Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 16: January-May 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure she is wearing pearls. Pearls have luster, but in some of the photos, they are sparkling. Pearls don't sparkle.

Thanks for posting that video, rmay286!
After all the recent negativity about Sarah (on this forum as much as in the media at large), it’s really good that people are reminded of the wonderful charity work she does. She is really in her element here, and the passion that she has comes through so strongly in her voice during the interview.
(Of course, there’s no way this story will be reported in the Daily Mail or any other UK paper, since they’re only interested in “scandals”, debts and holidays....)

She is really in her element here, and the passion that she has comes through so strongly in her voice during the interview.
(Of course, there’s no way this story will be reported in the Daily Mail or any other UK paper, since they’re only interested in “scandals”, debts and holidays....)

Oh, very true--the Daily Mail only prints articles that fit with their chosen theme. Since it's hard to work scandals/debts/"swanning around on holidays" into this story, I am confident it will be completely ignored, and the rest of the UK will be none the wiser about Sarah's trip to Puerto Rico.

Sarah is a very good speaker and definitely has a good way with the people she tries to help. She can look absolutely fantastic at times as well.:flowers:

I definately agree with the three previous posts.
I just hope that Sarah has reached a turning point and can stay out of trouble, and furthermore I hope the media is a bit more objective and balanced towards her, of course some of her actions deserves nothing but criticism, but sometimes she deserves credit which she doesn't get.

I definately agree with the three previous posts.
I just hope that Sarah has reached a turning point and can stay out of trouble, and furthermore I hope the media is a bit more objective and balanced towards her, of course some of her actions deserves nothing but criticism, but sometimes she deserves credit which she doesn't get.

But that doesn't sell so therefore what is the point in reporting it.

I just read this article...who knows if it's true, but I thought, what an odd reason for an argument, after everything else they could have blamed each other for over the years! It seems that Andrew and Sarah both wanted to get Sarah's debts paid off as fast as possible, no matter who paid them off, so they're both to blame for this one.

I suppose that could be the problem, actually...

I just read this article...who knows if it's true, but I thought, what an odd reason for an argument, after everything else they could have blamed each other for over the years! It seems that Andrew and Sarah both wanted to get Sarah's debts paid off as fast as possible, no matter who paid them off, so they're both to blame for this one.

I suppose that could be the problem, actually...

Or it could be the DM having to come up with another anti-York story as that haven't had a go at any of them for about a week.

Well, how could Andrew be tense with Fergie if he was helping her pay off her debts? That issue aside, if the story is a bit true, it wouldn't be unusual that there is a bit of tension between Andrew and Fergie. The amount of tabloid publicity would cause tension in any household.

Well, how could Andrew be tense with Fergie if he was helping her pay off her debts? That issue aside, if the story is a bit true, it wouldn't be unusual that there is a bit of tension between Andrew and Fergie. The amount of tabloid publicity would cause tension in any household.

Exactly - the bad press would put a strain on any relationship and on the sanity of any person. There undying love for each other though is still strong and they are putting it all away for a short time at least to ensure that Eugenie has a great celebration for her 21st.

Usually the Queen hosts the 21sts for her descendents - at least she has for Peter, Zara, William and Harry and Beatrice's 18th but I don't remember her doing so for Eugenie's 18th and now again her 21st - is there something happening within the RF dynamic about which we aren't aware?

Whose party was it that had the extravagant costume gowns? Beatrice's? That party was thrown by her parents, I think. Strange that they'd say that Beatrice was in "the line of fire," considering that she lives at St. James' Palace.

Exactly - the bad press would put a strain on any relationship and on the sanity of any person. There undying love for each other though is still strong and they are putting it all away for a short time at least to ensure that Eugenie has a great celebration for her 21st.

Usually the Queen hosts the 21sts for her descendents - at least she has for Peter, Zara, William and Harry and Beatrice's 18th but I don't remember her doing so for Eugenie's 18th and now again her 21st - is there something happening within the RF dynamic about which we aren't aware?

Maybe Eugenie just doesn't want the fanfare and would rather have a smaller party at home.

As I was reading the Prince Andrew thread, I thought again about the rumours of tension between Andrew and Sarah. I wouldn't be surprised if the Daily Mail was just stirring up trouble again, but...

While we haven't heard much about Andrew in the news lately, I wouldn't be surprised if there have been talks behind the scenes about a new role for him. Royal advisors would probably prefer that Andrew quietly retires before he is forced to resign. For all we know, the palace or Andrew himself knows of more damaging stories that could come out. But I also think Prince Andrew will not give up his job without a fight. That trade ambassador job is very important to him; you can tell when he talks about it--it's given him a sense of purpose.

I would think that the prospect of losing that role would cause tension in Andrew's life--he could be upset with himself for jeopardizing his job, and be taking it out on his family or his advisors.

Yes, I think that he definitely has passion for this job. I've never got the sense--when seeing him interviewed--that he's doing it out of a sense of duty or because he has to be seen to be doing something.

But I also think Prince Andrew will not give up his job without a fight. That trade ambassador job is very important to him; you can tell when he talks about it--it's given him a sense of purpose.

Whose party was it that had the extravagant costume gowns? Beatrice's? That party was thrown by her parents, I think. Strange that they'd say that Beatrice was in "the line of fire," considering that she lives at St. James' Palace.

That was Beatrice's 18th.

As it was held at Windsor I thought it was given by the Queen, as she had done with the other grandchildren, even though she, Philip, Charles, Camilla, William and Harry weren't there - presumably because Sarah was. One of those events that she paid for but didnt' attend. A bit like not attending her eldest son's second marriage - although the reasons were different, but still don't wash with me - just a pathetic excuse not to attend in my opinion - but that is for another thread.

Beatrice asked for it to be for her 18th because of all the 8s rather than for her 21st, as is traditional with members of the RF (as it is at that age that they can begin to serve as Counsellors of State - unless they are the heir to the throne - Charles has served since he was 18, as did the Queen, but all others who have served have been 21).

Iluvbertie said:
That was Beatrice's 18th.

. A bit like not attending her eldest son's second marriage - although the reasons were different, but still don't wash with me - just a pathetic excuse not to attend in my opinion - but that is for another thread).

Huh? I saw pictures of the Queen lined up with Camillas dad/children and William and Harry.... Was she only there for the formal pictures and not the actual wedding? (sorry I know wrong thread but...)

Maybe for Eugenie's 21st either her or her parents or possibly even the Quern said no we can't throw a huge expensive party in this climate with the recession, the scandals and the wedding less then a month away-? Just a guess.... But I'm surprised to not have at least a small event....

We are getting off topic....

The Queen's presence at the wedding of Charles & Camilla, what Eugenie does to celebrate her 21st birthday has nothing to do with Sarah's Current Events.

Sarah, Duchess of York, and Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie leaving Harry's
Bar, London, Britain - 31 March 2011.

** Pic ** gallery **

Sarah, Duchess of York, and Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie leaving Harry's
Bar, London, Britain - 31 March 2011.

** Pic ** gallery **

Thank you very much, Iceflower, for taking the time to browse the picture agencies for new Royal pics. I only wish you could find once in a while a pic of Sarah and/or her daughters leaving a museum or attending a vernissage or a concert. If they existed, I guess you'd find them - but then we had no pics of Catherine and her parents going to the ballet with Camilla, which seems to show that there is simply no interest of the media to cover such places in the evening. They obviously prefer to stand in front of in-places like bars and restaurants.

Celebrities know where to go when they want to be photographed. There are all sorts of restaurants in London that the media does not hang out at. Obviously Sarah wanted her picture taken with her two daughters.

Why would Sarah want her pictures taken with her daughters? Are you saying that Sarah is seeking publicity? Do you have anything to substantiate such a comment?

Standing outside a bar/restuarant...maybe they were standing outside because they were either arriving, leaving or waiting for their car?

I mean the paparazzi is so fierce in certain parts of the London, NYC, LA, Paris, etc.....and really, anyone can sell a photo nowadays and make a quick couple of thousands of dollars?

Celebrities know where to go when they want to be photographed. There are all sorts of restaurants in London that the media does not hang out at. Obviously Sarah wanted her picture taken with her two daughters.

Quite right. It's quite easy to know when the "private photos" are a set up because they don't complain about their privacy being invaded. Staying in the public eye is key and being photographed leaving a bar/restaurant is as good a way t do it as possible for someone who is so disliked. It's not a shopping spree and they're not liquored up. Get the shots, move on.

Maybe Harry's bar is there favourite restaurant. They shouldn't avoid places just because the press hang out there. Hey, all these pictures can go in the family album. ;)

Quite right. It's quite easy to know when the "private photos" are a set up because they don't complain about their privacy being invaded. Staying in the public eye is key and being photographed leaving a bar/restaurant is as good a way t do it as possible for someone who is so disliked. It's not a shopping spree and they're not liquored up. Get the shots, move on.

A set-up? Then does Prince Andrew also want to cultivate publicity? Because he has also been photographed on several occasions leaving the same restaurant (Harry's Bar).

A set-up? Then does Prince Andrew also want to cultivate publicity? Because he has also been photographed on several occasions leaving the same restaurant (Harry's Bar).

kakieanne made a comment and I pointed out examples of how celebs pull that trick. Sarah's post divorce life has been about keeping herself in the spotlight, Andrews isn't. There's a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom