Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 16: January-May 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if this is where Oprah is getting footage of Sarah with Andrew and the girls.

Andrew looks like he's a few camera flashes away from punching the photographers in the face...:ermm:

It looks as if Sarah didn't learn from her disaster last summer. There has been no confirmation that she has been invited to William's wedding. As I've said in other threads there has only been two guests officially confirmed so far.
Sarah may be using money she's received from the Oprah project. Andrew doesn't have cause to look angry if he's taken his ex-wife out in public to ski, he can expect the paparazzi to be there.

That's likely true. The surprising thing is that she doesn't know how to handle money. Didn't anyone ever tell her not to flash money around? Even leaving alone the face that she made and her tacky behaviour with the money, it's not safe to show money in public. If the photographer got a picture of her with the handful of cash, a mugger might have seen her as well. Not smart.:bang:

Sarah may be using money she's received from the Oprah project.

That's likely true. The surprising thing is that she doesn't know how to handle money. Didn't anyone ever tell her not to flash money around? Even leaving alone the face that she made and her tacky behaviour with the money, it's not safe to show money in public. If the photographer got a picture of her with the handful of cash, a mugger might have seen her as well. Not smart.:bang:
Very true though no matter what mistakes Sarah has made I would never wish for her to be penniless I'd rather see her get her life back on track even if she still has minor blips along the way.

I do think it's a shame that Sarah seems to face such constant criticism for the slightest little thing. She wasn't "flashing money around", she was inside a shop and happened to be snapped by some predatory papparazzo, and all of a sudden her name is mud again.

We really don't know the facts here. Maybe none of the purchases were actually hers. And if they were - well, she has plenty of rich friends and if they want to lend / give her a bit of cash, then why not? They obviously enjoy her company and have a lot a time for her. It's hardly our business whether or not she goes on holiday, or how often. I'm sure a lot of her trips are for free, so the creditors don't really come into it.

A lot of people seem to want to see her destitute and penniless. Sarah may have made mistakes, but she's done a lot of good in the world as well. And whilst she may no longer be royal, she is the mother of two Princesses, and in my view should be entitled to a certain standard of lifestyle, in keeping with her position. Please just give her a break!

Last edited:
A lot of people seem to want to see her destitute and penniless. Sarah may have made mistakes, but she's done a lot of good in the world as well. And whilst she may no longer be royal, she is the mother of two Princesses, and in my view should be entitled to a certain standard of lifestyle, in keeping with her position. Please just give her a break!

It's not about wanting to see her destitute it's about people being tired of her living a life that she clearly can't sustain on her own.

She's a child who lives in a fantasy world where she actually is entitled to such a life and to make matters worst no one will tell her otherwise.

Being the mother of princesses is not grounds to live the high life.
She's never learned to stand on her own two feet. Yes she pulled herself out of debt the first time but that was on the back of her style of "Duchess of York. Then she got herself deeper than ever and people reported that she didn't slow down her extravagant lifestyle and rather trying to get herself out legitimately we saw what happened last spring and than she was bailed out by Andrew.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed. It was her flashing the money that surprised me, not her having it.:flowers:

Very true though no matter what mistakes Sarah has made I would never wish for her to be penniless I'd rather see her get her life back on track even if she still has minor blips along the way.

She held the money upright, like it was a paper fan. Most women take money out of their wallets, count it out discretely, and give it to the cashier or lay it on the counter near the cashier. They don't make a display of it. I have absolutely no problem with Sarah purchasing items, but for someone to show his or her cash in such a public way is dangerous. I'd say the same thing to a young person or an adult: don't display your money when there are strangers around.

...she may no longer be royal, she is the mother of two Princesses, and in my view should be entitled ...

And therein lies the tale. Sarah continues to feel a sense of entitlement in line with being royal; she's not royal, no "may" about it. She is entitled to nothing more than any of the rest of the world. She's had tremendous opportunities that the rest of the world has not, to earn millions by exploiting her former position - and she has, she has. But her overweening sense of entitlement leads her again and again to the same place.

It's really, really a shame. Because this is a person who came into a spotlight which she enjoyed and to a public which, for a long time (including me) thought she was really a great breath of air. I loved how she punctured Andrew's stuffiness from time to time. I thought they were well matched.

In my opinion, she stopped developing emotionally right around the time of her first year of marriage. Like that first hit of a very powerful drug, Sarah was immersed in her love for her husband, the heady thrill of being a royal and all the perks that were now at her command, and the waves of adulation that came roaring from the general public and press. And who wouldn't have loved that? Wow, I know I would have. The problem is that, it was a honeymoon in all aspects, and then there's real life. She's not succeeded at real life, because she's still "chasing the dragon" of that first year high.

Her sense of entitlement will never leave her, and until it does, she's doomed to repeat. She's too damned old to be this willfully ignorant. What is attractive and forgivable in your twenties looks foolish in your fifties.

I'm beginning to think that whatever Sarah does, right or wrong, people are going to be howling. I say let's give her a break.
:flowers:

I'm beginning to think that whatever Sarah does, right or wrong, people are going to be howling. I say let's give her a break.

Refusing to do commentary for the wedding was seen as the right step. Keeping a low profile, that was seen as a right step. The issue is that she stumbles much more often than she would obviously want and when you're that disliked already the oft repeated saying pops back up about her, she should know better.

Sarah's had enough breaks given to her to last everyone on this forum several lifetimes.

I totally agree. I just think some tabloid newspapers are determined to portray Sarah in a bad light at every opportunity, and this, for me, is a perfect example of it, in which a whole character assassination is extrapolated from one picture.

I’d just like her to be able to go about her life in peace. It’s hard to rebuild and move on, if the media doesn’t give you the space in which to do so.

Sarah has never been expert at handling the media, but even she is savvy enough to realize that she doesn't exist without it. So the very idea of the media leaving her alone isn't the in realm of possibility. Emotionally and financially, she must dance into their lights.

There's just one problem w/all of that up there.

The last time I looked, Sarah is a grown up in her 50's. It's actually past time for her to start acting like a grown up though, and I don't care that she's a former Royal. She's a "Known Person" who should know by now her every move will be watched and should be acting accordingly.

There's just no excuses anymore for her and that saddens me, as I do think she's a very likable person. However, there's a big difference between being likable and being likable, mature and responisble for one's actions. I am seriously starting to wonder if Sarah will ever end up being all three. :(

There's just one problem w/all of that up there...
You know, this is very wise of you. There is much that is likable about Sarah. I think that's why - and I speak for myself here - there is frustration that she keeps putting herself in these untenable situations. She knows better, we "know" that she knows better...yet she opts again and again for a path that is her own downfall.

You know, this is very wise of you. There is much that is likable about Sarah. I think that's why - and I speak for myself here - there is frustration that she keeps putting herself in these untenable situations. She knows better, we "know" that she knows better...yet she opts again and again for a path that is her own downfall.

I'd like to second your thoughts here NAP, and if we get frustrated can you imagine how hard it must be for those who love her to watch her in self destruct mode.
I really enjoyed reading your previous post as well (No 160).
Up until now NAP while agreeing with your sentiments in general I did at times think they were extreme, but your previous post was very well expressed and balanced and I see where your coming from.
I loved how you mentioned she punctured Andrew's stuffiness, I thought I was the only one who noticed that.

I must agree. I was a big fan of Sarah's and even though I've never met her, I tend to believe she has a big heart and can be a lot of fun. Sarah just doesn't have common sense and she doesn't listen to advice. I've read, and I don't know if the info is true, when she was married to Andrew, the courtiers at BP tried to advise her in her new role as Duchess of York, but she didn't listen and did what she wanted. Sarah followed what Sarah wanted and it didn't go well for her. In all fairness Diana did exactly the same as Sarah, she didn't listen and follow the courtier's advice either.

so she doesnt know who, or when, or where it happened, she just knows it happened. is this a prelude to her next scandel. when somethign surfaces she can say...see, i told you my phone was hacked.

dont berate me, i love sarah to death, but her drama does seem to get old.

Seeing as many people are saying the same thing, particularly with regard to the News of the World, the scandal is more about the hacking and the paper rather than anything anyone might have said - in what should be a private conversation. Why am I saying News of the World? She is the latest high-profile figure to go public with concerns that journalists or representatives of the News of the World may have breached her privacy.

Any thing reported in that paper will be tainted for some time with regard to prominent people.

She is simply saying that, like up to 30,000 other people in Britain at the moment, she fears her phone might have been hacked - based on what or when we don't know. But the police are investigating the hacking scandal associated with the paper, who should have learnt their lesson when their royal editor and a private investigator employed by that paper were goaled for phone hacking but they didn't and now they are being investigated again.

Given the NOTW's reputation I would believe that they do hack into the phones of public people to find 'scandals' to make public.

I must agree. I was a big fan of Sarah's and even though I've never met her, I tend to believe she has a big heart and can be a lot of fun. Sarah just doesn't have common sense and she doesn't listen to advice. I've read, and I don't know if the info is true, when she was married to Andrew, the courtiers at BP tried to advise her in her new role as Duchess of York, but she didn't listen and did what she wanted. Sarah followed what Sarah wanted and it didn't go well for her. In all fairness Diana did exactly the same as Sarah, she didn't listen and follow the courtier's advice either.

Such a well-balanced, nice post.:) You must know that all of our gurls at BP and KP never listened much to the courtiers.:lol: It was like a pact. I know, sometimes it would have been better to listen.:sad:;)

Sarah, Duchess of York and Princess Beatrice walking arm in arm together, as
they leave The Berkeley Hotel, having had dinner there earlier in the evening,
London, February 15, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga/wenn **

Oh well, they were not the only Windsor women to have been at the Berkeley recently!

Love Sarah's scarf --- I want it! She looks very pretty in these photos: tired but pretty.

Love Sarah's scarf --- I want it! She looks very pretty in these photos: tired but pretty.

Totally agree - I think the dark clothes and colourful scarf combo suits her wonderfully. Very pretty indeed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom