath of fresh air". She just seemed so childlike, almost jealous of the new bride's attention.

Last edited:

Actually, I read a few months ago that Sarah has a publishing deal for a book to accompany the "Finding Sarah" documentary, so I think you're right.

I have watched most of the interview now, and the whole interview and the clips from "Finding Sarah" felt like watching a train wreck for me. Sarah just has this air of desperation and helplessness to her right now - she talks and talks, but seems to be talking in circles because she has no clue where she's headed in life. She's learned all kinds of therapy lingo about needing to "find herself" and "love herself" and "be authentic", but none of it seems to really help her. Then Dr. Phil gets tough with her and tries to make her face reality (I actually appreciated his approach) and she completely won't listen to him but returns to the same mantra of "I feel unlovable, I crave approval."

Watching Sarah ask Suze Orman, "How do you get self-worth?" was just sad. She's seeking, but doesn't seem to know what she's seeking - and no one who tries to help her has the answers.

In some way I feel like Sarah is making a plea for help...she wants someone just to take pity on her and solve all her problems. When she laughed off the suggestion of remarrying Andrew, I thought she "doth protest too much." I think she would like nothing more than to be back in the royal fold, with all her worries taken care of.

It's funny...I was thinking back to Edward and Sophie's wedding in 1999. Sarah also wasn't invited, but I remember watching the wedding and wedding coverage and Sarah didn't create drama around the event - and I also remember Andrew being Edward's supporter and actually looking quite happy. With William and Kate's wedding, it seems like Sarah just turned it into a overblown cry for attention. She fled to the jungles of Thailand? There was no telephone or internet connection so she phoned someone who could hold the phone up to the TV (why didn't she just stay in England where she had a TV)? She was on the phone being consoled by Andrew all morning...and then she persuaded him to, or he decided to (I don't know) put a picture of her in his pocket so she would be there in spirit? And then Andrew sits at the wedding and looks miserable. The whole situation seems to have spiralled out of control...it's like Sarah doesn't care about taking the high road any more and is just begging for attention. And I think she has drawn Andrew and her daughters right into it.

And, IMO, more odious the fact that Kate's brother recited from the pulpit while having nude photos of himself circulating on the 'net as they said "I Do."

I don't know what this is doing here in this thread but fact is someone can be nude sometimes and still read the bible. James surely didn't circulate these pics and as he is in them, he didn't take them as well. So why should he not be a believer in the content of the bible and thus in Jesus Christ? (who surely took a naked bath occasionally as well.. alas, cameras were not yet invented...:D)

This is the closest she can get to getting remarried to Andrew. Which is the outcome Oprah must dream of - Finding Sarah in the end at the steps of the throne again...

I'm not sure if Sarah isn't lying again (she lied eg to the reporter about her divorce settlement) and tries to show the "end of the story" in much more colourful lights than it really is. Of course Oprah had hoped that Sarah would be invited, so they had wedding coverage from her that they could show along with old filmings of her own wedding. Then they could have let the series open ended with a last pic of Andrew, Sarah and their girls...

Well, that wasn't to be. I wouldn't wonder if Oprah sent Sarah to her "jungle embraces" and this will be the finishing scenes now on "Finding Sarah". The filming has ended so this interview is not only a look forward, but a kind of resume as well. We'll see.

I wondered, too, if it was even true that Andrew had said that. If so, something is amiss in their relationship. I can see him saying that as a way to placate her in the moment of the phone call.

Interesting point that Oprah wanted to capitalize on Sarah perhaps being invited to the wedding and all that would entail.

I was a bit surprised that Sarah actually said how hurt she was about not being invited. I thought her answer would be that she didn't expect to be invited (given her history with the RF).

I can not stand Oprah, and Dr. Phil is even worse!!! A couple of self-absorbed, self-righteous leeches who take themselves WAY TOO seriously. It's too bad Sarah allows herself to be exploited by these two phonies. I suppose there aren't alot of media outlets clammoring for her to guest on their shows, so maybe this is the best she can get. I don't know. She'd be far wiser, however, to keep her distance. Neither are doing her any favors. I wish she would retreat to the countryside where she could write or paint and lead a relatively low-key lifestyle. Unfortunately, I don't think a low-key lifestyle is what she's looking for, and that's too bad.

It really reaffirms my belief that once "Finding Sarah" is over, its done for Sarah as far as being "in the public eye". The general consensus is going to be "poor little ol' me Sarah" and if Sarah does want to really represent something, say ACME Inc, is that the image they want? The new improved mature Sarah is not what the "reality" shows paid for.. they wanted the sob stories and "how I lost it all". ACME Inc will see her as unstable.

Dr. Phil stated she was an addict to approval. To really get past that, she'd have to look back I think on these shows she'd done and realize she did them and denigrated herself yet again to win people over. And... if she can't break the addiction, to get the "fix"... what does she do? More "goofs" and something to draw sympathy?

Its sad but watching this interview I got the "lightbulb" that going on Oprah was a quick fix.

Where does Sarah live now in US or UK?

Where ever she lives it is not far enough away from a television camera or a reporter.....................but actually I think she is at Royal Lodge with Andrew and the princesses.

It really reaffirms my belief that once "Finding Sarah" is over, its done for Sarah as far as being "in the public eye". The general consensus is going to be "poor little ol' me Sarah" and if Sarah does want to really represent something, say ACME Inc, is that the image they want? The new improved mature Sarah is not what the "reality" shows paid for.. they wanted the sob stories and "how I lost it all". ACME Inc will see her as unstable.

Dr. Phil stated she was an addict to approval. To really get past that, she'd have to look back I think on these shows she'd done and realize she did them and denigrated herself yet again to win people over. And... if she can't break the addiction, to get the "fix"... what does she do? More "goofs" and something to draw sympathy?

Its sad but watching this interview I got the "lightbulb" that going on Oprah was a quick fix.

After "Finding Sarah, From Royalty to Reality`, there is still Celebrity Rehab, The Biggest Loser, Survivor, Amazing Race, Housewives of LA, and a host of other reality shows in America that she can bounce around on. Sarah will never be too far away from a TV camera if she has any say in the matter.

The general consensus is going to be "poor little ol' me Sarah" and if Sarah does want to really represent something, say ACME Inc, is that the image they want? The new improved mature Sarah is not what the "reality" shows paid for.. they wanted the sob stories and "how I lost it all". ACME Inc will see her as unstable.
I'm sorry, but I believe that ACME Corporation already has a spokesperson in Wile E. Coyote.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q...F717F3&first=0&qpvt=wil+e.+coyote&FORM=IDFRIR

Last edited:

It's funny...I was thinking back to Edward and Sophie's wedding in 1999. Sarah also wasn't invited, but I remember watching the wedding and wedding coverage and Sarah didn't create drama around the event - and I also remember Andrew being Edward's supporter and actually looking quite happy.

I had forgotten this!

She fled to the jungles of Thailand? There was no telephone or internet connection so she phoned someone who could hold the phone up to the TV (why didn't she just stay in England where she had a TV)? She was on the phone being consoled by Andrew all morning...and then she persuaded him to, or he decided to (I don't know) put a picture of her in his pocket so she would be there in spirit? And then Andrew sits at the wedding and looks miserable. ....

So - if she was in Thailand with no telephone or internet connection, how did she phone a friend? How did she phone Andrew?

Quite honestly, I think she's making up an awful lot of this from whole cloth just to make herself look more pitiable. Andrew said they had such a marvy wedding, Andy had a picture in his pocket....really? Nice concoction of a story. I think Andrew looked miserable because she called and whined and cried, and it drained the day of any happiness he might have felt. A selfish thing in all parts.

I really hope that Sarah doesn't strangle the futures of her daughters in the same way that she's strangled her own and smothered so much of Andrew's. I rather like those girls and hope they find their own way.

NotAPretender said:
So - if she was in Thailand with no telephone or internet connection, how did she phone a friend? How did she phone Andrew?

Good question!

rmay286 said:
I was thinking back to Edward and Sophie's wedding in 1999. Sarah also wasn't invited, but I remember watching the wedding and wedding coverage and Sarah didn't create drama around the event -

Ah because in 1999 she didn't need a ''hook'' to sell her poor me act on television and in books ....She couldn't use the Wessex's wedding for attention like the Cambridge's wedding garnished attention ;)

Last edited:
I thought it was mostly just sad. It illustrated just how divorced from reality some people - royals and ex-royals in particular. Totally agree that the segment with Suze showed some real holes in Sarah's reality system - again, just very sad. No sense of self.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom