Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 16: January-May 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very useful and informative post, Not a Pretender. I can't recall now if they said how many episodes Sarah was doing (I believe it was a small number).

So if I were to guess, I'd say $10K per show for Sarah Ferguson, with the upside for her being the exposure and hopefully the impression to potential investors in Brand Sarah that she's turned herself around in a meaningful way.

Do you mean 10.000 Dollars per Show? "k" = kilo = 1000?
i don't think this is enough. After all she brought access to her daughters, the Royal princesses into the package plus the Royal wedding(her publicity for the series in connection with the Royal Wedding. I doubt she would start at such a meagre amount, no matter what financial woes she has (had).

Duchess of York hypnotised for new reality show - Telegraph

Sarah Ferguson, the Duchess of York, has been hypnotised by a psychiatrist as part of an American reality show.

The Duke of York’s ex-wife is seen telling the therapist that she regrets divorcing him - and says that he also regrets the decision.

Last edited:

Sarah Ferguson, the Duchess of York, has been hypnotised by a psychiatrist as part of an American reality show.

The Duke of York’s ex-wife is seen telling the therapist that she regrets divorcing him - and says that he also regrets the decision.

This women will sink to anything - has she no self esteem or feeling for her children. She honestly is a runaway train, I don't know why I am even bothering writing about her

I just read about the hypnosis. She did this ON television?! I can't help but wonder what Andrew thinks about her telling how *he* feels and repeating what he supposedly said on American tv.

How were the scones? What a coinky dink, Russo just whipped up a batch from Ina Garten's recipe, the Barefoot Contessa--how apropos. ..:D

They were hard and dry. Hockey pucks would have been a preferable swap.

Snookie and co. get 100K for just being idiots? Well no wonder everybody wants their own reality show.

I know, isn't that awful? I think I'm going to go pour self-tanner on my face and likker down my throat. I want in on that action.

Do you mean 10.000 Dollars per Show? "k" = kilo = 1000?
i don't think this is enough. After all she brought access to her daughters, the Royal princesses into the package plus the Royal wedding(her publicity for the series in connection with the Royal Wedding. I doubt she would start at such a meagre amount, no matter what financial woes she has (had).

K in the US = "thousands of dollars." So $10K = $10,000. Sorry for the finance shorthand, Kataryn.

Remember that Oprah's network is very low-budget, and the audience is limited. How much Oprah can pay is limited by how much advertising she can sell, and this is a start-up venture, not an established network. The figure of $10K is for an established franchise on a network with much higher viewship levels. Cable networks are very slim on payments, and essentially Sarah is getting a free commercial. $10K would be the top of the pay scale for Sarah - frankly, she's just not that much of a draw, appealing to a very narrow demographic. I'm not kidding when I said that I had to explain to a group of very well educated young people who she was, and I think they only listened because it's performance review time at work! :ROFLMAO: In essence - Sarah is a limited-draw hobby, trying to expand her appeal. And she's up against a wide field of has-beens trying to grab another sliver of spotlight: the likes of Gary Busey, Danny Bonaduce, and a plethora of 1980's television series stars in some stage of personal or professional rehab, and all on one cable show or another. It's a crowded field.

Sarah, Duchess of York, leaving the Caudwell Childrens Butterfly Ball at the Banqueting House on May 13, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gallery **

Sigh. Again. I'm very skeptical of Sarah attributing any feelings or words to Andrew. It's too self-serving and frankly I don't believe she has the mental acumen to accurately convey exactly what Andrew says or feels. I truly believe that she hears what she wants to hear and filters out anything that doesn't fit what she imagines the words to be.

I just read about the hypnosis. She did this ON television?! I can't help but wonder what Andrew thinks about her telling how *he* feels and repeating what he supposedly said on American tv.

A lot my comments get deleted because I am just too honest I quess. However the things that Sarah says Andrew tells her seems "suspect" at the very least to me. Furthermore if he has said those things to her in private seems she does not respect him enough to keep those things between them and not broadcast it. I don't feel sorry for Sarah she has cornered the market on playing the victim. When the truth of the matter Andrew & her daughters are the victims of Sarah's pity party. But my mother always taught us people can only do to you what you allow them to. It's a shame that it seems that he will accept anything she does or says no matter how it makes him look.

Well here's Dr. Phil with Madea. I don't think he got anywhere so I'm feeling for Sarah right now. . . :whistling:

YouTube - Anger Management

Gotta Love Madea!! I went to see this movie the weekend it opened and this was one of scenes that had the audience me included cracking up. Funny thing is when the movie ended my husband & I were walking back to the car and there another couple that we didn't know walking ahead of us. The wife said " That Dr. Phil is a joke". I forgot that until I saw the clip.:ROFLMAO:

I do wonder how accurate Sarah is when she reports what Andrew supposedly said. Although not on par with any of the various telephone scandals of other members of the royal family in the past, how is it that Sarah continues to go all over the world telling people what Andrew "says"?

I do wonder how accurate Sarah is when she reports what Andrew supposedly said. Although not on par with any of the various telephone scandals of other members of the royal family in the past, how is it that Sarah continues to go all over the world telling people what Andrew "says"?

You said it far better than I could have, Dymphna (love the name, btw!) Making the very large and probably false assumption that she is accurately relating Andrew's words/feelings/emotions/outlook, it's tremendously disrespectful to him - to anyone - to repeat a private conversation.

Exactly. She has no discretion--but then, we know that, and probably so does Andrew!

Sarah's biggest liability(besides her complete lack of judgement and discretion) is her big mouth.

I have said it before, but it bears repeating...she really needs to SHUT UP.:bang:

She is becoming a freak show.

Sarah's biggest liability(besides her complete lack of judgement and discretion) is her big mouth.

I have said it before, but it bears repeating...she really needs to SHUT UP.:bang:

She is becoming a freak show.

Well said!!

NotAPretender said:
I would consider Sarah's show to be on par with the "Real Housewives" series(es) in the US. The Real Housewives of NY get paid $10,000 per episode, a payraise from their first season of $3,333 per episode. The real payoff for anyone on one of these "reality" series is exposure, to introduce them or expand their visibility. In other words, it's to market oneself to a wider audience and hopefully parlay that exposure into bigger and better things.

Sarah's a bit of an anomaly in that regard: she's been well known for a long period of time but that has been fading. (By way of reference, I work in an international finance firm, and my team consists of twenty-somethings who report up through several levels to me. We talked about the Royal wedding because at our Friday meeting on that day, I asked that scones be substituted for bagels to "celebrate." I had to actually sit down and explain to the under-30 set exactly who Sarah was; most had her confused with Camilla or, honestly, thought she was dead. Mind you, we hire the absolute cream of the crop each year from top schools, so these are not under-the-rock specimens.) So - Sarah might have been able to command the top end of the reality show pay scale per episode - let's say $10K per - rather than the low end of the scale.

The core cast of the Jersey Shore got popped up from $30K to $100K for the new season, but the ratings on that show are many multiples of Oprah's show. Any of Oprah's shows.

So if I were to guess, I'd say $10K per show for Sarah Ferguson, with the upside for her being the exposure and hopefully the impression to potential investors in Brand Sarah that she's turned herself around in a meaningful way.

I was thinking along the lines of 15-20k because there are ALOT of baby boomers left! She would still resonate with them and royalty even in the us has been well documented in their lifetime.

That's where I came up with the six figures.

Last edited:
I would consider Sarah's show to be on par with the "Real Housewives" series(es) in the US. The Real Housewives of NY get paid $10,000 per episode, a payraise from their first season of $3,333 per episode. The real payoff for anyone on one of these "reality" series is exposure, to introduce them or expand their visibility. In other words, it's to market oneself to a wider audience and hopefully parlay that exposure into bigger and better things.

Sarah's a bit of an anomaly in that regard: she's been well known for a long period of time but that has been fading. (By way of reference, I work in an international finance firm, and my team consists of twenty-somethings who report up through several levels to me. We talked about the Royal wedding because at our Friday meeting on that day, I asked that scones be substituted for bagels to "celebrate." I had to actually sit down and explain to the under-30 set exactly who Sarah was; most had her confused with Camilla or, honestly, thought she was dead. Mind you, we hire the absolute cream of the crop each year from top schools, so these are not under-the-rock specimens.) So - Sarah might have been able to command the top end of the reality show pay scale per episode - let's say $10K per - rather than the low end of the scale.

The core cast of the Jersey Shore got popped up from $30K to $100K for the new season, but the ratings on that show are many multiples of Oprah's show. Any of Oprah's shows.

I still doubt she's getting six figures. If the show becomes a "hit" that will undoubtedly open up her negotiating rights. This sort of thing and a show like Desperate Housewives are very different and the actresses on that show are well-known and proven. Sarah is not an actress that has had previous success in television/movies. She is a public figure/celebrity. The cast from Jersey Shore only got an increase in their salaries after the show was deemed succesful. Not when it was just starting out. The category of Sarah's show will also play a role in her salary. If it's truy a documentary (as opposed to a reality show) she would get considerably less as most documentaries are on more limited budgets.

I still doubt she's getting six figures. If the show becomes a "hit" that will undoubtedly open up her negotiating rights. This sort of thing and a show like Desperate Housewives are very different and the actresses on that show are well-known and proven. Sarah is not an actress that has had previous success in television/movies. She is a public figure/celebrity. The cast from Jersey Shore only got an increase in their salaries after the show was deemed succesful. Not when it was just starting out. The category of Sarah's show will also play a role in her salary. If it's truy a documentary (as opposed to a reality show) she would get considerably less as most documentaries are on more limited budgets.

Bella - I think you are confusing the cast of "Desperate Housewives" which is a series which airs on ABC (a major broadcast network) with the "Real Housewives" reality shows franchise on Bravo (a minor cable network.) I am comparing Sarah's show - a "reality" show - with the Real Housewives. Here is a link to the original franchise of that series for your reference: The Real Housewives of Orange County - Season 6 - Bravo TV Official Site

If you see my later post, I make the point that Oprah's is a minor cable network with far less money. Oprah optioned 6 shows with the possibility of more. At the top end of the newbie range of $10K per show, times 6 shows, equals $60,000 - not in the six figures by any stretch. She's coming in with a higher profile than the ladies (and I use that term loosely) of the Real Housewives franchises. As those ladies became better known, their pay got popped up to $10K per episode. I don't see $10K per episode as being a particularly rich payday, I must admit. Figure that there is between 10 & 12 times as much footage shot as one sees on an edited final 1/2 hour or hour show.

So I think that Sarah's getting paid a max of $10K per show for six shows, with the possibility of more if she scores well in ratings. I'm sure she's hoping for life beyond this series, though. If this is the end of the line for her, it's a rather ignoble end, withering on a ratings-challenged third tier cable network.

Russophile said:
Think she's doing to to force Andrew's hand? That little niggling thought is in the back of Russo's mind. . ..(along with cobwebs and other assorted nasties. . . :D)

I am sure Freud would have loved to take a peek in there!

My thing is, did she really need to be hypnotised to know she made one of the most foolish mistakes in her life?

Prince Andrew must have given his blessing to the show on some level, because his daughters are on it.

Re: Sarah undergoing hypnosis for the show - she didn't say anything under hypnosis that she hasn't said countless times before (that she regrets divorcing Andrew). It seems like Sarah just lives more and more in the past, with her thoughts revolving around that long-ago wedding day. Prince Andrew has said he regrets his divorce, so I don't see why Sarah would be making something up. With Sarah talking about it more and more, he's probably thinking about it more, himself.

You know, the show is supposed to be about finding the authentic Sarah. I think we are getting to see the real Sarah - the one who used to consult psychics, mediums and probably hypnotists as well. I think she's been doing these things all along, but it was kept under wraps to protect her public image of a successful businesswoman and single mom. Now Sarah doesn't have an image to protect.

It's sad - Sarah "blew it" not once but twice. Things were going well for her in America for a while, but this documentary is just making her look like a mess. The harder it is for her to rebuild her career, the more she will tell everyone how much she regrets the past. The royal family has a problem on their hands, because Sarah is not going to go away.

Last edited:
Well yes, we all know she blew it, however, anyone think she's really smarter than we think she is? She's blown it now wants to get her own way and this is how she's going about it? Sort of passive/agressive forcing her way back into the BRF?

Prince Andrew must have given his blessing to the show on some level, because his daughters are on it.

I think you must be right. I guess this shouldn't surprise me, but it does. I guess Andrew really wanted her to get help.

Re: Sarah undergoing hypnosis for the show - she didn't say anything under hypnosis that she hasn't said countless times before (that she regrets divorcing Andrew). It seems like Sarah just lives more and more in the past, with her thoughts revolving around that long-ago wedding day. Prince Andrew has said he regrets his divorce, so I don't see why Sarah would be making something up. With Sarah talking about it more and more, he's probably thinking about it more, himself.

Very astute observation. She seems to be reaching back to the past to form her identity. What will she do when the girls are "out of the house"?[/COLOR]

It's sad - Sarah "blew it" not once but twice. Things were going well for her in America for a while, but this documentary is just making her look like a mess. The harder it is for her to rebuild her career, the more she will tell everyone how much she regrets the past. The royal family has a problem on their hands, because Sarah is not going to go away.

I think this is the crux of the situation. Sarah will probably continue to live with Andrew and probably still seek publicity, putting the RF and her specific story in the public eye over and over.

You know, the show is supposed to be about finding the authentic Sarah. I think we are getting to see the real Sarah - the one who used to consult psychics, mediums and probably hypnotists as well. I think she's been doing these things all along, but it was kept under wraps to protect her public image of a successful businesswoman and single mom. Now Sarah doesn't have an image to protect.

I truly hope that he allowed his daughters to make their own decision in terms of being on their mother's " Woe Is Me" reality show since they are both adults now. Hopefully he advised them of pitfalls of being apart something like this and they would have to deal what comes from it. Of what I have read where he says anything about regret over the divorce the stated that he felt he disappointed his parents in the failure of his marriage since it was the third divorce in a row for the RF. At some point the well runs dry. For Andrew's sake I hope it finally has.

Last edited:
Well yes, we all know she blew it, however, anyone think she's really smarter than we think she is? She's blown it now wants to get her own way and this is how she's going about it? Sort of passive/agressive forcing her way back into the BRF?

I get the sense that Sarah doesn't really know what she's doing right now - she's just looking for someone to come in and fix all her problems. For sure, she wants to be back in the royal family again, but I think she knows that's not possible at the same time - but like you, I get the sense that she might be hoping that if she complains loud enough, the royal family will take pity on her and let her back in. I'm sure the exact opposite is happening, though - they're probably thanking their lucky stars that she's not still in the family!

I do think, though, that Sarah's frustrations are going to take their toll on Andrew. If he really starts to get the sense that Charles is going to pare back the royal family, that he's not really wanted and that there won't be any role for his daughters in the future, I think eventually he might decide that he may as well go against his family and marry Sarah again just to make her happy.

I get the sense that Sarah doesn't really know what she's doing right now - she's just looking for someone to come in and fix all her problems. For sure, she wants to be back in the royal family again, but I think she knows that's not possible at the same time - but like you, I get the sense that she might be hoping that if she complains loud enough, the royal family will take pity on her and let her back in. I'm sure the exact opposite is happening, though - they're probably thanking their lucky stars that she's not still in the family!
BINGO! I think that's the nail getting hit on the head there. And this is one way of her to force that situation.

BINGO! I think that's the nail getting hit on the head there. And this is one way of her to force that situation.

Unfortunetly, with public opinion against her, she can whine all she wants, it won't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom