Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 16: January-May 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In every account of the divorce I have read, it's that SARAH pushed for both the separation and the divorce. HM the Queen is said to have wept and urged her to reconsider...but she would not.

I think she was in the middle of her affair with that Steve Wyatt guy and she thought she was going to have both her freedom and access to all the Wyatt $$$$..but it all blew up in her face in spectacular fashion.:ermm:

So she ended up with no Andrew, no home, and none of the security and protection the Royal house could have afforded her.

For her to moan and complain about how things worked out...even allegedly under hypnosis...is just really beyond irritating.

Here Here! Well put.

Sarah, Duchess of York attended amfAR's Cinema Against AIDS Gala during the 64th
Annual Cannes Film Festival at Hotel Du Cap on May 19, 2011 in Antibes, France.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Sarah needs so much validation it must be exhausting to be around her.

Bests mothers don't have to announce it...everyone knows their actions..they don't talk about dressing their children, who are young ladies by the way and can dress themselves...they don't talk about themselves...they talk about their children and their children's accomplishments.

Sarah needs to exit stage left and call it a day.

I don't doubt for a moment that Sarah loves her daughters very much, as for her being a great mum... not so sure about that.
I believe being a good mum envolves not only educating and loving your children but also setting a good example, which Sarah hasn't been doing.

Agreed, I have never doubted that Sarah doesn't love her daughters.

But a good mother would recognize that some of her actions have a direct impact on how her daughters are viewed. It certainly isn't fair to them.

iceflower said:

Sarah, Duchess of York attended amfAR's Cinema Against AIDS Gala during the 64th
Annual Cannes Film Festival at Hotel Du Cap on May 19, 2011 in Antibes, France.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

omg. Now I feel that the color is beautiful but the dress does not work for her figure at all. A plunging neckline with no support. The last dress I talked about was the complete opposite for me.

Zonk said:
Sarah needs so much validation it must be exhausting to be around her.

Bests mothers don't have to announce it...everyone knows their actions..they don't talk about dressing their children, who are young ladies by the way and can dress themselves...they don't talk about themselves...they talk about their children and their children's accomplishments.

Sarah needs to exit stage left and call it a day.

How dare you Zonk? Sarah spent all that time in Thailand being embraced by the jungle and it's furry inhabitants to let others focus on Will and Kate's day because sadly she could not be embraced by satellite tv and wild mushrooms simultaneously. She humbly let a friend hold up a phone to the telly (said friend's arm was later embraced by icy hot which sarah was kind enough to suggest she buy at boots) so she could take a small part in the moment and self-actualize privately on Oprah and her new show about being ashamed about where her choices had taken her and looks for cash...I mean catharsis through understanding her banishment from the royal family she divorced umpteen years ago.

HOW COULD YOU BE SO COLD?

I don't know why but I have a soft spot for her. But agree she needs to step aside. To be able to learn and move on you must stop moaning about the past.
No wonder Prince Andrew Looked so sad during William and Catherine's wedding. After the Oprah interview and finding out they had talk to each other before the ceremony, it felt like you could see in his face that he was reliving his own day.

How dare you Zonk? Sarah spent all that time in Thailand being embraced by the jungle and it's furry inhabitants to let others focus on Will and Kate's day because sadly she could not be embraced by satellite tv and wild mushrooms simultaneously. She humbly let a friend hold up a phone to the telly (said friend's arm was later embraced by icy hot which sarah was kind enough to suggest she buy at boots) so she could take a small part in the moment and self-actualize privately on Oprah and her new show about being ashamed about where her choices had taken her and looks for cash...I mean catharsis through understanding her banishment from the royal family she divorced umpteen years ago.

HOW COULD YOU BE SO COLD?

How dare I what? Have an opinion and express it? Isn't that the point of a discussion board? I honestly, don't know if you are being serious.

You are somewhat new to TRF so you don't know that I have followed Sarah since her wedding, and pretty much have excused every thing she has done in the past (as a couple of TRFers can attest). My train of thought was who was I to hold a grudge, if Andrew, the person she promised to love, honor, cherish and obey has forgiven her for her misdeeds. Who knows what really went on in their marriage? They've managed to remain friends and raise two great young ladies.

And make no mistake, I still like Sarah but recent events has caused me to look at her with a new eye. There is no doubt that some things that have happened to Sarah is beyond her control (the global economic crisis which most likely impacted her portfolio) but there are other that she very much can control or get a better handle on. And I am sorry, consistently talking about not being invited to William's wedding when 1) you weren't invited to other royal weddings before this (I am talking about Edwards, Charles, the Gloucester daughters, and Peter) and 2) you haven't had a relationship (like not spoken to) William since his mother died is not cool. Why give the press something to write about. Its time to stop.

She needs to stop talking about Andrew being her best friend, and start acting like a best friend to Andrew. Stop popping up in the papers so everyone can relive this Cash for Access scandal, which brings attention to Andrew's Job and whether or not he should keep it. Stop talking about what a great mother you are and be a great mother.

I realize she needs to make a living and she can't go quietly into the night, so she should definitely continue her charity work, nor I am not going to begrude her making a living via speeches (talk about overcoming obstacles and/or weight) or a television show (showing people overcoming obstcles) but she needs to stop being Sarah the Victim and start being Sarah the Survivor.

Last edited:
It seems that Sarah has been told by "someone" that if she repeats something often enough she will believe it herself, and it will be true. I agree that her actions ARE impacting how others view her daughters and it's too bad she doesn't have a clue about that.

Zonk said:
How dare I what? Have an opinion and express it? Isn't that the point of a discussion board? I honestly, don't know if you are being serious.

You are somewhat new to TRF so you don't know that I have followed Sarah since her wedding, and pretty much have excused every thing she has done in the past (as a couple of TRFers can attest). My train of thought was who was I to hold a grudge, if Andrew, the person she promised to love, honor, cherish and obey has forgiven her for her misdeeds. Who knows what really went on in their marriage? They've managed to remain friends and raise two great young ladies.

And make no mistake, I still like Sarah but recent events has caused me to look at her with a new eye. There is no doubt that some things that have happened to Sarah is beyond her control (the global economic crisis which most likely impacted her portfolio) but there are other that she very much can control or get a better handle on. And I am sorry, consistently talking about not being invited to William's wedding when 1) you weren't invited to other royal weddings before this (I am talking about Edwards, Charles, the Gloucester daughters, and Peter) and 2) you haven't had a relationship (like not spoken to) William since his mother died is not cool. Why give the press something to write about. Its time to stop.

She needs to stop talking about Andrew being her best friend, and start acting like a best friend to Andrew. Stop popping up in the papers so everyone can relive this Cash for Access scandal, which brings attention to Andrew's Job and whether or not he should keep it. Stop talking about what a great mother you are and be a great mother.

I realize she needs to make a living and she can't go quietly into the night, so she should definitely continue her charity work, nor I am not going to begrude her making a living via speeches (talk about overcoming obstacles and/or weight) or a television show (showing people overcoming obstcles) but she needs to stop being Sarah the Victim and start being Sarah the Survivor.

I must be horrible at sarcasm if you didn't get that I was attempting to be funny. Sorry if you didn't get that. Just reread it again...

I must be horrible at sarcasm if you didn't get that I was attempting to be funny. Sorry if you didn't get that. Just reread it again...

Okay. We are good.

I wasn't sure thats why I asked if you were being serious. Some of the stuff in you earlier post was like WHAT?!:flowers: Is she for real with the hand in the jungle holding the phone to the telly:lol:

Seriously...I would like Sarah to get it together. She and Andrew were/are my favorite British Royal Couple...and I just feel like SHE is HER worst enemy. And its never going to happen if she doesn't stop to think before she acts.

All good then.

And ITA with what you said. Sarah tries too hard to give people what they want to hear. I doubt she is going to get her act together at any point in this life time. She is pushing 60 and is still a hot mess.

Yes, and I forgot to say My apologies for not getting your sarcasm.

Unforunately, I think you are right. Sarah doesn't seem to get it. Usually people change (or make changes to their behavior) when they experience life's challenges (i.e. her parent's death, her divorce, her financial situation, etc should have been enough. Like I said something things are beyond her control but she needs to stop seeking validation from others (other than her immeadiate family and friends). Make your living and stop flaming the flames as it relates to this bad press.

omg. Now I feel that the color is beautiful but the dress does not work for her figure at all. A plunging neckline with no support. The last dress I talked about was the complete opposite for me.
I liked the color! That is what I was referring to. That and Sarah's happy smile!

This is where the "smilies" to the right come in handy, Vita. It's easier for people to know that you're being sarcastic if you add a wink or a grin.:flowers:

I totally agree. Sarah is warm-hearted and fun, and she and Andrew were great together when they were on tour. I don't know what the answer is for her, but I know that things would be better for her family if she toned it down and got whatever genuine help she needs.:flowers:

Seriously...I would like Sarah to get it together...and I just feel like SHE is HER worst enemy. And its never going to happen if she doesn't stop to think before she acts.

I totally agree. Sarah is warm-hearted and fun, and she and Andrew were great together when they were on tour. I don't know what the answer is for her, but I know that things would be better for her family if she toned it down and got whatever genuine help she needs.:flowers:

Here's hoping she turns things around, and I think her best chance of doing that is by listening to and trusting only her immediate family and long time friends.
I'm too young to remember Sarah and Andrew on tour but from what I've read they made a favourable impression. What was it that people liked about them? Was it that they were informal and openly affectionate?
I've never found any footage on YouTube.

Mermaid1962 said:
This is where the "smilies" to the right come in handy, Vita. It's easier for people to know that you're being sarcastic if you add a wink or a grin.:flowers:

I know, but I am posting from the fabulous android app and I forgot to type out the darn html code. I love this app but I wish it included emoticons!

They were very affectionate on their first tour of Canada. In fact, there's a story about them "canoodling" in a gift shop. Have you ever seen that picture of Sarah jokingly pretending to strangle Andrew at an official banquet? She was in a fairy-princess pink ball dress and a tiara at the time. This was the occasion: http://www.gettyimages.ca/detail/52119030/Tim-Graham-Photo-Library She also gave a brief speech after Andrew did, which wasn't really protocol but was applauded at the time. They were seen as being in love and young and fresh then, in 1987, and their separation in 1992 came as a real shock. Out of the blue, really. Prince Andrew has kept up his connections with Canada, returning to take part in events having to do with the school he attended in Ontario. The first hit his reputation took on this side of the water was the Epstein connection. Before that, I can't remember him being seen at all as boorish or pompous.

Here's a page of pictures from the tour: http://www.gettyimages.ca/Search/Se...amily=Editorial&p=duchess+of+york+canada+1987

I'm too young to remember Sarah and Andrew on tour but from what I've read they made a favourable impression. What was it that people liked about them? Was it that they were informal and openly affectionate?

Last edited:
They were very affectionate on their first tour of Canada. In fact, there's a story about them "canoodling" in a gift shop. Have you ever seen that picture of Sarah jokingly pretending to strangle Andrew at an official banquet? She was in a fairy-princess pink ball dress and a tiara at the time. This was the occasion: Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected She also gave a brief speech after Andrew did, which wasn't really protocol but was applauded at the time. They were seen as being in love and young and fresh then, in 1987, and their separation in 1992 came as a real shock. Out of the blue, really. Prince Andrew has kept up his connections with Canada, returning to take part in events having to do with the school he attended in Ontario. The first hit his reputation took on this side of the water was the Epstein connection. Before that, I can't remember him being seen at all as boorish or pompous.

Here's a page of pictures from the tour: Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

Thank you very much Mermaid for posting these links. I hadn't seen those photos, and they are really wonderful. They look like they are really enjoying Canada and the welcome they are getting from everybody.
If these photos are anything to go by I think there might have been some truth in those "canoodling" stories.
Thanks again Mermaid, you are very kind, and I'm sorry Zonk I know we are not keeping things very current.

I feel the same way - I used to defend Sarah, but I can't really now. I still like her, but I don't like the direction she is going. My opinion of her changed after the cash for access scandal and the way she has reacted to it. She's offered excuses, blamed psychological problems, and got publicity from it it, but she has never really admitted that she needs to change her behaviour. It's like she is looking for someone to fix her problems. I think Sarah has problems bigger than psychologists can fix...but she needs to start out by taking responsibility for her own actions. She isn't a little girl (at all) but she seems to want to think of herself as one.

On another note - so Sarah has a Twitter! This means trouble, I think. Sarah is not known for watching her tongue (or keyboard in this case, I suppose...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom