Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 15: October 2009-December 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beatrice's dress sense continues to be challenging...

:previous: I think it's an x-linked trait over which she has no control. I was initially inclined to say it's one she received it from her mother, but remembering some of her Aunty Anne's choices makes me think it might have been inherited from both parents.

I'm off to chase some mice now.:cat:

Dont forget Princess Marggaret who had some tres interessant choices in her day. Who can forget the white clunk heeled sandals she wore with everything for years....a

Ahh but scooter...those white clunk sandals were the style. I have several pictures of other women from that time period and they all wore them!

It would be nice if Beatrice picked up a stylist, but as she has no formal events I guess it doesn't really matter.

Goodness knows what she will wear at Sandringham during Christmas.

Ahh but scooter...those white clunk sandals were the style. I have several pictures of other women from that time period and they all wore them!
Sadly, yes, my mother was a fashion casualty of that. . . :nonono:

Goodness knows what she will wear at Sandringham during Christmas.

The good thing is that we will never know. We will only see her at the church on Xmas day, but thankfully there is only so much damage she can can do with a coat and a hat!

Well everytime this gal pulls herself out of a mess another ensues.
Sarah is quite the fighter and responsible so I just cannot see her sinking under whatever comes her way. My best wishes are always with her.

I have to work at the opening of the Milionaire Fair (a lot of horrible people there btw), so I might see the Duchess of York in real life.

I have to work at the opening of the Milionaire Fair (a lot of horrible people there btw), so I might see the Duchess of York in real life.

Wow, that is amazing Marengo! You let us know how it was, oke? And good luck with the horrible people :ROFLMAO:

It's funny...I am 100% Dutch as far back as I can trace my family, yet I only really pay attention to the British royals and only pay attention to Holland when one of the British royals is there, which doesn't seem to happen very often!

What is the Millionaire Fair? I can understand Dutch "een klein beetje" ;) and even read it a bit, but I couldn't understand the whole article you posted, Marengo.

Hi rmay,
It was me who posted the article. The millionaire fair is a fair for millionairs :whistling: I have never been there (yet :ROFLMAO:) but as far as i can understand you can buy most exclusive and of course expensive stuff there and sarah will be a part of the openingsshow.

doei!
Di-fan

Last edited by a moderator:
Pics 3.12.2009

Duchess of York Sarah Ferguson with Princess Beatrice and Princess
Eugenie arrive at the U.S. premiere of Apparition's "The Young Victoria"
held at the Pacific Grove Theaters on December 3, 2009 in Los Angeles,
California.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** zimbio ** belga **

Princess Eugenie looks really grown up and is in such a lovely dress.

I totally agree with you two, plus: at such occasions I'm
always fascinated by her differing look compared to her
mother and sister..
I wonder when the premiere tour for the film is over..

Here's one more gallery from abaca and one from IBL.

I think Eugenie looks a bit tarty in that dress, like someone you'd see in a cheap nightclub. Theres certainly nothing Royal looking about any of them.

I don't think she looks "tarty". I think the dress is very mature for her and that the dress is wearing her. that's all you see is the dress. It is something that one would see in a night club, but on someone else. Older and with a better body.
And for once, her sister got it right. But does these ladies have stock in the company that produces these horrible, non flattering stockings/tights? they make their legs look like tree stumps rather than nice legs, which all 3 of them have.
As for Sarah, crushed purple velvet should not be worn by anyone for any reason.

California.

I think Princess Beatrice looks very put together. Her mother and sister
for their figures and position don't look as nice.

But on a bright note, the movie is rumored to be good enough to win awards. Good for you Duchess of York!:);):)

Pics 7.12.2009

Sarah Ferguson attends an event to promote 'The Young Victoria'
movie at Neiman Marcus on December 7, 2009 in Mclean, Virginia.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** zimbio ** belga **

Goodness! She was in my neck of the woods and I didn't even know. Darn!

I agree...she looks nice! I am so excited to see this movie. I keep watching the trailer on youtune and it looks good.

Can't wait for the scenes between Emily Blunt and Miranda Richardson!

I agree...she looks nice! I am so excited to see this movie. I keep watching the trailer on youtune and it looks good.

Can't wait for the scenes between Emily Blunt and Miranda Richardson!

The movie is excellent (IMO). I thought Miranda Richardson gave a great performance, and Emily Blunt is a wonderful Victoria. I will be always be glad I had a chance to attend the Canadian premiere.

It's funny how slowly the movie has been released across the world, though. I think the British premiere was almost a year ago.

Pics 9.12.2009

Another promotion event!

Victoria Christian and Sarah Ferguson promote the release of ''The Young
Victoria'' and Clive Christian's exclusive scent collection at Neiman Marcus
Atlanta on December 9, 2009 in Atlanta, Georgia.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** zimbio **

I had planned to see the movie but when I went to my local theatre the third day after its release in Australia I was told that it had ended its run there as no one had been to see it so they pulled it for something else that people were watching.

California.

Sarah Ferguson attends an event to promote 'The Young Victoria'
movie at Neiman Marcus on December 7, 2009 in Mclean, Virginia.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** zimbio ** belga **

Another promotion event!

Victoria Christian and Sarah Ferguson promote the release of ''The Young
Victoria'' and Clive Christian's exclusive scent collection at Neiman Marcus
Atlanta on December 9, 2009 in Atlanta, Georgia.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** zimbio **

Alot of events for the film, its a shame Beatrice can't attend some of them, or some of the cast. :ermm:
It's rather odd how the premieres of this films have been spread so far out.

The already mentioned Millionaire Fair event has taken place yesterday!

Sarah Ferguson attends the Millionaire Fair opening photocall on December
10, 2009 in Amsterdam, Netherlands.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages ** belga **

I was there (to work). I saw the Duchess but because I was far away I could not hear her that well (and the microphone wasn't too convincing either). I think that she was only there to open the fair, and left quickly afterwards. A very sensible thing to do because it was a ghastly spectacle. Old men with young women with more make up than the Mona Lisa, and all very ill mannered. This fair is really for the nouveau riche and although it is a cliché, money can't buy you class. Me and my collegues experienced that yesterday, we NEVER had such horrific guests... ever. I even got a lamp on my head, people were shouting, etc etc.

thanks iceflower for the pics and marengo for your explanation, it is nice to hear from somebody who was there. And yes i think it was a good plan that sarah left quickly after the opening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom